Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (58638 Views)

He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? / Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by JUBILEE2000: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2014
StarBoard:

Sad but true.
I stopped attending RCCG[b] when they started broadcasting people's names on their projector screen in line with tithe records.
They did so to someone I know simply because they wanted to clarify the figure on the cheque in the said envelope for a particular month simply because it differed from what she usually gave.
[/b]
But when this same lady had earlier undergone a surgery no one asked any questions or showed sympathy. Just collecting tithe from people without taking any concerted effort to know the givers.

Wao!!! am speechless at the bolded. i didnt know it is this bad!!! well, Mathew 6:24 said it all...Am comforted by the revival that will sweep across the church very soon and God will open many eyes!!! Mark my words, it will get to the point that a female church member who the pastor has been slepin with will get up n slap him saying "i didnt know you were leading me to eternal destruction". People will give to God out of love for Him and not out of what they have been made to belive they will get from Him; people will be earger to go to fellowship bc it will be a time of true refreshing and renewal of strenght in His presence and NOT the entertainments we have these days as church services(you can imagine churches inviting comedians to mount the "alter" to entertain brethren), dry sermons and wealth summits.God will surely deliver us as a church from misplaced priorities!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Skipuru(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2014
tithes belongs to God he should and request to God not the church or the pastor?

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 01, 2014
Cheny:

What matters to the d 21st century church most (ie Money ),mattered little to the early church.Rmber Paul's warning that wolves have crept into the church.
True.
Unfortunately those who are supposed to feed the flock, tend to His Lambs and keep His sheep are too busy gathering wealth and the so called flock will start saying the Glory of God is shining on them.

The said flock have turned their gaze away from Jesus Christ and are looking at these men of themselves.

Need I say more?

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2014
Skipuru:
tithes belongs to God he should and request to God not the church or the pastor?

Stop this nonsense, is it God that comes down to c0ollect the tithe or the c0hurch / greedy pastors Are the pastors not at liberty to utilise the tithes as they deem fit? Would it be out of order if the pastor uses church collections to help a church member in need?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 01, 2014
JUBILEE2000:

Wao!!! am speechless at the bolded. i didnt know it is this bad!!! well, Mathew 6:24 said it all...Am comforted by the revival that will sweep across the church very soon and God will open many eyes!!! Mark my words, it will get to the point that a female church member who the pastor has been slepin with will get up n slap him saying "i didnt know you were leading me to eternal destruction". People will give to God out of love for Him and not out of what they have been made to belive they will get from Him; people will be earger to go to fellowship bc it will be a time of true refreshing and renewal of strenght in His presence and NOT the entertainments we have these days as church services(you can imagine churches inviting comedians to mount the "alter" to entertain brethren), dry sermons and wealth summits.God will surely deliver us as a church from misplaced priorities!!!
I like the last part.
They make the "church" as it were to be about razzmatazz and pizzazz without puting the focus on Jesus.
Someone on this thread is adversely canvassing for us to copy Abraham's example, rather than that of Jesus who is supposed to be the author and finisher of our faith only in the area of paying tithe. You point out why Abraham cannot be who you model your Christian fsith about and he starts telling you that no man is perfect. So why copy an imperfect example who no longer lives when we have a perfect living master who is above reproach?
Unfortunately these are the shallow minds that these men of themselves breed in abundance so as to continue with their scams. people who cannot be bothered to search through the scriptures and put things together to decipher what God says in his word. So many lazy souls who do not desire to knowvthe depth of God's word but rather depend on what these pastors say.
I could fill you with stories about RCCG and how they do their things. But let God be the judge.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by namdo(m): 10:12am On Dec 01, 2014
9 years ago I understood and was freed from these people who by words of men's wisdom swindled me and a host of others. Yes I was paying thithe but not anymore. many posts here have already made it clear why I stopped. I will add to the reasons. The law was our school master to bring us to the knowledge of sin. Again I understood that by the law shall no one be justified before God. All who chose to live by the law shall be judged by the law at the coming of Christ. If you could keep the law christ wouldn't have died for you, keeping the law makes the death of Christ vain. Christ in you is the fulfillment of the law. God forbid that I being free from the curse of the law will go back to it. Tithing is in the OT when the jews were ruled and justified by the law. In this dispensation we are no longer justified by the law but by faith in Christ's finished work of righteousness. CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS! The law being my school master taught me through the law of thithes and offerings to give more than 10% of my blessings to a course that would make someone scream "Thank you Lord! ...that brings me more blessings and by it I fulfill the law through Christ in me not giving it necessarily to someone who takes it greedily to himself or use it to further personal ambition to the detriment of the needy among the congregation. Let those that would understand understand.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Cheny(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2014
StarBoard:

