Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (58646 Views)

He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? / Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
chrisviral:

Noted! Even Psalms said so!

Not because a book said it,I said it!
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by UpLoyo: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
PastorKun:

Actually the church is liable. Churches promise their members financial prosperity if they tithe. They also promise that no devourer shall affect their finances. In the case of this man the financial prosperity promise did not materialise, his finances got devoured and the church even refused to do it's primary responsibility of bringing succour to down trodden members. I believe he has a very good case, he should go ahead and sue. Hopefully he would win the case and other tithe scammers would learn from it.

Which law school did you graduate from? That's a no brainer, unless he gave the money under duress which he didn't. Your believing he has a case doesn't mean squat, law has no feeling.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
asalimpo:

the tithe pre dates the law.
Abraham and Jacob tithed,they werent under d law.
Do u read the Bible at all? Ur comments here are jst a reflection of ur ignorance on biblical concerns.Who told u Abraham & Jacob were not under law? Were these two(2) part of Jesus era? Pls go read ur Bible.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by chrisviral(m): 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
ifeness:

Not because a book said it,I said it!

Whatever rocks your boat!
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Wenom: 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
pastorkun,ur right in a way though ur presentation is nt really ok....ur right based on d fact dt many so-called men of God hv twisted d real reasons behind tithing dt is y most people pay tithes without understanding n then tend to evn b d ones dt suffer most..dz days "men of god"as dey title demselves preach based on coercion,manipulation n domination n den u see peeps giving to God for d wrong reasons n then continue to suffer n d nxt fingy dey fink christianity itself is a lie...my advice is peeps shud take tym to study d word on their own n biliv n depend on God for personal revelations instead of limiting demselves to wah d thieves dt hv com to steal,kill n to destroy say alone..as for dt man whose kirk denied him of help when he needed shud let go n let God hv His way..let God b d judge.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by ICHINONYE(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
Some churches re so wicked, I remember wen I waz lokin 4 job,I aproached my pastor 4help,just 4him to gve my Cv out to rich pple in d church if dey can help me wit a job or help me give it out to som1 dat cud.

But to my shoking belive my pastor told me I don't ned dat,he prayd 4my CV n ushered my out, am notsayn prayin on my CV wz not rite but @d same time d best he wud ve done s to help me connect d way I had wanted.

D same pastor if u want 2gve thite I don't tink he wil treat u like dat dat day,God knos best.

4me I walkd out of d church n neva came back simple.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by martineverest(m): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dis is my first time of hearing about tithe number....nigerian churches are too desperate
StarBoard:

I've bern unable to attend service for 3 consecutive sundays due to a combo of factors.
these people who know me by my tithe number but nit by name have not bothered to ask me what is preventing me from Sunday worship.
No calls or text from even members of the group I belong to.
It is a shame because I sort of identify with what the complainant is getting at.
Forget the issue of tithing and wanting it back. to these so called pastors im just another tithe number. When there is a need for you to contribute to they will start bombarding you with texts and calls, even showing up at your doorstep at odd and inconvenient times.
They start assaulting your sensibilities with all kinds of strategy of blackmail to extract cash from you for their so-called need.
Case in point:
Early last year Daddy GO wanted to movehis school to Ede, what did he do?He instructed his parishes to collect an additional "tithe". They shifted pastors within zones so as to lighten the burden of familiarity on them and thus convince the congregation to give.
It's debatable that you should pay tithe in the first place as a Believer yet some old man wants to levy you an additional 10% to "solve" what is essentially his personal issue.

Back to the issue. if you are looking for succour from thr church when in need,you might want to think again. RCCG is more concerned with how much a parish cam generate hence they go about this senseless church planting,not minding what kind of doctrine is being peddled from such churches or the quality of individuals raised in these churches. They simply care about how much your pocket is worth to them.

