Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,261 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? (6974 Views)

Lists Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria, Which One Is Yours? / Nigerian Tribes And Their States / Why Aren't There Any Successful Black Nations In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lol @ this fooool acting like he knows european history but dont know the diff. between mixing and extinction. grin
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
/ Why Weren't/aren't There Any nd / General / Culture / Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? (876 Views)

#teamJAMO cheesy
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
*Kails*:
Lol @ this fooool acting like he knows european history but dont know the diff. between mixing and extinction. grin

you stup.id woman. go learn history! i know you akatas dont read books and only watch p.ornographic material, but that doesnt mean you come online here and make a clown of yourself!

if you know so much , can you please enlighten us as to where are the Saxon, Angles, Gauls, Vsigoth, etc., tribes? where is their ethnic identity , separate tribal culture, trad. religion, dance, music, etc. you know so much, yes??! MUMU! angry
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you stup.id woman. go learn history! i know you akatas dont read books and only watch p.ornographic material, but that doesnt mean you come online here and make a clown of yourself!

if you know so much , can you please enlighten us as to where are the Saxon, Angles, Gauls, Vsigoth, etc., tribes? where is their ethnic identity , separate tribal culture, trad. religion, dance, music, etc. you know so much, yes??! MUMU! angry

Surely you are joking. A typical bush monkey to ask me about western european tribes. Lol Textbook type ish. ARE THESE THE ONLY EURO TRIBES YOU KNOW OF? GEEEZE!

All of these tribes are and were concentrated in western europe. The angles and saxons being germanic in origin and the visogoths being central western european (mostly found in present day france; a celtic sub group).

They were all nomadic with the angle-saxons being the most notorious for raids, brutality and constant quest for conquering. The gauls were also war like but were constantly attacked and have a history of being conquered by invaders as they were not always united.

If you want an essay of their culture you will have to wait until i get off of work....you know some of us do have jobs. You can swing from tree to tree and entertain yourself till i get back. Wont be too long. smiley
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
*Kails*:

Surely you are joking. A typical bush monkey to ask me about western european tribes. Lol Textbook type ish. ARE THESE THE ONLY EURO TRIBES YOU KNOW OF? GEEEZE!

All of these tribes are and were concentrated in western europe. The angles and saxons being germanic in origin and the visogoths being central western european (mostly found in present day france; a celtic sub group).

They were all nomadic with the angle-saxons being the most notorious for raids, brutality and constant quest for conquering. The gauls were also war like but were constantly attacked and have a history of being conquered by invaders as they were not always united.

If you want an essay of their culture you will have to wait until i get off of work....you know some of us do have jobs. You can swing from tree to tree and entertain yourself till i get back. Wont be too long. smiley

YOU DIRTY SH!T ! I AM ASKING YOU WHETHER THEY EXIST TODAY?!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
funny a monky calling another monkey ...monkey grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked ;Africans will never stop entertaining me grin grin
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: funny a monky calling another monkey ...monkey grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked ;Africans will never stop entertaining me grin grin

Im not african.
Im jamaican. tongue
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

YOU DIRTY SH!T ! I AM ASKING YOU WHETHER THEY EXIST TODAY?!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

Yes silverback.
They do but they are not tribal. They are into nationalism.
I said that already oloshi.
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by navygrl: 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i said the tribes are extinct. not the people. the very concept of the particular tribes is extinct. todays europeans arem ixed race mostly (except for the few exceptions i gave examples of).
again a tribe who has defendants cannot be extinct. Only a tribe whose blood line ceased as in died like the tribes lost in Pompeii can be extinct by definition
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by navygrl: 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

those tribes still celebrate their heritage. Crests, music, foods, even clothing patterns and slang. Just because you don't understand it or can't identify it dos t mean it doesn't exist . Millions of dollars a year are spent in tribal and clan books, clothing, jewelry , decor, etc
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:15am On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:

Yes silverback.
They do but they are not tribal. They are into nationalism.
I said that already oloshi.

THEY HAVE NO CHOICE TO BE TRIBAL OR NOT , YOU $%#@#(#$&#(@(#*($&#$(@##@($*$&$*#()(#(@**@#((@)@)!~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE NOT TRIBAL!!!!!!!!

YOU CANT TELL A BRITISH MAN THAT HIS IS NORMAN, OR SAXON OR CELT OR ROMAN OR BRITON!!!!!!!! HE IS A MIXTURE OF ALL 5 ! THE TRIBES ARE EXTINCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then what the hell im trying to say, you f.aggot!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:23am On Oct 04, 2012
navygrl: again a tribe who has defendants cannot be extinct. Only a tribe whose blood line ceased as in died like the tribes lost in Pompeii can be extinct by definition

A TRIBE IS 1 RACIO-ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEIR OWN DISTINCT CULTURE, ETHNIC IDENTITY, RELIGION, DANCEFORM, MUSIC, WAY OF LIFE , ETC..

