Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,072 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement (27850 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sagamite:

I disagree.

If my slogan is true, then it is not sexist.

It might be uncomfortable and offensive, but it is not sexist.

If women say husbands are mostly promiscuous/unfaithful or men are the ones that leave a woman with the baby, you would not say that is sexist, and it is not sexist. It is an observable fact!

Then my observations differ from yours. wink
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Yes, she does.

Now shut up and let me chat with her.

kiss

[size=3pt]Like is an understatement.[/size] smiley
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Oh! Really?

So your argument is that the law is not sexist?

And who is mostly the higher earner?

What is the genesis of the law?

No, it's actually not sexist. It's all about the money! High-earning women are also made pay alimony, child support and what have you to their ex-husbands. That the former is more common doesn't make it 'sexist' if the opposite sex is capable of being hit the same way when the roles are reversed.

Why is it not the case that it is separate property?

Why is it not separable?

Is this your woman's logic to argue that the law is okay the way it is?

The thing is, it can be made separate. Just not at the time of the divorce - too late! Which is why it's important to know your stuff before you commit to marriage.

Where did I say it was OK? So now using your own logic against you in the context of this story means that I support the so-called 'sexist' law?

You need to clear your eyes.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

No, it's actually not sexist. It's all about the money! High-earning women are also made pay alimony, child support and what have you to their ex-husbands. That the former is more common doesn't make it 'sexist' if the opposite sex is capable of being hit the same way when the roles are reversed.

Ohhh, really? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you EnlightenedSoul for helping me prove my point about logic and women having a brick wall between them.

So if, lets say a Nigerian parliament, decides to pass a law banning EVERYONE from wearing make-up, wearing skirts, having long hear, wearing accessories and wearing any shoe with more than one-and-a-half inch hill in public, that is not a sexist law because it applies to everyone, according to your woman's logic? grin grin grin grin grin

EnlightenedSoul:

The thing is, it can be made separate. Just not at the time of the divorce. Too late! Which is why it's important to know your stuff.

Where did I say it was OK? So now using your logic against you in the context of this story means that I support the so-called 'sexist' law?

You need to clear your eyes.

So why is the law not separating it?
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Ohhh, really? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you EnlightenedSoul for helping me prove my point about logic and women having a brick wall between them.

So if, lets say a Nigerian parliament, decides to pass a law banning EVERYONE from wearing make-up, wearing skirts, having long hear, wearing accessories and wearing any shoe with more than one-and-a-half inch hill in public, that is not a sexist law because it applies to everyone, according to your woman's logic? grin grin grin grin grin

Heh. Well, you're rafting in IDI.OT waters now.

You just made a comparison between makeup and money. Is this what you'd call man-logic?

So why is the law not separating it?

This requires an in-depth answer I don't have the time for ATM. A little research would help. And maybe watch the aforementioned show(?) you were talking about. You might learn a few things.

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Heh. Well, you're rafting in IDI.OT waters now.

You just made a comparison between makeup and money. Is this what you'd call man-logic?

My friend, answer the question. You think it is Sagamite you can attempt diversion with?

Is that sexist considering it would apply to everyone?

We will see who is swimming in the ediot ocean when you answer.

EnlightenedSoul:

This requires an in-depth answer I don't have the time for ATM. A little research would help. And maybe watch the aforementioned show(?) you were talking about. You might learn a few things.

When will you have the time.

I am a patient dog. I eat FAT bones.

I can park it in a bank until you are ready.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sagamite:

My friend, answer the question. You think it is Sagamite you can attempt diversion with?

We will see who is swimming in the ediot ocean when you answer.

Oh, does it? Are we talking about a mysterious country that consists of women and drag-queens?

When will you have the time.

I am a patient dog. I eat FAT bones.

I can park it in a bank until you are ready.

I'd suggest you eat the meat from now on. A more nutritional diet might help along your reasoning!

I can't promise, but I'll quote you when/if I can.

Meantime, I'll leave you with something:

1) Time is money

2) Google 'separate property'. Separate property isn't touched by divorce. You'll quickly understand how couples can 'manually' separate their assets to avoid personal losses in case of a divorce.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 1:32am On Dec 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Oh, does it? Are we talking about a mysterious country that consists of women and drag-queens?

Oh, we are back to the question dodging now? grin grin grin grin grin

You don't want us to see you in the ocean? grin grin grin

My friend, answer. grin grin grin

EnlightenedSoul:

I'd suggest you eat the meat from now on. A more nutritional diet might help along your reasoning!

I can't promise, but I'll quote you when/if I can.