I like the last part.
They make the "church" as it were to be about razzmatazz and pizzazz without puting the focus on Jesus.
Someone on this thread is adversely canvassing for us to copy Abraham's example, rather than that of Jesus who is supposed to be the author and finisher of our faith only in the area of paying tithe. You point out why Abraham cannot be who you model your Christian fsith about and he starts telling you that no man is perfect. So why copy an imperfect example who no longer lives when we have a perfect living master who is above reproach?
Unfortunately these are the shallow minds that these men of themselves breed in abundance so as to continue with their scams. people who cannot be bothered to search through the scriptures and put things together to decipher what God says in his word. So many lazy souls who do not desire to knowvthe depth of God's word but rather depend on what these pastors say.
I could fill you with stories about RCCG and how they do their things. But let God be the judge.
YOU can't be more correct.It's a pity that 'pastor worship ' and materialism has become the order of the day. When someone speaks against such evils u are seen as the odd one out. These 'god of their belly' pastors are so much and there is even a cold war btw them for members.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by namdo(m): 10:36am On Dec 01, 2014
majority are so gullible, Jesus even criticized the pharisees and Sadducee for 'overlooking the weightier matters of the law', while they possibly concentrated on law of thithes in those days. cool

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by JUBILEE2000: 11:14am On Dec 01, 2014
fadolak:
Up Living Faith Church.

WRONG!!!! Heaven has no recognition for denominations

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by muiniz: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2014
PastorKun:

Go and get your facts right, there is absolutely no where in the bible God promised believers financial prosperity if they tithe of their income to the churc0h. It is dishonest preachers that twists God's holy words to say so. That said, preachers that mount the pulpit would be found culpable since they won't be able to show from the bible that God promised anybody financial prosperity for paying tithes if charged to court.
. It's official dude you just a church goer #sundaysundayfigure. Malachi-3-10 is a charge from God for prosperity, Philippians-4-19 and Ecclesiastes-7-14 sees God as God of Prosperity and Adversity remember God prospered Job and still made him POOR just to taste his faith he passed and was 10folds greater. So did Job go asking God or anybody why? Or better still ALL THE PROPHETS REFUND MY BURNT SACRIFICE and before you miss quote me Tithes and Burnt Sacrifice are seen as OFFERTORY to God. Dude am not hear to argue the Bible with you my advice to you try reading the Bible in different translation KJV NIV etc and see as words are substituted. If you that man legal counsel you guys can sue God to court am sure the Angles will be the jury.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Dragonking: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2014
MissGdope:

Ok oo. I still stand my what i've said previously. If u wanna remain blind to the truth then that's ur problem cos all what u just said is weak and foolish. The battle is for God. He doesn't need men to fight his battles. This mentality is what is causing all these bloodshed in Nigeria cos pple feel they're helping God. It's madness. I have spoken!
One day we shall all know the truth. cheesy Don't quote me again angry

You are the one who remains blinded and ignorant. I have butressed all my statements with quotes from the bible while you are yet to even quote one verse to butress yours. U can think whatever you wish but dont come here to spew trash wen u have little or no knowledge about a topic or even d bible. OLODO!
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
PastorKun:

Stop this nonsense, is it God that comes down to c0ollect the tithe or the c0hurch / greedy pastors Are the pastors not at liberty to utilise the tithes as they deem fit? Would it be out of order if the pastor uses church collections to help a church member in need?

is it God tht comes down to accept ur offering?
Or u dont give offering.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
namdo:
majority are so gullible, Jesus even criticized the pharisees and Sadducee for 'overlooking the weightier matters of the law', while they possibly concentrated on law of thithes in those days. cool

Jesus said the pharisees were doing the right thing by tithing!
Matth 23v23
"woe unto you ,scribes and pharisees, hypcrites! For you pay tithe of cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement,mercy,and faith : these ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone"
"these ought ye to have done". done what? Pay tithe.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
asalimpo:

is it God tht comes down to accept ur offering?
Or u dont give offering.

