Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. (30049 Views)

UNICAL Produces 12 First Class As 7,222 Graduate / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by tonychristopher: 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
after 222 1st class we will achieve 666 1st class there then we proceed to 999 1st class ...all join
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by tonychristopher: 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
UI

Null Seconded

Archmed:
University of Ibadan
Nullis Secundus!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by nigerianvenom(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Tinubu:
If it was Covenant or some private university that churned out so many first class graduates, some cokeheads will come here and start misyarning about how hopeless and ludicrous private unis are...

Now, it is UI, I am waiting for you all to come and tell me how the standard of education there has gone to the dogs angry
By the way
Congratulations to all the graduands jare, especially those who made first class....The sky isn't your limit, but your stepping stone !

dont mind those fools
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by HouseOfBalloons(f): 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
All these bad belle people

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
Vicel:

Wow! God would help u achieve it. I like it when parents speak greatness into d life of there kids.
A first class degree should be d target of every student. some may say 1st class wit nothing to show 4 it is it pass degree DAT is worth d while or appreciating Tufiakwa
Even if I don't l8a make it d future would be better when we have pple who re Zealous n ready to lay d Standards n not imitate Mediocrity or Lowlife target.
Amen tanks bro am inspired
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
Tinubu:
sir, I read the article... It boils down to an average of 111 first class graduands in each session... It is still on the high side

That's about 3% of the total graduates!!! How is it on the high side o?
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Does this change the unemployment situation of the country? Mchew **listening to Yanni - Point of Origin**
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by harmony940(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
GboyegaD:

Funny enough, my perspective was that those sadist now give A's when you work hard for it.
That's it,in fact u need to have a first class connection,to secure a good job!
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Tinubu:
If it was Covenant or some private university that churned out so many first class graduates, some cokeheads will come here and start misyarning about how hopeless and ludicrous private unis are...

Now, it is UI, I am waiting for you all to come and tell me how the standard of education there has gone to the dogs angry

By the way

Congratulations to all the graduands jare, especially those who made first class....The sky isn't your limit, but your stepping stone !
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
Tinubu:

By the way

Haba.....u mean 4 3 different sets any1 wuld criticise d sch 4 havn such amount of 1st class?.....d standard is stil so high, n d students r just gud enough to hav merited dr 1st class degree.....so dnt bring in private universities here
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by thiefnubu(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
prinznazzy:

Haba.....u mean 4 3 different sets any1 wuld criticise d sch 4 havn such amount of 1st class?.....d standard is stil so high, n d students r just gud enough to hav merited dr 1st class degree.....so dnt bring in private universities here
bros, na two different sets, not three...pls use ur glasses... That's why you have them
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by chrisxxx(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
Don't be surprised. In this era of information technology it is very easy to hit first class. Most lecturers especially in public universities have not come to realise the versatility of internet. They still set questions such as discuss, mention and others which can easily be surfed on net with promptitude. Secondly, in those days u could spend the whole day in the library looking for a particular information. Who does that today? In the comfort of your home you can exchange information with a student in the UK. We should not jealous them they are fortunate. They are contemporary students. Even at that some of them are not utilizing the opportunity to its fullest.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by kepal99(m): 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
Wey DELSU get only one (1) First Class for 2 sessions!
#team_Sadist_Lecturers

I trust delsu, d lecturers dey use the A's dey build estate. Until they complete the project, no A's for students.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by tete7000(m): 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
Tinubu:

By the way

that number is over two sessions and if you consider what fraction of the total graduands that is, it still not as significant as those given by private universities.
220 is 4% of 5000
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
niggereyez:
that's impressive!

....if they did deserve it, then congrats to both 'em and d lecturers.

...modified. ..
back then in school, during my clinical exams, a Professor of Paediatrics said to me... "we are doing Nigeria an honour by failing you students"...
I still passed the course wit a gd margin (though not distinction).... but it left me asking whether these lecturers are truelly out to help students' academic performance

just noticing ayam FTC...
buh dats non of my business grin
Your own is even better, when I did my surgery clinicals, an external Examiner asked me the total length of the colon I answered 135 without adding the unit, the man said....did you do Anatomy and I replied yes......he asked, And you passed? I said yes sir, then my lecturer chirped in " he had a distinction in Anat" the examiner looked me from head to toe and said " you dont know that units of measurements is important in Anatomy,look you dont deserve that distinction and you will pay for it in this your final year, little things matter in medicine and if you could neglect measurement units, then you aint ready to be a medical doctor. He now asked " I hope that you know that if you fail clinical that your written is useless and I answered yes sir and he said "Then your passing will be a miracle". Men I almost died that day, I prayed all types of prayer in this world... Thank God sha, I later passed.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Tinubu:
bros, na two different sets, not three...pls use ur glasses... That's why you have them
Oooohhh.....either way its nt just 1 set....unilag records a lil over or a lil below 100 graduates most sets....so 222 doesn't mean a drop in standard....I had a lecturer dat lectures in private uni as well as mine (futa)...he wuld say he can never set d set of qstns he wuld 4 d private uni 4 us...
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Xtfield(m): 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ebubeslym:
ist class ?
shocked shocked shocked shocked

chisos!!!

