Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,092 members, 7,838,753 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (658352 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
Democratic congresswoman Corrine Brown indicted on 24 counts of fraud. Looks like when they are not taxing their cities to the grounds, they are busy robbing their constituents.

Another Clinton Super Delegate?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Missy89:

Oh really? So you dont like it when someone is using your playbook against you?
How is this comparible?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Missy89:
Democratic congresswoman Corrine Brown indicted on 24 counts of fraud. Looks like when they are not taxing their cities to the grounds, they are busy robbing their constituents.

Another Clinton Super Delegate?
Cause you guys are angels right?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lucasbalo:
That soulless lady is just whacked. Water is running through her veins not blood. She would never criticize the errant officers but she would quickly attack Obama. I really doubt her authenticity since she won't sho her face. At least you and I are not hiding our faces.
She has a job to defend her views and we have a job to address or redress them.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Cause you guys are angels right?

ValerianSteel:
How is this comparible?

You just made my point
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are spot on. This is happening because the police departments in US are being infiltrated by White Nationalists and Racists. They carry badges and guns and terorise minorities. Simple as that. Those two guys do not deserve death penalty. When did officers because Jury. judge, and executioner ?. Some Brainstem will come and defend their actions covertly and blame Obama and Democrats.
Some times not too long,a video went viral about two Swedish officers on vacation in New York who handled a crisis on a train involving two African American men.The men were restrained and I could hear in the video one of the Swedish cop ask the guy he pinned down if he was okay and not in pains cause he was restrained.

I was awed cause I know if these were our cops those guys would have a gun pointed to their heads even when pinned down.

See the difference-Our cops see the gun as their first and last resort in crisis management while the Swedish cops used intelligence and non-life threatening tactics while taking into account the dignity and respect inalienable to the two men they had pinned down.

Can't we learn from this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
New Reuters/Ipsos poll has Hillary leading Trump by 12.7 points after Comey's testimony in Congress.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Apparently the shooter was an Army reservist.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
70% of Americans oppose colleges considering race when making admissions decisions.

And 65% of Americans oppose the recent Supreme Court ruling on affirmative action: 66% Whites, 63% Blacks and 65% of Latinos disapproved of the Supreme Court decision.

76% of Caucasians, 50% of Blacks and 61% of Latinos think college admissions should be based solely on merit.

67% of Whites, 57% of Blacks and 47% of Latinos say race should NOT be a factor in admissions decisions.

This should be music to the ears of Republicans and conservatives.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:34am On Jul 09, 2016
ValerianSteel:
She has a job to defend her views and we have a job to address or redress them.
You are spot on. I went overboard and I apologized. What really gets me about her is not feeling for the dead ones. Even After seeing the videos but she can say that Obama was the cause of what happened. That's not conservatism, that's pure wickedness. Anyway, I apologize and I hope she forgives.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:36am On Jul 09, 2016
ValerianSteel:
New Reuters/Ipsos poll has Hillary leading Trump by 12.7 points after Comey's testimony in Congress.
God willing, she's on her way to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BekeeBuAgbara: 7:38am On Jul 09, 2016
The liberal are perfectly content to have crooks in their party, no matter how big the scandal. They're quick to call you bigot, racist or homophobic if you disagree with them as if the world revolves around them.
At least with the conservatives, they will let everyone know their anger, frustration and opposition.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:03am On Jul 09, 2016
CFCman:
70% of Americans oppose colleges considering race when making admissions decisions.

And 65% of Americans oppose the recent Supreme Court ruling on affirmative action: 66% Whites, 63% Blacks and 65% of Latinos disapproved of the Supreme Court decision.

76% of Caucasians, 50% of Blacks and 61% of Latinos think college admissions should be based solely on merit.

67% of Whites, 57% of Blacks and 47% of Latinos say race should NOT be a factor in admissions decisions.

This should be music to the ears of Republicans and conservatives.

Affirmative action is not helping blacks. Only progressives are blind to reason and logic. If you check social security and gay marriage politics surveys too, blacks have almost the same view as conservatives.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
The liberal are perfectly content to have crooks in their party, no matter how big the scandal. They're quick to call you bigot, racist or homophobic if you disagree with them as if the world revolves around them.
At least with the conservatives, they will let everyone know their anger, frustration and opposition.

