Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,377 members, 7,853,678 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (660040 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 6:44am On Aug 31, 2017
LordReed:

You always start with the name calling then when I get into with you, you start crying foul.

So by your own estimation deaths by White Supremacists should be ignored because the people killed are not human beings yeah?

Where did I name call? Are you a white supremacist or white supremacist supporter? I'm sorry if I wrongly labelled you a non-white supremacist.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 6:45am On Aug 31, 2017
LordReed:

I responded to your own submission so what was yours supposed to achieve?

Lol. Ok
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Typical liberal. Bloodthirsty bunch of degenerate perverts. Before ritualists hse me for rituals, they will first cut off your mother's breastss. grin. Don't be mad, it's all ritualistic MO.
A guy that lives in abject poverty in a slum of Lagos in his one room face me and face you mansion with sewage and mosquitos competing for medals with rats. Anytime you can hustle for your mighty 200 Naira to buy data, he comes on nairaland to flex his buffoonery. Go eat your Eba for Breakfast, lunch and dinner as usual. Kwashiokor ravaged, Okrika wearing , yellow eyes and brown teeth piece of poo. You are so consumed about a country that you can't travel to even if you sell all your earthly possessions. You are not worried about your miserable life surviving on less that $2 a day but you and your fellow mongrels are hailing Nazis that will skin you alive. Hungry boy, your misery is inherited and it's a curse that will stay with you for ever. Garage tout .

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
Afam4eva:

Did he? The only video i saw of him was when he was waiving to people like he was campaigning. What's worse than that was that people were actually haling him. I think there are loads of Nigerians in Texas cos the unnecessary praise singing is the prerogative of Nigerians.

If you have been following the whole Trump Saga, Americans are looking more and more like a third world country.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
oyb:

If you have been following the whole Trump Saga, Americans are looking more and more like a third world country.
America will survive the Buffon in power. It's just a matter of endurance. A racist pig running America is an abberation but Americans will come out of this idiocy sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Where did I name call? Are you a white supremacist or white supremacist supporter? I'm sorry if I wrongly labelled you a non-white supremacist.

Tim when you have some time google the name Chanelle Helm she is a Black Lives Matter activist and leader is Louisville, she has some demands
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2017
raumdeuter:

Tim when you have some time google the name Chanelle Helm she is a Black Lives Matter activist and leader is Louisville, she has some demands

Maybe while you absorb all those stuff from rt.com you can find time to absorb this:

http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/24/did-blm-activist-demand-white-give-up-homes/
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
The queen b*tch Hillary has finally decided to go to Wisconsin?!! grin Yes! Wisconsin, the State she ignored that contributed to costing her the 2016 Presidential Election. Funny but this time, it's about lucnching her new Book (WHAT HAPPENED) to whoever that wants to be fleeced again - grin wow! Wisconsin of all places? Wonder shall never End! grin grin grin shocked

Not forgetting... I enjoyed the Roast of Hillary by Tucker Carlson and Mark Steyn grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYkk--NpNXE

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2017
obixcel:
The queen b*tch Hillary has finally decided to go to Wisconsin?!! grin Yes! Wisconsin, the State she ignored that contributed to costing her the 2016 Presidential Election. Funny but this time, it's about lucnching her new Book (WHAT HAPPENED) to whoever that wants to be fleeced again - grin wow! Wisconsin of all places? This book will cost at least $1,200. Wonder shall never End! grin grin grin shocked
That woman you calling names is better than anything your lineage ever produced. You are not even known in your hellish village. I will take Hillary any time and any day over the pathological lying racist trump.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
LordReed:

Maybe while you absorb all those stuff from rt.com you can find time to absorb this:

http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/24/did-blm-activist-demand-white-give-up-homes/

Since you have done some research on this BLM activist, Can you tell us some of her original demands and suggestions?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
raumdeuter:

Since you have done some research on this BLM activist, Can you tell us some of her original demands and suggestions?

I am looking for her original Facebook post, when I find it I will quote that so I don't quote 2nd info.

Edit:

Not sure I have the patience to scroll through her infinite posts so here are her suggestions as quoted from https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

Some things I’m thinking about that should change (in that Southern, black grandmama voice):

1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the Bleep they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.

8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.

10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
Abbeybailey:
A guy that lives in abject poverty in a slum of Lagos in his one room face me and face you mansion with sewage and mosquitos competing for medals with rats. Anytime you can hustle for your mighty 200 Naira to buy data, he comes on nairaland to flex his buffoonery. Go eat your Eba for Breakfast, lunch and dinner as usual. Kwashiokor ravaged, Okrika wearing , yellow eyes and brown teeth piece of poo. You are so consumed about a country that you can't travel to even if you sell all your earthly possessions. You are not worried about your miserable life surviving on less that $2 a day but you and your fellow mongrels are hailing Nazis that will skin you alive. Hungry boy, your misery is inherited and it's a curse that will stay with you for ever. Garage tout .