Church contributions in the new testament were never called God's offerings. Church collections were always used to meet the needs of the needy amongst church members. In the subject matter of this thread, going by biblical use of church collections, the pastor should have used part of the collection to assist his church member going through financially difficulty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Cheny(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
JUBILEE2000:

Until people understand this,we will continue to see a decline in the quality of christianity. We must emphasize on intimacy with God above every other thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
PastorKun:

There is nothing sacred about church tithing. Tithing as it is preached and practised today is derived from fraudulently twisting biblical tithes instructed to the Jews and mis applying it to the church. There is not one single scripture in the whole bible instructing believers to tithe money from their income. Tithing from income is derived from twisting God's word and we all know it is a sin to twist God's word.
what about prayers that's being directed to the Jews, why do we claim them. If we can't claim instructions given to them on tithing.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
VenusBetty:
what about prayers that's being directed to the Jews, why do we claim them. If we can't claim instructions given to them on tithing.

You claim them because your pastor probably misled you into claiming them. I don't claim either of them. I am satisfied with my faith in Christ Jesus who is interceding for us all before the father.

5 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
d3lko2i:

If it's true, then it's unfortunate!

But there are (at least) two sides to every story, and we haven't heard the side of the church
thank God a reasonable person is here, I'm not saying what the Church has done is right, I don't really know what happend, but we all should be mindful of what you say about Pastors. You didn't ordain them, God did. The bible say we should believe them, Christians beware o.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Goshen360(m): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
Well done @ PastorKun and other soldiers in Christ, fighting the good fight of faith. We have heard so many lies from the advocates of tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Goshen360(m): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
VenusBetty:
thank God a reasonable person is here, I'm not saying what the Church has done is right, I don't really know what happend, but we all should be mindful of what you say about Pastors. You didn't ordain them, God did. The bible say we should believe them, Christians beware o.

Every Christian is ordained ma and it's called "holy and set apart". The church has misled us for too long and we're standing to the truth of the gospel. There's no special ordinations and no special calling in Christ, but each one is "sent" to an assignment in the body, not ordained.

4 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
Cheny:

YOU can't be more correct.It's a pity that 'pastor worship ' and materialism has become the order of the day. When someone speaks against such evils u are seen as the odd one out. These 'god of their belly' pastors are so much and there is even a cold war btw them for members.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
PastorKun:

You claim them because your pastor probably misled you into claiming them. I don't claim either of them. I am satisfied with my faith in Christ Jesus who is interceding for us all before the father.
Thank you.
All these charlatans who don't know what this whole thing is about.
are we practicing Judaism or Christianity?

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Cheny(m): 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
Goshen360:

Every Christian is ordained ma and it's called "holy and set apart". The church has misled us for too long and we're standing to the truth of the gospel. There's no special ordinations and no special calling in Christ, but each one is "sent" to an assignment in the body, not ordained.
You are among the few Who can discern the times. Keep it up as one with God is what counts,the multitude can't be relied upon in spiritual matters, just check history. Lest I 4get,stick to ur signature cos it is priceless.

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Cheny(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
JUBILEE2000:

Until people understand this,we will continue to see a decline in the quality of christianity. We must emphasize on intimacy with God above every other thing.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Goshen360(m): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
Cheny:

You are among the few Who can discern the times. Keep it up as one with God is what counts,the multitude can't be relied upon in spiritual matters, just check history. Lest I 4get,stick to ur signature cos it is priceless.
Thanks brother!!! You're blessed in Christ.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by sinequanon: 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
PastorKun:
However, he claims the one place where he expected to find help turned a blind eye on his predicament and his pleas for help fell on deaf ears.

He has decided to move to a new church...

How many churches does he need to go to before he stops turning a blind eye to his own predicament?

5, 6?

