Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Can Africans Be Seen As Their Own Number One Enemies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Africans Be Seen As Their Own Number One Enemies (1319 Views)

Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC / Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Africans Be Seen As Their Own Number One Enemies by wanks(m): 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2006
Looking at the way things move today, for example, the life of post independent politicians, uncountable stories of people destroying their relatives and friends over stupid issues like money, love etc, the numerous inter_tribal conflicts, the problem of coloured racism and even before the white man, betraying our own brothers and sisters who are trying to make life better for themselves and those they care for, as well as bushfallers neglecting their relatives  back at home or going abroad to spoil the good name of Africa, the youths becoming a burden to the society, all sorts of crooks going right to the extend of using God,s name to achieve their mischievous dreams and several examples could pop up uccoping several pages.
 Could this be just the evils of the this age or is it that We AFRICANS actually detest each other?
Re: Can Africans Be Seen As Their Own Number One Enemies by Damsal(f): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2006
I actually accept your opinion on this African's have a tendency to detest easliy and hold grudges which can cause them to take drastice actions depending on various situations. I once had a friend who said "i can be your friend to your face yet behind your back i'll be killing you gently" (this statement was not directed at me it, it just arose during a discussion) I've never really understood if having a destestable nature was something to be proud of, yet i guess Nigerians see it as a way of being smart and not easily being taken for granted.

(1) (Reply)

How Will You "celebrate" October 1st? / Eye On Lago. Eko O Ni Baje Lai Lai. / Ekiti Boils Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.