Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? (59053 Views)

Pleaae Help!. I Need The Fastest Way To Get Over Heartbreak. / Is This The Fastest Way Ladies Use To Attract Men? (pic) / 15 Ways To Get Over Heartbreak Like Every Grown Up Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by angelak(f): 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2005
Hi all! what is the quickest way of getting over a heartbreak?
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by Latoya(f): 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2005
Dont think of it,just try to do a lot of fun things with your friends and family,be positive minded and before u know it everything will be off your heart.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by dennizman(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2005
My own way is to try to talk more frequently with people in various areas of discussion. Even your dislikes. It helps keep the thoughts far away for a while.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by uchetobi(f): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2005
music... good music... an antidote 4 a broken heart
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2005
Travel out of that area for awhile. You'll see, life this side now will be so new (different) that'll you'll have more to explore than thinking about the person.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by vexxy(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2005
I allow myself time to be sad for a little while.  I find that if I don't do that, find "closure," then it will remain in my thoughts for a long time.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by abuguy64(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2005
I guess there are no general rules about overcoming heart breaks. For me,just get busy doing a lot of different activities. BUT one thing not to do is to immediately start another relationship!

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by hotangel2(f): 3:41am On Sep 28, 2005
# Listen to lots of good music
# Always do something you love
# take away pictures/gifts of the person and keep them aside, where u won't find them (u can get them back when you are over the person)
# Talk to friends and be open minded about meeting someone else
# Don't you dare say to yourself, "he has ruined my life, he was my all in all".
# Watching romance movies durring that period is the fastest way to death
# Drink lots of orange juice cheesy
# Scream when you feel like arghhh!!
# Don't you dare call him.
# Please don't hate him... take the "i hate you, for what you've done to me" line away from your heart.

It's not easy to do those stuffs, But u gat to fight emotions sometimes. Awww.. good luck. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by angelak(f): 9:48am On Sep 28, 2005
hot-angel:

# Drink lots of orange juice cheesy

And i thought alcohol was the drink to take!
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by hotangel2(f): 3:54am On Sep 29, 2005
angela k:

And i thought alcohol was the drink to take!

nope! after getting high.. u'll come back down.. and your problem will still be there. But if you drink orange juice.. you aint gon get high...... and u would be able to solve problems. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2005
The best way to that is staying out of sight by travelling out, otherwise, you might run into thesame lane with the person. I wonder how you will feel then!!!
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by layi(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2005
Getting over heartbreak is a psychological issue.
The fastest way to get over it is to actually WANT to and KNOW that u Will get over it. Else all other efforts would be in futility.
Its a mind thing. Once this is setled, you then use the subsitution formular and get sum'n very interestin to occupy yourself with. Wit time u'll surely get over it (no matter how long it lasted). Remember friends too change. U can get over anybody if u want to.

Also note that its really not the best time to hook up because u may unconsciously hook up just to show him or her that you are still in-demand
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by adesodgi(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2005
spend lot of times with your friends,talk,drink and say insulting things about the other half,with she/he will seem disgursting to you from that moment on...
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by icingbaby(f): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2005
I have never had a heartbreak, but you can try this.
go shopping and make sure you put away any thing that remember you of him
and always remember thing that you don't like about him. go to the club and dance smiley
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by sweetnini(f): 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2005
the fastest way is to cry cry and cry smiley
well i dont know cos if u love the person so much there is no fastest way
just continue with life

1 Like

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by ldollier(f): 1:25am On Oct 31, 2005
get rid of all of d things he/she got for you... and party.. and eat.... and cry and listen to music.... just try to do things dat wont keep u idle....
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by Trooper(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2005
I tried that all. Nothing from her is left. No personal item at all and it just does not work. Not even chocolate shakes. It just takes time.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by effects8000(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2005
The fastest way to get over a heartbreak is by looking for a rebound girl or guy cool at least that
what i do. It would help you get over that low life looser that thinks he or she is somthing wink

1 Like

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by Trooper(m): 2:36am On Nov 08, 2005
Work, work, work.....and again. get rid of personal items, pictures etc. Get rid of them for ever otherwise you will catch yourself looking and his / her pictures once in a while. Forget this "special one" and move on.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by aloib(f): 5:18am On Nov 08, 2005
the best way to get over a heart break is to think of the negative sides of ur ex . l that wuld justify the reason why u aint just meant to be.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by lanikai: 10:27am On Nov 15, 2005
what if the heartache is caused by a best friend
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by lullaby(f): 12:28am On Nov 16, 2005
I've never had a heartbreak and I pray I never do. In the event that I do, I will make myself very busy by being involved in different projects (house, church, take classes, community service, etc). Apart from that, I would most definitely travel, maybe go on vacation to Australia or Japan...somewhere very far away and nice where my mind can take in new things.

