Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. (557 Views)

How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site / Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge / Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. by Vikkie14: 11:17am On Nov 25, 2014
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Osun State, yesterday, raised an alarm over the N700 million budget for the second term inauguration of Osun state governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola. Informationng.com reports.

In a public statement issued by the Director of Media and Strategy for the Senator Iyiola Omisore governorship campaign in Osun State, Dr. Diran Odeyemi, the party said N700 million for the swearing-in ceremony“amid hunger by workers, who have not been paid salary in the last three months tells much about the kind of leaders holding the reigns in Osun at the moment.”
The party recalled that in November 2012, Aregbesola told some bankers in the state that he“can pay workers salary every 25th day of the month without monthly allocation from the federation account and I will not owe them a penny”, but expressed regret that just two years after boasting to the bankers, the workers in the state has been owed for months at different times, even when statutory allocations due to the state are paid regularly by the Federal Government.

The Aregbesola administration earlier this month blamed non-payment of salaries on the federal government, saying the FG reduced funds accruable to states from the federation account,‘based on the spurious allegation of drop in the sales of crude oil.’
It will be recalled that Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola was re-elected as governor of the state after he won in the August 9, 2014 gubernatorial election. He is due to be inaugurated for another term on Thursday, November 27 2014.
His opponent in the election, Senator Iyiola Omisore of the PDP went on to file a petitionbefore the state elections tribunal in Osogbo, the state capital. Omisore also recently claimed that his life was in dangerconcerning the August 9 election the state capital.

NB: http://www.naij.com/330906-osun-pdp-slams-aregbesola.html
Re: Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. by omenka(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2014
When I saw the title I immediately said "this must be coming from PDP". Than I opened the thread and BOOM, first line on the first paragraph!!!

PDP is a conglomerate of liars. Ask Abati!!
Re: Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2014
I was here mhen.
Re: Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. by brownlord: 11:57am On Nov 25, 2014
omenka:
When I saw the title I immediately said "this must be coming from PDP". Than I opened the thread and BOOM, first line on the first paragraph!!!

what if the news turns out to be true, will you still criticize the messenger?

1 Like

Re: Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. by aljharem(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2014
omenka:

You as dum.b as a donkey. Smh
Re: Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. by Trut(m): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
omenka:

Hypocrite. If the news is about PDP, you will castigate PDP without verifying the news.
Re: Osun To Spend An Alleged 700millions On Second Term Inauguration. by omenka(m): 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
Trut:

Hypocrite. If the news is about PDP, you will castigate PDP without verifying the news.
And I'm supposed to embrace news with this source?? Well, if you chose to gobble on the excrement of pigs, that's your business, but you can't force me to.

So, go and die.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Replies Obasanjo, Says Ex-president A ’​liar​’ / Halliburton Bribery In Nigeria Fully Exposed....The European MD's Confession / 1 Killed As PDP Holds Primaries In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.