Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) (79574 Views)

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by PRINCEWAHAB88(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
How about Master programmes? How can i get more information?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ghost mode lectures and lecturers;when u don't know ur colleague or lecturers,but you"ll write exams and pass....what's the use of school don't pass tru u....
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by abysirius(m): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
G12:
there is nothing like campus life menh!

2 of their students in my neighbourhood don't look like students at all.
That sounds childish! As humans, our wants sometimes aren't exactly the same. Some people just want that future... Not dis thing u called 'Campus Life'. ..Lautech Class '09 and I now work with a colleague in the same org. She encouraged herself with ATS when Uni admission wasn't forthcoming. She was going from home and went all d way to become chartered. She's about the only one in our team that didn't finish from any of our universities yet she earns more. That's someone's testimony. So no one cares about any bullshit campus whatever!

People should focus more on their primary objective of going to school.. Afterall, that's almost what matters after graduation. Get a good degree and earn dt dream future.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by SENESCO(m): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
virginboy1:

chaiii mogbe', the issue is that i have already been admitted into ODL UI and Paid the fees.
There is nothing i can do to retract from the programme.
I just Pray and hope they will modify their lapses.
How I wished I saw this orientation before taking steps.
Eeyah! Well, I wish you well.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by baba11(m): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
Can I still graduate. Come January. Next. Year

I'm about rounding off my thesis #msc infotech

I just pray I should graduate with first class

4.51 without. Thesis no be beans ooooo

Baba God.... na. Your hand I dey. Oooooo cool :oOooooo
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by jorhney(m): 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
I rep NOUN student 300 level first semester Akure cheesy
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Revolva(m): 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
I was a student of NOUN damm I saw hell about 4 yrs ago..it was so slow n they don't give me my materials I paid fand every one was droppin out...but now its as fast and they are trying ...sha...but the school fees is now increasing due to the e - access of the school exam method...and all these mosquitoes jambites are rushin there now...but one thing I will advise student don't study science based course there and law...its bleeped up no space for praticals
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by rawbaba(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2014
Evathyst:
Thank you o! Plz Bro, I want u 2help me with d following questions:

1- How much is there school fees?
2- How often does lecture take place there? Everyday, Every weekend, or during d summer holiday.
3- Wat procedures will one follow to get admission into the school.
4- Do their graduates go for NYSC?

I think dts all for now, might contact u if I still have other questions. Please Sir, ur timely response will be highly appreciated. smiley

For 1st question...Depending on d course you are studying,we pay every semester,like me,I paid 28K for course then 6k for exam fee..making it 34k...so it depends on course
2nd question....d school provides facilitation for students..so it depends on ur tym table...bt is not. Must,u must attend lectures,cos d school is meant for both workers ad non workers....
3rd question...no procedure required,jst go any zenith bank,purchase d form..then go noun site ad do d registration
4th question....once u r above 30 years,u won't go NYSC service,u wil be giving an exception letter...ope u cleared
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by rawbaba(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2014
PRINCEWAHAB88:
How about Master programmes? How can i get more information?

Go to noun.edu.ng to find out
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by drogs(m): 9:59am On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=akubudejud post=28418511]NOUN....NOUN....NOUN

...you come in as a nobody but graduate as a somebody.

-probably as a computer illiterate but graduate with vast knowledge of the computer.

-there is no bribing in the University.

-no short cut to pass.

-there is very low room or zero tolerance for examination malpractices.

-NYSC very sure.

-there is no room for laziness.

-no time to waste.

-no strike to waste our precious life.

-relatively cheap.

-Access to all Federal/ State and cooperate body scholarship

-no room for awaiting result/statement of result but graduate and get your certificate/Degree immediately.

- all courses accredited by NUC (confirmed)

*many frustrated Nigerian students is now hopeful for higher education.

