Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics (69994 Views)

Is This Form Of Punishment Wrong Or Right? / List Of Nigerian Private Universities That Does Not Require Jamb / Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by 2kris(m): 12:13am On Nov 27, 2014
This op for do mistak com command dem go flock him nd him right
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Footsoldier(m): 12:23am On Nov 27, 2014
This is Nigeria. We did not die during our era. Let them chop the cane too.
sexforfree:
I don't know the name of this school but someone sent the picture to me.

And only God can tell why secondary school students should be kneeling down under the sun lifting heavy bags.

God help Nigerians. Shouldn't this be illegal? I know someone can't to this to my child if they want to see d next day.

What are your thoughts on this?
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by freezyprinzy(m): 12:31am On Nov 27, 2014
Op if i hear worst punishment kor..dis 1 na exercise kor jux 2 warm body 4 d koboko
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by neocortex: 12:44am On Nov 27, 2014
pweetixandy:
I see nothing wrong..its a secondary schl right? If it had been pupils now,I would object. Schools are not just for acquiring western education,u also learn to be disciplined. From d pic,u can see the students are few,they are d agberos of d school. Are u sure its a private school? D uniform and d compound don't look like what u'ld see in a private school.

Because it's a secondary school does not make it right. Discipline shouldn't be enforced by humiliation in front of mates. In fact, research has shown that punishment don't work on children on the long run only listening and reward does. Some of these children you incorrectly labelled "Agberos" could be performing parental roles for their younger ones every morning. They cook, bath and make sure they get to school. I know this because I have observed it firsthand. But no one cares to know why they are late, they are the bad ones in the school and have to be punished. And by the time the punishments are over, these children are exhausted, yet we expect them to learn something in school for that day.
Our school discipline system need to be reformed , we need more listening and less cane.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by sharpchap: 12:55am On Nov 27, 2014
my broda we need more cane ooooo! punishment na rite of passage for naija. if you no use strong hand for naija pikins hmmm, dem no go recognize elder ooo! discipline is very very important. it will keep you safe and alive until your mind is mature enough to understand things. if not the pitfalls of life are too many and some of them no get remedy.

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by RaeMystix: 1:12am On Nov 27, 2014
kimond101:
Nah it isn't
These are what the oyinbos call exercises . grin grin
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Ilovenigeria(f): 2:31am On Nov 27, 2014
Late comers!!!!
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by blakky97(m): 2:37am On Nov 27, 2014
sexforfree:
I don't know the name of this school but someone sent the picture to me.

And only God can tell why secondary school students should be kneeling down under the sun lifting heavy bags.

God help Nigerians. Shouldn't this be illegal? I know someone can't to this to my child if they want to see d next day.

What are your thoughts on this?
Ever heard of NMS? Nigeria Military School?
Put your child there first and see what will be done to him.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Truckpusher(m): 3:22am On Nov 27, 2014
This topic reminds me of one Mr Dankwa my Ghanaian Math teacher,if that man flog you eh,na so obedience and discipline go waka enter your life uninvited sharp sharp. grin

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Hanasbay(m): 3:49am On Nov 27, 2014
chimhigher:
OMG!!! WAt is my fatherland Turning into?? Dz d main reason m Skuling in Portugal,Ds rubbish cant Happen here..Eyaah!!! C dose girls,most of dem go b house maid o way deir aunty dey allow go skul AFTER 10,i wish i had more moni,i 4 do visa 4 dem mke dem kon join me here in Portugal

Like seriously please do ,By the time life has dealt with you ,you would become a born again

Why do you people like forming like this ......I attended the most respected and recognised fed school in nigeria 'KC' ......

Omo one silly mistake for that school if senior no finish you , teachers would or the PKC him self with koboko

That why I love this man 'Mr Akano' aka baba ooo ... he is the most respected and the most feared teacher in that school ....

#floreat
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 27, 2014
bigiyaro:
Stupid African mentality since 1759. I received all forms of physical criminal abuse in my secondary school, it never instilled any form of discipline in me rather, i grew stubborn and bitter. Despite all this bullshit Nigerian educational system is rubbish. Americans don't do this yet they have better society, our professional illiterate teachers will not understand why this is so.

