Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians (43250 Views)

Phone Number 419ners Now Use to Defraud Nigerians / I Dressed Like A Woman To Defraud Men –alam, Suspected (pictured) / Photo: Beware!!! Scammers Using APC To Swindle Unsuspecting Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by hugoart(m): 11:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
The thunder'll strike these scammers resemble Jonathan supporter of APC boko haram members.

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
I usually turn the game on them , one happened a year or two ago when this guy called to tell me I have just been employed by NNPC and told me call a certain number. I usually get 2700 naira call credit from Airtel everyday to call any Airtel number if I recharge 500 naira everyday which I did on that day , luckily the number was an Airtel number so I called back. The guy started forming Queens English ( abi na Kings English ) when I cut him off , I explained to him why the scam won't work on anyone saying NNPC won't give you a number to call back and that they are more professional than this . I turned the heat up when I told them I was a member of the Lagos state house of assembly and capable of securing good jobs for them if they can only leave this 419 they are doing. They bought it hook , line and sinker with the fact that I spoke over the phone for about an hour to them. Till this day I still get calls from them to fix them up in politics/government. If I wan catch them na to arrange say make dem meet me for one place

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Chrisx1x(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
bunmioguns:
naso one eediot tell me sey i don win 750000 for lacasera promo like say i play any game

embarassed embarassed

e come gimme one uselesss number say make i call the person

i just laugh

dem never see their mugun

mo sharp baje

grin grin
me 2. I wanted to call d number and hear wat d idiot hv to say bt i didnt want to waste my precious airtime
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by jahbiz: 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
''You have won #450,000 for lacasera drink and win promo, call.......'' Ano fit count the number of times wey adon receive this kind msg wey dem go talk say awin so so amount. Acom dey reason say these guys no get new format again or what? Me wey ano like lacasera @all, dem go com dey tell me say I win so so for lacasera drink and win promo. Na my ghost drink am?
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by afanda(m): 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
@ OP. Some fella gave me a shout claiming to be an Engineer whom I should know. He stated that he ran into a Police Van. That I should send him 400 recharge. I informed him that my ATM Card just got eaten. He still insisted. I know told him even though my accent might sound northern he should read btw the lines. I could run you down Bawz! Bingo. The fella never hollered baq!!!

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Chrisx1x(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
spinna:
I received the 750000 la casera text like fifty times in a row .. i was afeard ...come see steady deleting

My office security fell for a Funke Akindele "giveback" scam on facebook...i told him if it was her she wouldn't be dashing strangers iphones and macbooks. he paid 7500 for "courier service" only to be asked to pay more as the items were in separate "packet "

he earns like 10k a mth
mine was mercy johnson,she told me that hv won a BB and that i shld call her manager and tell him that am her relative (imagin that?).
She also told me to pay 9500 naira for courier.(of course i knw dat if she cn give a BB free,sending it to me wuld nt b that expensive for her)
I kindly angreed
went to my fb option,located unfriend and then clicked it
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Sirwilliamz(m): 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
I also got the same call few months ago. According to the scammer who claimed to be a police officer, he said my Cds and voter card was found at the spot of a ghastly motor accident involved an 18 seater hummer bus in kwara state. He asked about my condition in the hospital, i quickly rejected it. I was actually enjoying my self in my house in lagos and beside, my service year was 5 years ago with my voter card intact. He said i should call back for more info. I called to find out about the identity of victims of accident may be someone close to me was involved but he said the where about of other victims was yet to be known and their names but i should come and collect my IDs in ilorin. I asked for his name but he refused to tell me but promised to call if he get any info about other victims and since then has never çall me back.

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Ilekeh(f): 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
Sirwilliamz:
I also got the same call few months ago. According to the scammer who claimed to be a police officer, he said my Cds and voter card was found at the spot of a ghastly motor accident involved an 18 seater hummer bus in kwara state. he asked about my condition in the hospital, i quickly rejected it. I was actually enjoying my self in my house in lagos and beside, my service year was 5 years ago with my voter card intact. He said i should call back for more info. I called to find out about the identity of victims of accident may be someone close to me was involved but he said the where about of other victims was yet to be known and their names but i should come and collect my IDs in ilorin. I asked for his name but he refused to tell me but promised to call if he get any info about other victims and since then has never çall me back.

LMAOOOOOOOOOO grin
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by OLAplusONE(m): 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
Thebrightest:
So, its no longer blood of Jesus, its now blood of a lamb?
and who was referred to as the Lamb of God? Why nt go and sleep if u got notin sensible to contribute
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by binie: 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
bunmioguns:
naso one eediot tell me sey i don win 750000 for lacasera promo like say i play any game

embarassed embarassed

e come gimme one uselesss number say make i call the person

i just laugh

dem never see their mugun

mo sharp baje

grin grin

"OLASANMI" hahaha you a silly man.
This got me cracked up.

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by omega2128(m): 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
one idiot called and told me that he is calling from UK, and I should guess who he is, I told him name of my friend in US., he quickly answered yes. He gave me Uk number to call because he has sent goods to naija that i'll collect for him. He called me again next day, I tried to waste his call credit but he quickly end th call. Another one called recently with same story.
People are falling for this scammer by sending recharge cards to them
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Caracta(f): 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
I was called two weeks ago too and the caller kept shouting ACCIDENT ACCIDENT ACCIDENT YEEEEE SEE BLOOD. Told me my mum was involved and needed blood.

I knew it wasn't real because a friend of mine had a similar experience. Besides, I'm not the type that gets worked up over what has not been proven.

I simply told the guy to help me mop some blood at the accident scene.

