Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark (23219 Views)

N5m Falls From Bullion Van In Lagos (Photo) / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Whizzdom(m): 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ebubeslym:

and you think u made sense?

Just admit you didn't knw how to pronounce wot i wrote grin

Illiteracy is always a problem in Nigeria ...

Go for adult education grin grin grin
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by OneDemola: 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
I wish it will fall more so we can finally divide this useless country.

What does the price of crude dropping have to do with splitting this country? If you thought your comment through, you'd realize that you'd be worse-off if you decide to split, given the various state government's (outside a Lagos State) extremely poor IGR efforts.
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by hungryboy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
I see America's hand in this, all in their bid to stifle the Russians, and destroy their economy that depends on oil and it allied products, the used their gulf puppets to make the price of crude the way it is,
atleast the Russians have enough billions in their sovereign wealth fund to survive this phase until the saudis are tired of selling their crude at a loss, same cannot be said of our country,
i bet before christmas, if the price of crude remains as it is, we will be paying 150-170naira per litre of fuel
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by IYANGBALI: 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
I wish it will fall more so we can finally divide this useless country.
chisos!
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
there is no end in sight for the price crash yet.
price is below the pivot point on all time frame, it has also broken out of bearish channel.
the first chart is the weekly,, the second is the daily while the third is the 4 hourly chart.

i see Brent is set to hit 69.99 before 10th of December .

my personal opinion

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by IYANGBALI: 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
hungryboy:
I see America's hand in this, all in their bid to stifle the Russians, and destroy their economy that depends on oil and it allied products, the used their gulf puppets to make the price of crude the way it is,
atleast the Russians have enough billions in their sovereign wealth fund to survive this phase until the saudis are tired of selling their crude at a loss, same cannot be said of our country,
i bet before christmas, if the price of crude remains as it is, we will be paying 150-170naira per litre of fuel
na to go buy donkey or camel to dey ride now
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by anonimi: 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
voltron:

There is GOD in this Country
1: Nigeria is the only African country with the highest deaths of children under age 2 due to malaria There is GOD in this Country
2: We spent N40 Billion Naira on Water in 2014 and still yet Mai Ruwa and Pure Water is what 30-35 percent of the population survives on, only a mere 10 percent get access to Government water Nation-wide, 3 percent, have bore holes and the remainder of the nation drink from streams, There is GOD in this Country
3: So far we have had reported violent deaths from Boko-Haram/Fulani herdsmen and ethnic clashes totaling 143,000 thousand in 2014 alone There is GOD in this Country
4: Nigeria needs $2 billion in Q1 of 2015 to cushion the effects of Oil prices drop yet we have squandered over $60 billion between 2010 and 2014 There is GOD in this Country
5: Nigerians spent more than N200 billion between 2011 and 2014 buying property in the UK alone There is GOD in this Country

Please GOD have we not suffered enough and paid so much into your bank to get the best performance from you. haba Baba GOD you are no different from GEJ if this is all you can offer Nigeria in 60 dog-gone years

You wrote very well but ended very badly by focusing SOLELY on our president when you should know that in a democracy there are INTERDEPENDENT roles and clearly established constitutional responsibilities.

I have already shown how the 36 state governors were always UNITED to ensure our excess over benchmark price is shared rather than saved.
Moreover, TAP water provision is the work of the 36 state governors and as you rightly stated they budget money but do NOTHING while screaming president this, presidnet that to divert the attention of their clueless fellow citizens shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by ooshinibos: 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
we have not seen the benefit of oil to Naija anyway ..so it makes no different to us ...only the politicians gain from oil and gas and a few oligarcs .. during the boom there is no free educaton , free healthcare , so whY should we care GEJ , stuff it Naijas

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by nora544: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
hungryboy:

sorry what you write is not realy tru.

Russia is not as strong as it looks.

I can remember when the oil countries play with us cat and mice in 1970 years.

The oil from the OPEC is only 30% of the oil the world need.
At the moment nobody knows if Lybia and Irak could sell the oil what they want.

The emeriates also didnot need the money from the oil realy they have invest in tourism.

Saudia arabia could make it with thid oil price for about 2 years.

That is what I hear in the news in my country.

When the oil price is under 80$ it is also a problem in america because it is very expensive how the american get the oil.
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Hilaskee(m): 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
Bad leadership, no doubt
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by kepal99(m): 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
davodyguy:
with the election coming and Jonathan who spends money anyhow on campaign, Nigeria is in big trouble
. Sorry ehhh, its BUHARI u want... So buhari will not spend money. Someone who said he couldn't afford the nomination form but could chatter jets for his political ambitions. Wait for him... God will nt even allow him to rule ds nation again
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Ebubeslym(m): 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
Whizzdom:

Just admit you didn't knw how to pronounce wot i wrote grin

Illiteracy is always a problem in Nigeria ...

Go for adult education grin grin grin

keep wallowing in abject ignorance
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
SO CAN NIGERIA NOW BALKANIZE PEACEFULLY, SINCE THE ND OIL IS NOW VALUELESS.
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by davodyguy: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
kepal99:
. Sorry ehhh, its BUHARI u want... So buhari will not spend money. Someone who said he couldn't afford the nomination form but could chatter jets for his political ambitions. Wait for him... God will nt even allow him to rule ds nation again
same way God will not allow Jonathan rule beyond 2015
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
anonimi:

You wrote very well but ended very badly by focusing SOLELY on our president when you should know that in a democracy there are INTERDEPENDENT roles and clearly established constitutional responsibilities.