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 27, 2014
IGBOSON1:
Aside the fact that it gives sadists an outlet to satisfy their depraved sadistic urges all in the name of punishment; i think the main problem with corporal punishment is that when you keep on flogging and beating a child when he's done something wrong -as all children do from time to time- he or she soon becomes inured to the whole experience and develops a dismissive attitude to what others may think of his bad behaviour; kinda like: 'after all they'll just flog me and that's the end of it'!

We all know of that boy in primary or secondary school that could take a flogging like he was just being patted on the bum for good behaviour! shocked I remember one of such in my secondary school: always stubborn; hyper; dodging class; had no fear of the cane......and there was a near general consensus among teachers and students alike that dude was a major pain in the butt! Suffice it to say that there was this one teacher that never flogged anyone that he always respected like she was his Mum, and when he thought nothing of disrespecting the Principal (even with the threat of a flogging) or other staff during one of his numerous 'meltdowns' or 'moments of madness', this particular teacher was the only one that could talk sense into stubborn head!

So you see, it's better to develop a relationship with a child/pupil based on mutual respect and love rather than threats of violence; this way they would think twice before doing anything naughty as they'd feel they would be letting you down if they went ahead with it; a child would not want to disappoint someone they know cares for their well-being! Ever wonder why Nigeria is so full of thugs and sadistic twerps?......If you check well, most of these peeps would have been dehumanized with beatings and punishments while growing up and may have had a childhood lacking in love!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 4:41am On Nov 27, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Waste of time, the punishment can't work for every pupil(Only "Ajebutter" ). Most of them even know what to expect if they did something wrong anyway so they don't care, the aim which is to discipline the kids is lost. At best these corporal punishments is simply raising emotionless criminals, looters and fence climbers. The tougher the punishment the thicker your skin. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 4:41am On Nov 27, 2014
raayah:
If you approve of this type of Punishment, its Alright.

But Don't come to Nairaland to Cry and Shout or Complain that army officers Slapped you, or flogged you and made you kneel down.

I don't know how anyone can approve of this injustice.

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by sunnshyn(f): 4:42am On Nov 27, 2014
Corporal punishment should be abolished at all schools and homes...PERIOD!!!

When we abolish corporal punishment, teachers will start thinking of other ways to discipline students..

There are several ways to discipline students...not inflicting pain on them...

Nigerians!! That is why we are the way we are..

Very violent people without regards for human rights and all...

The education system needs revamping!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by jimmy101231(m): 4:48am On Nov 27, 2014
Is like no topic again abi mumu people
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by sunnshyn(f): 4:51am On Nov 27, 2014
pweetixandy:
I see nothing wrong..its a secondary schl right? If it had been pupils now,I would object. Schools are not just for acquiring western education,u also learn to be disciplined. From d pic,u can see the students are few,they are d agberos of d school. Are u sure its a private school? D uniform and d compound don't look like what u'ld see in a private school.

This "female" got more than 90 likes...

It goes to show you the kind of people we have in our community.

You call other people's children "agberos" even without hearing what they have done? May God have mercy on you..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 4:57am On Nov 27, 2014
IGBOSON1:
So you see, it's better to develop a relationship with a child/pupil based on mutual respect and love rather than threats of violence; this way they would think twice before doing anything naughty as they'd feel they would be letting you down if they went ahead with it; a child would not want to disappoint someone they know cares for their well-being!

I remember the precise moment I realized that the pain from a beating was only temporary, and I would have gotten to do what I wanted anyway, so it would be worth it. It was prom night, and I was determined to stay out later than agreed, dammit! Lol. My parents knew immediately when I had my little epiphany, and they never used the threat of violence on me again, because they knew it was pointless. (In fact, they hadn't even followed through on the threat for years, but I actually never realized!)

Instead, they began to wield a much more powerful threat--their disappointment. Man, I can count on one hand the number of times they've ever said those words to me *shudder*. Twice. Cuts like a knife. I'd take a 100 beatings before I'd want to hear them again.

