Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) (79743 Views)

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by rawbaba(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2014
Evathyst:
There website ke? I do rather seek information from an outsider dan rely on d phantom lies posted on d skul's website. Biko, if u know anyone who is an underG of ds skul, kindly refer me to him.

Peace smiley

Am a student of NOUN...am in 300level,studying communication technology...so wat is it,u wana knw abt d school
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2014
chloe7:
no it is not, check every where on the internet. The council of Legal education expressly stated it and specified noun.
...contact the school for proper info.cheers.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2014
Omotolu:
No, they are not, both in law and in fact!

Although both the NOUN and NLS are establishments of the Federal Government of Nigeria, there is a CLE Act and LPA Acts setting up the law school and as well determining intake. NOUN and a number of other private schools have no such legal footing and also without curricular contents for law school. NOUN is not yet an accredited institution to run law Degrees in Nigeria. By law the Nigerian Council of Legal Education (CLE) as well as the National University Commission are saddled with the responsibilities of accrediting courses in higher institutions. The Legal Practitioner’s Act also stipulates (LPA) the basic conditions of training required of a would be lawyer. The CLE especially has not yet accredited the NOUN for any of the conditions which includes (1) A definite Faculty system, (2) Moot Court (3) Certain subject contents. The best a NOUN law student can do is go to known accredited university.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2014
Omotolu:
we have the internet and the Nigerian law school for information and I studied law too, so you can check, it's no news that law isn't accredited in Noun at all, noun students can't go to law school, cheers too!
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2014
chloe7:
No, they are not, both in law and in fact!

Although both the NOUN and NLS are establishments of the Federal Government of Nigeria, there is a CLE Act and LPA Acts setting up the law school and as well determining intake. NOUN and a number of other private schools have no such legal footing and also without curricular contents for law school. NOUN is not yet an accredited institution to run law Degrees in Nigeria. By law the Nigerian Council of Legal Education (CLE) as well as the National University Commission are saddled with the responsibilities of accrediting courses in higher institutions. The Legal Practitioner’s Act also stipulates (LPA) the basic conditions of training required of a would be lawyer. The CLE especially has not yet accredited the NOUN for any of the conditions which includes (1) A definite Faculty system, (2) Moot Court (3) Certain subject contents. The best a NOUN law student can do is go to known accredited university.
...NUC accredited NOUN's Law programme last year April ,while NOUN is still working out CLE accreditation...

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by dharamanil(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2014
G12:
there is nothing like campus life menh!

2 of their students in my neighbourhood don't look like students at all.

We don't need to be In a campus to live the campus life, we live it errday.. The best of campus life is to either have lots of babe, small talks everyday, no bed time curfew and no restrictions..... All present in noun...... but all na 4 pikin

5 Likes

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Jamean(f): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2014
Incredible!..where they even sort common assignment.

akubudejud:
NOUN....NOUN....NOUN

-there is no bribing in the University.

-no short cut to pass.

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Evathyst(f): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2014
Omotolu:
...people of zero faith.I finished my MBA in the school,and I follow simple website info.
As u wish Sir! U may describe me as a person of little faith, but trust me, I know wat I'm doing. Anyways, tnx 4 ur response sha. wink

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2014
chloe7:
we have the internet and the Nigerian law school for information and I studied law too, so you can check, it's no news that law isn't accredited in Noun at all, noun students can't go to law school, cheers too!
...few NOUN's law graduates are in the Nigeria Law School.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2014
Evathyst:
As u wish Sir! U may describe me as a person of little faith, but trust me, I know wat I'm doing. Anyways, tnx 4 ur response sha. wink
...I don't imply my response as an insult on your personality.do check out the school website,you will be ok.wish you well,buddy.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by FaskRolce: 10:23am On Nov 29, 2014
I want to know if the school awards bachelor degree just like other universities?
Do the law graduates from NOUN also go to law school?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Evathyst(f): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2014
rawbaba:

Am a student of NOUN...am in 300level,studying communication technology...so wat is it,u wana knw abt d school
Thank you o! Plz Bro, I want u 2help me with d following questions:

1- How much is there school fees?
2- How often does lecture take place there? Everyday, Every weekend, or during d summer holiday.
3- Wat procedures will one follow to get admission into the school.
4- Do their graduates go for NYSC?

I think dts all for now, might contact u if I still have other questions. Please Sir, ur timely response will be highly appreciated. smiley
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by blaquemyc: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2014
Are their application forms on sale now?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2014
Omotolu:
I don't agree with this because as at April this year the Nigerian council of Legal education through punch news papers still said that noun wasn't accredited to study law.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2014
FaskRolce:
I want to know if the school awards bachelor degree just like other universities?
Do the law graduates from NOUN also go to law school?
they award B.Sc's but they don't go to law school.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 29, 2014
old people's school.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2014
Omotolu:
http://www.punchng.com/columnists/pocket-lawyer/legal-education-in-nigeria/
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by udemzyudex(m): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2014
erayo2GCA:

that man is not Akpabio...

