Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians (43254 Views)

Phone Number 419ners Now Use to Defraud Nigerians / I Dressed Like A Woman To Defraud Men –alam, Suspected (pictured) / Photo: Beware!!! Scammers Using APC To Swindle Unsuspecting Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by abbeyoye2001(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Thanks for the info
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Innodon(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Xmas is around the corner
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by namqul(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
lawanson44:
To think i got the same call yesterday. shocked I send the guy N400 mtn and he refused to pick my call afterwards. Mods, do the needful. If na Tiwa Savage wears boxers na im we go see for front page.
u funny die

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
Story Story oooo
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by megabyte2(f): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
He must be an hungry man
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by pak: 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
Heard about this 'format' sometimes in 2008 na !

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Jakeattah(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
how is it that some unscrupulous humans just sit down ant think of new ways to cheat and rob innocent people..... its a pity
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Jakeattah(m): 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
how is it that some inscrupulous humans just sit down ant think of new ways to cheat and rob innocent people..... its a pity

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is a rather old trick, I received a call of such nature about 2 years back.

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Bagani: 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
SuperModerator:

Did you read the story?
Dis ur monicker sef be like scam too #just saying
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by xtervaganza(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
prince3009:
My mum received a call this morning while lying on her sick bed, it was someone who claimed to be an FRSC official. He claimed that there was someone involved in a ghastly motor accident whom she (my mum) knew and that she should call back...i was already all set for work so i decided to call the number. When i did, the "FRSC" man asked where i was and i told him i was in Abuja. He then said that there was a ghastly motor accident which occurred along the Lokoja/Abuja road and a woman whom we supposedly know was involved.

He said he got my mum's number from the woman's phone and that though she is alive, she is in a very critical condition. According to him, the 3 people sitting down beside her died on the spot and the woman needed urgent medical attention. He further inquired if i knew any Red Cross number and i said no. I told him to simply use the woman's number to call me so that i would be able to ascertain her identity by tallying it with the contacts on my mum's phone or mine so we could know if she was a close relative but he responded by saying that there was no credit in the woman's phone and that he tried the "Call Me Back" method which did not work. He finally broke the camel's back by saying i should send MTN Recharge Card of about N400 to him so he could load the phone and call me back with it. I told him that i would send him just N100 but he insisted it must be N400 or at least N200. That was when it dawned on me. I was so upset cos my mum is a High BP and Diabetic patient which culminated to a stroke months back and was still recovering in my house only for them to spring this up on her. I managed to calm both her and my younger sister down by telling them it was a prank call from a scammer and related my reasons to them.

If you are reading this and got a similar call, please share your experience and for those who have not, be wary...IT IS A CHEAP SCAM!
thank you very much for this eye opener

may GOD bless you and heal your mom

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by drey076(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dearis God ooooo
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by kunleeko(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
I also got a similar call last year. I tried calling all my close relatives to ascertain their safety, to make matters worse, my wife, (fiancee then) didn't pick her calls. Out of desperation I called the man only to be to told to send 400 naira credit to him. I decided to play a fast one on him by teaching him how to use the "call me back" option but he refused, that was when I realised he was a fraud.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by allanphash7(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
thought GEJ said he created 4000 jobs? how come thos is still happening!

#unemploymentcausingthis
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Jerry24kay(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
Really cheap
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by prinzade: 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
XMAS is coming people shd just beware
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by tomistelle(f): 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
lawanson44:
To think i got the same call yesterday. shocked I send the guy N400 mtn and he refused to pick my call afterwards. Mods, do the needful. If na Tiwa Savage wears boxers na im we go see for front page.

