Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,040 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why Should Nigeria Not Cut Your State From The Federation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should Nigeria Not Cut Your State From The Federation? (481 Views)

ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / Mohammed Dikwa Appointed Accountant-General Of The Federation By Buhari / Buhari Appoints Ogbonnaya Onu As The Secretary Of The Federation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Nigeria Not Cut Your State From The Federation? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
Nigerians like to complain about everything, even the problems they contribute to. It got me thinking. If every state in Nigeria is a net asset to Nigeria, the country will definitely move forward.
Clearly some states are assets while some are liabilities.
Some are more assets, while some are more liabilities.
A business man always cuts out liabilities while always acquiring assets. If Nigeria has been run well, some states would have since been cut off from Nigeria, because they are liabilities and make no effort to contribute positively.
A simple cost-benefit analysis is all that is needed to decide this.
Please present all your state's assets, and present the liabilities, we scale them and the result will be clear to us.
Example, if you say your state has land, what has that land contributed to the Nigerian coffers already (not what it can potentially contribute)?
If Nigeria cuts off your state from the federation, what will she lose? Is that thing unique, or replaceable?
Can Nigeria thrive without your state?
Honest answers please!
Re: Why Should Nigeria Not Cut Your State From The Federation? by tinkinjow: 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
Nigeria would lose everything - d women, men, d delicacies, d humour, d money, d great geography d warmth and peace, ....Nigeria can certainly not do without us. When it does (as we want out), there shall be gnashing of teeth.
Re: Why Should Nigeria Not Cut Your State From The Federation? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
I guess another way to ask this question is, why should Nigeria be losing lives of precious soldiers trying to keep a state like Borno or Yobe in Nigeria? What does she [i]really[i] lose if both states are cut off?
Re: Why Should Nigeria Not Cut Your State From The Federation? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
for me, without my state Nigeria will lose the greatest concentration of the most resourceful black Africans.
You name it, my state has done it for Nigeria.
Re: Why Should Nigeria Not Cut Your State From The Federation? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
Another example, if you cut off Ogun state from Nigeria, she will cease being a Nobel laureate country.
These are the things I mean.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Really Imagine? / Nigeria Is Not The Only Country With Ghost Workers / Wike Wins Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries As 16 Contenders Walk Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.