I have already shown how the 36 state governors were always UNITED to ensure our excess over benchmark price is shared rather than saved.
Moreover, TAP water provision is the work of the 36 state governors and as you rightly stated they budget money but do NOTHING while screaming president this, presidnet that to divert the attention of their clueless fellow citizens shocked

You are right it is not solely GEJ, but GEJ is the fall guy for every problem.. all the others are hiding their butts and pushing blames very well except him
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by saintneo(m): 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
franciskaine:
Let it fall even below $30, make our yeye politicians and unserious Nigerians get sense. The price of oil has been over $100 for years now, far above our budget benchmark yet no meaningful savings for the rainy days. Some unscrupulous elements will come here and start shouting GEJ till 2019.

But it was the Rivers Governor CRA that was accusing the Finance Minister NOI of witholding “their” money under the guise of illegal excess crude account.

Furthermore, during the presentation of the national budget the joint house of senators & reps rejected lowering of the benchmark so as to have more money allocated to their fake constituency projects.

NB I am non partisan.
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
They have been warning them for YEARS. YEARS. This did not come from nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
Its high time we look other sides for revenue.Shale oil is causing problems now.

SWEAT TOO MUCHthen we need to talk.
Sweatfree team
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by anonimi: 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
voltron:

You are right it is not solely GEJ, but GEJ is the fall guy for every problem.. all the others are hiding their butts and pushing blames very well except him

However we as eternally VIGILANT citizens should not let them, right
When we don't ALSO focus on all these other leaders looters we short change ourselves big time!
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by cocoduck: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=OneDemola post=28418310]

What does the price of crude dropping have to do with spli

Rubbish. How many Biafrans do you know that survive on government salaries alone? Yes there will be teething problems but how can that be compared to when you evil Nigerians destroyed the whole of Biafran land? Did we die? to hell with IGR bastardos

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by shafanik: 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
IF OIL PRICES FALL, THEN WHY SHOULD OUR GOVT INCREASE THE PRICE OF FUEL?
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by maasoap(m): 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
When these mofos running our economy announced their austerity measures, I just laughed. Austerity measures that didn't reduce the presidential fleets from about 11 to 2 or 1 (with additional 2 to 3 to be delivered soon). Austerity measures that didn't slash political office holders' salaries and allowances. Austerity measures that refuse to address leakages in the economy. Hahaha!

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by akarich007(m): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Saudi Arabia has pegged their budget on $65 per Barrel so we should plan towards that price regime. AURSTERITY
Adesiji77:

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/economy-under-threat-as-oil-price-falls-below-73/
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by cocoduck: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
At masoap
those are professionals not MOFOS
get it? you should let it sink deep into your thick skull
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by joe17: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
franciskaine:
Let it fall even below $30, make our yeye politicians and unserious Nigerians get sense. The price of oil has been over $100 for years now, far above our budget benchmark yet no meaningful savings for the rainy days. Some unscrupulous elements will come here and start shouting GEJ till 2019.
but bros, our problem no start 4yrs ago naa
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Adminisher: 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
executithor=omenka post=28416782]In Okonjo Iwahala's voice: Do not panic, we got everything under control.

Let then keep adding Jets to the presidential fleet, building First Lady Mission House for tens of billions, and import stoves for billions too!! I think the country's got a bottomless trough of money from where the government could make incessant withdrawals to finance their strings of highly useless projects.

#Ride on Jonathan. We are solidly behind you!![/quote]

At least three new jets were added to the presidential fleet. The airforce is lacking combat aircraft to fight Boko Haram but in six months they have acquired 6 civilian executive aircraft and at least 4 new VIP helicopters in addition to a Boeing 747 a year ago that is just parked doing nothing. When people criticise the president as clueless there are many facts. I suspect the man spends 24 hours a day not thinking creatively about anything at all. Just a dumb automaton occupy the office for people who are exercising the power and stealing the money.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by tochex4real: 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
Oil price has reduced drastically. That means the price of PMS in Nigeria should be reduced to 40 naira. The price for one barrel is now 40 dollars per barrel. From my calculationtion, d price is meant to b 40 naira
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by piagetskinner(m): 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
That is not even my worry...my worry is the dollar-naira equivalence #not good 4 business at all
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by kenx1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Yawa don gas
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by White007(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Oil is going to keep falling because we are in a moment in time where every oil producing country (except for a few) thought they would always "get" a good profit from their oil and didn't sock much away for the "rainy" days... so now they are going to have to keep pumping while supplementing their little "rainy" day funds to offset their government expenditures... that is why prices will keep falling, not one who is an oil exporter can afford to shut off the pipes because they need whatever money they can get to contribute to their governments.... oil is going to fall more... it's oversupply vs. demand... this is going to get interesting! The one thing I will say is there will also be more unrest in the world because those governments who can't spend money on their people anymore are going to be cornered... you will see more uprisings in countries (poor people get hungry and when the government can't feed them... well.. it's just like hundreds of years ago in kingdoms) so they will change one ruler for another... don't know if will help... I guess it depends on the ruler... if it get's real bad, even the world bank won't be able to help... so then it will come down to no one is happy in those oil producing countries and there will be not only regime changes but perhaps really bad deals made by some to stay in power with countries who are not democratic but have a pile of money to "help out" as needed.... the 1st one on the short list who is already getting funds from China is Venezuela and they are burning through the money like more will come when they run out... however, what might show up is going to be China demanding concessions because of the 22 billion they "loaned" the country... oh, like I said... it's going to get interesting and people in power will ensure they get their pound of flesh!
Re: Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark by Fourwinds: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
U can see dat d countries trying to cut production in order to stabilize d price are visionless countries. When u fail to plan, u plan to fail. Our leaders have been looting and dis is d result

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Considers Ending Dollar Cash Sales To BDCs / Why You Should Be Extra Careful When Shopping For Christmas / Simple Steps To Develop A Second Source Of Income In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.