Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (654451 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Like I stated earlier,Please do shut up undecided

No I will not. I will keep posting and you will keep reading. Foooool
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
True

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
Us law-abiding Americans don’t have to do something half as bad as Clinton to see jail time, but like her husband she is above the law. But I trust Trump to turn things around.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Donald J. Trump

The system is rigged. General Petraeus got in trouble for far less. Very very unfair! As usual, bad judgment.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
Paul Ryan reacts

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
That is more like it

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Misinformed Stanech at it again.Petraeus gave top secret intelligence to his mistress deliberately.He handed our nations top secret to his mistress and Republicans dear compare him with Secretary Clinton who has been cleared of.Am waiting to see an investigation into Powell and Condi cause clearly we know the scope of the FBI investigation was into mishandling of classified materials with intent on private emails,it has nothing to do with her private server.

#KnowYourDevils.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
President Obama arrives Charlotte on AirFoce One with Secretary Clinton on their first Campaign together.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
Wow! What a day for Secretary Clinton. First, the FBI basically sets her free, then President Obama joins on her on the campaign trail.

Having said all that, I believe that rich and powerful still get preferential and generous treatment within the criminal justice system. And real reforms are needed to ensure that the law is absolutely applied equally to both the rich and poor.

Nonetheless, in Secretary Clinton's case, it was a tough job seeking a criminal indictment on her because she didn't act maliciously. She was only negligent and reckless in her conduct.

Unlike the crimes of murder (1st and 2nd degree) and manslaughter, in which a malicious intent isn't required to bring an indictment against the accused person, the negligent mishandling of classified info which hasn't led to the death of US personnel, or an attack on America isn't sufficient to establish men's rea required for an indictment (and conviction).

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
CFCman:
Wow! What a day for Secretary Clinton. First, the FBI basically sets her free, then President Obama joins on her on the campaign trail.

Having said all that, I believe that rich and powerful still get preferential and generous treatment within the criminal justice system. And real reforms are needed to ensure that the law is absolutely applied equally to both the rich and poor.

Nonetheless, in Secretary Clinton's case, it was a tough job seeking a criminal indictment on her because she didn't act maliciously. She was only negligent and reckless in her conduct.

Unlike the crimes of murder (1st and 2nd degree) and manslaughter, in which a malicious intent isn't required to bring an indictment against the accused person, the negligent mishandling of classified info which hasn't led to the death of US personnel, or an attack on America isn't sufficient to establish men's rea required for an indictment (and conviction).

Being reckless or negligent is enough

Past cases have focused on willful transmission of classified information to outside actors. But that’s not what the rule of law is. The rule of law says that laws must be applied as they are written, and they must be applied equally. Here are just a few of the statutes Hillary clearly violated, according to Comey’s own statement:

18 USC §793. This statute explicitly states that whoever, “entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document…through gross negligence permits the same to removed from its proper place of custody…or having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody….shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.” Comey called her “extremely careless.” That was highly charitable. But even by that standard, Hillary was grossly negligent with classified material. Comey says Hillary had no intent to transmit information to foreign powers. But that’s not what the statute requires.

18 USC §1924. This statute states that any employee of the United States who “knowingly removes [classified] documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.” Hillary set up a private server explicitly to do this.

18 USC §798. This statute states that anyone who “uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States…any classified information…shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.” Hillary transmitted classified information in a manner that harmed the United States; Comey says she may have been hacked.

18 USC §2071. This statute says that anyone who has custody of classified material and “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years.” Clearly, Hillary meant to remove classified materials from government control.

If you want a reform why do you think someone that broke the law is the right person to do it?

