Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238653 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Ned4delux(m): 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
jasper7:
The 7 decisive factors in successful farming of cucumber. (Most of these rules apply to farming in general).

1. The most important factor is the SEED you are planting.
Is it a local or a foreign seed?
Is it an open or a closed seed?
Is it a hybrid or General seed?
These and more are the things you find out before ever purchasing seed for planting. Some seeds can produce 1tonne of cucumber per hectare each harvest, others can produce 500kg, 200kg, even as low as 50kg. And some can produce up to 2-3 tonnes. Under the same agricultural conditions. (A kG of cucumber sells for minimum of N150 in wholesale).
Another role the kind of seed can play is in deciding how long you can harvest. Some 3-5 times some 5-10times while a select few can go 15-20 times before they wither. (Other factors contribute to how long harvest lasts)

So, you can see that the type of seed used is a very very vital factor

I really appreciate your cheerful share of knowledge in the business. With regards to the BOLDED above, I will really appreciate if you can help me with getting such wonderful specie of Seed for planting. I reside in ogun state and presently planning on diving into the business, even if i have to start with one Acre.
Again, considering my location, i will like to know the next planting duration even duo the raining season is going gradually.
Lastly, i already have over a hectare of land ready for water melon planting, i will like to know if in can mix-crop both of them (water melon and cucumber) Thanks!
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Itydee(m): 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
What time of the year is best time or a good time to plant cucumber?
Can I plant in October in Eket?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by eaguys(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2015
Good day sir. Need ur number so i cud reach u on how to purchase d seed
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by eaguys(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2015
And sir plz dis my number 07064416894.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by eaguys(m): 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
Mr Jasper u re doing a wonderful job hia coz
I cud admire some people for their brilliance and I respect others for their strength. But I am indebted to those who can rekindle my spirit...you spur the giant in me to action..thank you sir and ever1 "OLUWA is ur strength"
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by chiomilisa(f): 6:01am On Oct 07, 2015
I need the real cucumber seed that can cover a plot of land
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Itydee(m): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
What month is the right month to plant cucumber in South South Nigeria Especially Akwa Ibom State?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Jewesun: 11:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
I panted Tokyo F1 August 17 following your advice on this page By Oct 4th (which is 47 days after planting) I did the first harvest. Thanks so much. Please I would like to know what the the average cucumber price as at this period. Just average. I will appreciate you respond. Thanks once a gain Jasper and Sam.

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Jewesun: 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ops. wrong pics. I actually inter cropped with okra as it is my first time.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Sholaystar4me(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thank you Mr jasper. You have really opened our eyes explicitly on curcurbits farming. From cultivation to marketing strategy. We really appreciate.

"Nobody can blame you if u were born broke, but if you die broke then its your fault"
Bill Gates

Mr jasper has done his part.

The rest is now left to us.

LETS GO GREEN

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by natnudo1672: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Pls can it b plant any where?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by MAAF: 10:27am On Nov 09, 2015
Hi
How many 25kg bags of cucumber can one harvest from a 1 acre.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sessypgm(m): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
please where can i get THAILAND CUCUMBER SEED?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by calix1(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hello oga jasper. Thumps up 4dis educative thread. I love frmin most especially vegetables. As a final year student of B. Agric(plant breeding and seed ski.) $ considering the fact that my under graduate project was on cucumber i want to venture big time into its production.
I tried it in august on half a ha. of land bt was not successful. The seeds i got from jos failed to germinate, i had a very poor establishment and the most frustrating on was the dead of all d ones that emerge due to fertilizer application.
I bcame disapointed bt neva lost hope and started researching to get info on how to succeed in the buzinx n i discovered ur post. Pls sir, I'm 4rm Benue state and I don't know how to get d good varieties u use to start my farm here in makurdi. How i wish u will b my consultantm, I wil b glad if I get ur contact to explain things to u.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by vicatrix(m): 2:50am On Jan 06, 2016
Please who has JASPER PHONE CONTACT a friend of mine needs his help Asap. Also can BBM @: 7A57C6CA
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by martyns200(m): 3:08am On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Damiewonder(f): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
Pls..... Will waterlogged land be good for cucumber cultivation
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Molayan: 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
jasper7:
This wahala of labour is a big deal o. For intending farmers, don't take it lightly.
One would believe that if you flash 20k a month (which is above minimum wage) to a hungry, Jobless Nigerian, he/she woulf be ready to work. But it's a lie.
I'll therefore suggest that you start small and build up your labour force gradually with trusted, hardworking personnel.