Thomas Sowell a former marxist said 3 things will destory every argument from the left

1. At what cost?
2. In compared to what?
3. What evidence do you have?

No argument from the left can pass those 3 questions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nihilist: 8:40am On Jul 09, 2016
America is a joke.

How can you be so paranoid that you feel like you have to carry a gun around for protection? How can you expect the police to act rationally when literally anybody could be carrying a gun?

Even at that peace rally after the shootings, there was one fool openly walking around with an assault rifle claiming it was his right.

Nigeria is a 3rd world country and even with Boko Haram, NDA, Armed Robbers and One Chance, I don't feel the need to carry a gun around.

America is a real joke.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 11:35am On Jul 09, 2016
Nihilist:
America is a joke.

How can you be so paranoid that you feel like you have to carry a gun around for protection? How can you expect the police to act rationally when literally anybody could be carrying a gun?

Even at that peace rally after the shootings, there was one fool openly walking around with an assault rifle claiming it was his right.

Nigeria is a 3rd world country and even with Boko Haram, NDA, Armed Robbers and One Chance, I don't feel the need to carry a gun around.

America is a real joke.

Dont mind them.And they will come here and start ranting about one stupid Amendment as if this is 1888..When Guns are accessible for average citizens,things like this happen at will..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hillary prayed for by leaders and pastors of an African American church.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
happney65:

Dont mind them.And they will come here and start ranting about one stupid Amendment as if this is 1888..When Guns are accessible for average citizens,things like this happen at will..

Lol.

You dont even know what you are talking about.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

So how many times have someone with that you did not vote for seized you goverment again?

You are the joke.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Roland17(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
According to Zimbardo (2007) "social psychologists like himself avoid the dispositional judgement when trying to understand the causes of unusual behavior. they begin their search for meaning by asking the "what questions": what conditions could be contributing to certain reactions? what circumstances may be involved in generating behavior? what was the situation from the perspective of the actor? to what extent can an individual's actions be traced to factors outside the actors, to situational variables and environmental process unique to a give setting".

Micah Johnson is a typical example of situational evil, the young man had no prior record with law enforcement, absolutely no interaction, he was a veteran having served in the military. However, he was grossly influenced by his environment and in this instance, the activities of law enforcement in the United States.

Being termed situational evil does not in any way justify his despicable and irrational action, however, it proves that good people under certain conditions of external influence would do evil.

The level of hate witnessed in the world today is a shame to humanity.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTNU0C4ADfQ

HRC supporter made this beautiful song.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
Missy89:

Lol.

You dont even know what you are talking about.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

So how many times have someone with that you did not vote for seized you goverment again?

You are the joke.

Dont worry,By the time you kill una selves finish,you will know change is the only constant thing in life..I dont know why it is so had for you to know Guns should not be access-able anyhow in 2016...Another one is still gonna happen,and it could be you or anybody then you will know that common sense says Guns are not meant for everyday thing..

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
happney65:

Dont worry,By the time you kill una selves finish,you will know change is the only constant thing in life..I dont know why it is so had for you to know Guns should not be access-able anyhow in 2016...Another one is still gonna happen,and it could be you or anybody then you will know that common sense says Guns are not meant for everyday thing..
As a gun owner i absolutely agree with you. Australia had this problem and after a devastating massacre by one crazed gun carrying idiot. They passed a law against gun ownership unless it's absolutely necessary. They make exceptions for people in law enforcement, sport hunters and those who can demonstrate it's really needed. Guess what happened in Australia, the gun deaths and suicides committed went down drastically. The problem with America is that Americans love their guns. The second amendment is here to stay for ever. I work with a guy who owns 75 different guns and Assault rifles. When I asked him why that many guns, his answer was he's a gun collector. That's kind of scary. I used to go to a gun range by my house and you couldn't believe some weapons this Wackos have on them. You will think we are target practicing in Iraq. NRA is the powerful force behind the gun craziness in America and the right wing politicians are scared of them. NRA is loaded with money from the Gun Manufacturers all over the world and they spend a huge amount buying politicians. That's where the problem lies.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
happney65:

I will tell you not to worry too. As long as it doesn't affect you. You dont get to tell people that believe in another way of life how to live.