I just pity the guy who is threatening to sue because nothing is going to come out of it. these churches have sdopted positions where they can be seen as government friendly to avoid taxation and possible litigation (I.e. the TB Joshua case).
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by hijaynation(m): 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
me nor belive all dis man of God....thats y i still say catholic is d best......tho i dont attend....what we hear in church lately is all about tithe
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
UpLoyo:

Which law school did you graduate from? That's a no brainer, unless he gave the money under duress which he didn't. Your believing he has a case doesn't mean squat, law has no feeling.

So you are saying it's ok for churches to obtain tithes from believers through false pretence?(A.K.A 419) it's well documented that churches make promises to church members when they are manipulating them to give tithes. Truth is that I don't expect the man to win the case but the contradictions that would come up when the churc0h is trying to defend itself in a court case would prove to many that the scriptures most churches use to justify this tithe scam are quoted out of context.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by veyvey: 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
This man need help if no 1 can help him at list his pastor should......put urself in his shoes.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by hijaynation(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
ICHINONYE:
Some churches re so wicked, I remember wen I waz lokin 4 job,I aproached my pastor 4help,just 4him to gve my Cv out to rich pple in d church if dey can help me wit a job or help me give it out to som1 dat cud.

But to my shoking belive my pastor told me I don't ned dat,he prayd 4my CV n ushered my out, am notsayn prayin on my CV wz not rite but @d same time d best he wud ve done s to help me connect d way I had wanted.

D same pastor if u want 2gve thite I don't tink he wil treat u like dat dat day,God knos best.

lol dont mind those pastors dat how am sure one runed his daughter admission not thinkin of others dat av worked hard for d spot
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
martineverest:
Dis is my first time of hearing about tithe number....nigerian churches are too desperate
RCCG practices it.
They give you an envelooe where you record your payment per month. your name and your tithe number is on top of the envelope.When you want to give the tithe youask the usher for your envelope before service quoting your number and they will find it for you. You will then give your tithe in a separate box during the service.
Apparently it is for record purposes.

Trust me that is how it's done in my parish.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
enkay4love:
Do u read the Bible at all? Ur comments here are jst a reflection of ur ignorance on biblical concerns.Who told u Abraham & Jacob were not under law? Were these two(2) part of Jesus era? Pls go read ur Bible.

dyu hav to get sarky un necessarily or ur tongue is itching with insults?
Who told you they were under d law? Give ur facts .

What does "Jesus era" mean?
Or ar u implying that all not in the NT were under d law?

Nothing cud b farther from d truth.
State your facts,if you can.

If ur not som1 who can reason logically and debate intelligently, just slide by.(most of u christian posters here are in these category.)

Otherwise, make ur case.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by nora544: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
StarBoard:

RCCG practices it.
They give you an envelooe where you record your payment per month. your name and your tithe number is on top of the envelope.When you want to give the tithe youask the usher for your envelope before service quoting your number and they will find it for you. You will then give your tithe in a separate box during the service.
Apparently it is for record purposes.

Trust me that is how it's done in my parish.

I know that is tru and I know more about them how RCCg work it is realy that this church is only a businesscenter I know from the first time I see the face of Daddy go that he is not a real christian.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dragonking:

Honestly you don't know your bible. Who told you that it is a choice for the pastor or church to help a fellow christian yet alone a member of their church?..the pastor is mandated to take care of all his members in the church if you don't know.

Jeremiah 23 vs 1-2: “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and
scatter the sheep of my pasture!” declares the Lord.
Therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel,
concerning the shepherds who care for my people: “You
have scattered my flock and have driven them away, and
you have not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for your evil deeds, declares the
Lord.

This verse shows that God will deal severely with any pastor who fails to take care of any member of his congregation.

Truely your heart is wicked for this your comments..Next time if you don't have anything sensible to say or even know your bible properly just keep shut.

