Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan (1701 Views)

Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Goodluck Ebele Jonathan / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps / Nba Urges National Assembly To Impeach Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Dotng: 8:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
Senators initiate move to impeach Jonathan

Some Peoples Democratic Party’s senators on Monday started impeachment moves against President Goodluck Jonathan over what they described as the high level of impunity and corruption allegedly being condoned by his administration.

Investigations by our correspondent revealed that the PDP senators had started compiling impeachable offences against the President.

An All Progressives Congress member of the Senate, who confided the development in our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, explained that his aggrieved PDP colleagues in the upper chamber had started reaching out to the opposition senators.

He said, “I was personally consulted this evening over the issue and I also cross-checked from my colleagues who also told me that they had been contacted.

“The grouse of the lawmakers, according to the person that contacted me, was that Jonathan’s handling of the last week Thursday’s invasion of the National Assembly by the police was carelessly handled by the Jonathan administration.

“From the look of things, the proceedings will start on Tuesday because some signatures had been collected already.”

Another senator from the PDP, who also craved anonymity, also confirmed the development to our correspondent stating that it was certain that the President was not capable of superintending over a free and fair election in 2015.

He said, “Our President is not in charge. We have seen that he had allowed the governors to hijack powers from him. He is just like a puppet and the earlier we act fast, the better for us.”

Meanwhile, opposition members in the Senate have threatened to raise the issue of the last Thursday’s invasion of the National Assembly by the security operatives, when the Senate resumes plenary today (Tuesday).

The spokesperson for the group, who is also the member representing Ekiti Central on the platform of the APC, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, gave the hint in a telephone interview with our correspondent in Abuja.

Ojudu said his colleagues were very annoyed with the ways they were maltreated and molested by the policemen, who were deployed in the National Assembly on the orders of the Inspector – General of Police.

He said majority of his members were of the opinion that the IGP should not be allowed to enter into the chambers, but should be asked to resign for allegedly ridiculing the federal lawmakers who had done nothing wrong other than going to carry out their lawful legislative activities.

He said, “We (APC Senators) are holding a crucial meeting this (Monday) night to take a final decision on the matter because majority of us are really angry. Some are even of the opinion that we should demand the resignation or sacking of the IGP.

“I can assure you that the issue of the National Assembly invasion by the police would be raised when we resume sitting tomorrow (Tuesday ), but we are going to take a single position on the matter at our meeting tonight,” he added.

However, the Chairman, Senate Committee on Information, Media and Public Affairs, Senator Eyinnaya Abaribe, had in an interview with our correspondent, on Saturday, maintained that the Senate would not be thrown into any chaotic situation over the Thursday’s invasion of the National Assembly complex by security operatives.

He had admitted that the IGP would appear before the Senate but assured the public that the matter would be handled with maturity.

He had said, “The Senate will discuss the invasion of the National Assembly by security operatives when it reconvenes on Tuesday. Already we have invited the Inspector – General of Police to find out who gave the order for the harassment of federal lawmakers last Thursday.

“So, I do not anticipate any form of stormy session during our sitting next Tuesday. I can assure you that the Senate is made up of gentlemen and women who are very senior citizens of the Nigerian society.

“Therefore, you cannot expect the Senate to act, except in a decorous manner.”

Abaribe also said that the Senate would still go ahead with deliberations on the emergency rule in the three north-eastern states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe contrary to insinuations that the matter had ended since the period of emergency had lapsed.

He said, “We had invited the service chiefs and we will find out from them, the update on the insurgency situation in the north-eastern states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe so that we can address the issue of the state of emergency requested by President Goodluck Jonathan.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/senators-initiate-move-to-impeach-jonathan/
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by waternogetemeny: 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
Those Abo.ki want to impeach themselves from the senate abi... we are monitoring. cool
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Toktee(m): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
waternogetemeny:
Those Aboki want to impeach themselves from the senate abi... we are monitoring. cool
You are pathetic,iam note even sure wether you read b4 comenting.
And yes,if the north want jonathan to go,it will happen cos they are in control of both chambers.,but 4 ur info,it was nt only northerners that were attacked,so go get a life.