Mind ya business
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
As a gun owner i absolutely agree with you. Australia had this problem and after a devastating massacre by one crazed gun carrying idiot. They passed a law against gun ownership unless it's absolutely necessary. They make exceptions for people in law enforcement, sport hunters and those who can demonstrate it's really needed. Guess what happened in Australia, the gun deaths and suicides committed went down drastically. The problem with America is that Americans love their guns. The second amendment is here to stay for ever. I work with a guy who owns 75 different guns and Assault rifles. When I asked him why that many guns, his answer was he's a gun collector. That's kind of scary. I used to go to a gun range by my house and you couldn't believe some weapons this Wackos have on them. You will think we are target practicing in Iraq. NRA is the powerful force behind the gun craziness in America and the right wing politicians are scared of them. NRA is loaded with money from the Gun Manufacturers all over the world and they spend a huge amount buying politicians. That's where the problem lies.

How come left wing politicians that are not scared of the NRA refused to pass any gun legislation when they had a supermajority?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
Missy89:

How come left wing politicians that are not scared of the NRA refused to pass any gun legislation when they had a supermajority?
A lots of Democrats are scared of NRA too especially the ones in rural areas. They get political donations from NRA. The overwhelming majority of NRA money goes to republicans. That's why.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
Missy89:

I will tell you not to worry too. As long as it doesn't affect you. You dont get to tell people that believe in another way of life how to live.

Mind ya business

Dont worry..By the time it happens to you or any Member of the NRA,You will know better..We got our own problem in Nigeria too,But am concerned when innocent people die due to senseless gun violence.It should be a source of concern to you and every humanist to have that stupid law of yours abolished or amended..

My 2cents

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:

Exactly my broda..I think one day,one day,something is gonna spark,and something is gonna give way.The second Amendment would be amended one time in the very near future..I am sure of that and we will all be surprised..Because things have changed and America cannot continue this way..For example while the dallas protest was taking place,One dude and some others where walking on the street with Guns with them in broad daylight,I mean it makes no sense..It would only make the society less safer and people will just keep on dieing anyhow.

Guns that are meant for Wars,Meant for security agencies,and you see people walking around with it and you think that should be happening in a sensible society?You can sit in a park and someone can just come in and open fire on you all for just no reason more than he is a crazy nigga that wants to commit suicide and he decides to take people along..I mean if you are still in support of the status quo,maybe you should think about Sandy-hook once more and see the senseless lives that was lost to that massacre..It makes no Sense..

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lucasbalo:
A lots of Democrats are scared of NRA too especially the ones in rural areas. They get political donations from NRA. The overwhelming majority of NRA money goes to republicans. That's why.

True.

By the way, new information coming out of the Minnesota shooting.

The officer that shot philando castile was a mexican american not a " racist white cop " and he pulled the car over because Castile matched a BOLO alert for an armed robbery suspect from four days prior.The girlfriend claimed they were pulled because of a busted tail light.

Narrative is begining to collapse. This is why it is important to wait for all the info first.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
#makeAmericagreatAgain

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
Missy89:

True.

By the way, new information coming out of the Minnesota shooting.

The officer that shot philando castile was a mexican american not a " racist white cop " and he pulled the car over because Castile matched a BOLO alert for an armed robbery suspect from four days prior.The girlfriend claimed they were pulled because of a busted tail light.

Narrative is begining to collapse. This is why it is important to wait for all the info first.
It makes no difference if the officer is white, Hispanic or black, the bottom line is that police officer is not a jury and executioner . A guy that doesn't need to die get killed by an overzealous officer despite the girl friend pleading and her little baby in the back seat crying.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
Barack Obama said ‘it’s very hard to untangle motives’ of Dallas shooter Micah X. Johnson, who killed five police officers at a Black Lives Matter rally.
Never mind that Johnson said he wanted to kill whites, especially white cops. This man is deluded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.