Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians (43188 Views)

Phone Number 419ners Now Use to Defraud Nigerians / I Dressed Like A Woman To Defraud Men –alam, Suspected (pictured) / Photo: Beware!!! Scammers Using APC To Swindle Unsuspecting Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by UjSizzle(f): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2014
Funny. I got one late last year (December) and fortunately I happened to have lost my phone to the sitting room couch--long story grin. When I got home and eventually found the phone, it turned out I had about 8 missed calls from an unfamiliar number and an SMS stating that a supposed friend of mine had been involved on a car accident and they'd gotten my number from her phone. It was strange because I was addressed by my first name too.

Anyway, I called back the number while also texting a friend on whatsapp to inform him of the latest development. The nigger on the other end of the line after the call connected began giving me lectures about going out with my phone and all that nonsense. Meanwhile I was wondering what friend in Lagos could possibly have had an accident. First I have only few friends in Lagos, who happened to be in good health, and my colleagues at work were all fine too undecided

So I probed the dude, asking for the identity of the friend, hospital she was taken to and if he had called someone else.....say her parents?
He said he left a friend of his to handle the matter and promised to get in touch with update.

After hanging up, I went to have myself a nice bowl of eba because somewhere in the conversation I realized the nigger and accident was a fluke and it made no sense to ask me for whatever since it was way past 9hrs since the first call.

Abeg help me thank God for my couch that swallowed my phone that fateful Monday. I don't know what kind of heart attack these thieves would have given me that day cheesy
May you all have furniture to liberate you from scoundrels grin
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Psoul(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2014
My wife was called two days b4 our daughter's dedication. The caller told her that he was hired by two men and one lady to come and kill her. He mentioned the names of almost all my family members and told my wife he know dem all and for that he feel so weak carrying out such act against my family.
He then told my wife to send money to him so that he will not carry out the killing. Trust my wife naa....she is smarter than such cheap scam, she blasted the caller dat he even became so ashamed of himself.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Norstrademus(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2014
So this is now virile..had the same kinda call sometime last year.the guy claimed also that he was a frsc official&DAT a female I knw was involved in a ghastly accident along the lagos/benin expressway.i became scared Cs the only sister I have is a chronic traveler,she knws HW to move around the country.so I jux told d guy I was gonna call him back.i tried calling my sis buh cudnt reach her DAT was when I became really perturbed.i called my mum&she confirmed my sis was with her&safe.i den proceeded to call my gf who was in lag@d tym buh u knw gals and their love for adventures,I still had to confirm she was ok.i dint call the guy back,I narrated wat transpired to my mum&she called the guy herself posing as a senior official of the frsc..she told him "as am talking to u we are tracking this call&will pick u up for impersonation and fraud"cum hear as the guy the beg saying it was the work of the devil&HW he won't attempt such again..

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by ghost1718(m): 11:40am On Nov 29, 2014
Where is iceberylin ??grin dude come out and defend ur kind grin grin
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Ndkings1(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2014
Na waoo...See what bad governance and joblessness is bringing to us.
@poster i empathise with u on ur mums condition and i pray she coms around soon. I was once in ur shoes and knw what it feels like to hav ur momma on the sick bed especially wen u dpend on her for evrtin.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by iceberylin(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2014
ghost1718:
Where is iceberylin ??grin dude come out and defend ur kind grin grin
Guy,u smoke weed undecided

I resemble cyber-criminal angry
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Chigold101(m): 11:42am On Nov 29, 2014
Raxxye:
This scam na very low-profile one!
Ordinary 400 naira card?
Wetin him wan use am do; na to make call abi na to sell am for N200 because I know say dem no go price am past that amount!
Na wa o! This is poverty and if dem don scam u of only 400 naira, you don't need to cry or complain; take am say u donate that amount to help somebody buy bread and mineral for lunch!
grin grin grin grin he will use the 400 naira to call many others and may be he will get someone that will fall to his tricks.
thank God that Nairaland was able to put this in front page... but they cant help people that are fallen victim everyday to scammars that use Nairaland to perpetuate their act. Someone like ifaoni that tricks people here in nairaland...

see this link... https://www.nairaland.com/2016991/ifaoni-thieves-dont-live-long
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Kenneth205(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2014
englishmart:
that's impossible

I cnt argue wid u bro.. Keep followinq.. U will b convinced soon.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by 3kay945(m): 11:52am On Nov 29, 2014
Stelvin101:
Is it that these stup1d people have access to large data's containing people's number or they just text any number hoping somebody must fall mugu. I have received more than 4 different text from Politicians in ma state campaigning and I also wonder how they come across people's number. angry