Meantime, I'll leave you with something:

1) Time is money

2) Google 'separate property'. Separate property isn't touched by divorce. You'll quickly understand how couples can 'manually' separate their assets to avoid personal losses in case of a divorce.

So you must be vegetarian then.

You are too thick to comprehend my question or your drowning in the ocean and lack of meat is affecting your comprehension?

Why can't the law not separate the assets made during marriage instead of calling it marital property?
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

kiss

[size=3pt]Like is an understatement.[/size] smiley

From like it will enter love. angry madam keep your emotions in check....I know I know...some things sagamilo sagamite says can be a turn on for some women...that's why the likes of Efemenaxy and busybody2 have decided not to back off grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Oh, we are back to the question dodging now? grin grin grin grin grin

You don't want us to see you in the ocean? grin grin grin

My friend, answer. grin grin grin

That's just it. It doesn't apply to everyone. This: "...decides to pass a law banning EVERYONE from wearing make-up, wearing skirts, having long hear, wearing accessories and wearing any shoe with more than one-and-a-half inch hill in public, that is not a sexist law because it applies to everyone, according to your woman's logic? grin grin grin grin grin " ...applies to women.

So you must be vegetarian then.

A pescatarian actually. Much better than eating red-meat, and wayyy better than eating bones might I add smiley

You are too thick to comprehend my question or your drowning in the ocean and lack of meat is affecting your comprehension?

So that you tried to correlate MONEY with FEMALE PRODUCTS whilst claiming that your imaginary law would "apply to EVERYONE", doesn't suggest an extreme deficit, or complete and utter lack of comprehension on your part?

Open your eyes. You're no longer rafting, you're drowning undecided

Why can't the law not separate the assets made during marriage instead of calling it marital property?

Because marriage is a legal contract. Everything brought into the marriage becomes an asset. So, unless you take certain steps, it is marital property! Why?

(1) Because not only are vows are taken in presence of witnesses (thereby already making it a verbal contract), but additionally, (2) in order to be legally married, a legal marriage license (*cough* written contract) is obtained from the government to recognize the union, and confer upon it the various rights, benefits, and protections marital status affords. Furthermore, (3) if/when a breach of contract occurs, either party has the right to take the other to civil COURT for it. (4) In order to sever the contract in the eyes of the law and government, the couple must go through a legal divorce. (5) In the event of such divorce, the aforementioned assets are divided, just as they are with the severance of any contract wherein assets were involved.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 7:11am On Dec 06, 2014
jennykadry:

From like it will enter love. angry madam keep your emotions in check....I know I know...some things sagamilo sagamite says can be a turn on for some women...that's why the likes of Efemenaxy and busybody2 have decided not to back off grin

Back off wetin? You're on a long thing babes.

Everyone wants a piece of the national cake so shine your eyes wella.

Carefreewannabe, ignore Jenny jor. She usually shouts at first but quickly calms down afterwards. You are most welcome to join our er..er.."union"... cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 06, 2014
jennykadry:

smiley smiley smiley

Jenny darling, you wives fight too much, I am too sensitive to enter such a disharmonious .... er ... union.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Back off wetin? You're on a long thing babes.

Everyone wants a piece of the national cake so shine your eyes wella.

Carefreewannabe, ignore Jenny jor. She usually shouts at first but quickly calms down afterwards. You are most welcome to join our er..er.."union"... cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 9:35am On Dec 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

smiley smiley smiley

Jenny darling, you wives fight too much, I am too sensitive to enter such a disharmonious .... er ... union.

Don't let Jenny discourage you jor. It's way better to be one of his "favoured" wives than to be a side chick.

At least you'll get your very own mud hut, specially built by Sagamite himself. Now if that isn't a good perk, then I don't know what else is tongue
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Don't let Jenny discourage you jor. It's way better to be one of his "favoured" wives than to be a side chick.

At least you'll get your very own mud hut, specially built by Sagamite himself. Now if that isn't a good perk, then I don't know what else is tongue

LOL grin grin grin

A mud hut is a tempting offer. grin grin grin

How often does he put meat on the table? grin
And more importantly does he fulfill his marital duties properly? grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

LOL grin grin grin

A mud hut is a tempting offer. grin grin grin

How often does he put meat on the table? grin
And more importantly does he fulfill his marital duties properly? grin

Haha!

I never born for am yet, but he claims to buy one box of pampers per year for his kids.

Financially, he funds my salon runz...recently upgraded it from 2K per month to 2.5K...Jenny and BB nearly killed me for it lipsrsealed embarassed

Now they're scheming to have me deported back to Naija. Can you imagine? A whole village chick like moi!

grin grin grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Haha!

I never born for am yet, but he claims to buy one box of pampers per year for his kids.

