Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan (39795 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Yakubu Dogara Holds Thanksgiving Service For His New Position As Speaker (photo) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by SuperModerator: 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
It's tribal warlords like that had been making noise that the president neglected yorubas, so tell me, what do think should be his response.
Pathetic people.
why didn't he give to them the ones within his power to elect, like ministerial positions, IGP...
his he the one to appoint the speaker?
he is only trying to gain sympathy from the Yorubas who won't be so gullible to vote him
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by SuperModerator: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
babestella:

Shut up, if Yorubas are not tribalistic, why do you people hate people from the south east so much, why did your LAGOS governor deport the south easterners claiming they are destitutes, go to idi Araba and see destitutes, but because they are Muslims and northerners, he will never touch them. You are just deranged and frustrated, living in self denial of the obvious truth. Despite the fact that Fashola is a lawyer he chose to deny the south easterners their fundamental human right according to the nigerian constitution. Go tell your tribal stories to the goats in your fathers farm. Rubbish. You think abusing GEJ and calling him names will solve your problems or save you from that your bed of poverty?When OBJ was there, which tribe held the speakership position. Why didn't he give it to the south easterners if it wasn't about tribe. What you don't understand is the political equation upon which Nigeria runs as a result of its ethic and religious diversity. You are just a child and so your kind of reasoning is excused.
Hey babe, first of all, I'm Igbo
secondly, I didn't insult GEJ
thirdly, don't insult me again.
thanks Ma
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by SuperModerator: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Donmarrius:
Then why crying of marginalization?
me? never
I don't go with such philosophy

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
lilflipnerd:
I hate it when people take that sillly tribe thing personal...
[size=18pt] AM A NIGERIAN, YORUBA IS MY SECOND LANGUAUGE NOT MY TRIBE OR SOME DIMENSION , IF I HAPPEN TO LEARN IGBO, TIV, HAUSA, ITESEKURE. THEY ALL BECOME OTHER LANGUAGES I KNOW. I DON'T BELIVE IN THAT TRIBAL SHIIT.
#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
#UNITEDNIGERIA [/size]
Ranting of a known tribalist.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by angelo82: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
masterpower:

52% OF THE POPULATION OF LAGOS ARE IGBOS. ARE BOASTING WITH THE IGBOS POPULATION?

GEJ WILL 2015 GENERAL ELECTION.

Lie.........How much is the total population of Igbos in the entire Nigeria?...........
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by adisa009(m): 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
brown3:
keep on decieving yourself. Ur eyez will open on feb 14 2015, u will know that u re on a wrong bot with ur juju master Tinubu and ur rapist father obasanjo.

If its about free and fair election, GEJ/PDP can not win. It is only in pdp I see servant forcing themselves on the master (people). If he is truly a gentlemen, people's servant and democrat as clamed, let him not militarised the polling units in his favor and see how funny Nigerians would dance to his exit songs. It is either he goes home peacefully or be remembered for dividing Nigeria while his hands remained shulcked with human blood. Advise to wathdraw is the best for persistent failure like him but if he refused, he shall be expelled! Lo ba tan.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Ranting of a known tribalist.
is it by force, to b like u
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
masterpower:

52% OF THE POPULATION OF LAGOS ARE IGBOS. ARE BOASTING WITH THE IGBOS POPULATION?

GEJ WILL 2015 GENERAL ELECTION.
Not All Igbos are Tribalist
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by darne(m): 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
A tribalist president,.... What a shame grin grin grin
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by holatin(m): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Yoruba don't need GOODLUCK........
Laff won't kill me.
your brain is outdated, even fools will understand dat I mean the president but ur are fooler than the coolest.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by OAM4J: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
Funny how a meeting that suppose to discuss Yoruba unity dwelled more in disuniting Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Sweetlemon(f): 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
Yeske2:
Nigerians have never been this divided. Jona.daft dividing Nigerians along ethnic and religious lines since 1832 and let's all say a big NO to that crap. The clueless one who i believe doesn't even know which state Chibok or Mubi is located and the saTANists always licking his azz . I'd rather go for a Muslim northerner now than a Christian Southerner, at least GEJ and OBJ are both Christians from the south and did we notice any change? Yar'adua left too soon but we felt him to an extent.

Please don't remind me of Yar'Adua cry

1 Like

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pataki:
What a dumb cow for a President.