Probably from manifest people write when travelling. The next of kin numbers I guess. undecided
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by ghost1718(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
iceberylin:

lol
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by ghost1718(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
iceberylin:

maga must say grin grin grin
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by iceberylin(m): 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
ghost1718:
maga must say grin grin grin
Lol...they gats pay nana grin
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
well well well..christmas is here.those hoodlums will use all form of tactics like a wrestler to spindle u of ur hard earned money.
recently one man called me up and mentioned my full name and asked if i ve forgotten him.The astonishing part was that the man mentioned my house address and said he has left PHCN and now works in chevron that he has a contract for me.From the conversation,it dawned on me that he was a scammer.Told him I wasnt interested cos i never knew anyone from PHCN.My sister was equally called with a different name and immediately she informed me,I told her its a scam..My wife was also sent Dangote promotions stuff that she has won some millions and that she should register on line.I called the guy up myself and I changed my name and told the guy Im from EFCC and that I ve been monitoring his scam activities but that he should stop it and that I knew his hideout,Immediately,the guy changed voice and started abusing me..
LETS ALL BE OBSERVANT.YOU DONT REAP WHERE U DID NOT SOW.DONT EXPECT FAST MONEY.ITS A MATTER OF TIME
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by HolyHolla(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
I recently got a call from one of such scammers pretending to be your close friend in order to take some advantage. This is how I handled it:

Ring, ring ... that was my phone and I picked up, though the calling no. didn't appear ...

Me: Hello.

Scammer: Is that so, so, so and so? (Scammer mentions my name).

Me: Yes, who's speaking?

Scammer: I'm calling from UK. (Apparently, the chap knows I have links there). Guess now... Who do you know in UK?

(I quickly got the gist... it's a 419 monkey!!! Let's play monkey game with monkey!)

Me: Oh, is that Gboyega? Long time!

Scammer: Yes, it's me now. I thought you wouldn't recognise my voice.

Me: Why won't I? Even though you're disguising, I'll still know your voice. So, how are you?

Scammer: Fine, we are coping.

Me: I saw your pictures on FB. You've been enjoying yourself travelling around. I saw that one you posted, taken in New York.

Scammer: I just had to make that business trip o.

Me: But, you are a bad boy o. You just abandoned your family and friends in Nigeria and you are enjoying all over the U.S.

Scammer: It's not my fault o.

Me: Have you been told of how your father died last week of untreated disease linked to malnutrition? Even your mother was knocked down by palm wine tapper on a bicycle. She has been in hospital since with broken legs. In fact, she is suffering hunger too. The N50 bread she ate last night, I was the one who bought it for her...

(I was prepared to go on and on, relating his woes to him when he suddenly retorted...)

Scammer: Na your Mama go..... (Started cursing and hung up).

Me: Tehehehehe... I scammed the scammer...

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by bengoodcreature: 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY, I DON RECEIVE D MESSAGE TIRE
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by derrick333(m): 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
charleff512:

curses sir!
Ani 1,as long as u ustnd
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
redcliff:

Stop being silly

Sorry for being silly. But is Tiwa Savage your sister? undecided
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Finally made frontpage after 5 days. Better late than never though.

xtervaganza:
thank you very much for this eye opener

may GOD bless you and heal your mom

Amen. Thank you very much sir
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
musicwriter:

This's how Nigerian's should think. You're really smart, possibly smarter than the scammer. With all the news of yahoo yahoo all over the place in Nigeria, I still find it hard to believe Nigerians do fall for a scam no matter how sophisticated.
It shall be well with you and your mom. Have a nice day.

Thanks.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
op what made her bp high if no be una dey trouble her anyhow sad....make una leave that woman alone o...her time never reach....

this one is strong....

in spain where i reside there is nafng like scam.

Is this what you could conjure out of your brain to say? Anyway, thanks for dropping by.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
tellwisdom:
Op, are you poor??. So you cldnt afford 400 naira card? sad.

Lol. I only wanted to give him N100 worth of airtime cos I could easily let that go even though I knew he was a scammer. I couldn't just bring myself to give a scammer N400 airtime
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ndkings1:
Na waoo...See what bad governance and joblessness is bringing to us.
@poster i empathise with u on ur mums condition and i pray she coms around soon. I was once in ur shoes and knw what it feels like to hav ur momma on the sick bed especially wen u dpend on her for evrtin.

Thanks. Though @bolded is the other way round.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
I got a call too and after telling me that a family member was involved in accident,he requested for call credit. I cursed the guy.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by barrysome001: 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
My facebook account was hacked yesterday and the scammer,went ahead to sending messages to my friends that I (as in him the perpetrator) was stranded,as my atm card was trapped in d atm and I (him) needed some money,that my friends should send him #1500 MTN card...bla bla bla. The fool doesn't want to know my relationship with the people he was relating with...oh boy,na so guys just rush to help a 'ME' that av neva asked for such,in pity passion like it was 4 real, one of them just sharp-up and gave me a call to confirm as he was smelling deception,I told him it wasn't me,sharply na him I go make rectifications o...abt 3 fell for d trick and abt 3 to 4 responded when I now had the account in control,I told them it was a scammer's action dat dy shld load there credit o.....
Scammers are cunning and are every where but them no wise reach God! May we not fall in their hands o,AMEN....and let us too be careful.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by shehuAO: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
Poverty,na big sickness my brothers,just imagine 400 Naira scam.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by barrysome001: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
HolyHolla:
I recently got a call from one of such scammers pretending to be your close friend in order to take some advantage. This is how I handled it:

Ring, ring ... that was my phone and I picked up, though the calling no. didn't appear ...