You basically just said the same thing!! It's God's duty to "deal severely" with that pastor and not his duty to sue the church! Suing the church is only gonna turn the tables to himself.
God is not a forceful God. He gives people a choice and said choose either good or evil but advises you to choose good. The choice is still yours. Granted it's appalling if the pastor wouldn't help him when he can but it's still his choice to do so and if he chooses not to, God as you said will deal with him. The battle is for God and not for man.
If you think speaking the truth is wickedness then you need to reevaluate your backwards thinking
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
ICHINONYE:

the pastor did the right thing.
Problem is the words on those books you carry to church mean nothing to you.
Are u not alive today?
Didnt you get a job at last (though maybe not what you wanted).
No wonder christianity will continue to b called a white man's religion because they are more honest with themselves.
A white man will say this book says this i'll try it if it fails i'l throw it away. While we'll go to church and be doing things d worlds way.

"Woe unto Him that puts his trust in the arm of flesh" (a bible verse)
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
nora544:

100000 liks

Why is it that nigeria has the richest pastors in the world because they brainwashed their followers, just read that Daddy go build a new school to enrich himself to build his own empire and that is with all this jetflying pastors. I know when a poor member come to a church he will not get help oh no.

I know from a woman in america she is a widow and she live from money from the state so this not much but she can pay her rent and she has food and she can pay her small bill for electricity and that she has extra money she make quilts and when she sell them she gave the little she get from this to a gready RCC pastor who take her money because he has to send every month money to Daddy go.

the next, I can remember benny hinn during a TV program an old woman had a question she has problems to pay her tite because she needs medicine for her husband, what did Benny hinn tel her she should pay the tithe and praying and fasting will help her husband please don't tell me that this is a real christian.

A real christian will help the poor the people who are in need but pentecost/charimatic superstars have lost what it means to be a real christian because they love the money more than God.

A real christian would honour God inspite of financial difficulty.
It's called walking by faith and not sight.
If that woman honours God God will honour her.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by ICHINONYE(m): 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Let's b honest 2our self wat my pastor dis waz so rung, n to ur info I waz stil walkng round Lagos for 3yrs + afta dat day loking 4a job dat neva came,b4 family helpd me in opening a smal busine I run til 2day.

D church did notin in my time of ned n dis same church wil use so many biblical verse to tel u dat ure a thief if u don't gve thite.

To b honest wit u,I left dat church n neva looked back,I erased al about d church in my memory, dis church is @ festac town lagos,its d big church oposite NEPA n Beside d market @ 22road,

Church won't help u in time of trouble it only take God grace to see u tru my broda belive dat

asalimpo:

the pastor did the right thing.
Problem is the words on those books you carry to church mean nothing to you.
Are u not alive today?
Didnt you get a job at last (though maybe not what you wanted).
No wonder christianity will continue to b called a white man's religion because they are more honest with themselves.
A white man will say this book says this i'll try it if it fails i'l throw it away. While we'll go to church and be doing things d worlds way.

"Woe unto Him that puts his trust in the arm of flesh" (a bible verse)
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
As for tithe looting pastors, the bible says Judgement shall begin from the house of God.
It's not for u posters here to rain unfounded accusations on them.
Leave them to God while working on removing the moat from your own eyes.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by nora544: 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
asalimpo:

A real christian would honour God inspite of financial difficulty.
It's called walking by faith and not sight.
If that woman honours God God will honour her.

I know that you are a follower iof this pentecost/charismatic heresy preaching pastors, it is called prosperity gospel which is heresy there is a book you should read it and it will open your eyes because this gospel only enrich this so called Man of God because God is no money printing machine.

Health, Wealth and Happiness, theologians David Jones and Russell Woodbridge characterize the doctrine as poor theology.[61] They suggest that righteousness cannot be earned and that the Bible does not promise an easy life
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Dragonking: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
MissGdope:

You basically just said the same thing!! It's God's duty to "deal severely" with that pastor and not his duty to sue the church! Suing the church is only gonna turn the tables to himself.
God is not a forceful God. He gives people a choice and said choose either good or evil but advises you to choose good. The choice is still yours. Granted it's appalling if the pastor wouldn't help him when he can but it's still his choice to do so and if he chooses not to, God as you said will deal with him. The battle is for God and not for man.
If you think speaking the truth is wickedness then you need to reevaluate your backwards thinking

God will not come down from heaven to sue or deal with any fake/erring pastor or church rather he will open the eyes of men and shame the randy pastor.

