Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). (79681 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / Funny Medical School Pictures / Face Of Ajao Estate Grammar School (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Muzikluva(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
dreydee:
that's where I did my secondary education. I know that girl at the extreme left of the first picture.
it's ananya. my ....... wink

she's Turkish.
rily? I also know the girl on her immediate right.She is my ......

She's Irish.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by salbis(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

how is this investment or how is it different from the investments in FGCs?
. I don't need to answer those questions. Explore your grey matter bro, those answers you are looking for are right there.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by rolled: 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
nellytivities:

Do you mean Federal Goverment GIRLS' College Benin?
Yeah
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by remmat(f): 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
i finished from there...no biggie really.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by nellytivities(f): 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
rolled:

Yeah
What set did you graduate from?
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Stephxoblessed(f): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
yinkson:

First Class Upper in either Eng, Law or Edu...that's all grin
hmmmm
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Stephxoblessed(f): 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
clemz88:
hmm I also asked my self the same questions. In my own opinion, if one doesn't hold 20 years work xperience + professional Qualification + doctorate , I must say Don't even bother your self nearing that gate.
20 years? thats like forever
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by lacreamieboie(m): 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
franugo:

hope u dont mind me asking, how much do u guys pay per session?

as at 2008 it was £6500, exclusive of boarding fee. But now my younger sister pays approximately £8000 termly.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by lacreamieboie(m): 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
crowniran:
grin grin
na lie,judging frm ur profile pic
u think? It's ok... cos ur unbelief can't change my certificate!
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by tuncy(m): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2014
Well, my philosophy is "If you can't send your kids to a good school, forget it! Its better not to give birth to them at all".

2 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Ayowunmi2002: 9:21am On Nov 27, 2014
BabaAlabi:
The classroom alone is better than my principal's office in Umutukororo Grammar School. May thunder fire poverty.
Lol
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Mamode14(m): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
Legacy44:
Wow...amazing infrastructures and facilities. Always dreamt of attending one like this...sad

Anyways... I'll always be proud of the ghetto sec. school i attended. Certain events shaped my life positively and ghetto school was one f themcheesy
true talk
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Mamode14(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
magabounce:
Add a few mils n u'e buyin a range sport
reaL mata boss
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
our future lies with Almighty God,no matter hu we are or wat we Pass tru,,, I Am telling u guys d school is good and it's standard, if my popsy have dis amount I would ave use it to pay a whole public school school fees and rather go to a 30000# per term school , blessings from dis people is more Dan enough,,,, MY fellow nairalanders dat have access to dis privilege Why don't u start by helping d poors? some students in Nigeria can't afford 850# school fees per term, Let's join hand together to make Nigeria a better place to live in
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 28, 2014
They dnt even do waec?]

Chai!!! This is too expensive o.
I will rather send my kids to a normal school and employ private lesson teachers to complete the rest.

If you are intelligent, you are intelligent.
It's not by eating spaghetti with fellow ajebos that will make you pass Jamb.

I don talk my own[/quote]

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by tiebe: 11:06am On Nov 28, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

body weight is a function of intake vs output.
if you like eat all you want, if you are working your ass off or have thyrotoxicosis or type 1 Diabetes, you go lean.
And when you eat like a bird but sleep for the most part of the day, no worries, no grass cutting, etc, you will retain more.

all very true. all very correct. infact, u've justified what i said earlier that comfort doesnt cause obesity. smiley and the medical conditions you have just stated are exceptions to the rules. to every rule, there are exceptions. if one has any of these medical conditions, the rules change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by wip7: 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
Codedboy95:
they pay about N2, 911, 300.00/year (day student) N4, 000,300.00/year (boarding) does it worth it

??..

Is not, imagine the cooling system seem broken and this at the dorm at that.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Ndipe(m): 3:57am On Dec 04, 2014
The school cost too much, this just widens the gap between the rich and the poor.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by igbo2011(m): 5:42am On Dec 06, 2014
AfroBlue:
bring back colonialism ....just a joke sorry. grin

Look how we openly embrace it and if i were to try and build an African centered school people would ask me "why are you always do afrocentric?"

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
Onegai:
I know Lekki British well. To this school, Corona, Grange, Whitesands and more, my only question is this?