Me: Hello.

Scammer: Is that so, so, so and so? (Scammer mentions my name).

Me: Yes, who's speaking?

Scammer: I'm calling from UK. (Apparently, the chap knows I have links there). Guess now... Who do you know in UK?

(I quickly got the gist... it's a 419 monkey!!! Let's play monkey game with monkey!)

Me: Oh, is that Gboyega? Long time!

Scammer: Yes, it's me now. I thought you wouldn't recognise my voice.

Me: Why won't I? Even though you're disguising, I'll still know your voice. So, how are you?

Scammer: Fine, we are coping.

Me: I saw your pictures on FB. You've been enjoying yourself travelling around. I saw that one you posted, taken in New York.

Scammer: I just had to make that business trip o.

Me: But, you are a bad boy o. You just abandoned your family and friends in Nigeria and you are enjoying all over the U.S.

Scammer: It's not my fault o.

Me: Have you been told of how your father died last week of untreated disease linked to malnutrition? Even your mother was knocked down by palm wine tapper on a bicycle. She has been in hospital since with broken legs. In fact, she is suffering hunger too. The N50 bread she ate last night, I was the one who bought it for her...

(I was prepared to go on and on, relating his woes to him when he suddenly retorted...)

Scammer: Na your Mama go..... (Started cursing and hung up).

Me: Tehehehehe... I scammed the scammer...

funny,nyc 1 bro...u make sense.

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by ARareGem(f): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
satowind:

U are a fool when ur leaders do the worst and tell the masses to prepare 4 austerity what do u expect. Maga falls mugu, boys chop.

Like I said may God have mercy on your sorry-state of mentality! You had better start changing now and evacuate the fool's paradise you're living in.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by satowind(m): 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
ARareGem:

Like I said may God have mercy on your sorry-state of mentality! You had better start changing now and evacuate the fool's paradise you're living in.
I don't trade words wit fo.ols
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by redcliff: 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
lawanson44:

Sorry for being silly. But is Tiwa Savage your sister? undecided

Yes.. she is..
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
redcliff:

Yes.. she is..

Ok. Please tell her on my behalf that she should stop being a Beyoncé wannabe and that she should try covering herself very well
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Waliyllahi(m): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
prince3009:
My mum received a call this morning while lying on her sick bed, it was someone who claimed to be an FRSC official. He claimed that there was someone involved in a ghastly motor accident whom she (my mum) knew and that she should call back...i was already all set for work so i decided to call the number. When i did, the "FRSC" man asked where i was and i told him i was in Abuja. He then said that there was a ghastly motor accident which occurred along the Lokoja/Abuja road and a woman whom we supposedly know was involved.

He said he got my mum's number from the woman's phone and that though she is alive, she is in a very critical condition. According to him, the 3 people sitting down beside her died on the spot and the woman needed urgent medical attention. He further inquired if i knew any Red Cross number and i said no. I told him to simply use the woman's number to call me so that i would be able to ascertain her identity by tallying it with the contacts on my mum's phone or mine so we could know if she was a close relative but he responded by saying that there was no credit in the woman's phone and that he tried the "Call Me Back" method which did not work. He finally broke the camel's back by saying i should send MTN Recharge Card of about N400 to him so he could load the phone and call me back with it. I told him that i would send him just N100 but he insisted it must be N400 or at least N200. That was when it dawned on me. I was so upset cos my mum is a High BP and Diabetic patient which culminated to a stroke months back and was still recovering in my house only for them to spring this up on her. I managed to calm both her and my younger sister down by telling them it was a prank call from a scammer and related my reasons to them.

If you are reading this and got a similar call, please share your experience and for those who have not, be wary...IT IS A CHEAP SCAM!
cheap scam indeed! so sorry abt ur mum's conditn...d supportive mgt has to be good na ooo so dat she will regain maximum fxn...well done for takin good care of her

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by JoelFelix(m): 12:39am On Nov 30, 2014
bunmioguns:
naso one eediot tell me sey i don win 750000 for lacasera promo like say i play any game

embarassed embarassed

e come gimme one uselesss number say make i call the person

i just laugh

dem never see their mugun

mo sharp baje

grin grin

Oboy, the same thing happened to me as a new person nah, I didn't know so I had to call to confirm and when I called the Guy now picked the call and began to ask me if I have ever received any message like that. I told him no, he told me to send him N400 recharge card so he could give me one PIN to the subscription to show my qualification as one of the lucky winners.

I say see mugu u no know say na hunger man I b abi? The Guy kept calling me even when I was on bike.

I say see despondency, na so I dey tell am say call me later I dey on bike.
As the Guy call-call tired na so e come give up.

na so I say na 9JA we dey o so we know ourselves make em carry em wahala for head.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Was Assaulted By Policemen For Refusing Them Sex – Brutalised FUTA Student / Stray Bullet Hits Boy In Rivers State (Photos) / Corpses Of Fulani Women, Children Murdered Discovered In Bush In Taraba(Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.