Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (58643 Views)

He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? / Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by SEYIOKE: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
PastorKun:

Actually the church is liable. Churches promise their members financial prosperity if they tithe. They also promise that no devourer shall affect their finances. In the case of this man the financial prosperity promise did not materialise, his finances got devoured and the church even refused to do it's primary responsibility of bringing succour to down trodden members. I believe he has a very good case, he should go ahead and sue. Hopefully he would win the case and other tithe scammers would learn from it.
payment of tithe must go with obedience and righteous christian living or else d tithe bcoms wastage
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by nora544: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
enkay4love:
Exactly!!what is misleading a lot of christians on this tithe thing is failure to read their Bibles.The admonition in Malachi 3:10 and the whole of that chapter was mainly directed at the jews or the 11 tribes of Israel who were mandated to pay a tenth of their harvest earnings(tithe)to the levitical priests(levites) who were mainly temple workers & who did'nt have any inheritance & farmlands to till & produce crops.So the curses in verse 9,were directed at these people of old(jews)and not modern day christians/believers.Jesus or His disciples never ever mentioned any where in the New testament mandating any christian to tithe.

100000 liks

Why is it that nigeria has the richest pastors in the world because they brainwashed their followers, just read that Daddy go build a new school to enrich himself to build his own empire and that is with all this jetflying pastors. I know when a poor member come to a church he will not get help oh no.

I know from a woman in america she is a widow and she live from money from the state so this not much but she can pay her rent and she has food and she can pay her small bill for electricity and that she has extra money she make quilts and when she sell them she gave the little she get from this to a gready RCC pastor who take her money because he has to send every month money to Daddy go.

the next, I can remember benny hinn during a TV program an old woman had a question she has problems to pay her tite because she needs medicine for her husband, what did Benny hinn tel her she should pay the tithe and praying and fasting will help her husband please don't tell me that this is a real christian.

A real christian will help the poor the people who are in need but pentecost/charimatic superstars have lost what it means to be a real christian because they love the money more than God.

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by drnoel: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:
Sensible man spotted.
you can't help MD despite my offering, tithe and donation to your church.
if you can't give to your member, stop collecting from them

simple, even a fool knows this
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by clevvermind(m): 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
StarBoard:
asalimpo,
Who was John 1:1-4 refering to?
Abraham?

You should go and ask God for forgiveness for the sin of blasphemy. For claiming that Abraham was before Jesus.

I only wish I never wasted my precious little time arguing with a reprobate like you.

It only goes to show you are vain, empty, vacuous, fraudulent, indignant and irreverent and I shall have no parts of your ilk.

o mehn! This ur english hot o. I go need to carry 4 different type of dictionary to understand o.

Abeg nor let that guy provoke u. E nor know waitin e dey yan.

Pls, just forget that guy. He lacks understanding.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by zeedof(m): 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
eunisam:
frustration has a way of affecting one's brain negatively.
Anyway,how much is the grand total of the tiths,donation and others. Oga you are still owning the church for the chairs,landed property and the shelters and even the prayer and preaching(sermon) you received from the church in 15 years.
you must be a pastor or pastor to be.. I guess

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Dragonking: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
nora544:

100000 liks

Why is it that nigeria has the richest pastors in the world because they brainwashed their followers, just read that Daddy go build a new school to enrich himself to build his own empire and that is with all this jetflying pastors. I know when a poor member come to a church he will not get help oh no.

I know from a woman in america she is a widow and she live from money from the state so this not much but she can pay her rent and she has food and she can pay her small bill for electricity and that she has extra money she make quilts and when she sell them she gave the little she get from this to a gready RCC pastor who take her money because he has to send every month money to Daddy go.

the next, I can remember benny hinn during a TV program an old woman had a question she has problems to pay her tite because she needs medicine for her husband, what did Benny hinn tel her she should pay the tithe and praying and fasting will help her husband please don't tell me that this is a real christian.

A real christian will help the poor the people who are in need but pentecost/charimatic superstars have lost what it means to be a real christian because they love the money more than God.