After they have all finished ripping him off, he should thank them all for opening his eyes to his real predicament.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by ebiskem(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
vooks:
Certified board idi0t..
Charity is not a right he is entitled to

Thanks bro, just to add, People who believe this man is right in is action are actually the ones making a big mistake. First, the man was not in any way coerced to make an offering, tithe or a donation in church. He did all these willingly knowing fully well a church is not a bank where u save your money for later withdrawal. On the other hand as a church, I believe they were wrong for not extending a hand of fellowship to a brother in need but again, it should be known to all that such a law suit will not hold water anywhere in the world
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
Dragonking:

You are the one who remains blinded and ignorant. I have butressed all my statements with quotes from the bible while you are yet to even quote one verse to butress yours. U can think whatever you wish but dont come here to spew trash wen u have little or no knowledge about a topic or even d bible. OLODO!

Lmfao okay go and sue your church then. SWERVE!
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Dragonking: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
MissGdope:

Lmfao okay go and sue your church then. SWERVE!

That's what this man is already doing. Gobe!
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
www.nairaland.com/2023185/court-ruling-erastus-akingbolas-properties

Erastus Akingbola paid tithe to Daddy G.O. despite stealing N200 billion.

And the so called G.O. collected it. Not minding the source of the tithe. Same from Cecilia Ibru.

Now Akingbola is in detention. "Daddy G.O" has moved on to prey on the next donor, not minding where it came from.

My point:

Paying tithe will not save you. If it could, the God we serve will rebuke the devourer for your sake. Or no be the scripture una dey always quote?
How come the devourer had not been rebuked on Akingbola's behalf despite being a heavy donor?How come he is chilling in jail while his stolen property is being auctioned? Or maybe that does not fall in the category of devourer?
Or what happened to the windows of heaven that these ninnies slways quote from Malachi 3:10.? How come Akingbola is not under the "open heavens" despite paying hefty tithe? Im sure the criminal is asking himself these questions as he cools off in prison.

im not even going to the sheer points of this issue that raise serious integrity issues on "Daddy G.O." .
How he sccepted stolen money,failed to verify the source, and now that he knows it was stolen, whether he returned the said money donated by a thief.

There is a reason why God detest giving what doesn't belong to you including tithes. But apparently the so-called proponents of "Abraham tithed before the law" are either too dull or too corrupt to know that that particular episode cannot and will not be used as a standard for the said "tithing", even if they haul insults from now till kingdom come.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by JUBILEE2000: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
StarBoard:
www.nairaland.com/2023185/court-ruling-erastus-akingbolas-properties

Erastus Akingbola paid tithe to Daddy G.O. despite stealing N200 billion.

And the so called G.O. collected it. Not minding the source of the tithe. Same from Cecilia Ibru.

Now Akingbola is in detention. "Daddy G.O" has moved on to prey on the next donor, not minding where it came from.

My point:

Paying tithe will not save you. If it could, the God we serve will rebuke the devourer for your sake. Or no be the scripture una dey always quote?
How come the devourer had not been rebuked on Akingbola's behalf despite being a heavy donor?How come he is chilling in jail while his stolen property is being auctioned? Or maybe that does not fall in the category of devourer?
Or what happened to the windows of heaven that these ninnies slways quote from Malachi 3:10.? How come Akingbola is not under the "open heavens" despite paying hefty tithe? Im sure the criminal is asking himself these questions as he cools off in prison.

im not even going to the sheer points of this issue that raise serious integrity issues on "Daddy G.O." .
How he sccepted stolen money,failed to verify the source, and now that he knows it was stolen, whether he returned the said money donated by a thief.

There is a reason why God detest giving what doesn't belong to you including tithes. But apparently the so-called proponents of "Abraham tithed before the law" are either too dull or too corrupt to know that that particular episode cannot and will not be used as a standard for the said "tithing", even if they haul insults from now till kingdom come.

I just pray people will learn from Akingbola"s experience. People should discover God for themselves and not rely on one "big" man of God whose heart might not be right before God. I was talking to a pastor "friend" concerning the deceit called firstfruit and to my suprise he told me he knew but that they needed the money to solve problems. Where do we go from here brethren?

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by rocgirl: 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Poor thing!
He'd have no grounds to sue church on if he were me! Jesus knows..! gringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Is Using D Strongest Satanic Power.code 0012. Beware! / Baptism: Archbishop Andries Moeti Drowns Before Church Members (Photo) / Prophet Paul Abam Caught Burying Charms In Someone's House In Cross River (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.