Lucas and Valeriansteel were repeating her lies that the emails she got were not classified at the time she received it. Comey said some were. She is getting away with what an ordinary person wont. Disgusting!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You are a complete idiot,a Trump android,highly misinformed,incoherent and undoubtedly not knowledgeable about American systems.Stop pitching arguments on his thread based on what Trump feeds your Twitter handle.You are just as pathetic as the rest of his followers.
You hit the right target. You can't argue with a mental dwarf.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
Missy89:

Past cases have focused on willful transmission of classified information to outside actors. But that’s not what the rule of law is. The rule of law says that laws must be applied as they are written, and they must be applied equally. Here are just a few of the statutes Hillary clearly violated, according to Comey’s own statement:

18 USC §793. This statute explicitly states that whoever, “entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document…through gross negligence permits the same to removed from its proper place of custody…or having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody….shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.” Comey called her “extremely careless.” That was highly charitable. But even by that standard, Hillary was grossly negligent with classified material. Comey says Hillary had no intent to transmit information to foreign powers. But that’s not what the statute requires.

18 USC §1924. This statute states that any employee of the United States who “knowingly removes [classified] documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.” Hillary set up a private server explicitly to do this.

18 USC §798. This statute states that anyone who “uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States…any classified information…shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.” Hillary transmitted classified information in a manner that harmed the United States; Comey says she may have been hacked.

18 USC §2071. This statute says that anyone who has custody of classified material and “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years.” Clearly, Hillary meant to remove classified materials from government control.

If you want a reform why do you think someone that broke the law is the right person to do it?

Lucas and Valeriansteel were repeating her lies that the emails she got were not classified at the time she received it. Comey said some were. She is getting away with what an ordinary person wont. Disgusting!
Americans will decide on November 8 and the party of the demagogues will be defeated in a landslide.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Americans will decide on November 8 and the party of the demagogues will be defeated in a landslide.

Lol. So you will hold your nose and vote for your Criminal? grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
Missy89:

Thanks for the detailed link to the statutes. It looks like Hillary would have spent 12 years in jail if she was indicted and convicted.

But the 80 FBI agents, who conducted the investigation, seemed to be in a merciful mood.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
CFCman:

Thanks for the detailed link to the statutes. It looks like Hillary would have spent 12 years in jail if she was indicted and convicted.

But the 80 FBI agents, who conducted the investigation, seemed to be in a merciful mood.

Merciful mood? More like Corruption mood.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
Missy89:

Lol. So you will hold your nose and vote for your Criminal? grin
FBI Director was appointed by Bush and I doubt if he's a Democrat. He was not in tune with the the right wing wailing crowd. Yes, I will enthusiastically vote for Madam President in waiting. ABT. Anyone but Tramp.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lucasbalo:
FBI Director was appointed by Bush and I doubt if he's a Democrat. He was not in tune with the the right wing wailing crowd. Yes, I will enthusiastically vote for Madam President in waiting. ABT. Anyone but Tramp.

He was Appointed by Obama in 2013. Does that even matter? FBI is a subordinate of the Justice department.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Missy89:

He was Appointed by Obama in 2013. Does that even matter? FBI is a subordinate of the Justice department.

I thought he was appointed by Bush before Obama reappointed him in 2013. Anyway, we know that there is no indictment coming and Comey just confirmed that. Looking forward to the destruction of the party of Lincoln in November. I don't like that because I sincerely believe we need vibrant two party system for Checks and balances. Hopefully, GOP will regroup after November.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I thought he was appointed by Bush before Obama reappointed him in 2013. Anyway, we know that there is no indictment coming and Comey just confirmed that. Looking forward to the destruction of the party of Lincoln in November. I don't like that because I sincerely believe we need vibrant two party system for Checks and balances. Hopefully, GOP will regroup after November.

So it does not concern you that she received classified email but lied they were classified after she received them through her private server which is against the law? Hmm

Like I said before, Progressives don't care about the law.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lucasbalo:
He served as Deputy Attorney-general in the Bush administration. But he was appointed FBI Director by Obama

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
Missy89:

Merciful mood? More like Corruption mood.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
CFCman:

He served as Deputy Attorney-general in the Bush administration. But he was appointed FBI Director by Obama
Ok. My bad.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Missy89:

So it does not concern you that she received classified email but lied they were classified after she received them through her private server which is against the law? Hmm

Don't forget about Trump University that was set up just to scam people. Still waiting for Mr Republican touch bearer to release his taxes.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
Missy89:

Agreed she received 100 classified emails while Powell and Condi regularly had classified emails on their private emails but no one has bat an eye about that.We also know 2000+ emails were upclassified a year after she left the State Department.