3 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by charleff512(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
derrick333:
Hahahah jus same call ,I recivd ysdy,@1st I was scard , but leta I cald all my siblings n de were al fyn,oboy if u c d text filld wit courses way I send dis guy?
curses sir!
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by milky3(f): 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=SuperModerator post=28429913]Trying to dupe someone of just N400 credit?

Hard to believe[/quote
you had better believe it because that was the introduction stage, if someone eventually fall for that they will tell your to forward a certain money into their account to convey the victim to the hospital for urgent treatment...
@d OP, that was smart of you... cool[quote author=SuperModerator post=28429913]Trying to dupe someone of just N400 credit?

Hard to believe[/quote
you had better believe it because that was the introduction stage, if someone eventually fall for that they will tell your to forward a certain money into their account to convey the victim to the hospital for urgent treatment...
@d OP, that was smart of you...
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Tobetoe(m): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
They will neva get me .... Cos a guy cannot 'guy' a guyman like me
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by VellyG(m): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
I almost fell for it. They called me and told me the same story and I asked them what name was used to save my contact. And his reply was "My friend 1". I just dropped the call immediately ..
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by 9jatatafo(m): 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Got a text msg that I won 350,000 pounds as a nokia phone user. I called the number they instructed me to call, then I asked the so-called promo manager that I don't use a nokia, how come you claimed I won a nokia promo? Secondly how come in Nigeria my winnings is in pounds sterling and not in naira? The guy just monkey and I told him to wake up that he is a poor and hopeless soul then I cut the call.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Homguy(m): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
lawanson44:
If na Tiwa Savage wears boxers na im we go see for front page.
lmao
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Citytab1: 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
SuperModerator:
Trying to dupe someone of just N400 credit?

Hard to believe
N400 X 10people= N4000 per day. Not too bad for someone who is jobless.

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by ElziLaz(m): 11:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
My Mom was duped of #3000 mtn card. The man played on her ignorance
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by adedejisy: 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mine is different case but later leads to buying of coconut and sending money for etutu...its started like this as I received a call and the man just call my name and told me he is an old harberlist that someone reported me in their meeting and he was a closed friend of mine,but others herberlist are ready to deal with me but he later found out tht I'm innocent and that was why he was calling me..but I will have to call him back so that he can explain much better and I went to recharge my phone card and conclusively from the man is I have to buy coconut and use the water with other concontion he will prepare for me ,but I have to send money to him at ijebu igbo toi buy the material ...That was when I got to know its a scam and I just told him that the blood of Jesus is enough for me and I send his number to my pastor to report him and immediately he called him and warned him and he refuse to pick our number that he will go ahead and finish is assigment ,but for the glory of God I'm here sharing my Testimony with you that I'm ALIVE..Yeyecious Scammer

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by jikanbage: 12:03am On Nov 29, 2014
obainojazz:
.the thunder that will fire dose scammers resemble buhari janja weed
criminals
u don start ur idiotic comment abi
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by jikanbage: 12:05am On Nov 29, 2014
godoluwa:
abeg u no dey d direction. wetin concern GEJ wit dis? even sef u impregnate ur wife friend, u go talk sey na GEJ dey do u. abeg make we dey respect GEJ.
donno maybe they suspect him to be devil
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Superstar007(m): 12:17am On Nov 29, 2014
wisolf:
Experienced same recently and I simply told the scammer to tell the what particular name the supposed accident victim used 2 save my numbe..he was so dumbfounded.

Nice one cool
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Superstar007(m): 12:21am On Nov 29, 2014
CoolHunk:
Someone dubious called one of my cells today while I was in the studio. I frooze my DAW and answered the call in the deepest, darkest, creepiest military voice one could imagine...I still don't know why I spoke like that...the caller quickly apologised that he meant to call my wife...when did young me get married? LMAO...the scammer must've been scared to death.

lmao grin

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Superstar007(m): 12:30am On Nov 29, 2014
Caracta:
I was called two weeks ago too and the caller kept shouting ACCIDENT ACCIDENT ACCIDENT YEEEEE SEE BLOOD. Told me my mum was involved and needed blood.

I knew it wasn't real because a friend of mine had a similar experience. Besides, I'm not the type that gets worked up over what has not been proven.

I simply told the guy to help me mop some blood at the accident scene.

lmfao!! grin
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by peddyholly: 1:03am On Nov 29, 2014
it has fraudulent calls had been in existence for almost a year now, have received more than 3 of such calls from scammer frsc officers but me sef be 4110, no be Naija we dey? God punish dem
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Sagamite(m): 1:04am On Nov 29, 2014
spinna:
I received the 750000 la casera text like fifty times in a row .. i was afeard ...come see steady deleting

My office security fell for a Funke Akindele "giveback" scam on facebook...i told him if it was her she wouldn't be dashing strangers iphones and macbooks. he paid 7500 for "courier service" only to be asked to pay more as the items were in separate "packet "

he earns like 10k a mth

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigerian fuuktard! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Sagamite(m): 1:05am On Nov 29, 2014
hikmojj:
im alwayz their customer and im good in wasting their credits except 4 their stupid messages i cannot resist

The only smart responder to the scammers so far.

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by peddyholly: 1:06am On Nov 29, 2014
the fraudulent call package had been in existence for almost a year now, have received more than 3 of such calls from the self acclaimed frsc officers but me sef be 4110, no be Naija we dey? God punish them
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by peddyholly: 1:08am On Nov 29, 2014
Sagamite:

The only smart responder to the scammers so far.

Mr. man, are u from sagamu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Britain Who Stabbed Mum To Death Is Sentence To Life In Prison. / Danfo Conductor Strips To Fight A Lady Over Money In Lagos (video) / EFCC Arrests Facebook Hacker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.