YOU JUST CANNOT say that the GAULISH TRIBE OF ANCIENT FRANCE STILL SURVIVES TODAY! WHY? BECAUSE THE VERY CONCEPT OF "GAUL" HAS DIED OUT! IT IS EXTINCT! ONCE THE GAULS INTERMARRIED WITH THE FRANKS AND THE VISIGOTHS, 2 COMPLETELY UNRELATED ETHNIC-RACIAL GROUPS (the Gauls were Celtic while the Visigoths were Germans), THEY FORMED A NEW PEOPL OF MIXE-RACE DECENT. THEREFORE THE ORIGINAL CONCEPT AND TRIBE OF THE GAULS IS EXTINCT. TODAY YOU HAVE A MIXED RACE PEOPLE WHO CALL THEMSELVES "FRENCH".

TOMORROW YOU CANT TELL ME THAT AKATAS ARE IGBO OR HAUSA. NEVER!

HOW CAN SUCH A MENTAL, DRUG-ADDICT HALF-BRED POPULATION OF UGLY PEOPLE, BE A HAUSA IT IS BY NATURE NOT POSSIBLE! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:35am On Oct 04, 2012
navygrl: those tribes still celebrate their heritage. Crests, music, foods, even clothing patterns and slang. Just because you don't understand it or can't identify it dos t mean it doesn't exist .

heritage WHAT HERITAGE let us take a particular grup of people for example. i will go with the british.

crests are not tribal. they were invention during the later medieval feudal age and have no relation whatsoever with what we are discussing. it is somethingto do with english law of heraldry.

music you mean all that rock and hip-hop c.rap is tribal smh.

foods?? no way! maybe very few dishes but most are inventions and combinations of earlier dishes. you cant say hamburger is tribal food. it is neither related to the Celts, nor the britons nor saxons nor normans.

clothing patterns do you think any of the tribes that make up present-day british wore modern-day britissh clothes (pants, shirt, neck-tie, etc.)

most of british clothing are inventions from middle-age clothing. the ancient tribes used to normally wear tunics, animal furs (due to cold), horned helmets at times, etc.

here is an example:

Tribal Saxon Traditional clothing :

modern british "traditional" clothing :

slang that doesnt make sense. modern-day british has mixture of Saxon, Norman, Latin and Greek words, which are modified.

Millions of dollars a year are spent in tribal and clan books, clothing, jewelry , decor, etc

what a lame sentence. tongue

what in the name of ******** is a tribal and clan book how does that make someone tribal?!!!

clothing, jewellery and decor are yu out of your mind why are you naming household accesories it is a wonder you didnt mention TV , refrigerator, tribal air conditioner, table, chair, etc. . tongue angry
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 04, 2012
Hey! Chief ButtR@pe cheesy,
>>> riddle me this...how can a woman be a f@ggot?

don't confuse me with others o!
this NLder is ALL female.

and btw what are you on about?
did you NOT read my first posts on this thread?

I said extinction and mixing are not the same thing.
You still have some tribal people in Europe but for the
most part Euros are mixed and rep. their nationalities
more so than their ethnicity.

#UBOLOSHI
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 04, 2012
Again i ask how can a real female be a fhagg? Lolz.
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Afam4eva(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:

Im not african.
Im jamaican. tongue
Are you Black or White?

1 Like

Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by navygrl: 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
Crests are clan identifications, coat of arms are hieldarcy based of traditional crests which predate roman expansion is middle ages. Go with your example of britain Tartan is clan identification clothing patterns. Those are still very recognizable in Britain and used for special occasions ( weddings, funerals, chisnings etc). Tribe and clan music is not something heard on the radio it is again something used for special occasions. Can you identify someone tribe by their looks? Yes if they are not too mixed or are of a domi9nant blood line like the Gael or Celts yes you can if you know the identifiers. There are still alot of people who will not marry outside their tribe or will not marry certain tribes. Francs are the most commonly avoided tribe for those who are of Saxon, Gael, celt or nord bloodlines. Tribal foods still exist and age rarely cooked in public. One of the few highland tribal foods you can find in restaurants is haggis and blood pudding. Tribal slangs in the traditional languages are used within members of the same tribe and clans or with those knowing the languages. Most tribal languages are still spoken behind closed doors mostly because they had been outlawed by ruling government infavor of state languages. Druidism and Wicca though they have been corrupted by Hollywood are still practiced which are the ancient tribal religions of the Gael, Celts, Saxons and highlands. Again if you don't know what your looking for or where to look you won't see it. The tribes are still very much alive, tribal mentality is what is dying off.

My statement they are not extinct stems from the definition of the word extinct. A tribe cannot be extinct until all of that bloodline are dead. Tribal languages are not extinct till Boone speaks it. Tribal religions are not extinct till all who practice it are dead. Very very few tribes world over have gone extinct. Being you know nothing of European tribes which is obvious, you have no grounds to base your argument. I suggest you take a visit to somewhere in Europe and visit. Even if only going to a festival thrown by one of the tribes/clans and see for yourself the traditions and wares that are still very present in their societies
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you Black or White?