How do you mean No bribing, are you telling me obasanjo, ini edo and desmond elliot read their way alltru? Liar. You even said NYSC very sure, you for even add law school very sure also. Lol. Joker like you. NOUN is for old and Lazy people or people that are xtremely busy to study. Its not a school for young vibrant and ambitious people
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Evathyst(f): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
rawbaba:

For 1st question...Depending on d course you are studying,we pay every semester,like me,I paid 28K for course then 6k for exam fee..making it 34k...so it depends on course
2nd question....d school provides facilitation for students..so it depends on ur tym table...bt is not. Must,u must attend lectures,cos d school is meant for both workers ad non workers....
3rd question...no procedure required,jst go any zenith bank,purchase d form..then go noun site ad do d registration
4th question....once u r above 30 years,u won't go NYSC service,u wil be giving an exception letter...ope u cleared
wait o, seems I don't wana bliv wat I'm hearing. If d person is less dan 30 b4 graduation, so u mean d person can still serve? Was thinking maybe NOUN graduates don't serve sha. Plz, how much do Mass Comm stdnts pay as their tuition fee?

Lastly, thanks so much 4 ur response. Will add u now so dt we can probably discuss some other logistics. Actually, it's for my Sister, but I wana make all necessary findings so dt I'll know how to persuade her. Cos wen it comes to admission stuff, she has never had it smooth. I wish she get tinz ryt ds tym around sha.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Duru009(m): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
Yes pals. I have been getting alot of calls and whatsapp msg from nairalanders regarding open university as a staff. Okay. For those that reside in LAGOS. If you need help regarding online admission into NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY. Pls call dis person. 07031603985 or 081b3201897 or you can also add her on whatsapp.ONLY those in lagos. Wish u luck.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2014
Bennyberry:
More like a part-time school actually

..you are very wrong here you know, many student running the so called full time courses in the universities may come in and even fail if they are not serious.

It is not a part-time school at all because your all day and life must be committed to your studies if you want to graduate.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2014
lilcutie8916:
Can't study engineering in noun

..you can see no faculty or school engineering was mentioned.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 8:48am On Dec 01, 2014
chloe7:
But the council of Legal education expressly and specifically stated that noun is not accredited for law because it is a part time school and law can't be studied part time, although the school is a good one.

..very WRONG indeed!

don't say what you are not sure of my brother NOUN law is recognised I have many backups...!

By the way the school is never a par-time school.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 8:51am On Dec 01, 2014
Bennyberry:

..you are very wrong here you know, many student running the so called full time courses in the universities may come in and even fail if they are not serious.

It is not a part-time school at all because your all day and life must be committed to your studies if you want to graduate.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2014
chloe7:
But the council of Legal education expressly and specifically stated that noun is not accredited for law because it is a part time school and law can't be studied part time, although the school is a good one.

..very WRONG indeed!

don't say what you are not sure of my brother NOUN law is recognised I have many backups...!

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2014
Bennyberry:

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 8:55am On Dec 01, 2014
chloe7:

..very WRONG indeed!

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 01, 2014
akubudejud:

..very WRONG indeed!

noun is a distance learning school everyone knows that. Secondly I studied law undergraduate degree so you can't tell me what I know, if you have evidence post it here because I have posted mine here already in my previous posts, stop arguing blindly, how many noun students are in law school! NONE
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2014
G12:
there is nothing like campus life menh!

2 of their students in my neighbourhood don't look like students at all.

..simple question. WHO IS A STUDENT?

someone in the campus well dress skipping classes gyrating,partying, but decided to pass by all means through cheating.

OR

someone not well dressed probably not too rich studying so hard to pass his exam in a school where cheating is not allowed.

OR

maybe someone claiming studentship by living in the four wall of the University Hostel faking as a student.

My question again ..WHO IS A STUDENT?

4 Likes

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2014
chloe7:
noun is a distance learning school everyone knows that. Secondly I studied law undergraduate degree so you can't tell me what I know, if you have evidence post it here because I have posted mine here already in my previous posts, stop arguing blindly, how many noun students are in law school! NONE

..No argument Bro. that you are a law student doesn't make you a law. concerning the number of students in the law school wait and see as only time will explain everything not every University in Nigeria was reconsidered the day they were established.

