Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. (9262 Views)

How I Stopped Receiving Those MTN Spam Messages / Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages / How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by trenlog: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
follow the below instructions…
From the message section of your phone,
Send STOP to 33111

Immediately you will receive a message
saying ” Your number has been removed
from MTN promotional Database”.

Now you can enjoy and flex with your
mobile devices having MTN sim card in it.

Also share this post with your brothers and
sisters, friends and family members who
also use mtn so they can be free from MTN
message disturbance..

21 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by holatin(m): 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
thank God
if this work, we suppose go church or mosque for Thanksgiving.
those message na hire killer

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by kelvine(m): 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
Will be back to thank you if it works. Meanwhile,message sent.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by viczing(m): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
kelvine:
Will be back to thank you if it works. Meanwhile,message sent.

If you send am na that time the messages go increase

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by datguru: 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
thanks bro, it worked. I got a response that I will be removed from their campaign database within 24 hours

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by nairaman66(m): 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
I hope this works! grin

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by datguru: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
This should be on the front page because a lot of us need it . Mtn is spamming us! sad

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by trenlog: 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
It will stop, I did mine yesterday and I hav not recieved any spam messages today.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by datguru: 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
trenlog:
It will stop, I did mine yesterday and I hav not recieved any spam messages today.

Nice share
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
God bless you OP for this piece of information.

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
pls dont listen to the op mtn is ur friend....
lol
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by jacabi(m): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
Unh! It's a matter of time, they'll only give you break, they will resume later. I know this because I've done it before.

5 Likes

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by yyb14: 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
Op thank you. I just send my and I hope it will work.... Those messages are very annoying especially when you are expecting credit alert

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by ogeoflyf(f): 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
Op God bless u biko.. finally angry
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by Sexslave01(f): 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
ok
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by ulaa(f): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
OP, May God bless you abundantly. A big relief.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by bigboyo: 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
trenlog:
follow the below instructions…
From the message section of your phone,
Send STOP to 33111

Immediately you will receive a message
saying ” Your number has been removed
from MTN promotional Database”.

Now you can enjoy and flex with your
mobile devices having MTN sim card in it.

Also share this post with your brothers and
sisters, friends and family members who
also use mtn so they can be free from MTN
message disturbance..

...Wa gbayi joor, chop knuckle...
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by Truth24(m): 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
Tanks man.....Hope at last
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by Adeoba10(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by fadeel29(m): 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
I hope it work, brb to share testimony
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by Oklander: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
Don't send it! If you do, do not come here in few weeks or month tume to complain how you now receive about 20 useless messages day and night from mtn, at least its only at times that much in the day for now.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by GODDYGEE91(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
Wow tan u 4 dis information, I av ben lukin 4 ways 2 end dis useless messages, meanwhile u can also help us find anoda code 2 stop de one frm AIRTEL
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Thanks Op. It's been very tense dis days. Especially that 5021 and 5031 nansense. I think those pastors also make money from every one that subscribe to those packages. Thanks op, I'm gonna do it ASAP, am tired of deleting spam messages from a network who ought to also join the curse(in Dame-PJ's voice) of fighting spamming.

but b4 doing tht, is there anytin it's gonna cost sm1, I mean mayb restrictions to sm products and service, u knw MTN can be such a badass
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by armadeo(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
Let them keep sending. It doesn't coste anything to delete them. I let them pile up and do mass burial for them.

PS peeps should use simple tones for their messages not the entire track alobam playing only for you to read a message from an unknown someone asking you if you like roasted fish.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by acenazt: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
my guys a beg ehnn please for ur own sake just bear with emtyhen. if u send that message e go stop for a few days then e go double.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
yyb14:
Those messages are very annoying especially when you are expecting credit alert

Like u read my mind

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by Mustack: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
make I book space.
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by thewarrior72: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
Thanks op. Sometimes I receive 10-20 spam sms in 5hours and It's quite unbearable to me cry
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by datjohn(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
Guy, OP I tried dis same stuff last week twice, n even after receiving d msg dat I wud b removed in 24hrs, dese MTN pple still kept bugging wit dia unsolicited msgs as usual witout removing me. Even up till now. sad
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by olempe(m): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
I thougt there's an app for blocking unwanted messages
Re: How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. by jnrbayano(m): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Have gone to the East, West, North and South in search of how to stop these spam masters, luckily, I found it at last.

Op, thanks for sharing.

I already concluded plans to take my MTN SIM Card to some miracle houses for binding.

undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Check 9MOBILE Bonus - Airtime And Data / Difference Between Glosecure APN And Gloflat APN / Mtn China Phone Manual Configuration Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.