1 Like

Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by waternogetemeny: 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
Toktee:
You are pathetic,iam note even sure wether you read b4 comenting.
And yes,if the north want jonathan to go,it will happen cos they are in control of both chambers.,but 4 ur info,it was nt only northerners that were attacked,so go get a life.

Don't talk to me like i give a flying fuc.k about your opinions. If the Abo.kis want to impeach themselves from the senate then they are going the right way about it.

GEJ will be there till 2019
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Toktee(m): 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
waternogetemeny:

Don't talk to me like i give a flying fuc.k about your opinions. If the Abo.kis want to impeach themselves from the senate then they are going the right way about it.

GEJ will be there till 2019
AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT,OPINION IS LIKE AZZHOLE EVERYBODY HAS ONE,THAT WAS YOUR OWN.
He will be president of ijaw nation.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by waternogetemeny: 9:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
Toktee:
AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT,OPINION IS LIKE AZZHOLE EVERYBODY HAS ONE,THAT WAS YOUR OWN.

Omo.... see me see trouble O! Dem take President do juju for Abokis ni? The President is the choice of the people and they voted massively for GEJ and he remains the president till tomorrow and 2019.

Kindly join the suicide crew, if u dont like it.
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
waternogetemeny:

Omo.... see me see trouble O! Dem take President do juju for Abokis ni? The President is the choice of the people and they voted massively for GEJ and he remains the president till tomorrow and 2019.

Kindly join the suicide crew, if u dont like it.
But now they say they don't want him anymore so what's the problem. I'd like to see how only Ibos will vote in jonathan
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by KanwuliaJara: 9:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
Dem nor dey ever pass this 'initiation' phase?
Abi how many GHANA MUST GO bags dem wan negotiate this time around? undecided
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by waternogetemeny: 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
But now they say they don't want him anymore so what's the problem. I'd like to see how only Ibos will vote in jonathan
Simply put this conversation is retarded and dry... Until the sky tumble and fall, GEJ remains your President and 2019 Ndiigbo take over. #

Thereafter the North and then the west. A Northerner anywhere near the Presidency before GEJ tenure is up will cause millions to die in the North and Southwest. Most certainly the North.

Northern Presidency right now will not work, it will not be accepted. The oil will stop and our economy will crash, with both religious and ethnic wars combined.

Nigeria will be broken by US and Allies never to be united ever.
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by sojjy: 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
waternogetemeny:

Simply put this conversation is retarded and dry... Until the sky tumble and fall, GEJ remains your President and 2019 Ndiigbo take over. #

Thereafter the North and then the west. A Northerner anywhere near the Presidency before GEJ tenure is up will cause millions to die in the North and Southwest. Most certainly the North.

Northern Presidency right now will not work, it will not be accepted. The oil will stop and our economy will crash, with both religious and ethnic wars combined.

Nigeria will be broken by US and Allies never to be united ever.

What makes you think Northerner should not occupy the office of the President now even when the best is presented as against JONA? Are Northerners not entitle to that office now just because GEJ is from your village? Do we all have to follow GEJ whom performance is below average? Nigeria deserved a better leader than GEJ. CHANGE IS INEVITABLE.
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lol
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by waternogetemeny: 10:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
sojjy:

What makes you think Northerner should not occupy the office of the President now even when the best is presented as against JONA? Are Northerners not entitle to that office now just because GEJ is from your village? Do we all have to follow GEJ whom performance is below average? Nigeria deserved a better leader than GEJ. CHANGE IS INEVITABLE.

U talk from ur anus, just listen to yourself? Are Abo.kis the only ones in Nigeria? Wat do you contribute or is it just take, take and take with you parasites?