Right now, my 1 hectare has 10 workers. 8 corpers and 2 permanent staff. I add 10k ontop the allowee for the corpers while my 2 resident staff collect 25k a month. I still hire manual labour for the rigorous work tho. So labour dey chop at least 200k a month.
What abt the yearly pay workers (I mean the calabar/Northern labourer as called in yorubaland). The labourer are always pay at the end of d year, like 110k for the year. Is dis method too advisable
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
Molayan:

What abt the yearly pay workers (I mean the calabar/Northern labourer as called in yorubaland). The labourer are always pay at the end of d year, like 110k for the year. Is dis method too advisable
If you can get them... Those ones are good.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
Damiewonder:
Pls..... Will waterlogged land be good for cucumber cultivation
What kind of waterlogged?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Daddydavid(m): 5:56am On Jan 30, 2016
I just came across this trend fell in love with it , copied almost every contact and facts, bought baco bags and soil but no seeds, i live in asaba, and would greatly be blessed if you help me with seeds@jasper. Love u man for ur motivation and faith in people. God bless u
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Daddydavid(m): 5:56am On Jan 30, 2016
I just came across this trend fell in love with it , copied almost every contact and facts, bought baco bags and soil but no seeds, i live in asaba, and would greatly be blessed if you help me with seeds@jasper. Love u man for ur motivation and faith in people. God bless u my number is 08066572165:
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by bizza45: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2016
Your no plz am facing challenges here jasper
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Benbros: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Can anyone send me 100grams of Murano 2F1 seedlings in Yenagoa the Bayelsa state capital? I need to purchase them urgently for my trial farm. You can email me at sirbenosky@gmail.com. Thanks and Godbless.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by restored2016(m): 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=jasper7 post=28370966]Okay, I just met with representatives of a farm technology company in Thailand. And they said they can solve my current irrigation problems by supplying me a GUN SPRINKLER. A sprinkle water like rain with a 45metre radius. That is an impressive one, considering it will cover one hectare in 30mins.

It's supposed to work hand in hand with my hydraflo machine. This machine is a beast. It can fill up a geepee tank in 30 seconds. An average sumo pump releases 50 psi at a go. This beast can go up to 2000 psi at a go. That is 40 times an average sumo pump. I havr not been able to use it because the pressure at which it releases water can cause erosion and even leaching if not checked.

Please does anybody knows any other machine or mechanism that can be used for irrigation in my farm? Thanks . I would like to know the name of this machine, what's its purpose? How much it cost?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by restored2016(m): 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
[left][/left][quote author=jasper7 post=28370966]Okay, I just met with representatives of a farm technology company in Thailand. And they said they can solve my current irrigation problems by supplying me a GUN SPRINKLER. A sprinkle water like rain with a 45metre radius. That is an impressive one, considering it will cover one hectare in 30mins.

It's supposed to work hand in hand with my hydraflo machine. This machine is a beast. It can fill up a geepee tank in 30 seconds. An average sumo pump releases 50 psi at a go. This beast can go up to 2000 psi at a go. That is 40 times an average sumo pump. I havr not been able to use it because the pressure at which it releases water can cause erosion and even leaching if not checked.

Please does anybody knows any other machine or mechanism that can be used for irrigation in my farm? Thanks . I would like to know the name of this machine, what's its purpose? How much it cost?[quote author=jasper7 post=28370966]Okay, I just met with representatives of a farm technology company in Thailand. And they said they can solve my current irrigation problems by supplying me a GUN SPRINKLER. A sprinkle water like rain with a 45metre radius. That is an impressive one, considering it will cover one hectare in 30mins.

Please does anybody knows any other machine or mechanism that can be used for irrigation in my farm? Thanks . I would like to know the name of this machine, what's its purpose? How much it cost?
[quote author=jasper7 post=28370966]Okay, I just met with representatives of a farm technology company in Thailand. And they said they can solve my current irrigation problems by supplying me a GUN SPRINKLER. A sprinkle water like rain with a 45metre radius. That is an impressive one, considering it will cover one hectare in 30mins.

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by restored2016(m): 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
Am new here! I have been following nairaland for over two years now but this tread made me join in full. Love this so much. The machine u called a beast in one of ur photo, what's its name & purpose? And how much does it cost?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by moyin2009: 12:38am On Feb 06, 2016
Oga Jasper7, Pavore9, soloxam and others that has contributd to this thread, you are wonderful n I celebrate you all God will pour on you grace and love for this generation the more and you will all sing your songs in Jesus name.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Delgi(m): 2:15am On Feb 06, 2016
jasper7:

I use plastic nursery trays. Ill find one around my house and show to you
Jasper, the trays have finally arrived o. www.nairaland.com/2915692/nursery-seedling-trays-available-ibadan

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Benbros: 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
I need a farmer who can supply me 30BAGS of healthy, desease free cucumber fruits in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. The variety should be those with the white stripes. It is urgent. You can email me on sirbenosky@gmail.com.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Liadi2(m): 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Pls where can I purchase cucumber seed in ibadan and wic one is d best to purchase, more so i need more enlightenment on sack farming, let learn that d manure must must be left for almost 3 month before usage is it true or not sir pls i need your reply my boss in the house.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
Liadi2:
Pls where can I purchase cucumber seed in ibadan and wic one is d best to purchase, more so i need more enlightenment on sack farming, let learn that d manure must must be left for almost 3 month before usage is it true or not sir pls i need your reply my boss in the house.
3 months? Pls, I need to hear from the person who told you. Maybe the person has his reasons

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.