Lol. E pain am. O jo wo nu egun.

Talk anoda one. We done hear all this your recycled lines and e done tire us.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
TRUMP WAS RIGHT: Top Florida Democrat Election Official Admits Illegal Aliens Vote
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Lol. E pain am. O jo wo nu egun.

Talk anoda one. We done hear all this your recycled lines and e done tire us.
You finally get 200 Naira to get you a little data. Congrats on that hungry garage tout.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Raumdeuter, I found her list and my sides ache from excessive laughing. I suspect she's one of Lucas's offspring. Such stupidity is usually inherited.

With each passing day it becomes more obvious how identity politics has become an uncontrollable monster and Democrats have poisoned the political arena with their vicimhood Olympics nonsense over the years.

How can a sensible white man see this and not arm himself? It is disgusting beyond words how the African American has become a joke human. You know there is a problem with the AA when Nigerians account for nearly 80% of the black doctor demographic in the US.

What is even scarier is how so many AAs are in support of this list. Like wtf is wrong with these people?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
Timbuktuo:
Raumdeuter, I found her list and my sides ache from excessive laughing. I suspect she's one of Lucas's offspring. Such stupidity is usually inherited.

With each passing day it becomes more obvious how identity politics has become an uncontrollable monster and Democrats have poisoned the political arena with their vicimhood Olympics nonsense over the years.

How can a sensible white man see this and not arm himself? It is disgusting beyond words how the African American has become a joke human. You know there is a problem with the AA when Nigerians account for nearly 80% of the black doctor demographic in the US.

What is even scarier is how so many AAs are in support of this list. Like wtf is wrong with these people?
You are a joke. It's because one black female put out some stuff on her Facebook you are going through mental organisms. FYI , there are over 50 million blacks in US and for your information, those are the richest and the most educated blacks in the world. Where did you get your info from that 80% of black doctors in America are Nigerians ?. I want to see your proof of that. You are so good in denigrating people that their life are way better that shiiiity life you live in your sewage filled environment. One of this days, your bloated stomach will be all over nairaland begging for money to cure your ailment. Spouting out junk about a country you know nada about. What a shameless America obsessed fooool.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Arm themselves because one black woman said "Hey here are 10 ways to help the AA community"? Really?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Kophschmerzen: 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
Timbuktuo:

You and your fellow never do wells are a tool, where were you losers when some of the lost soul from your party where chanting racists slur in Virginia? Where were y'all losers when the cop in cobbs county was telling a white woman he pulled over, that cops don't kill white but only blacks. Human misfits like y'all losers should have been perpetually confined in the scortal sac and not allowed to fertilize an ovum.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 10:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kophschmerzen:

You and your fellow never do wells are a tool, where were you losers when some of the lost soul from your party where chanting racists slur in Virginia? Where were y'all losers when the cop in cobbs county was telling a white woman he pulled over, that cops don't kill white but only blacks. Human misfits like y'all losers should have been perpetually confined in the scortal sac and not allowed to fertilize an ovum.
Keep giving those hungry birds that are losers in life hell. You never see this mental midgets criticize the Klans and the other White Nationslists but they will jump on someone that looks like them in a jiffy. You wonder why their life is combination of poverty and misery. Worthless bunch that doesn't belong to human race. They love Nazis more than they love black people. If animals in the jungle know who their tormentors are but this idiots here love kissing the rear of racists who will hang them on a tree without any remorse.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
LordReed:

Arm themselves because one black woman said "Hey here are 10 ways to help the AA community"? Really?
LordReed, do you ever see any of this mental midgets critique the Nazis, Klans and other merchants of hates ?. To some of us , the fight against racism is personal. There's no single black man or woman in America that doesn't have a story to tell about racism. This brain fart's are not even fit to be dialogueing with. The Repuvlican Speaker of the House and other notable republicans disavow Nazis and their pals but our worthless Nigerians who are never do wells are carrying their flags like it is something to be proud of. One thing that is good that I see from trumps presidency is the way minorities are buying arms for self protection. I live in a concealed and carry state and yours truly is exercising his 2nd Amendment. This worthless loudmouths and generic negroes won't last a year with their racist a*s licking.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
LordReed:
@raumdeuter, Timbuktuo