that school must really be one of the best.....

modified******
bt
i bet you some persons amongst these ist class graduates cant write their names well.
Not UI maybe some other university
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by redcliff: 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ebubeslym:
ist class ?

chisos!!!

modified******
bt
i bet you some persons amongst these ist class graduates cant write their names well.
its not in UI. Im sure you dint go to a university. If you did, you would know firstclass can never be bought
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by GboyegaD(m): 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
harmony940:
That's it,in fact u need to have a first class connection,to secure a good job!

I really don't believe you need connection to secure jobs. All we should pay for is time and chance.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
kepal99:
I trust delsu, d lecturers dey use the A's dey build estate. Until they complete the project, no A's for students.
na d 5 million wey state government dey give 1st class graduates (Deltans) dey pain dem
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by alomeda600(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=tete7000 post=28425286]
that number is over two sessions and if you consider what fraction of the total graduands that is, it still not as significant as those given by private universities.
220 is 4% of 5000[/qu[quote author=IlorinBoy1 post=28423119]Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! una don spoil market for first class grad na! embarassed undecided Down UI!
It won't happen here in France tho! ;like Nigeria graduates don't make distinctions abroad..mumu..
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by redcliff: 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
mitnick:
Nice 1. I hope private companies can invest on the 1st class students instead of spending stupidly on celebrities that has nothing to offer the community.

Well anywhere in the world, those celebrities are worth more than the firstclass graduates in nigeria combined. You should open your own company and employ all of them.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
Tinubu:

By the way

Bro... nice werds... if na Private uni.. all d mofos for don dey yarn dust.... Congrats to d graduated...
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by redcliff: 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
na d 5 million wey state government dey give 1st class graduates (Deltans) dey pain dem

Do they still do that thing? I have a friend. We were scul mates in university. He cane out with a firstclass. And his senior brother came out with a firstclass in covenant too...and they were given. Awesome right?
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by tete7000(m): 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=alomeda600 post=28425710][/quote]
You are mannerless. Dindinrin
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Appswheel(m): 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
when Unilorin turned out 48 first class students, i sensed better days are here for undergraduates of federal institutions. Unibadan has just coonfirmed it. Individuals with a first class certificate everywhere now. What is the hope for 3rd class students? It is self realization and self education. The heights you will attain in life not tied to your grade.

I invite u to visit my educational portal for advice, inspiration and motivation. address speltout vertically below.
w
w
w
k
n
o
w
b
a
s
e
c
o
n
s
u
l
t
c
o
m
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
redcliff:

Do they still do that thing? I have a friend. We were scul mates in university. He cane out with a firstclass. And his senior brother came out with a firstclass in covenant too...and they were given. Awesome right?
Yea....they still do it in Delta State.....don't know about other states
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
redcliff:

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by IYANGBALI: 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ebubeslym:
ist class ?

chisos!!!

modified******
bt
who tolded you that we can't writes our names,I doesn't know why some of you nigeria always underate nigeria graduates,someof of spented 5-7 year in the unifasity and you expected us not to knows how to write our names?pls stop it,it is embarassement to us
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by niggereyez(f): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
chimoz:

Your own is even better, when I did my surgery clinicals, an external Examiner asked me the total length of the colon I answered 135 without adding the unit, the man said....did you do Anatomy and I replied yes......he asked, And you passed? I said yes sir, then my lecturer chirped in " he had a distinction in Anat" the examiner looked me from head to toe and said " you dont know that units of measurements is important in Anatomy,look you dont deserve that distinction and you will pay for it in this your final year, little things matter in medicine and if you could neglect measurement units, then you aint ready to be a medical doctor. He now asked " I hope that you know that if you fail clinical that your written is useless and I answered yes sir and he said "Then your passing will be a miracle". Men I almost died that day, I prayed all types of prayer in this world... Thank God sha, I later passed.

lol...
they know how to instill fear...
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
My Alma mata. UA second to none. The standard is never compromise.
Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by ShakurM(m): 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ebubeslym:
ist class ?

chisos!!!

modified******
bt
I swear, u've lost Ur bet. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Full Jamb Book: The Last Days At Forcados High School / UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR / New Education System In Nigeria: 9-3-4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.