1. Playing ethnocentric tribalistic card WILL NOT fly with we the South Westerners again. We are not hungry for positions, as this only serves to enrich individuals and not our society at large.

2. President Gooddunce is really a kindergarten president. No President has the power/authority to choose a speaker. The legislature is not an appendix to the executive. What manner of doofus is this man for goodness sake?! undecided

3. We in the SW, have resolved not to vote for you nor fall again for your childish and foolish stories of deceit nor play the religious and ethnic minority card which you used in 2011.

4. Start packing your load Jonathan. The game is up for you!

1: south Westerners are greedy for positions and corrupt wealth just like everybody else. they all took part in sharing $2 billion poverty alleviation fund that GEJ disbursed as acting president before they kept their mouth shut. it is only the masses u are deceiving

point 2 and 3 stand

4: Just as you cannot remove greed and corruption from our hyena politicians, you cannot remove money factor in politics GEJ will bribe the same broom swinging traitors once more like he does and he will win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
The bleat of a frustrated he-goat! cheesycheesycheesy
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
I see this as a scam just to get the southwest zone to vote for him in the coming elections.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Redstone(m): 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
adisa009:

I don't use words out of context YES mr. GEJ is beast! Mainly literary, a dangerous or strange one. He had done a lot to deserve even more than calling him a beast. He never told me while campaigning dat he would hike the price of petroleum, I voted him in and he did. He promised employment, non till now even as we agreed to believed him when himself and his cabinet members knew we've lost interest in them. What is the impact of the subsidy reinvention program on unemployeed youth in Nigeria? Division of my country men and women on religion, ethnic and tribal basis thereby resulting in hatred nd soul massacre. Today, igbo and ijaws are threatening us "we must reelect Jonathan else, there would be problem" the northerners are also saying that if MGB loose there is going to be war! Who caused this if not d most dangerous GEJ! a power thirst element that used his disloyalty and unfaithful political jimicks to create problems within their party wigs PDP. The fact that I described OBJ as a tyranny does not mean GEJ can not learn from him afterall, we all goes to school to learn from both good and bad teachers at the same time, played and keep friendship with people of good and bad xters yet it doesn't make us a bad person. If only your GEJ is clever and smart enough, he should have gathered enough from OBJ atleast to save him from been clueless, incompetent and been ridiculed nationally. His speech and visit to Awo versity was another political error as other Yoruba elders and leaders would see it as relegation and neglection of their relevancy.

Since 1960, show me any president or head of state who had fulfilled his electoral promises to the electorate. Show me one please. They are all the same bro. It's all about politics
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by iamtheprincipal: 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.
Thank you for being very thorough & objective in your analysis.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
sandijey:
Rubbish. Anyway I am not voting this coming election. But jonathan failed the south-west woefully. Why is he saying all this rubbish now that election is coming. Is it not the same man that said south- east and south- south are the pillar of his government. Where were they when u were relegated to the ground. When turai turned u to kitchen staff!. Anyway the only tangible thing he said was this

particularly Lagos and Ogun states, control 55 per cent of the economy,
I thought I was the only one that saw that.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
michelz:
I seriously doubt if those protesters were students or just ordinary agberos probably organized by opposition to forment trouble. No sane serious minded student would display such dirty,crass impoliteness towards a visiting president. This is as low as it can get. I feel so ashamed for those agberos. Even what their placards read displayed the height of their ignorance. Where were they when the successive military and other governments were ruining the country? Shame! Bunch of uncultured youths!
You feel pained . . . . Sorry did you school in France ?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Curlieweed: 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
I'm amazed too.
Yorubas are usually known to have an independent mind in Nigerian politics, but how on earth a brown toothed Gambari puppet simply mesmerized them into oblivion while stealing them blind is something that calls for an urgent reawakening of a people that are known to have said 'no' to oppression,highhandedness and the ugly born-to-rule-mentality of the Northern Islamaofascist oligarchy.
If anyone doubts me ,they should ask Abacha about his time as a military dictator, let him explain to you how the Yorubas made him a living demon both home and abroad until he died - Abacha was so demonized in such a manner to an extent that he unwillingly succumbed to making a democratic change before death snatched him.But nowadays what we are seeing is appalling as some of these sophisticated people with sophisticated politics are now lining up and plotting to return power at all cost to the Gambaris who ensured that the best and the freest and fair election won by a man that was not only loved by the Yorubas but every other region except for the self acclaimed owners of Nigeria was annulled,himself killed alongside with his wife.
The truth is that the real sons and daughters of Odua knew what to do when the time comes and I'm glad we have a lot them here.

