Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker (1828 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by shift15(m): 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
The House of Representative Committee on Police Affairs was forced to adjourn following the refusal of the Inspector-General of Police Sulaimon Abba to recognise the Speaker of House of Representatives as the substantive Speaker. The IGP who referred to threat by Governor Rotimi Amaechi that the opposition party will form a parallel government and the unruly behaviour of members of opposition during what the opposition party APC called ‘Peace Rally’ as the reason for beefing up security around the National Assembly.

He however, apologise to those who were affected by the incident in which police used ‘tear-gas’ on some members of National Assembly while he condemned the man-handling of his men during the fracas.

In his submission to the committee, Abba said, ‘one Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal led some group of people to bridge the security measure put in place by the police’. The committee members however insisted that the IGP address the speaker properly. The IGP refused saying doing so will be prejudicial as the case of Speakership is before the court.

- See more at: http://believeafrica.net/house-committee-adjourn-as-igp-refuse-to-recognise-tambuwal-as-speaker-p375-107.htm#sthash.SGHP9zrY.dpuf
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by waternogetemeny: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
lmao!
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
Does this man know that the President recognised Tambuwal as the Speaker? Also the Senate President and that Tambuwal presided over the House on the fateful day. Who is the IGP working for

2 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Abiolainfo: 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
The Nigeria Police Force has been compromised
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by ennajod: 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
MBU is the igp in view
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by opiaoku: 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
Igp is right

Tambuwal is a bastard

5 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
kITATITA:
Does this man know that the President recognised Tambuwal as the Speaker? Also the Senate President and that Tambuwal presided over the House on the fateful day. Who is the IGP working for

He said the subject of whether Tambuwal is speaker or not is before court of law and as such he will not comment on it.

Tambuwal and APC are breeding chaos and they should see what chaos looks like!

Well done IGP!

7 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Goddex: 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
[size=14pt]Tamuwal seizes to be speaker!
Can't the Janjaweeeds get this into their skull?[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
mikeansy:

He said the subject of whether Tambuwal is speaker or not is before court of law and as such he will not comment on it.

Well done IGP!
Don't support illegality please. Court ruled that status quo be maintained and tambuwal should remain speaker pending the determination of the main suit. Is he more knowledgeable than the AGF or Senate

3 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by holatin(m): 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
Everything has turn political
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
kITATITA:

Don't support illegality please. Court ruled that status quo be maintained and tambuwal should remain speaker pending the determination of the main suit. Is he more knowledgeable than the AGF or Senate

please do not add unexistent clauses to what the court said

Court ruled for Status Quo to be maintained, well whose status quo. At that moment Tambuwal was already out of office in the eyes of IG and AGF

this is what happens when the opposition start getting ahead of themselves and circumvent the constitution

They breed chaos and dictatorship!

APC and Tambuwal are responsible for this madness and chaos!

4 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
Jonathan need to fire Abba Suleiman

2 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
mikeansy:

Court ruled for Status Quo to be maintained, well whose status quo. At that moment Tambuwal was already out of office in the eyes of IG and AGF

this is what happens when the opposition start getting ahead of themselves and circumvent the constitution

Go and read the clean copy of the court ruling. I don't rely on journalists. They are as lazy as nairalanders
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
kITATITA:

Go and read the clean copy of the court ruling. I don't rely on journalists. They are as lazy as nairalanders

well share a clean copy of the ruling since you have it

2 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by jomijoke: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
He said the subject of whether Tambuwal is speaker or not is before court of law and he will not comment on it.

Stop supporting illegality when it's in ur favour. Has anybody declared the sit of the speaker vacant? Why can't we apply the same rule in ondo state when Mimiko defected to PDP

1 Like

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by dunkem21(m): 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
The IGP seems right till the court say otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by jomijoke: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2014

Well done IGP!