How many of your alumni are on the top 20 list of best performing students at SAT, GSCE and other international exams to enter universities?

My nephews went to a kindergarten that, well, their schoolfees could pay an Engineering contract staff. Not that much follow-up at home. When the older one went to Primary school, he had to be taken back a class. He could barely read but had a pretty accent. A lot of these schools are giving cosmetic values. Show me the laboratories, show me the library, show me scores that are incredible when compared to the average Prep school in England, US or India. Show me the innovation entering those minds, show me the list of scholarships won by students, awards amongst their peers etc. Even the best music students rarely come from expensive Lagos schools (trust me on this, or better yet, attend one of MUSON's concerts).

For that N4mil, I'd send my daughter to QA's School and my boys to Harrow.

My kids will go to the kind of school where the teacher has to know more than me, I expect to see all sorts of Science, Arts projects. AP Calculus style, not speaking phonetics and carrying ipads to play and show off with your mates, while your parents feel smug for showing off to society that they can afford to pay for overpriced schooling.
Try not to be too judgmental about 'expensive' schools. Its all a matter of choice. Nigerians have this crazy mentality that kids from comfortable homes are all fat dullards. There are a lot of bright kids from LBS doing very well in ivy league universities. Do your research before making hasty general statements

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
extension:
Why are they not the best in jamb ,neco or waec? At the end the year ,the school without principal in okokomaiko will be the best both in neco and waec.
You wish. many of these schools don't bother with utme, waec etc. Instead the kids take SAT, A levels, ACT
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
tiebe:

I agree with you.

These schools in PH and Lagos are expensive without the quality of education to back their expenses. and In Nigeria, a lot of times, parents/people automatically think more expensive is always better. only a few schools in Nigeria are expensive AND good.

a tertiary univerisity like Havard is expensive and they have awards and the likes to prove their worth. (unfortunately, i never sabi any names of expensive and good oyibo secondary schools. na only oyibo public schools I sabi). how many times do u hear BIS students winning math competitions in Nigeria, West AFrica or further out? we no de hear dia name o.
Jealousy is not attractive. Just saying
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Ndipe(m): 2:09am On Aug 27, 2015
mykel20:
Try not to be too judgmental about 'expensive' schools. Its all a matter of choice. Nigerians have this crazy mentality that kids from comfortable homes are all fat dullards. There are a lot of bright kids from LBS doing very well in ivy league universities. Do your research before making hasty general statements

I disagree, on the contrary, Nigerians have this mentality that kids from comfortable homes are SMART, because they are rich and go to private schools while those from public schools or from poorer backgrounds arent as smart as their counterparts at expensive private schools.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ndipe:

I disagree, on the contrary, Nigerians have this mentality that kids from comfortable homes are SMART, because they are rich and go to private schools while those from public schools or from poorer backgrounds arent as smart as their counterparts at expensive private schools.
Well said. My opinion was formed based on the general tone of the comments and personal experience. As I have seen that may differ
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by manie(m): 4:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
Money is good.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by KingAzubuike(f): 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2020
Codedboy95:
they pay about N2, 911, 300.00/year (day student) N4, 000,300.00/year (boarding) does it worth it ??..
It does. I used to be like you guys castigating schools like these and their kids but man there's a reason we Nigerians generally say the rich marry the rich or the rich keeps getting richer. It's not just about the quality education in these schools, think about the life long partnership and connections you'll form to make you a greater person. Those kids there are no ordinary kids, they are kids of big men and women in Nigeria. Your seat mate na actor pikin, this one na politician pikin, this one na business mogul pikin, this one na pikin of one top dog for government parastatal. Even if you na poor man pikin but manage to get scholarship there, tell me why you no go make am for this life? As a child there, you'll form a caucas to last you a life time.

If you like insult them that you write the same waec etc and you had 12 A's in waec from umukuru community development Grammer school, dear the dullest of those kids will never hustle for 200k monthly job with you. Once again I used to be like you guys until I visited one of these big secondary schools for an orientation some years back. Man those kids were exposed and smart. The communication was flowing like I was talking to an adult. And forget they don't even settle to write jamb and waec lol. Most of them write Cambridge A levels and the likes. They end up finding themselves in big schools like Princeton, Pennsylvania, Harvard , Oxford , London school of economics etc.

Ndipe
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Ndipe(m): 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.