Ephesians 5 vs 11: Take no part in the unfruitful works of
darkness, but instead expose them.

This simple verse simply means that we should not support wrong doings and He has given us the power to expose them e.g fake pastor or fake church. The battle is for God and God uses man to do his battles.

Your statement that says that it is the choice of the church or pastor to help a member is totally wrong as I explained previously and also God will not come down to fight anyone, he uses man to do his biddings.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Keluong(m): 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
we catholics dont do such sad
catholics are the biggest pretentious tithing sect.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
ICHINONYE:

Let's b honest 2our self wat my pastor dis waz so rung, n to ur info I waz stil walkng round Lagos for 3yrs + afta dat day loking 4a job dat neva came,b4 family helpd me in opening a smal busine I run til 2day.

D church did notin in my time of ned n dis same church wil use so many biblical verse to tel u dat ure a thief if u don't gve thite.

To b honest wit u,I left dat church n neva looked back,I erased al about d church in my memory, dis church is @ festac town lagos,its d big church oposite NEPA n Beside d market @ 22road,

Church won't help u in time of trouble it only take God grace to see u tru my broda belive dat

oops so sad. Sorry about tht.
Thank God for your family.
Actually,the more i think about it, the more Jesus command to Love one another makes more sense and d more I see that theyll b less pain if christians walked in more Love. Where love simply is doing something for d betterment of anoda without hope of gain or reward to oneself.

I know a christian broda who was lookin for job in choice places , talkng connections connections but it didnt materialise. He's now blaming his well placed retired uncle and all who failed him.
I know this seems like i'm living in fantasy land, but if d bible isnt real and God isnt real, there's no need doing Church and christianity. And d bible clearly says we shudnt look to man for our source. It says my God shall supply all your needs acording to His riches ... If oil is selling for 10% of its value and salaries arent paid and so on how does one believe this verse?
If one graduated with a poor result how does this come true?
The issue is how does a christian benefit practically from the bible?
Churches arent teachg this?
Relatively few.

Forgive the rant . Hope u get my drift.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dragonking:

God will not come down from heaven to sue or deal with any fake/erring pastor or church rather he will open the eyes of men and shame the randy pastor.

Ephesians 5 vs 11: Take no part in the unfruitful works of
darkness, but instead expose them.

This simple verse simply means that we should not support wrong doings and He has given us the power to expose them e.g fake pastor or fake church. The battle is for God and God uses man to do his battles.

Your statement that says that it is the choice of the church or pastor to help a member is totally wrong as I explained previously and also God will not come down to fight anyone, he uses man to do his biddings.

Ok oo. I still stand my what i've said previously. If u wanna remain blind to the truth then that's ur problem cos all what u just said is weak and foolish. The battle is for God. He doesn't need men to fight his battles. This mentality is what is causing all these bloodshed in Nigeria cos pple feel they're helping God. It's madness. I have spoken!
One day we shall all know the truth. cheesy Don't quote me again angry
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Keluong:

catholics are the biggest pretentious tithing sect.
[size=25pt]ignores the nicompoop angry[/size]
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
chrisviral:

Whatever rocks your boat!

Not whatever rocks my boat. That is reality!
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
nora544:

I know that you are a follower iof this pentecost/charismatic heresy preaching pastors, it is called prosperity gospel which is heresy there is a book you should read it and it will open your eyes because this gospel only enrich this so called Man of God because God is no money printing machine.

Health, Wealth and Happiness, theologians David Jones and Russell Woodbridge characterize the doctrine as poor theology.[61] They suggest that righteousness cannot be earned and that the Bible does not promise an easy life
which gospel wud u prefer? Poverty gospel?
Wat is everybody breakng their neck doing d 9 to 5 for? Isnt it for health wealth and prosperity?
If anybody shud prosper who shud it be? Those tht will use the prosperity to fund terrorist or those who will use it to do more good in the earth.