Is this a rhetorical question? Lol
Im black smiley
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:

Is this a rhetorical question? Lol
Im black smiley
So, how are you not an African? No matter where you come from, as long as you're a black Man/Woman, you're an Africa. No matter your nationality, as long as you have the identity of an African, you're an African...whether you come from Brixton, you're an Africa, whether you come from Jamaica, you're an Africa....

1 Like

Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
afam4eva:
So, how are you not an African? No matter where you come from, as long as you're a black Man/Woman, you're an Africa. No matter your nationality, as long as you have the identity of an African, you're an African...whether you come from Brixton, you're an Africa, whether you come from Jamaica, you're an Africa....

Interesting. Your write up is insightful.

But i am sure Pagan_9ja wouldnt agree with your response. grin
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by MrsChima1(f): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
I don't have nothing to do with Africa but since my husband and his children have ties to Africa....I will support them. Sighs.

I remember Afameva wanted me to give my husband my anus and then when I said I don't do such he told me I need to lave Chima so an anus giver can have him. angry angry
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:

Im not african.
Im jamaican. tongue
LMAO like if it existed 400 years ago
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: LMAO like if it existed 400 years ago

what existed 400 years ago? You talking about Jamaica?

Jamaica is well over 400 years old. tongue
Jamaicans as a people are also over 400 years old.
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Blyss: 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
Click the link below and you'll see in very good detail what happened to the Tribes of Europe.

http://hbdchick./2011/04/04/whatever-happened-to-european-tribes/
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Blyss: 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:

what existed 400 years ago? You talking about Jamaica?

Jamaica is well over 400 years old. tongue
Jamaicans as a people are also over 400 years old.

You aren't Jamaican. smiley
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 06, 2012
Blyss:

You aren't Jamaican. smiley

Yes, you are right. Despite being born to a Jamo mother...
I am not Jamaican. [size=78pt]-_-[/size]
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Blyss: 2:11am On Oct 06, 2012
*Kails*:

Yes, you are right. Despite being born to a Jamo mother...
I am not Jamaican. [size=78pt]-_-[/size]

LOL, your Father was a Black-American, you were born in and raised in the US your whole freaking life. So how exactly are you Jamaican? You are significantly more American than you are Jamaican, and in fact Most of the Jamaicans I know (REAL JAMAICANS, BORN AND RAISED) would have at chuckle at the idea of you going around calling yourself Jamaican. Most of them do not even consider second generation Jamaican-Americans with two full Jamaican parents to be Real Jamaicans. cheesy But you as only a halfy, NOOOO WAY!! You are just a Black-American to them.
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 07, 2012
Blyss:

LOL, your Father was a Black-American, you were born in and raised in the US your whole freaking life. So how exactly are you Jamaican? You are significantly more American than you are Jamaican, and in fact Most of the Jamaicans I know (REAL JAMAICANS, BORN AND RAISED) would have at chuckle at the idea of you going around calling yourself Jamaican. Most of them do not even consider second generation Jamaican-Americans with two full Jamaican parents to be Real Jamaicans. cheesy But you as only a halfy, NOOOO WAY!! You are just a Black-American to them.

That is what FURTHER lets me know you dont know any thing about jamaicans. Jamaican is about the culture. And in REAL JAMAICAN SOCIETY if your mother is Jamaican and she raises you, you are considered without a doubt to be jamaican. If my mom was a yankee, it would be different because american women dont know how to teach a child to be jamaican. Any socalled jamaican who says otherwise is a fake.

Yh i was born and raised here but my jamaican mother and her influence is all that matters. Jamo 4 life.
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Blyss: 1:16am On Oct 07, 2012
*Kails*:

That is what FURTHER lets me know you dont know any thing about jamaicans. Jamaican is about the culture. And in REAL JAMAICAN SOCIETY if your mother is Jamaican and she raises you, you are considered without a doubt to be jamaican. If my mom was a yankee, it would be different because american women dont know how to teach a child to be jamaican. Any socalled jamaican who says otherwise is a fake.

Yh i was born and raised here but my jamaican mother and her influence is all that matters. Jamo 4 life.

LOL. This is so laughable. I've been associating with Jamaicans longer than you've been alive, stop making a donkey of yourself with this foolishness. cheesy
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 07, 2012
I strongly and highly doubt that.
In fact I know that is a flat out LIE.
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Blyss: 3:33am On Oct 07, 2012
*Kails*:
I strongly and highly doubt that.
In fact I know that is a flat out LIE.

What are you, like 21 years old, or there about? Yeah, if so then for sure I've been associating with Jamaicans for quite a bit longer than you've been alive. cheesy
Re: Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 08, 2012
lol im not 21. tongue
im older than that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba's And Fish Head / What's The Difference Between Calabar And Akwa Ibom Apart From Location? / Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.