Do you see how much more powerful psychology is than the physical?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by igbo2011(m): 4:57am On Nov 27, 2014
No wonder why Nigerians think the way they do. Afraid to question things, think outside the box challenge things, they are just obedient slaves like the westerns trained us to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Anugod(f): 5:00am On Nov 27, 2014
vict505:
This school be like say an Demonstration secondary school kogi state . cos na same uniform be this oo
No it's not. We used white shirt and our green is deeper.

#My Almamata cool
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 27, 2014
ziccoit:

How do you plan to bring up your children if you could kill somebody for mere asking your child to knee down for offence committed?
. It was just an hyperbole. Butt I can't let sm1 punish my child like this. Just for coming late. Witthout hearing the reason

This stuff just hardens them. Make them resist actual discipline
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by bigemmmybig(m): 5:22am On Nov 27, 2014
It only means dis Op is an "Ajebuta" and went to an Ajebuta school!!!!!! U neva see anytin yet!!!

Respect to all SMOBAS
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 27, 2014
Sagamite:

Why should it be illegal?
why should marijuana be illegal?

It's d same tn. Discipline iss goood. But it is now overused an abused by people

Discipline shud be done emotionally and psychologically

Nott by inflicting pain. Those children willl probably be angry. And will probably doo d same tn

When they are released. U think they will have the capability to learn
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 27, 2014
bigemmmybig:
It only means dis Op is an "Ajebuta" and went to an Ajebuta school!!!!!! U neva see anytin yet!!!

Respect to all SMOBAS
I have seen worse. And an ajebota school gets it bera than the public skul but nt gud enof. Nw dose kids will sweat under real punishment

Public school students are already hardened nd usedto it
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 27, 2014
Footsoldier:
This is Nigeria. We did not die during our era. Let them chop the cane too.
Because u suffered dosen't mean odas shud
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by stinggy(m): 5:25am On Nov 27, 2014
vict505:
This school be like say an Demonstration secondary school kogi state . cos na same uniform be this oo

For my eye, e b lik Anglican-Methodist Secondary Sch, Ajagba, Oyo
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 27, 2014
100Cents:

When did kneeling down become a crime ?

It isn't a crime. But early in the morning,an adolescent child. It affects them health wise. Under the hot sun. Weights suspended above them. And u think they will be willing to learn
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 27, 2014
ziccoit:

How do you plan to bring up your children if you could kill somebody for mere asking your child to knee down for offence committed?

Because they will be to tired to learn. And besides they re being hardened
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by unmask: 5:35am On Nov 27, 2014
Dem suppose knock this op for head..... This one nah punishment? Even in my primary school if you got kneel down and raise your bag, you knew you were lucky.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Xplicitonu: 5:43am On Nov 27, 2014
plainmirror:
I only see a female student loitering the field area and expecting to see her boyfriend for a quickee grin
plainmirror u r a rib cracker.... Where did dat idea came from?
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2014
The only thing this kind of punishment teaches you is to not get caught.

3 Likes

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by realK: 6:04am On Nov 27, 2014
neocortex:

Because it's a secondary school does not make it right. Discipline shouldn't be enforced by humiliation in front of mates. In fact, research has shown that punishment don't work on children on the long run only listening and reward does. Some of these children you incorrectly labelled "Agberos" could be performing parental roles for their younger ones every morning. They cook, bath and make sure they get to school. I know this because I have observed it firsthand. But no one cares to know why they are late, they are the bad ones in the school and have to be punished. And by the time the punishments are over, these children are exhausted, yet we expect them to learn something in school for that day.
Our school discipline system need to be reformed , we need more listening and less cane.

Whatever; thanks to my teachers for the morning quizzes and koboko, egba atori during my days in public schools. I do not know what could had made me studied so well.

Where the positive reinforcement is not available, doing nothing is much worse. When these students become adults they will have two regrets, for those who changed to worse due to the purnishment, that they wished they had listened and learnt. For those that changed for good, wished they had changed and got the message earlier.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zainab Aliyu Completes NYSC (Photos) / Secondary School Students Caught In Erotic Romance In Classroom In Port Harcourt / Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-akoko, Ondo State Post Ume Date Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.