The christian church shud wake up and aggressively seek to know how to resources else they'll forever b irrelevant to d unbelieving world.
Take tht ur book and burn it because its written by peeved bigots.
Yeah, som ministers are abusing their offices but tht doesnt negate the fact tht the church has been seriously hoodwinked by d devil.
On one extreme ar those who believe material gain is a sign of godliness then theyre those who believe this world's goods are evil tht poverty is godliness. Both wrong.

In this world, money is power.
And that's y tithing is an act of sanctifcation on all ones increase, inviting God to sanctify and bless the rest 90%. It is spiritually symbolic.
In the new testamnt, Peter gave his boat to Jesus, first, tht was like an act of dedication , Jesus in turn blessed his nets.
God created 7 days, then set aside a part for himself- all His.
God created many nations but set aside one for Himself.
Of the first born of every children a family had, one was to b set aside for God,the first born.
When Jesus rose, the first born , He first went to Heaven, before
He allowed any1 touch His body.
How much more in money issues?
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Eziachi: 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
asodeboyede:
UNBELIEVABLY BELIEVABLE!

Unbelievably: because it's quite strange!
Believable : because I think the man actually said it!

We must realise that when God promises us blessings in return for our tithes, such blessings transcends all what our seemingly limited human brain can absorb! It is beyond monetary growth! Until we come to the glare and fundamental meaning of God's blessings, we would still continue to hold Him a liar! I think the said man was not taught enough or was only being rude by growing a thick skin to this TRUTH!
When and how did God made this promises? I thought that his son thought that you pray for only your daily bread? How does a daily need equates to all these so called prosperities and riches or was it a question of telling greedy people what they wanted to hear and they fell for it?

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by nattyGENT: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
eunisam:
frustration has a way of affecting one's brain negatively.
Anyway,how much is the grand total of the tiths,donation and others. Oga you are still owning the church for the chairs,landed property and the shelters and even the prayer and preaching(sermon) you received from the church in 15 years.
you sound like a co-fraudster feigned MOG... What is the essence of church, "to milk it's members dry or provide succour in time of need". No pastor's prayer without the faith of the recipient can work etc

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by donbenie(m): 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pastors,duping members since 1860..

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by donbenie(m): 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
Stupidity and Religion..Bread and Butter..
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 10:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
JUBILEE2000:

lets assume ur argument is right, how many times did they tithe n how far have you twisted d scriptures now to make believers part with 10% of their income monthly as d case maybe..TITHE IN CHRISTIANITY IS A FRAUD..the Apostles in d early church knew this that's why they never collected tithe...may God who opened my eyes of understanding through this forum open the eyes of other captives of this fraudulent doctrine.

tithe is not and will never b a fraud. First, you as an earthly citizen part with as much as 50% of your gross income to various categories of tithes and levies.
And you dont call d governmnt a fraud.
Yet a paltry 10% is gettg you guyz rabid!
If you're going by d argumnt tht tithe is OT and as such done away with,note Jesus didnt come to abolish d law but fulfill it.
E.g, the OT had laws like kill not, dont bear false witness, no graven images etc
in the NT it is fulfilled as a Love commandment.
In the OT, a man can ogle a woman and walk scot free ,in the NT its more stringent, dont even entertain d thought in ur heart.
In the OT, an eye for an eye ,in the NT, turn d other cheek!
The NT fulfillment of the OT laws are simply higher in demands. None of the OT laws just dissappeared they were replaced by higher standards.
Animal sacrifice was replaced by the ont-time sacrifice of God's Son.
Now, following that trend of logc , if tithe were 10% in OT, how much wud it b in NT? It wud simply be far higher. So all u arguing shud pay 50%

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Prophet Paul Abam Caught Burying Charms In Someone's House In Cross River (Pics) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Husband At Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's 55th Birthday Party / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.