GEJ is the best President and when u stop behaving like the people of the Middle east with suicide bombs, u will see the benefit of positive leadership as is being experienced by the almajiri neglected by past Northern leaders and now constitute the rank and file of boko haram.

Other examples are the Port Harcourt to Maiduguri railway line, unable to be completed to maiduguri becos of Northern rein of terror. Until Northeeners sort themselves out no Presidency.

GEJ TILL 2019.
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
Deceit of the highest order....only one ghana must go bag will settle the scores. The $20b was kept for something like dis na.
Abeg Van persie do dem shoki joor

1 Like

Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Toktee(m): 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
waternogetemeny:

U talk from ur anus, just listen to yourself? Are Abo.kis the only ones in Nigeria? Wat do you contribute or is it just take, take and take with you parasites?

GEJ is the best President and when u stop behaving like the people of the Middle east with suicide bombs, u will see the benefit of positive leadership as is being experienced by the almajiri neglected by past Northern leaders and now constitute the rank and file of boko haram.

Other examples are the Port Harcourt to Maiduguri railway line, unable to be completed to maiduguri becos of Northern rein of terror. Until Northeeners sort themselves out no Presidency.

GEJ TILL 2019.
Parasites as you called them,their states are more developed than urs,what have jonathan done,chose a state in the south and mention the dividents of democracy let evryone see,failure to do that,i will like u to take a back seat,we dnt need ogogoro man like jonathan to rule us,we will manage him till nxt year.
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by waternogetemeny: 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
Toktee:
Parasites as you called them,their states are more developed than urs,what have jonathan done,chose a state in the south and mention the dividents of democracy let evryone see,failure to do that,i will like u to take a back seat,we dnt need ogogoro man like jonathan to rule us,we will manage him till nxt year.

Nigeria moved from obscurity to the richest country in Africa under GEJ watch. We have a functioning railway system from southernline to western and north western line and eastern to north eastern line under GEJ watch.

We have Riverports, Airports with second terminals under construction and a better road network under GEJ watch. The agriculture sector is booming and Nigeria is africa fastest industrialising country, all under GEJ watch. I advice you and your APC internet gang to take a back seat and enjoy the fresh air or join the suicide crew.
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Jenkizo: 3:19am On Nov 26, 2014
waternogetemeny:

GEJ TILL 2019.
A very childish comment. Even Jonathan himself is aware of tht the North can remove him anytime anyday if they so desire
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by wallex1983(m): 6:46am On Nov 26, 2014
It may be easier to remove Jonathan by vote than by impeachment
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by disloman(m): 7:44am On Nov 26, 2014
SMH
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 26, 2014
Toktee:
Otuoke president he shall finally become.
Re: Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan by Toktee(m): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2014
waternogetemeny:

Nigeria moved from obscurity to the richest country in Africa under GEJ watch. We have a functioning railway system from southernline to western and north western line and eastern to north eastern line under GEJ watch.

We have Riverports, Airports with second terminals under construction and a better road network under GEJ watch. The agriculture sector is booming and Nigeria is africa fastest industrialising country, all under GEJ watch. I advice you and your APC internet gang to take a back seat and enjoy the fresh air or join the suicide crew.
this guy is funy,where is railway,oh you mean those colonial trains,let me tell you,what you see there today has been there since 99,one train frm lagos to kaduna thats all,as for the seaport,the dredging of river niger to baro stop the very day umara musa yaradua died,economy is growing and nigeria as a fastest growing economy in africa,i agree with you,it is on the pages of newspapers,security is zero,rooting is legalised,kiddnaping is also legalised and supervised by the likes tampolo and asari dokubo etc,just wait and see how we will reward jonathan nxt year for a job welldone.

(1) (Reply)

Urinating In Public Should Be marked Out As A Crime In Nigeria / Shocker! Ararume Clinches Imo PDP Ticket. / Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.