Your thoughts on this:
http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2017/08/video_of_georgia_police_office.html
They will love that as long as police officers are killing blacks and Latinos. It's only when one black woman out of tens of millions of blacks in America say something against whites that they get offended. Pitiful bunch.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2017
President Trump already pledged 1 million dollars to Hurricane Harvey victims. Nice and benevolent of him and all those who also donated and are stil donating. Moreover, they should ensure that these funds filter through and are used for the exact purposes for which they are meant. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
obixcel:
President Trump already pledged 1 million dollars to Hurricane Harvey victims. Nice and benevolent of him and all those who also donated and are stil donating. Moreover, they should ensure that these funds filter through and are used for the exact purposes for which they are meant. cheesy
It is a pledge from trump and hopefully it won't be a lie because pledging is different from actually donating. Americans with less wealth are giving more than that . Actually, he was shamed to doing that. What's the big deal here. Why don't you google Hurricane Harvey donors and see how generous Americans are. Trying to make it looks like trump is doing something extra ordinary.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
My first 100 days are the most successful in US history, I'm going to instruct my Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator, I've created 600,000 jobs since taking office, We will have transparency in the White House like you've never seen. We're going to be the most transparent Administration in history. We have to hold those in power accountable, I would not be a president who took vacations, I would not be a president that takes time off, the NY Times apologized for it's election coverage, I never had my employees secretly mark apartment rental applications of minorities with codes, such as “No. 9” and “C” for “colored, the Central Park Five are guilty, Obama was born in Kenya, I've had “zero” involvement with Russian officials, I was first in my class at Wharton, I was the best baseball player in the state of NY, there are attacks in Sweden, right now, I will release my taxes, I've received a letter from the National Football League that complained about the timing of the debates, climate change is a Chinese hoax, Melania will prove she is a U.S. citizen, Mexico will pay for a wall, l will repeal Obamacare on Day One, I will release my taxes,Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination, thousands of Muslims in NJ cheered with the fall of the Twin Towers, I have a top secret, fool proof plan, guaranteed to defeat ISIS within the first 30 days, I know more than the generals do, I won the popular vote, I will release my taxes, I have the largest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan, my inaugural crowd was the largest in history, over 3 million illegals and dead people voted in the election, I will release my taxes, I will assign a special prosecutor to go after Hillary, the national debt in my first month went down $12 billion, everyone will have healthcare and it will be beautiful, I will release my taxes, I will not be playing golf like Obama did, the murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years, I will release my taxes, only steel from American steelmakers will be used on Keystone as well as other U.S. oil pipelines, Flynn and Sessions did nothing wrong, Obama released 122 prisoners from Gitmo, Obama bugged Trump Tower, I never said that I would repeal and replace Obamacare, quickly, I invented the phrase 'prime the pump' a couple of days ago, the Russia-Trump collusion story is a total hoax, I fired James Comey because of the way he treated Hillary, my son, son-in-law and campaign manager never met with any Russians, I will fight for the LGBT community while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs, we'll be able to handle North Korea -It will be handled, the Boy Scouts called me with a congratulatory message, I did not help Fox News concoct a story that was damaging to the democrats, I wasn't involved in drafting a letter to help defend my son, no one from my campaign saw anyone from Russia, I never said, "many sides" or "both sides" in my Charlottesville speech, I donated $1,000,000 to the hurricane victims.

Feel free to share.
Julian McCormack
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
happney65:
My first 100 days are the most successful in US history, I'm going to instruct my Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator, I've created 600,000 jobs since taking office, We will have transparency in the White House like you've never seen. We're going to be the most transparent Administration in history. We have to hold those in power accountable, I would not be a president who took vacations, I would not be a president that takes time off, the NY Times apologized for it's election coverage, I never had my employees secretly mark apartment rental applications of minorities with codes, such as “No. 9” and “C” for “colored, the Central Park Five are guilty, Obama was born in Kenya, I've had “zero” involvement with Russian officials, I was first in my class at Wharton, I was the best baseball player in the state of NY, there are attacks in Sweden, right now, I will release my taxes, I've received a letter from the National Football League that complained about the timing of the debates, climate change is a Chinese hoax, Melania will prove she is a U.S. citizen, Mexico will pay for a wall, l will repeal Obamacare on Day One, I will release my taxes,Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination, thousands of Muslims in NJ cheered with the fall of the Twin Towers, I have a top secret, fool proof plan, guaranteed to defeat ISIS within the first 30 days, I know more than the generals do, I won the popular vote, I will release my taxes, I have the largest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan, my inaugural crowd was the largest in history, over 3 million illegals and dead people voted in the election, I will release my taxes, I will assign a special prosecutor to go after Hillary, the national debt in my first month went down $12 billion, everyone will have healthcare and it will be beautiful, I will release my taxes, I will not be playing golf like Obama did, the murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years, I will release my taxes, only steel from American steelmakers will be used on Keystone as well as other U.S. oil pipelines, Flynn and Sessions did nothing wrong, Obama released 122 prisoners from Gitmo, Obama bugged Trump Tower, I never said that I would repeal and replace Obamacare, quickly, I invented the phrase 'prime the pump' a couple of days ago, the Russia-Trump collusion story is a total hoax, I fired James Comey because of the way he treated Hillary, my son, son-in-law and campaign manager never met with any Russians, I will fight for the LGBT community while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs, we'll be able to handle North Korea -It will be handled, the Boy Scouts called me with a congratulatory message, I did not help Fox News concoct a story that was damaging to the democrats, I wasn't involved in drafting a letter to help defend my son, no one from my campaign saw anyone from Russia, I never said, "many sides" or "both sides" in my Charlottesville speech, I donated $1,000,000 to the hurricane victims.

