Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238295 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by walexy001: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2016
Good morning all the ogas in the house its been a long time but im happy that atlast i followed the tutorial here and i can now say im improving cos my cucumber came out fine just that i dont know when to harvest but i now know what they want in my area . so sir can i plant cucumber now

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Reuben2012(m): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hello nlander's. Which watermelon seed is best for planting. Technisem seed kaolack or pop vriend seed kaolack.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by walexy001: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
oga jasper pls sir can i plant cucumber now and can i intercrop with the cucumber sir
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jephito(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
walexy001:
oga jasper pls sir can i plant cucumber now and can i intercrop with the cucumber sir
Yes you can plant now provided you have irrigation plan cos the rain this year is hard to forecast.

If you will not trellis your cucumbers, you can intercrop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Reuben2012(m): 7:35am On Aug 07, 2016
Reuben2012:
Hello nlander's. Which watermelon seed is best for planting. Technisem seed kaolack or pop vriend seed kaolack.
oga jasper. please sir, your advice is needed. Thank you sir.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by REUBEN010(m): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2016
Reuben2012:
oga jasper. please sir, your advice is needed. Thank you sir.
Finally, I'm meeting my namesake for the first time on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by stanlomite: 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
I need to try this.....what variety is better and what pesticide will I be needing
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Dadanoah(m): 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
walexy001:
someone said if i use stake for cucumber it wil nt produce,pls is it true?

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jephito(m): 1:00am On Aug 12, 2016
Dadanoah:
someone said if i use stake for cucumber it wil nt produce,pls is it true?
If you mean to ask if staking your will not make it produce well, it is not true.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by emtol: 5:51am On Aug 12, 2016
A big thanks to Mr Jasper7 and other farmers in here, God bless u all. I know Nigeria is gonna Rise again. After keenly go through this cucumber thread, I'm very proud to be a farmer and eager to venture into Cucumber farming. The main problem i'm having now is how to secure a hybrid seed that can give a wonderful experience in the business, time to cultivate the crop, fertilizers to use. Pls, teachers in the house, I need ur help. Pls, help a soul. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by lanre2009: 8:18am On Aug 12, 2016
For your seeds talk, to Soloxam on 08098256685

emtol:
A big thanks to Mr Jasper7 and other farmers in here, God bless u all. I know Nigeria is gonna Rise again. After keenly go through this cucumber thread, I'm very proud to be a farmer and eager to venture into Cucumber farming. The main problem i'm having now is how to secure a hybrid seed that can give a wonderful experience in the business, time to cultivate the crop, fertilizers to use. Pls, teachers in the house, I need ur help. Pls, help a soul. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by afifidee: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
Please any idea where I can get plastic nursery trays, I need them urgently. Thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by treasure247(f): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
[quote author=Bhurlagy post=28350616][/quote]
Thanks so much for the info, you talked about the SEED, how do we recognise a good seed, and where do we buy, currently i have two acres in Ogun state and will need your help, though not physical since you can't leave you farm, but i will appreciate if you can send your number to my email address taiwosola96@gmail.com
Thanks
God bless you
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Abdullahi4u7(m): 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
I was late to have started reading this just three days ago, a topic that have emerged since 2014. But notwithstanding, I still gained a lot. Mr Jasper, more power to your elbow. To other farmers that have contributed to this topic in one way or the other, I say thank you. I noticed the disappearance of Mr Jasper along the line, please come back. You've motivated many of us, most especially those of us who are very interested in agriculture and are willing to venture into agribusiness. Keep the good work going.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by atanda2001uk(m): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
what is happening on this tread? Everybody silent since three weeks ago? Op are there no updates?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 1:29am On Sep 14, 2016
bro Jasper. i need serious mentoring on this cumcumber biz o!
Nwanne, don't know if you still visit this tread?.
if you do, opusunjuas@gmail.com...... is my email. i don't mind coming down to the east.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 1:36am On Sep 14, 2016
am having pest issues o!.. aside from the ones eating the leaves and the leaves having deformed shapes. something seems to be eating/sucking the cucumber from its roots. please i need advice on remedy. you guys have been a blessing so far.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 1:38am On Sep 14, 2016
lanre2009:
For your seeds talk, to Soloxam on 08098256685

please where is the vendor of the seeds located. which state and what kind of cucumber seeds does he have?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 1:46am On Sep 14, 2016
ini4brandon:
after months understudying this and other similar threads, I decided to give it a try on 17th june.... 60 sacks, 8 days apart... but I have two problems,
first, an unknown pest is chewing off the stems of my young cukes, two some leaves are looking shrivelled. Pls. any ideas? I tried pesticides it's not working. I'd be grateful for any helpful advice. Thanks.
i have similar issues with stem eating pests. have not applied pesticides. cos i dnt know which pesticides that is used or good for cucumber. but am suspecting they are worms from manure.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by lanre2009: 2:48am On Sep 14, 2016
He's based in Ibadan, Oyo state. Kindly call him to find out his present stock of seeds. Thanks

samuelshine99:
please where is the vendor of the seeds located. which state and what kind of cucumber seeds does he have?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 2:49am On Sep 14, 2016
jasper7:
had fun in phollar's farm. Promised myself I'll visit at least 50 farms in Nigeria this year, 9 down, 41 to go.
i am having serious challenges applying this black polythene. please can you direct me?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
lanre2009:
He's based in Ibadan, Oyo state. Kindly call him to find out his present stock of seeds. Thanks

thanks alot sir. i appreciate. was praying he do have outlets in rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 12:11am On Sep 15, 2016
jasper7:

also watch out for lizards, just to verify the pests that are disturbing you. Lizards dey chop new seedlings wella o. Strange, but true. narrow down the pest type, before you spray. so that you know what pesticide to use. and don't spray directly on the plants. just spray on it's environs for now. till at least 2weeks old. cheers
please Jasper. can you or anyone suggest a reliable pest control chemical to use in a cucumber farm . biko i need names and any other info. tnks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by lanre2009: 3:07am On Sep 15, 2016
Try to call him, he may be able to waybill the seeds to you or refer you to a place closer to you. Cheers

samuelshine99:
thanks alot sir. i appreciate. was praying he do have outlets in rivers state.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by dyydxx: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2016
How profitable is this cucumber? If i invest 1million naira what would I gain? Can someone please break down the profitability of this business
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by lobell: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
dyydxx:
How profitable is this cucumber? If i invest 1million naira what would I gain? Can someone please break down the profitability of this business

if you invest 1million and go and sleep, you will lose all your money.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
dyydxx:
.. i am very new to it and i can assure you. what you need most is passion for it. even 2million naira without passion will do u no gud.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
lanre2009:
Try to call him, he may be able to waybill the seeds to you or refer you to a place closer to you. Cheers

thanks once more.... you just made my day.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by dode1: 5:47am On Sep 16, 2016
Question Sir, What seed produces 1ton, 500kg n 200kg according to ur post?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Darhniell(m): 8:07am On Sep 17, 2016
wow! just went through the entire thread Jasper this is really informative.. thanks alot. i do have a question thou, please can you tell me what the spacing of your plant is and also the spacing for the partway thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.