Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) (79755 Views)

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
Abajosax007:
old people's school.

WRONG AGAIN!...are there no old people in U.I, OAU and the likes, Well, visit the centers (see for yourself because we are in a dynamic world now those who can see opportunities are tapping it already before it becomes too late)

...by the way do you know that age doesn't have anything to do with the acquisition of knowledge?

3 Likes

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
edogho:
i'm looking at studyin chemical engineering or industrial chemistry. do they offer such courses? how do i apply? how much is d fee? just that for now sire...

..No Core Engineerinsg courses or program yet, just visit the site you will be cleared.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=dmcdad post=28441483]
Is this not the same NOUN my friend attends that he gets all answers to the exam questions even before he says jack? He gets 80-85 at every course. Me go dey get 100/100 be that for sure.

Graduate with CGPA of 5.0 if I attend this school.

Well, to each its own. Who go say him mama soup no sweet?[/quote

..Very ridiculous!..which center or state did this happen please kindly mention the state and center otherwise beware of contagious lies indeed...(people are Just afraid of change)
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by doyinofficial(m): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
akubudejud:

..you don't need anybody to do that , Visit the site if you are qualify you will know and probably get admitted no intermediaries.
Thanks
thanks can I have your contact.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by sammykm2030: 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
akubudejud:

.. Undergraduate go for NYSC except your age exceed the official age simply like any other University in Nigeria!

Noun students have not been cleared for NYSC. Not yet, though they are working on it. But exception letter is sure
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
PurestBoy:

No 4 is not true, I know a lot of their students, they don't have lecturers so what they buy is only handouts. They don't go to class. NOUN was meant for elderly people that didn't go to Uni and are working class but now most of their students are young boys and girls that are afraid to write Jamb and go to standard school

They don't buy handout but after your payment is made you are given all your material (books) for the semester which you can also download from the school e-library

.. PLEASE STOP this ARGUMENT! as it show how we are so afraid of change, many of our old professor today used the analogue phone in their days but am very sure today that they are sticking tightly to their ipads, iphone and the likes as am typing now enjoying todays technology.

Open University is a worldwide thing and one of the newest world development today to move mankind to the next level, why fighting it?

If you must know I did my first degree and second in a Federal University and latter went for another PG degree at NOUN. I was disappointed to discover how people including myself was wrong about the school if not for anything but for the very short time of existence and the development so far which is a mouth opening one,

It doesn't matter even if their law students do not go to law school yet which many other Universities surfers same fate sometimes before, we have many now using this opportunity to get educated before it becomes something you may not be able to get access to again.

Many old Universities do beg people to come and study in those days and my father is GOOD example and the same University seems so difficult to get into now.

My fellow NIGERIANS why do we always condemn our own thing meanwhile other Open Universities in the UK and China for example are celebrating theirs..how do you think China is moving on? until we (citizen) are all educated completely no meaningful progress will be made.

Please, be Informed that I have tasted the regular Universities and NOUN and I can say this....If you are not serious or ready to study hard please don't go to NOUN because you may not graduate. being camped in a PLACE is not all about education in this 21st century, you can earn your 1st degree to PhD level even without really being in a CAMP(US).Things are changing very fast indeed!!

..it is well, Nigerians!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by samseen02(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
Do NOUN students go for NYSC? A sincere answer pls
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by sammykm2030: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
samseen02:

No, not yet
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by HerMajestyB(f): 5:57am On Dec 02, 2014
[quote author=akubudejud post=28416493]Welcome to NOUN!

The National Open University of Nigeria is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution, the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. The university has an exciting platform where learning is not only easily accessible, but also affordable.

The vibrant university, at present, has 54 study centres spread across the nation. It has a student population of over 120, 000. The university is also recording landmark achievements. It was recently rated 7th position among universities in Nigeria and 86th position out of the 100 universities in Africa by Webometric International. In addition, NOUN was given the European Quality Award in Education 2011 at Oxford, UK, among others. Indeed, the university is well prepared for you...

School of Science and Technology

School of Agricultural Sciences

School of Law

School of Education

School of Health Sciences

School of Management Sciences

School of Arts and Social Sciences

Centre for Life-Long Learning and Workplace Training
Good day.... Please I'll like to know the requirements to be a student in the open university! And all the available departments! Tnx
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by LOVEGINO(m): 6:18am On Dec 02, 2014
G12:
there is nothing like campus life menh!

2 of their students in my neighbourhood don't look like students at all.
oooooook! They shud sag n b carrying their bagpack n be roaming around abi? Small pikin still dey worry u.

