Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Flying Cars Is Finally Out - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flying Cars Is Finally Out (3204 Views)

The Move To Increase Import Taxes On Tokunbo Cars Is Injustice To The Poor / Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running! / Flying Cars: Alternative To Traffic Jams, Flight Delays? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
If it can take-off vertically, then I might just get this.
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
TomSowell25:
it takes about 100 meters to take off compared to 1800 meters for airport runways .
Vertical Take-off like Helicopter will be a major appeal. I still dont know how I am going drive it Epe road before I can take-off and fly back many miles before I get to VI.
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by eunisam: 11:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
how much?
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
let the accidents commence undecided undecided undecided
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by Mrfils(m): 12:25am On Nov 26, 2014
Ok.

Patiently waiting for the chinco version tongue
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by Chylo(m): 4:51am On Nov 26, 2014
Hahaha, to all you people who are saying amma get this, amma get that, I just dey laff una. All flying vehicles can only be operated by licensed pilots. So if you want to buy one and fly it yourself, you would need to go to pilot school and get licensed and that is neither easy nor straightforward. The alternative, of course, is to hire your own personal pilot grin grin
Just pray Danbaba Suntai doesnt happen to you cool
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by tomiobj(m): 5:48am On Nov 26, 2014
You said finally out op
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by Holywizard: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2014
Liamm:
lwkmd
am not lying jor
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by Chicheey: 8:13am On Nov 26, 2014
Nice one!
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by mekadinho(f): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
I will buy ds "motorplane", anyday I scratch someone's car I ll do air things, make d person find me come air make we negotiate.
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by SamIkenna: 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
The design seems like a nice way to die for folks who think every piece of technology from the West is Godsend.

I guess one can say the design is good for school projects as well as enthusiasts. It's this kind of design that gets the attention Richard Branson. But other than attention and display of great engineering skill, no investor will put a significant green-back on such venture. In fact investors learnt bitter lessons during the 30s through 50s when auto and aeronautic engineers worked day and night to bring about flying cars.

Let's not get it twisted, cars can fly. In fact there isn't much difference between a car and an aircraft - if you want your car to fly or your private jet to drive on Ojuelegba 's asphalt, I bet some guy from LASU or FUTO might have solutions for you - You don't need to look for Elon Musk. The issue is what happens after the car or jet zooms off. Will the car stall in mid air? Is it aerodynamic enough? Can it muster enough thrust and lift? At what altitude will it operate, and does it have good avionics to enable it overcome dangers posed by 1 dollar laser beams that kids point to the sky every now and then? Or should we do a knock down on the avionics and perhaps rely on the visual acuity of the pilot to fly the machine just like folks did with early WW2 spitfires? And if that's the case how much hard-landings, crashes, and fatalities would be acceptable?

And we haven't even decided on God-knows-what gas guzzling engine to put on the da*mn thing - is it gonna be jet engine, internal combustion, or Stirling?

My guess is that perhaps only govts in Eastern Europe and developing countries would allow such piece of machinery fly over people's homes. No sane man would let a car fly over his head unless he's an ISIS militant. I suggest the designers put a label reading "Ride and Die Machine" on it should they decide to sell to the public.
Re: Flying Cars Is Finally Out by omenka(m): 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
How much dem dey sell fresh Cotonou??

Make I do contact InspiredM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria presidential election now available for betting (pictures) / Diezani Alison-Madueke Arrested For Bribery-Related Offence In London / Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.