Buhahahahahaha,I can see "first class learner" on ya forehead,,pele dearie *e-hugs*
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Coolboi05(m): 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
Reaceived same call...but unfortunately for the guy...dnt know any1 goint along lagos Ibadan express way...was so shocked..called him bk 2 scatter him wit abuses..d shege no gree pickh
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by radiance26(f): 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
It is well.God help us,so why won't our leaders scam us? undecided
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by obainojazz(m): 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
SuperModerator:

Did you read the story

Can someone be this dumb
yes ur father
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by SuperModerator: 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
Bagani:
Dis ur monicker sef be like scam too #just saying
No be scam, na me be d SuperModerator wey Seun finally employ grin

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Chuksteric(m): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
One called me this evening and was like why haven't i given him his 30k ... I was shocked and he psyched me but all thanks to my brother who deleted his number and told me his tricks... Guys these days add jazz to their stuffs

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
prince3009:
My mum received a call this morning while lying on her sick bed, it was someone who claimed to be an FRSC official. He claimed that there was someone involved in a ghastly motor accident whom she (my mum) knew and that she should call back...i was already all set for work so i decided to call the number. When i did, the "FRSC" man asked where i was and i told him i was in Abuja. He then said that there was a ghastly motor accident which occurred along the Lokoja/Abuja road and a woman whom we supposedly know was involved.

He said he got my mum's number from the woman's phone and that though she is alive, she is in a very critical condition. According to him, the 3 people sitting down beside her died on the spot and the woman needed urgent medical attention. He further inquired if i knew any Red Cross number and i said no. I told him to simply use the woman's number to call me so that i would be able to ascertain her identity by tallying it with the contacts on my mum's phone or mine so we could know if she was a close relative but he responded by saying that there was no credit in the woman's phone and that he tried the "Call Me Back" method which did not work. He finally broke the camel's back by saying i should send MTN Recharge Card of about N400 to him so he could load the phone and call me back with it. I told him that i would send him just N100 but he insisted it must be N400 or at least N200. That was when it dawned on me. I was so upset cos my mum is a High BP and Diabetic patient which culminated to a stroke months back and was still recovering in my house only for them to spring this up on her. I managed to calm both her and my younger sister down by telling them it was a prank call from a scammer and related my reasons to them.

If you are reading this and got a similar call, please share your experience and for those who have not, be wary...IT IS A CHEAP SCAM!
op what made her bp high if no be una dey trouble her anyhow sad....make una leave that woman alone o...her time never reach....

this one is strong....

in spain where i reside there is nafng like scam.

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by SuperModerator: 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
obainojazz:
yes ur father
Sorry, I underestimated your dumbness, I shouldn't have quoted you in the first place

Wasted sperm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Cholls(m): 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
My brother what can I say? I have received one from a lady with a deep igbo accent. She said I won 1000000 naira and that should send 400 naira so she can call to tell me how to retrieve my money I just said ok and I hung up. She called me back tire my brother I no bother pick am o. Because I notice say she no know say na me school the person wey school her.

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by AUSVINS(m): 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
SuperModerator:
Trying to dupe someone of just N400 credit?

Hard to believe
Bro if they dupe 1000 people 400 each that is 400,000. Just pray u don't fall Vitim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by tomistelle(f): 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
People sha wanna kill chicken. Flex by force ds xmas grin
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by akereconfi: 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
derrick333:
Hahahah jus same call ,I recivd ysdy,@1st I was scard , but leta I cald all my siblings n de were al fyn,oboy if u c d text filld wit courses way I send dis guy?

CURSES angry

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Waspy(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
Men must whak nao
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by onadana: 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
cheesy NIgerian scammers operating since Noah and the Ark....
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
APC at work.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by obainojazz(m): 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
SuperModerator:

Sorry, I underestimated your dumbness, I shouldn't have quoted you in the first place

Wasted sperm
continue crying...
dumb ffuck..
hehe...
I know u were conjured by expired sperm and brought up with soured milk...
its affecting u..
rretarded ffucktard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Nigerian Ladies Heading To Russia For Prostitution Caught In Cameroon / Undergraduate Stabbed Pregnant Girlfriend In Oyo (photo) / Man Rapes His 17-Year-Old Daughter In Lagos, Turns Her Into His Sex Object

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.