I've stated clearly that she broke protocol,her actions were unethical and she flouted the rules.My standing is,if we are to really be clear minded about this,her predecessors did just this even worse in sense that they had classified materials on their emails all the time.We should be more concerned about an administrative problem within the State Department and not why one woman out of others did it.

Clearly the environment Hillary found herself in when she became Secretary of State enabled her use of private email.We should be talking about why did the last three feel comfortable using personal emails.

Secretary Clinton was wrong,those before her have down worse,Bush did worse,he ain't out hanging today.We can either forgive this and move on to a new chapter that completely erodes this negligent attitudes of State Department officials or we can keep whining about why one person out of others isn't indicted.The FBI has made a clear unbiased decision and the DOJ is bound to respect it.Let's move on to make sure that Kerry and others after him understand what they would be getting into when they disregard protocol and ethics of office.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
grin grin grin

Today went from Pic1 to #He'sWithHer kiss

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
#We'reWithHer and you better be too.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Don't forget about Trump University that was set up just to scam people. Still waiting for Mr Republican touch bearer to release his taxes.

Lol. Lets stick to the topic here. We are talking about clinton emails. The one she claimed was not classified when she recieved them but the FBI just said some were.

Why are you trying so hard to support a candidate that broke the law?. Trump might be an azzhole but he was not under fbi investigation. Stick to the topic sir

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Agreed she received 100 classified emails while Powell and Condi regularly had classified emails on their private emails but no one has bat an eye about that.We also know 2000+ emails were upclassified a year after she left the State Department.

I've stated clearly that she broke protocol,her actions were unethical and she flouted the rules.My standing is,if we are to really be clear minded about this,her predecessors did just this even worse in sense that they had classified materials on their emails all the time.We should be more concerned about an administrative problem within the State Department and not why one woman out of others did it.

Clearly the environment Hillary found herself in when she became Secretary of State enabled her use of private email.We should be talking about why did the last three feel comfortable using personal emails.

Secretary Clinton was wrong,those before her have down worse,Bush did worse,he ain't out hanging today.We can either forgive this and move on to a new chapter that completely erodes this negligent attitudes of State Department officials or we can keep whining about why one person out of others isn't indicted.The FBI has made a clear unbiased decision and the DOJ is bound to respect it.Let's move on to make sure that Kerry and others after him understand what they would be getting into when they disregard protocol and ethics of office.

This is what comey said. Word for word

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

So in short there was wrongdoing but we will not press charges!!

This single decision will move people from never trump to maybe trump since liberals dont want to play by the rules.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:05am On Jul 06, 2016
Missy89:

Lol. Lets stick to the topic here. We are talking about clinton emails. The one she claimed was not classified when she recieved them but the FBI just said some were.

Why are you trying so hard to support a candidate that broke the law?. Trump might be an azzhole but he was not under fbi investigation. Stick to the topic sir
Thanks for acknowledging the leader of your party is an azzhole according to you. Nothing more to add here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:21am On Jul 06, 2016
Missy89:

Why are you trying so hard to support a candidate that broke the law?. Trump might be an azzhole [/b]but he was not under fbi investigation[/b]. Stick to the topic sir
Missy you trying so hard now.

Trump University lawsuit still in court.
Child rape allegation yet to be investigated.
Thousands of Trump business lawsuit.

Hell,dude got more baggage than Hillary does,from today,he's the one with a rocky campaign if any of these surface in bad light soon.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:23am On Jul 06, 2016
Missy89:

This is what comey said. Word for word

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

So in short there was wrongdoing but we will not press charges!!

This single decision will move people from never trump to maybe trump since liberals dont want to play by the rules.
Same way there was wrongdoing in Powell and Condi and yet no charges brought before them undecided
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 12:26am On Jul 06, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Same way there was wrongdoing in Powell and Condi and yet no charges brought before them undecided

They are not running for president of the united states. They are private citizens and the lastbtime i checked the justice department are not investigating them

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.