Stop supporting illegality & twisting d law to favour a particular group. Has anybody or court declared the sit of d speaker vacant? Why can't the same rule be applied by the igp/govt when Mimiko deflected to pdp
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Chigold101(m): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
kITATITA:
IGP is serving Nigerians. If a case is in court everybody should wait until court talk something
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
mikeansy:

Thank you very much.
I am tired of telling people that according to the courts, that 'one' Alhaji aminu tambuwal is no longer a member of the HoR, let alone Speaker.
Dude is just an Ordinary Sokoto mallam.

2 Likes

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by MurderX: 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goddex:
[size=14pt]Tamuwal seizes to be speaker!
Can't the Janjaweeeds get this into their skull?[/size]

Correct your word please "seizes(sic)".

1 Like

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by jaytee01(m): 12:43am On Nov 27, 2014
Don't worry, what goes around comes around.
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by arresa: 12:58am On Nov 27, 2014
Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till Case Is Heard– Federal High Court
BY CHANNELS TELEVISION . NOV 3, 2014

TambuwalThe Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Monday ruled that the status quo in the House of Representatives should be maintained, with Aminu Tambuwal still Speaker.

The court’s Monday ruling means that tambuwal still remains the speaker of the House of Representatives, which implies he should still enjoy all benefits attached to the position.

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/11/03/tambuwal-remains-speaker-till-case-is-heard-federal-high-court/

With the inability of your IG and top law enforcement officer to properly interpret respect and obey the laws of the land, you get nothing but institutional lawlessness with active supervision of the same lawless presidency that should have fired this national shame called ID.
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by LFJ: 3:16am On Nov 27, 2014
opiaoku:
Igp is right

Tambuwal is a bastard

You are the bastard one. You are the one that lack home training. You are the type that pray for war but cry when you see one. This is a democracy that was fought when Jona was still hidden under Patience underwear.
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by LFJ: 3:21am On Nov 27, 2014
Chigold101:
IGP is serving Nigerians. If a case is in court everybody should wait until court talk something

Nairaland taken over by dumb.

1 Like

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by wallex1983(m): 3:49am On Nov 27, 2014
Pls I have a question bothering me. Does the President have the constitutional powers to direct the IGP on what to do regardless what the IGP feels about the subject matter? If he does direct, does the IGP have the powers to decline the directives if he so desires?

I feel I'll analyse better if I'm well informed on this
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by chamboy(m): 5:39am On Nov 27, 2014
Then IGP must b a PDP staff den

1 Like

Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by oluwafemi113(m): 6:29am On Nov 27, 2014
The IG is enacting a script carefully put together by GEJ and the PDP. I am not surprised because this is just an ugly re-enactment of the episodic array of the ugly mbu escapade in rivers against amaechi. However this episode plays out, is yet to be seen. We are watching.
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by oluwafemi113(m): 6:37am On Nov 27, 2014
Gabbysky:

Thank you very much.
I am tired of telling people that according to the courts, that 'one' Alhaji aminu tambuwal is no longer a member of the HoR, let alone Speaker.
Dude is just an Ordinary Sokoto mallam.

Mr Man, you seems to be brain wash. Even if the case is in court, has the court given a verdict that the speaker has been removed. A criminal is not yet a criminal until proven in court... Does the IG know his job? This shows clearly what to expect in 2015, the elections would be clearly rigged before our very eyes.
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by dridowu: 6:40am On Nov 27, 2014
IGP is only dancing to the tune of its employer.
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by condralbede(m): 6:55am On Nov 27, 2014
I don't recognise him as the speaker too,the last time he came to my office I walked him out.Is as simple as that. grin grin grin
Re: Igp Refused To Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker by hugoart(m): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Even I don't recognize the IGP as a IGP.

This new IGP is just fooling himself and his sidekicks.

He's being ignorant,I'm not surprised.
The Nigerian Police are the biggest lawbreakers in Nigeria.
Nothing new here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seriously, No One Can Perform This Miracle In 4 Years / Maiduguri Youths Sweep Out President Jonathan, PDP After Campaign Rally (PHOTO) / Is INEC Really Independent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.