The main issue I have with you is that you always let your hatred towards Nigeria to becloud your logical sense of explaining things..this topic is all about a man in Ghana who is suing a Church in Ghana yet your first line of comments is about Nigeria, then others...yet you failed to even talk on the main issue at hand that the OP posted here..(This is similar to your other post and I have challenged u on this)

Something is really wrong and I think you need help.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Cheny(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
@Homguy, Enkay4love, Stupor and few others who spoke objectively and wisely,may u kip growing in uncommon discernment. Please u may try and read about George Muller and see why such xtian leaders are nearly extinct.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Iamfrank(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
Who has ever given to God dat God shud repay him (romans 11:35)
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
chrisviral:

God

I am a God,I do not need another.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by 30secs(m): 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
His money would be refunded as soon as he provides the receipts.
Have you ever paid your tithe? Churches give receipts for tithe payment... Plus the church obviously let him down. No good/true church would refuse to help a member who's in need of help. Most modern churches are a joke! Sorry if it sounds like I'm blaspheming

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by henryutd(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Both are guilty. Ask me why?
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by 30secs(m): 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Churches collecting tithes, offerings and donations, building super markets/shopping complex and universities that charge huge amounts that the average church goer can not afford. Yet they will still refuse to help a member in need or pay tax!!! Bone religion abeg, make we dey use our head sometimes sad

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by openmine(m): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
StarBoard:

Hehehehe

You should consider a career in buffoonery since I know you dont expect anyone to take you seriously.

oh so Christ never existed before Abraham abi?

I dont even know why I bothered to make any kind of an argument with a nonentity whose IQ is too low to be measured by the planck counter.

Go and sleep with your maid or lie sbout your wife because Abraham did so.

All this tomfoolery just to justify tithing.
Na wa o.

Apparently Hebrews 7 neans nothing to you either but yoir bible knowledge stops at Noah and the ark.

Abeg save your show of madness for the market. Your attempt at sounding intelligent isn't going any better thsn that of stray dogs.

I have better things to do than argue with heretics and new age believers who relegate and reduce the importance of Christ.

Hahahahahaha.... grin grin grin ...see uppercut.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Jahbles93: 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
PastorKun:
An irate and disappointed middle aged man has demanded that his church refund his past contributions, including tithes, or else face court action.

The middle aged man claims his Accra-based church refused to assist him, in a period during which he faced extreme financial difficulties.

The disappointed man insists that his contributions to the church, which cover a period of fifteen (15) years, should have afforded him some reprieve in his time of trouble.

However, he claims the one place where he expected to find help turned a blind eye on his predicament and his pleas for help fell on deaf ears.

He has decided to move to a new church which would be more willing to assist its members but before he leaves, he says he wants the church to pay back every cedi he has ever paid into their coffers.

“I want them to pay me all the money I have given to them since I started churching [fellowshipping] with them.

His demands are not restricted to donations and collection however. The frustrated man insists that even the tithes he paid over the fifteen (15) year period should be returned to him.

“Everything. Donations, everything they should refund my money to me. The tithes I am paying is not going to God, it’s going to one particular person and that is the pastor. It is not going to God, it is going to the pastor.”

The peeved man insists that the money he paid should still be in the church coffers and that the money “can never fly”.

I want them to give me my money, he reiterated. “If they do not give me back my money, I will take them to court!”. 

Listen to the man below:
http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/2014/November-27th/return-my-tithes-or-face-court-action-man-threatens-church.php
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by clevvermind(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dailyfavour:
Is there any record to bear that claim? because evidence must be presented or case close, nevertheless, this is strange, are men tired of serving God?
are churches tired of helping the poor?
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Dmeji4444(m): 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
asodeboyede:
UNBELIEVABLY BELIEVABLE!

Unbelievably: because it's quite strange!
Believable : because I think the man actually said it!