...and wait a minute why are you trying to fight this, the sky is always large enough for everybody to excel NOUN or no NOUN that shouldn't border you in as much does student studying there are not complaining to you...this is just the same NIGERIAN PROBLEM OF MY OWN IS BETTER THAT MY OWN IS THE BEST EVERY OTHER PERSON IS INFERIOR.Self....self....self!!!

many are yearning for Higer Education.... but you are here fighting because you feel better of because your school or course studied is not in Nigeria, the thread is not to proof superiorrity but to help others to be better.
What I know is that people are happy going to school to acquire Knowledge .Thank you for you contribution though!

2 Likes

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 10:36am On Dec 01, 2014
jmoore:

So all graduates from Unilag, UNN, OAU etc are not jobless, huh?

...imagine! I guess all the jobless graduate in Nigeria today school In UK.

tnks for your response!
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 10:43am On Dec 01, 2014
doyinofficial:
can u help me in gaining admission for postgraduate.

..you don't need anybody to do that , Visit the site if you are qualify you will know and probably get admitted no intermediaries.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2014
angelo82:

So does that mean you can enroll from outside of the country?

NO! you may access info for admission fill forms but your screening is in Nigeria,you do your work online any where and your exams in your school or centers in Nigeria, the beauty is you can transfer studentship to any state of the Federation and still be a student, many displaced students in troubled area in the North are studying peacefully down south without any distortion of studies at all.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 11:02am On Dec 01, 2014
seansifo:
If you're in need of "only certificate" go to Noun but if you need something 'up there" and certificate abeg no think of Noun

#Futarian

I bet you, you as a person can not get a simple certificate from NOUN. Talk-less of a Degree.

I laugh when I read your comment, that something is new doesn't make it valueless many Nigerians miss good opportunities because of lack of information.

I graduated from FUTA I studied Geology in 2000 Did my postgraduate in Geophysics 2008 also Attended NOUN for another PG and When I concluded my project work I told my friends that NOUN gave me the toughest time during my work compare to others..

Hello bro. Futarian STOP this it is not fare to say things you did not know well..!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 01, 2014
akubudejud:

..No argument Bro. that you are a law student doesn't make you a law. concerning the number of students in the law school wait and see as only time will explain everything not every University in Nigeria was reconsidered the day they were established.

...and wait a minute why are you trying to fight this, the sky is always large enough for everybody to excel NOUN or no NOUN that shouldn't border you in as much does student studying there are not complaining to you...this is just the same NIGERIAN PROBLEM OF MY OWN IS BETTER THAT MY OWN IS THE BEST EVERY OTHER PERSON IS INFERIOR.Self....self....self!!!

many are yearning for Higer Education.... but you are here fighting because you feel better of because your school or course studied is not in Nigeria, the thread is not to proof superiorrity but to help others to be better.
What I know is that people are happy going to school to acquire Knowledge .Thank you for you contribution though!
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 01, 2014
akubudejud:

first of all i'll like to correct your misconceptions you have due to you not either properly reading or understanding all my posts, i'm not a law student I am a law graduate, I don't have anything against noun and I still maintain that stand, but why study law in noun when you can't go to law school once you graduate I believe what is worth doing is worth doing well so let's say it the way it's meant to be because what I am saying is a no news most people know it but the few people who don't know i'm trying to pass the message across, i'm not saying my school is better than anyone's school as I never said that in any of my posts so please don't twist anything I write, thank you
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 11:51am On Dec 01, 2014
chloe7:
first of all i'll like to correct your misconceptions you have due to you not either properly reading or understanding all my posts, i'm not a law student I am a law graduate, I don't have anything against noun and I still maintain that stand, but why study law in noun when you can't go to law school once you graduate I believe what is worth doing is worth doing well so let's say it the way it's meant to be because what I am saying is a no news most people know it but the few people who don't know i'm trying to pass the message across, i'm not saying my school is better than anyone's school as I never said that in any of my posts so please don't twist anything I write, thank you

..good! are we still friends? it is well!
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
Omotolu:
...they have exception letter from NYSC

.. Undergraduate go for NYSC except your age exceed the official age simply like any other University in Nigeria!
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
blaquemyc:
Are their application forms on sale now?

NO! the portal is closed for the year till January .Remain blessed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

French Teacher Who Covered His Body In Tattoos Banned From School (Graphic Pix) / Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC / Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.