Bottom line is I will try to prevent my mind from dwelling on my ex (u know how the mind is), do something I absolutely love(e.g travel) and I'm passionate about. Of course, this may not work for some people but I believe it will work for me.

The last thing I would do is get into another relationship immediately because that wouldnt help matters.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by snazzydawn(f): 11:21pm On Nov 26, 2005
The best way?cry ur eyes out,its normal,work out at the gym,go shopping(if you can afford it),reinvent yourself.Nothing do you.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by chillin(f): 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2005
the fastest way is surely d easiest way!!! juss jump in a lake!! it'll probably take less dan 3 seconds gettin in...itz not only d fastest but d easiest like i said!!.....
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by LMAO(f): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2005
The fastest way to get over heartbreak is to pray for time to pass quickly, time in itself is the greatest healer, also i agree with the people who advise that one should remember all the negativities of your ex, that works well also.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by chrisd(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2005
Watching romance movies durring that period is the fastest way to death
I agree with that one
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by nana(f): 1:25am On Jan 03, 2006
Bless that person and move on with life.No amount of drinking will subdue the heartbreak.Instead,it will add more to ya prob.
Infact,just look 4 a way to delete that person from ya memory.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by mizkay(f): 1:41am On Jan 03, 2006
Listen girl,the fastest way.....if ever there was one, I'll advice you to dash out right now to your nearest bookstore and get every single girl's BIBLE to emotional heartbreak/stability/strenght/resonance! It's called He's just not that into you by a fantastic guy - Greg Behrendt. And if you're like me, you'll top that bibliotherapy up with a mouth-watering-calorie-refilling (after crying all those tears) box of chocolates. And if you still can't get over it with the strenght of your own mind, get a good bottle of chilled wine and let your subconscious do the job. heck! the guy was JUST NOT INTO YOU! get it? so get off the couch, put the hankees away and girl STOP WASTING THE PRETTY......you're sooooooo worth it! Unfortunately HE just didnt know it!
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by Rolly: 7:52am On Jan 03, 2006
i believe that crying is just the first step. when u cry, u are letting off some steam. after crying, come to ur senses and decide what to do.

but most importantly, listen to[b] a lot [/b] of good music

cool
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by babo(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2006
what i think i s best is to get into a relationship fast ..thats if ur thinking ov not thinking bout da heart break..so dis time u wld b botherd about what 2 do and what 2 wear 4 dis new guy not necesarily both close to dat the most important thing is u hav ur mind occupied...but dont go looking 4 love in the wrong places o
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by IB7(f): 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2006
[b]Gezz guys.....  this is the advice I have been waiting for.   But didn't know how to ask the question.   Thx angela_k.   I definitely will take into account everything you guys have stated.  Except talking to friends because I ain't got none....  looking for good positive friends with goals in life.  I am so depress at the moment and the only way I try to get over my heartbreak is spend more time on this forum which really doesn't help because most nites am up crying my eyes out.  And keep in mind, I was the one who initiated the separtion. {cheating non-stop, too many apologizes, too much drama}.

Am thinking about travelling too.  Where are the best places to visit?  Gezz, I'll visit you if you like......  I just gotta get out of here besides work and school is the 2 things that keeps me & my mind occupied most of the time. On x-mas eve & new's eve, my boss had to begged me to go home cuz I didn't wanna.  If y'all have any good people around here please ask 'em to call and chill with me.....

Thx a bunch guys.
IB[/b]
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by hadesanjo(m): 1:54am On Jan 05, 2006
Rolly:

i believe that crying is just the first step. when u cry, u are letting off some steam. after crying, come to your senses and decide what to do.

but most importantly, listen to[b] a lot [/b] of good music

cool
that is emotional catharsis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Sex Till Marriage: 4 Major Challenges / Email Exchange Between Sugabelly And Mustapha Audu / What Will Be Your Reply If Your Ex Text You This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.