2 Likes

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by jokunle(m): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
[quote author=HerMajestyB post=28516803][/quote] m sure i Dont need literature for po. sci... next year October i will enrol... i need to make money now
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by HerMajestyB(f): 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
rawbaba:

For 1st question...Depending on d course you are studying,we pay every semester,like me,I paid 28K for course then 6k for exam fee..making it 34k...so it depends on course
2nd question....d school provides facilitation for students..so it depends on ur tym table...bt is not. Must,u must attend lectures,cos d school is meant for both workers ad non workers....
3rd question...no procedure required,jst go any zenith bank,purchase d form..then go noun site ad do d registration
4th question....once u r above 30 years,u won't go NYSC service,u wil be giving an exception letter...ope u cleared
Please is the form still on sale? Will love to enroll for the part time, and want to get it next week! Pls! Need an urgent reply. And u can also help tell how to get the form! Tnx
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by olumbha(m): 8:54am On Dec 06, 2014
Pls someone should explain d meanin of TMA
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by onojemma: 1:21am On Dec 07, 2014
Hi all,
NOUN students go for NYSC...confirmed.
NOUN is good.

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by write2obi(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
onojemma:
Hi all,
NOUN students go for NYSC...confirmed.
NOUN is good.
i tot they don't? Pls how sure are you about this?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by onojemma: 7:42am On Dec 08, 2014
write2obi:

i tot they don't? Pls how sure are you about this?
Very sure.If you are not ready to study really hard,don't go there.

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by write2obi(m): 8:08am On Dec 08, 2014
onojemma:

Very sure.If you are not ready to study really hard,don't go there.
Sincerely? Do u know any Noun student that served?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by jorhney(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
As from january Noun will be using jamb result as part
of their requirement.. how true is this

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
olumbha:
Pls someone should explain d meanin of TMA

......tutor-marked assignments (TMAs)
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by onojemma: 8:20am On Dec 09, 2014
write2obi:

Sincerely? Do u know any Noun student that served?
YES.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by write2obi(m): 9:48am On Dec 09, 2014
onojemma:

YES.
Drop ur mail ad or phone number pls i want to talk with u.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by dayo229: 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
any health science student here?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by jorhney(m): 8:29am On Dec 16, 2014
can one go for masters in US after having Noun result?!?

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by etingi(m): 11:31am On Dec 22, 2014
Good morning, I need information on Direct entry into Law as second degree. I aka graduate of economics and I desire to study law. Thank you
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
samseen02:

Copy from NOUN website......

'If you are here it means you are a graduating student, Please take note of every bit of information on this page.

Very Important Notice to all Graduating Students...
REGULARISATION PROCESS TOWARDS NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) SCHEME
I write to inform you that as part of our preparations towards undertaking the National Youth Service, All graduating students are expected to regularise their admissions process. The sum of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N3, 500 :=) only is to be paid for the regularisation process.

To this end all students are mandated to pay the said regularization fee into SKYE Bank Account No. 1770364597.

Graduating students should however note that only names of students who have made this necessary payment would be forwarded to the National Youth Service Corps for consideration.

The deadline for payment is Friday 21st December 2012 for all graduating students. Thank you.
All Graduating Students are to Download and Fill the Clearance Form Below;

NOUN Student final Clearance form 3.pdf

Please note that this form will be required to be filled and presented at your various study centers.

CHECK THE WEBSITE AND BE CONVINCED...!

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by samseen02(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
akubudejud:

'If you are here it means you are a graduating student, Please take note of every bit of information on this page.

I write to inform you that as part of our preparations towards undertaking the National Youth Service, All graduating students are expected to regularise their admissions process. The sum of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N3, 500 :=) only is to be paid for the regularisation process.

To this end all students are mandated to pay the said regularization fee into SKYE Bank Account No. 1770364597.

Graduating students should however note that only names of students who have made this necessary payment would be forwarded to the National Youth Service Corps for consideration.

The deadline for payment is Friday 21st December 2012 for all graduating students. Thank you.

Please note that this form will be required to be filled and presented at your various study centers.

thanks 4 d info. Dis means dat a NOUN graduating student can serve provided he/she has paid d required fee
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by jorhney(m): 12:40am On Dec 23, 2014
akubudejud:

December 2012?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 9:05am On Dec 23, 2014
jorhney:

December 2012?

..that shows a backdated time of NOUN graduate going for NYSC, Why the payment are part of clearance procedure peculiar to all higher institution in Nigeria.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by honourableseyi: 11:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
samseen02:
thanks 4 d info. Dis means dat a NOUN graduating student can serve provided he/she has paid d required fee

Till today, No NOUN graduate has ever been mobililised for NYSC but you will be given exemption letter. Regularisation fees has been on since 2012 or something like that; but going to service has remained a mirage untill they work on the law that established NOUN. So also admitting NOUN law graduates to law school has been an effort in futility so far.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by kwaifa23(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Pls I want to study PGD in IT at NOUN can you enlighten me more about the Certificate. Btween a Part time in Conventional University or NOUN. I want to build my lecturing career in High Institution.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by ladipeacemaker(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
I really like this school
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hey guys, I'm glad I came across this thread. I have learned a lot already. However, most of the procedures I read here ended at the part where you're done will online application. I want to know, what next after printing the provisional admission letter and what are the items needed for registration (MSc)?

Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC / Ado-Ekiti Poly Rector Accused Of Investing N1Bn Lecturers Salaries In Bitcoin / MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.