We must realise that when God promises us blessings in return for our tithes, such blessings transcends all what our seemingly limited human brain can
absorb! It is beyond monetary growth! Until we come to the glare and fundamental meaning of God's blessings, we would still continue to hold Him a liar! I think the said man was not taught enough or was only being rude by growing a thick skin to this TRUTH!
Y r u guys getting this issue twisted,I don't think it is bad if a church help her member during trying times provided the Church have the financial stability and ability 2do so.So mayb d man saw that the church have the abilty 2do it but just don't wanna help,so what do u expect if everyone turn u down including the church.even if the Man is not frm d church,they still have 2help him, A Chistian is a Christian irrepective of d church he attends. Love ur neighbour as ur self

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
SEYIOKE:
payment of tithe must go with obedience and righteous christian living or else d tithe bcoms wastage

Fortunately or unfortunately God NEVER asked christians to tithe of their income in the first instance so the issue of tithing with obedience does not even arise. Tithe paying in churches today based on twisting the mosaic laws for Jews to tithe is not only a wastage but it's a pious fraud.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asodeboyede(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dmeji4444:

Y r u guys getting this issue twisted,I don't think it is bad if a church help her member during trying times provided the Church have the financial stability and ability 2do so.So mayb d man saw that the church have the abilty 2do it but just don't wanna help,so what do u expect if everyone turn u down including the church.even if the Man is not frm d church,they still have 2help him, A Chistian is a Christian irrepective of d church he attends. Love ur neighbour as ur self

You are getting me wrong bro!
I never supported the unCHRISTLIKE attitude of turning deaf ears to the cry of an helpless christian!
As a matter of fact I advocates pure religion which is reaching out to the less-privileged, James 1;27!
I only stood against some so called miscreants turning the ancient word up side down to rub their carnal ego, hereby injuring the faith of many!
READ MY COMMENTS AGAIN!
Shalom!
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Cheny(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
If the Man gave based on conviction from the pastor,then it serves him right because giving is to be done as purposed in one's heart not from being sweetmouthed or brainwashed by the 21st century 'celebrity Pastors'. If he gave out of personal conviction to God then there is no room for litigation. On the part of the church,it is wrong if she neglected or neglects any member at a time of need.The truth is that greed is responsible for all the attrocities we see today in churches right from the gullible/shallow- minded congregation to the Hollywood-styled Pastors in charge. So much disparity from what we saw in Believers in the early church to the present day drama.Sanity and transparency should start from the church if we are to make any change in society or else the stench oozing out from today's religious gatherings may soon cause both the greedy 'man of God' and the naive Members to choke.Bottomline is "be more intimate with ur God than ur Father in d lord" because only one of them will judge u when we cross over to the other side.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Chigold101(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
PastorKun:

There is nothing sacred about church tithing. Tithing as it is preached and practised today is derived from fraudulently twisting biblical tithes instructed to the Jews and mis applying it to the church. There is not one single scripture in the whole bible instructing believers to tithe money from their income. Tithing from income is derived from twisting God's word and we all know it is a sin to twist God's word.
So in conclusion, how should tithe be paid and from what?
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by chrisviral(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
ifeness:

I am a God,I do not need another.

Noted! Even Psalms said so!
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
Chigold101:
So in conclusion, how should tithe be paid and from what?

Tithes is not meant to be paid by christians, c0hristian giving should be as the believer decides in his heart.

5 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by akoaki(m): 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nigeria pastors have had it too good in this country. It is high time the people rose against their criminal activities since the government is not interested in checking the excesses.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by muiniz: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
PastorKun:

Actually the church is liable. Churches promise their members financial prosperity if they tithe. They also promise that no devourer shall affect their finances. In the case of this man the financial prosperity promise did not materialise, his finances got devoured and the church even refused to do it's primary responsibility of bringing succour to down trodden members. I believe he has a very good case, he should go ahead and sue. Hopefully he would win the case and other tithe scammers would learn from it.
. Don't be naive Mr. No church promises prosperity they only read what's in the bible and am sure he read it too. Those are not the words of the pastor but God. If he wants to sue he should sue God and am sure if he stood firm with God evil wouldn't before him. The bible says obedience is better than sacrifices (tithes) 1 Samuel 15vs22. The bible also says I will punish all disobedience if your obedience is fulfilled 2 Corinthians 10vs6. If you a Muslim I will ignore you but if you a Christian please when it comes to God stuffs approach with care not because of fame on nairaland you just post and comite #Blasphemy. You where not there to know how much he requested from the Church or know the church other financial engagement. Is it everything you ask from your parents/family members you get?
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by MrDoGood(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
NA COMEDIAN FULL NAIRALAND.

