Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments (1081 Views)

Maryam Abacha Spotted At A Wedding (photos) / No Timeline For Subsequent Ministerial List- Presidency / South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2014

Since Abacha's earning was combined with that of Abdulsalami we can estimate Abacha to have earned only approx $55Bn total during his entire rule

yet he not only rejected ruinous IMF and World Bank loans,

he also reduced our external debt

and at the same time he increased our reserves.

He did not devalue our currency by a single kobo

He increased our fuel price by N6 per litre and was transparent enough to account for the revenue he realised by using it to fund the PTF?

Can you now see why Abacha was demonised by enemies of Nigeria? (world bank, America, Thief Obasanjo and IBB via his sidekick Abusala,i Abubakar)

Abacha was no looter
Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by morefire: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2014
lol...

sources please

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 25, 2014
World bank
morefire:
lol...
sources please
Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by anonimi: 9:28am On Nov 25, 2014
GenBuhari:
World bank

Na for mouth
Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2014
When they were telling you Abacha looted you never asked for source.
morefire:
lol...

sources please
Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 25, 2014
google is your friend
anonimi:

Na for mouth
Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by anonimi: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2014
GenBuhari:
google is your friend

Na me share the info for NLers
Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 25, 2014
Why you never asked those that said Abacha looted to provide their source?
anonimi:

Na me share the info for NLers
Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by morefire: 9:49am On Nov 25, 2014
GenBuhari:
When they were telling you Abacha looted you never asked for source.

look at this retard oh......

so international banks that returned Abachas loot lied abi

oh really they took their own hard earned money and said it was for abacha abi

I have seen u are one of those unfortunate people with access to an internet enabled phone...

better go and find something good to do with your life before u wake up and discover your already 50years and broke...

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2014
Do not result to insults if you wish to be given info to enlighten you.

There is no evidence of any returned loot ever entering our treasure - fact.

Secondly even if the funds were returned it was never proven in any court case that it was Abacha money.

Simple logical would tell you that no looter ever turns down chance of taking IMF and world bank loans
morefire:

look at this retard oh......

so international banks that returned Abachas loot lied abi

oh really they took their own hard earned money and said it was for abacha abi

I have seen u are one of those unfortunate people with access to an internet enabled phone...
-
better go and find something good to do with your life before u wake up and discover your already 50years and broke...

Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by morefire: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2014
GenBuhari:
Do not result to insults if you wish to be given info to enlighten you.

There is no evidence of any returned loot ever entering our treasure - fact.

Secondly even if the funds were returned it was never proven in any court case that it was Abacha money.

Simple logical would tell you that no looter ever turns down chance of taking IMF and world bank loans

fellow nairalanders finally i have met the most; vacuous, vapid, half-witted, obtuse, doltish person on nairaland...

"Abacha is not a thief"

wow is there still hope for this generation?

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by anonimi: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2014
GenBuhari:

Abacha was no looter

So this was the whole idea behind your COOKED figures from a source-less "world bank"
Anyway we know better and the JagaBandit's TVC confirms it =>

U.S.$700 MILLION ABACHA LOOT FULLY RETURNED - SWISS ENVOY

[img]http://www.tvcnews.tv/sites/default/files/styles/node-detail/public/field/image/Sani-Abacha.jpg[/img]

Swiss Envoy to Nigeria, Dr. Hans-Rudolf Hodel, said all the $700 million in Swiss bank accounts belonging to the late head of state General Sani Abacha have been returned to Nigeria.

Hodel said this at a news conference in Abuja. He added that Swiss and Nigerian governments have agreed to request the World Bank to
participate in the review of the use of the funds on welfare projects.

"Regarding Sani Abacha, Switzerland has restituted and returned $700 million of illicit assets to Nigeria," he said.

The ambassador said in addition to the return of the funds, Switzerland also funded a project of an NGO network which monitored the use of the recovered monies in the various development projects.

On the case against the late Abacha's son Abba, Hodel said proceedings over support of a criminal organisation were still pending in Geneva.

He added: "There are special procedures to deal with foreign clients who are PEPs (politically-exposed persons). Swiss banks must put clients into different risk categories. They might decide not to start business relationship with a PEP because of the reputation risk involved. Swiss banks are obliged by law to report well-founded suspicions of criminal activity and simultaneously freeze the assets in question."

When asked on a recent report on Swiss traders involved in opaque $6.8 billion oil deals in Nigeria, the envoy said they have not received any formal request regarding that.

"I have no knowledge that we have been contacted by the authorities. In case they will start proceedings and they will need our help, of course with international legal cooperation we will help them if they approach us. But until now, they have not approached us," he said.

From: http://www.tvcnews.tv/?q=article/nigeria-us700-million-abacha-loot-fully-returned-swiss-envoy
Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by anonimi: 10:55am On Nov 25, 2014
morefire:

fellow nairalanders finally i have met the most; vacuous, vapid, half-witted, obtuse, doltish person on nairaland...

"Abacha is not a thief"

wow is there still hope for this generation?

He is just echoing what the real clueless old soldier, who derailed our democracy 31 years ago said =>

Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari, Babangida

The late military Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, did not loot the national treasury contrary to the general impression, two military former heads of state have said.

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, who ruled Nigeria between 1983 and 1985, and his successor, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, gave Abacha the clean bill in Kano yesterday after the rememberance prayers marking 10 years of the death of Abacha, who ruled between 1993 and 1998.

Abacha was accused of stealing nearly £5 billion while in office, out of which over $1 billion has reportedly been recovered from various sources around the world.

But Babangida, who described Abacha as a "courageous, loyal and honest military head of state who stood for the unity and development of the country during his years in government", has dismissed the allegations.

He said the looting allegations against Abacha were unfounded and baseless, stressing that "it is not true that he looted public treasury. I knew who Abacha was because I was close to him".

Babangida said: "Abacha was a courageous person who stood firmly in handling the affairs of the country during his regime."

He added that the regime of Abacha brought positive changes in the country which should have been emulated.

He said 10 years after the death of Abacha, his contributions to the nation's economy remain indelible.

"There is no doubt, during his administration as head of state, Abacha contributed his best to the nation's economy which we are still enjoying," he said.

Babangida's new position however contrasts with what he told Newswatch magazine in July 2000.

He had said: "The revelations [on Abacha's loot] surprised me. I am surprised, because I didn't know."

He had also explained that Abacha's death brought "relative stability", adding that "it gives us, oh well, let's see, there is hope after all".

Babangida, in that interview, also blamed the society for allowing Abacha to grow into the dictator he became.

"I feel bad that society failed to realise that they have a duty to protect whatever values they hold dear to their hearts as far as this country is concerned. At any rate, there are people I like and do respect those who stood against the regime, who are not military officers but civilians who are able to speak out. They didn't mince words and if their views had been heard, he wouldn't have [done enough harm]," he had said in response to a question.

Buhari, in his own comments yesterday, described the allegations of looting against Abacha as "baseless", because according to him, "ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts".

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/200806090008.html

Arewa People's Congress, APC spreading LIES and rumours since 1999 angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abacha's Crude Oil Earning Compared With Subsequent Governments by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
Tell me another looter that refused IMF and World Bank loans whilst income was only $13bn per year

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Engr. Doris Uboh For Senate Delta North Senatorial District 2015 / OAU Students Protest As Jonathan’s Visit Paralyses School / Nigerian Politicians Abuse Of Privilege: Insult To Our Armed Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.