I have stopped paying attention to the vocal minority of Yorubas who claim to speak for the SW. 02.14.15 is just a few days away. When the tire hits the road.. Body go tell Buhari.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
tmotmo:
Another statement from the:-
Most insane Commander-in-Chief in the World!!!
Most Corrupt Head of Goverment in the World!!!!
Head of Genocide Commiters in Africa
Commander-In-Chief, Massive Treasury Looting Association of Africa.

All the above are not mere calling of names, evidences are abound everywhere, some sychophant choose to just ignore.

God Nigeria is place in your hands, please save us all.(Amen)

It shall be well with you for coming out to speak the sole truth. God bless you. Let's all join hands to vote out a tyrant named Mr. President come 2015. I am so happy I have my PVC ready now for the next line of action.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Mumu, senate president is from Benue, last I checked, Benue is a northern state.
I have always said these goodluck supporters are failures , did you read the post I quoted , the lady was talking about obasanjos tenure, which tribe was the president during objs time.am sure you are a secondary school drop out , I see loads of them in ph,the Wilkes supporters that dont comprehend English.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
spankyflex:
but the Yoruba are crying of being marginalised?hehehe
in every situation , you will always find the odds , these people crying are minority.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
spankyflex:
so tinubu isn't corrupt?
where did you see where I said tinubu is not corrupt ?
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Now I know that you've no reason for hating Jonathan other than tribalism.
Repent.
how do you reason ? I don't hate Jonathan , I just love discipline that's all.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
Donmarrius:
Any evidence to prove that it is a minority opinion?.In absence of convincing evidence,i will take it as the majority opinion,because,it came from Afenifere,the apex Yoruba group.
anybody can claim anything.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by braine(m): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were seated there urging them on as they ridiculed awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to come when you visited a great university named after him, as the students chanted and called you and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of your government as you proudly announced to the world as if they were the only regions you that got you elected. Even if they were, should a president be making such divisive statements? I was never a tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for the huge political relevance we are enjoying today. Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured you and only you as he would do your bidding just as the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the people and dropped a transformer too weak to carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show you that you would have just empowered an individual yoruba instead of the whole of them. What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your government enriches individuals only. We are not like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their tribes men political posts. What we want are developments. Am glad you failed in installing mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes anymore.

I rare "like" posts, but I just had to like this. One bottle of beer for you.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Majority of the the votes that mad Tambuwal speaker is from Tinubu's ACN.
he was only working against PDP , like he was an opposition to obj. Are they not of the same tribe. You don't have to support in competencies just because a man comes from your tribe, that's bull rap.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Sharaaaaaaaap, were you not born the time Obasanjo was wooing igbos by claiming that he is a father of many Igbo children.
I am not a fan of obj or GEJ . Get that clear.
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by yashau(m): 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Tribalism is killing you.
you no know before? tongue
Re: I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
sandijey:

You dey mind am. No be d same oil wey don dey almost turn to groundnut oil. Just as d yorubas are saying and have always stood for. That was why he was voted in the first time. Because they felt he deserved to be there and Nigeria does not belong to one person. He got there and said they were doing abgero politics. The same agberos politics that got u votes from their region.

Let the south-south and south-east help him. They are d pillars of his administration. As much as I hate Tinubu, I have seen visible and tangible work going on in most apc states. GEJ has no moral ground to talk about yorubas giving hor to hausa cus he has also breached his initially statement when he was voted in. He said he wasn't going for second term so why d double standard.
I tire jare , my problem is why go against your words , people should Have known this guy was gas , for him to have said he wouldn't stay beyond a term . If he wins I can bet he will wish for a third term . He obviously knows there are visible developments in APC states and it would be hard convincing these guys as he has done nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Disgraces Lola Shoneyin, Wole Soyinka’s Daughter-in-law’ / Photos From The Launch Of Bayo Omoboriowo's Book "Buhari, A New Beginning" / ‘Is Buhari Dead?’ Becomes Most Searched Phrase In Nigerian Internet Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.