I DON LAFF TAYA
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
muiniz:
. Don't be naive Mr. No church promises prosperity they only read what's in the bible and am sure he read it too. Those are not the words of the pastor but God. If he wants to sue he should sue God and am sure if he stood firm with God evil wouldn't before him. The bible says obedience is better than sacrifices (tithes) 1 Samuel 15vs22. The bible also says I will punish all disobedience if your obedience is fulfilled 2 Corinthians 10vs6. If you a Muslim I will ignore you but if you a Christian please when it comes to God stuffs approach with care not because of fame on nairaland you just post and comite #Blasphemy. You where not there to know how much he requested from the Church or know the church other financial engagement. Is it everything you ask from your parents/family members you get?

Go and get your facts right, there is absolutely no where in the bible God promised believers financial prosperity if they tithe of their income to the churc0h. It is dishonest preachers that twists God's holy words to say so. That said, preachers that mount the pulpit would be found culpable since they won't be able to show from the bible that God promised anybody financial prosperity for paying tithes if charged to court.

6 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Chigold101(m): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
PastorKun:

Tithes is not meant to be paid by christians, c0hristian giving should be as the believer decides in his heart.
Thanks. But Where and Where in Bible can I find teachings that support what u just wrote? .
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Cheny(m): 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Chigold101:
Thanks. But Where and Where in Bible can I find teachings that support what u just wrote? .
Part of that can be found in 2Cor 9:7
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by SenatorJames(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
d3lko2i:
Can the man also return the spiritual, social and other services and benefits he got both from the Church and from God for the 15 years?

Can he pay or find a way to compensate God, the pastor and other members who voluntarily sang, cleaned the chairs he sat on, played musical instruments, visited or called him when he couldn't make it to church due to illness or any other reason, counseled him when he had issues, taught his children virtues, values and morals, and many other services and benefits for 15 years?

Was he forced to attend the church? Was he forced to make those 'donations'? Was he forced to give the freewill offerings? Was he forced to pay his tithes?

When you give to Orphanages and other non-profit organisations can you go back to demand for your donations from Charity?

The 'man' is not serious, immature and probably just acting out of frustration!
That is the mentality of those that believe they are giving their tithes and offerings to men of God.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by JUBILEE2000: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
asalimpo:

the tithe pre dates the law.
Abraham and Jacob tithed,they werent under d law.

lets assume ur argument is right, how many times did they tithe n how far have you twisted d scriptures now to make believers part with 10% of their income monthly as d case maybe..TITHE IN CHRISTIANITY IS A FRAUD..the Apostles in d early church knew this that's why they never collected tithe...may God who opened my eyes of understanding through this forum open the eyes of other captives of this fraudulent doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by nagoma(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
asodeboyede:

Any act of service to God is sacred and must be view as such without any form of human prejudice against whosoever deems it fit to partake in such!

I suspect you are one of them con men called Pastors deceiving the gullible and parting them with their money lifelong. The man eye don open. Wishing him luck in this test case.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
Chigold101:

Question is that is there any where in the bible were christians are taught or instructed to tithe of their income to the church?

That said you may wish to read deut 14:22-29 where tithes is properly defined and hebrews 7:5-19 were tithe was anulled for christians and describe as a weak, useless and unprofitable law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Baptism: Archbishop Andries Moeti Drowns Before Church Members (Photo) / Prophet Paul Abam Caught Burying Charms In Someone's House In Cross River (Pics) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Husband At Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's 55th Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.