Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,784 members, 7,837,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman (18338 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / Nigerian Artiste You Dislike The Most. & Why? / Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by NaLaugh: 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
Thespecialone:
Wonder what his senior colleagues would have to say.

They are too hungry to speak.

They have to conserve the energy.

@Topic
Eedris Abdulakrim was doing fairly decent before Rugged man annihilated his career, so it is safe to say Eedris was the first.

2 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by M4gunners: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2014
genxris:

Even Alex O
Genxris and Nkoommpko;i don't believe you guys are from indomine generation, you guys wouldn't have know who Alex O and Felix Liberty is. However, he was only saying he was the first Rapper *nigerian * to make money from Rap music which is correct. Now tell me was Felix and Alex O really making rap music? No,did they make money from the little ones they try like Rg Man ? No.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Btruth: 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
Story!
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by kingthreat(m): 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
Zacky Adzee and Eedris Abdulkareem made money before him. He just likes blabbing.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by olatunji390(m): 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fadelex:
story for the gods..... his inability to diversify is what killed his career, rap music is not as popular as it used to be. very few people really listen to rap music, he should try another genre to resuscitate his career.

As far as I know, frustrated people are the ones listening to rap music. But the guy refuse to change gear when music change in Nigeria
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by madjune(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nawao. How much you make sef?
Can you afford a week at sheraton without complaining?
No let wizkid dem wake up see you.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by loomer: 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
GOOD TO KNOW, AT LEAST FOR FUTURE NOBODY GO ASK US TO DONATE MONEY FOR U BECAUSE YOU DON GET ALREADY.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by olenyi: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
I get am before no be property.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
bennygreat1:
So How ve you Used your Money to help Others
Abi.But he has an artiste under him,he is still chopping money anyway.Very soon he will go into politics
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Squilii(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
Funny!
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by zubby29(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
guy go and have a seat,if u get money reach dat level wey rugeddy dey u no go dey beef
tyson99:

na u be him manager
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by bennygreat1(m): 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
sweetylicious:
Abi.But he has an artiste under him,he is still chopping money anyway.Very soon he will go into politics

Very Correct... They all divert from Entertainment industry To Politics Now.... Do you think is greed or running out of Money
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
bennygreat1:

Very Correct... They all divert from Entertainment industry To Politics Now.... Do you think
is greed or running out of Money
My dear its the both
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by bennygreat1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
sweetylicious:
My dear its the both

Lolz... I totally agree with you jo... Is really common among them now.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Afrok(m): 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
U only hear about a former champion when the trophy is being taken away from him undecided.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by kilimanjaro(m): 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ruggedman, if Eedris Abdulkareem catch u ehn...

I've you forgotten you had to echo Eedris name in your first album just to gain popularity? And you later apologised to him on a national TV that blah blah blah.

3 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by zendy: 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ruggedman is a joker. People like Idris Abdulkareem,Black Revrendz and Ruff Rugged/Raw were smashing up the air waves when Ruggedman was still in primary school. Come to think of it,who even knew Ruggedman in 2002 when rappers like Blaise,Eldee,Dr Sid,2Shotz and Sasha were smashing things in Tribesmen? That was the same year Mr Raw even won star quest with his Igbo rap along with Clint da drunk.

3 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by thaoriginator: 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
Is ruggedman now crazy? Abeg somebody collect that chain frm his hand and tie him for me.. Yabaleft, here we come.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by masseratti: 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
Although am a big fan of his but what genre of music will you say Junior and pretty was doing? Even if it's one Naira they made in there days,what Rugged man made in is days will be like one Naira compared with what contemporary commercial rappers today are making.he should get his fact right please.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by watchindelta(m): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
nawaho all dis 9ja musicians go dey sing dey called am rap smh. keke nappe tire less na rap as well.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by nkpommpko(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
genxris:

Even Alex O
abi?
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by kenx1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
Bro not how far but how well grin
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
we do not even know him in Jiwa, who is he?
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
We all live fake lives!
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by zoomman(m): 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
Story for the gods
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by xtervaganza(m): 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
zendy:
Ruggedman is a joker. People like Idris Abdulkareem,Black Revrendz and Ruff Rugged/Raw were smashing up the air waves when Ruggedman was still in primary school. Come to think of it,who even knew Ruggedman in 2002 when rappers like Blaise,Eldee,Dr Sid,2Shotz and Sasha were smashing things in Tribesmen? That was the same year Mr Raw even won star quest with his Igbo rap along with Clint da drunk.
no mind the mumu. Eedris was making money while he was still struglling to feed himself.

And how about Freestyle? He was the best during Trybesmen era

1 Like

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
k
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
zendy:
you know your sh×t.
see memories. you just pulled up names that sent chills of nostalgia running through me.

Yeah youre right rughead wasnt th e first on the airwaves as a rap artiste. But he definitely made peeps sit up and listen with his all out attack mode. I particularly remember the diss aimed at Kennis.
In a sort of way he kind of upped the rap game as guys would stop coming out wack and lame (Maintain suddenly disappeared from the scene aftrr he took them apart).
As per the claim to be the first rapper to make money im not so sure of that. The Kennis crew for one (Remedies) were pulling in cash at an alarming rate for sure.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Emilord(m): 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
I get am before,no be property
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Ezyp(m): 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fadelex:
story for the gods..... his inability to diversify is what killed his career, rap music is not as popular as it used to be. very few people really listen to rap music, he should try another genre to resuscitate his career.
SISI
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by goldfish80(m): 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
zendy:
I remember black reverendz back in the dayz. I remember their cover s of Busta rhymes Dangerous... You really took me back, way back.. cheesy
I think Idris held it down before rugged man but don't forget Ruggedman is saying he was "the first to make money from rap" meaning these other cats before him weren't really seeing the doe despite their hustle.
Remember how 2shotz pleaded to Alaba and upper iweka boys in his second album to please free him to make some change. Eldee's story wasn't so different from the others. He worked like an elephant but ate like a rat. People like Sound Sultan, Six foot plus, Babadee all fall into this category during the infacy stage of what we now know as naija pop.
Upon coming into the mix , Ruggedman changed the game. The man was everywhere. I stand to be corrected, Ruggedman is the first Nigerian celebrity to own a website. In my opinion, he may not be totally wrong when he say he was the first to make money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Serena Williams Debuts New Rap Song / Download Gospel Music: Donnie Mcclurkin Ft Agnus Dei - Only You Are Holy (2016) / D’banj Ft Wande Coal & Harrysong – It’s Not A Lie (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.