Hmmm...
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Lekison(m): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2014
Slonge2:
I can never attend any school OBASANJO attended.

why?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Lekison(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2014
constance500:
Noun is a name of any person, animal places or things.

We were taught that in Burundi
grin[quote author=constance500 post=28421519]Nice one
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Kazrem(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2014
CBNIM:

Hmmm, SCAM ALERT! Why send her a private message (pm) when she asked an open question? No shady deals /secret transactions here please, if you have answers to her questions post them here so others can benefit too! Post the answer here if you have no ulterior motive!

beware of people you meet here, all that glitters are not gold.

Hmmmmm, smh.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Kazrem(m): 10:40am On Nov 29, 2014
Evathyst:
Acknowledged! Will get back to you soonest.
I want you to note the username cbnim and get back to him whenever I scam you so that he can publicly say it.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by jimharry21(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=Slonge2 post=28420368]I can never attend any school OBASANJO attended.
that is why u can never dream of what he has achieved as a person.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by cesareborgia(m): 10:47am On Nov 29, 2014
Does the Nigerian Law School recognizes NOUN??
akubudejud:
Welcome to NOUN!

The National Open University of Nigeria is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution, the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. The university has an exciting platform where learning is not only easily accessible, but also affordable.

The vibrant university, at present, has 54 study centres spread across the nation. It has a student population of over 120, 000. The university is also recording landmark achievements. It was recently rated 7th position among universities in Nigeria and 86th position out of the 100 universities in Africa by Webometric International. In addition, NOUN was given the European Quality Award in Education 2011 at Oxford, UK, among others. Indeed, the university is well prepared for you...

School of Science and Technology

School of Agricultural Sciences

School of Law

School of Education

School of Health Sciences

School of Management Sciences

School of Arts and Social Sciences

Centre for Life-Long Learning and Workplace Training

School of Postgraduate Studies

Access and General Studies

Centre for Lifelong Learning & Workplace Training

.While wishing you a pleasurable and rewarding time as you study in NOUN, let me tell you that the rewards of hard work are many. So, keep this at the back of your mind as you go about translating your big dreams into reality.

Vice Chancellor's Prof. Vincent A. Tenebe

Discussion Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/144162/national-open-university-nigeria-noun
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=jimharry21 post=28440031][/quote]hahahaha, very funny coming from a nonentity and total flop.. abeg, go back to your miserable existence. Mtchew
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 29, 2014
chloe7:
I don't agree with this because as at April this year the Nigerian council of Legal education through punch news papers still said that noun wasn't accredited to study law.
...NUC accredited NOUN law programme,that's the commission responsible for accrediting university programmes.CLE will do the same.visit NOUN HQ in Victoria Island,Lagos.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by edogho(m): 11:00am On Nov 29, 2014
Kazrem:

Pm sent.
SHARE HERE NOW, PLS. I NEED SAME INFO
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Kazrem(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2014
edogho:
SHARE HERE NOW, PLS. I NEED SAME INFO
Read up. What you are not clear about, ask here.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by tonididdy(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2014
rawbaba:

I hav an ND in acct...is it possible to apply for direct entry to 200lvl at noun?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 29, 2014
akubudejud:
NOUN....NOUN....NOUN

...you come in as a nobody but graduate as a somebody.

-probably as a computer illiterate but graduate with vast knowledge of the computer.

-there is no bribing in the University.

-no short cut to pass.

-there is very low room or zero tolerance for examination malpractices.

-NYSC very sure.

-there is no room for laziness.

-no time to waste.

-no strike to waste our precious life.

-relatively cheap.

-Access to all Federal/ State and cooperate body scholarship

-no room for awaiting result/statement of result but graduate and get your certificate/Degree immediately.

- all courses accredited by NUC (confirmed)

*many frustrated Nigerian students is now hopeful for higher education.

Is that Baba Iyabo am seeing or somebody else who look like him shocked

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by charlesopp(m): 11:14am On Nov 29, 2014
I'm considering doin ma nursing degree prog dere.
But u knw our pple now, if u dnt spend 10yrs in OAU, UI or any of dose a-list uni, u are not seen as been serios or doin somtin tangible..

Buh frm wat I jus read here..4k it!

NOUN all d way

2 Likes

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by edogho(m): 11:20am On Nov 29, 2014
Kazrem:

Read up. What you are not clear about, ask here.
i'm looking at studyin chemical engineering or industrial chemistry. do they offer such courses? how do i apply? how much is d fee? just that for now sire...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC / MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service / Ado-Ekiti Poly Rector Accused Of Investing N1Bn Lecturers Salaries In Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.