Financially, he funds my salon runz...recently upgraded it from 2K per month to 2.5K...Jenny and BB nearly killed me for it lipsrsealed embarassed

grin grin grin

A generous man. grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2014
Lol!
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 11:00am On Dec 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

That's just it. It doesn't apply to everyone. This: "...decides to pass a law banning EVERYONE from wearing make-up, wearing skirts, having long hear, wearing accessories and wearing any shoe with more than one-and-a-half inch hill in public, that is not a sexist law because it applies to everyone, according to your woman's logic? grin grin grin grin grin " ...applies to women.

Amsorry?

Are you saying there are no men interested in wearing high heels, accessories, skirts, having long hair, wearing accessories and make up?

Are you drowning in the ediot's ocean?

EnlightenedSoul:

A pescatarian actually. Much better than eating red-meat, and wayyy better than eating bones might I add smiley

So that you tried to correlate MONEY with FEMALE PRODUCTS whilst claiming that your imaginary law would "apply to EVERYONE", doesn't suggest an extreme deficit, or complete and utter lack of comprehension on your part?

Open your eyes. You're no longer rafting, you're drowning undecided

Because marriage is a legal contract. Everything brought into the marriage becomes an asset. So, unless you take certain steps, it is marital property! Why?

(1) Because not only are vows are taken in presence of witnesses (thereby already making it a verbal contract), but additionally, (2) in order to be legally married, a legal marriage license (*cough* written contract) is obtained from the government to recognize the union, and confer upon it the various rights, benefits, and protections marital status affords. Furthermore, (3) if/when a breach of contract occurs, either party has the right to take the other to civil COURT for it. (4) In order to sever the contract in the eyes of the law and government, the couple must go through a legal divorce. (5) In the event of such divorce, the aforementioned assets are divided, just as they are with the severance of any contract wherein assets were involved.

I will come to the rest of your rubbish latter, otherwise the ocean you are in would become too big for people to see and I like people seeing.
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2014
jennykadry:

carefreewannabe:

smiley smiley smiley

EfemenaXY:

Ladies, please lets practice polygamy in unity, harmony and the respects it deserves in society.

We all know it is the best form of marriage. cheesy
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Ladies, please lets practice polygamy in unity, harmony and the respects it deserves in society.

We all know it is the best form of marriage. cheesy

Obviously. grin

My three husbands say so too. cool

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 11:18am On Dec 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Obviously. grin

My three husbands say so too. cool

Abomination!

That is disgusting, sinful and unAfrican. It should be banned! angry
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Abomination!

Polygamy is not African? shocked grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Polygamy is not African? shocked grin

Polygamy embodies Africa as a whole in itself. It is what makes us African. angry

One man - many wives.

One woman - One husband or remain single. cheesy

TIA = This Is Africa!
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Polygamy embodies Africa as a whole in itself. It is what makes us African. angry

One man - many wives.

One woman - One husband or remain single. cheesy

TIA = This Is Africa!

TINA = This is New Africa tongue

I am getting ready to go and do the Christmas shopping now.

Husband one will cook.

Husband two will tidy up.

Husband three will take care of the kids.

I forgot whose turn it is to come to my bedroom later at night. grin

Anyway, let me spend some money first. I will get them something nice too. They deserve it. Good boys. grin

TINA tongue

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 11:33am On Dec 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Husband one will cook.

Anyway, let me spend some money first. I will get them something nice too. They deserve it. Good boys. grin

TINA tongue

Oh My Gawd!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Oh My Gawd!! grin grin

Say yes to polygamy. grin grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2014
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Abomination!

Says who?

We are entitled to define what marriage should be or mean to us individually, according to you.

Now gimme T-fare money. I want to check out that young, athletic dude in the next village. I hear he's hawwt! tongue cool
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by EfemenaXY: 11:40am On Dec 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Say yes to polygamy. grin grin

May you never age. Weight gain, age spots, and wrinkles will forever miss your street.

Leave the mortar and pestle to Jennykadry. Na she sabi pound Sagamite's yam pass... cheesy
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 11:44am On Dec 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Husband one will cook.

TINA tongue

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You better keep you men apart. I suspect they might fancy each other more than they fancy you. tongue grin grin grin
Re: Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 11:45am On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Says who?

We are entitled to define what marriage should be or mean to us individually, according to you.

Now gimme T-fare money. I want to check out that young, athletic dude in the next village. I hear he's hawwt! tongue cool

We need a simple universality for women. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Loses Marriage For Accusing Wife Of Making Love With Son / Generator Fumes Kill Two Ladies In Edo (Photos) / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.