Feel free to share.
Julian McCormack
He is a pathological liar and nothing coming from trump's mouth is taken serious by Americans anymore. He's just an abberation that time will take care.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 1:36pm On Sep 01, 2017
Trump admin. selects four construction firms to build border wall prototypes

The prototypes will be 30 feet(9 meters) tall and about 30 feet wide and will be tested in San Diego, U.S.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
obixcel:

Wait how much did Osama Obama pledge again?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
A Andros

In most prior Anglo-Saxon we did not have "hate groups." We had people who did, personally, hateful things. If the things they did violated the law then society punished them according to the law. We did not, that is, believe in guilt by association.
--
Now, we simply proscribe certain groups on the theory that membership in, or sympathy with, them constitutes a de facto crime. This dangerous approach is underwritten, in part, by the Southern Poverty organization that the press -- rather than doing its own research -- relies on as a sort of Star Chamber to tell the Good Guys from the Bad Guys. BLM is a cause and a (loose) organization. The KKK is the same. Violation of the law by individuals who adhere to either group must be addressed. But, if you or I find the ideals themselves reprehensible then we need not join. That is freedom of association.
--
We are in the midst of an incredible hysteria. Statutes and other public works are being ripped from where they have stood for a century and memorabilia vandalized. In Wisconsin, the operator of a cemetery ordered the removal of all Confederate symbols from resting places. So . . . now the PC sort is into desecrating graves.
--
An "art expert" brayed in today's NYT that Confederate-themed statues aren't art -- they are "propaganda." Well, ALL art is propaganda. Is one to believe that the great equestrian Renaissance statutes were neutral political statements? Are Nelson's Column or the column at the Place Vendome anything OTHER than propaganda? It 'twas ever thus -- the "intellectuals" are always the first abandon principles in the face of hysteria.
--
Some of us can recall the destruction of statues of Lenin and Saddam. We felt, perhaps, that this was a very good thing. If part of the local population finds a statue of General Lee offensive then the overall population has every right to sanction its removal. But, keep in mind that, regardless of the nobility of the cause, this is historical cleansing. Take them all down, if you wish -- but preserve them in some other way ("Confederate Park?"wink
---
During every bout of hysteria the more hysterical among us must become ever more so. One must always become more extreme in order to avoid criticism from those further to the Left or Right. The president of the USA can denounce ALL violence and that is not good enough for many of us. He must, instead, denounce the violence of which "we" disapprove and praise the violence we admire. (The NYT has adopted this approach -- there is "Your" violence and "Our" violence."wink
It has all become so silly -- this goofy parsing of which organization is/is not a "hate group." We tar everyone based on those with whom they associate or whose political opinions they may share without reference to whether these individuals have actually done anything untoward. We justify the violence with which we agree and are indignant about violence from those with whom we disagree.
---
And, now, we are desecrating graves!
---
It is all silly, inconsequential "virtue signaling." It is self-righteous and intolerant. It is, in fact, un-American.

http://www.economist.com/node/21726752/comments?page=1&sort=2#sort-comments

Raumdeuter, Stanech, Obixcel: I found this interesting comment.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2017
stanech:
Trump admin. selects four construction firms to build border wall prototypes

The prototypes will be 30 feet(9 meters) tall and about 30 feet wide and will be tested in San Diego, U.S.
I am all for the racist trump building the wall as long as it keeps people like you out of US. We have enough house negroes here and we sure don't need any more .
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
Timbuktuo:
A Andros

In most prior Anglo-Saxon we did not have "hate groups." We had people who did, personally, hateful things. If the things they did violated the law then society punished them according to the law. We did not, that is, believe in guilt by association.
--
Now, we simply proscribe certain groups on the theory that membership in, or sympathy with, them constitutes a de facto crime. This dangerous approach is underwritten, in part, by the Southern Poverty organization that the press -- rather than doing its own research -- relies on as a sort of Star Chamber to tell the Good Guys from the Bad Guys. BLM is a cause and a (loose) organization. The KKK is the same. Violation of the law by individuals who adhere to either group must be addressed. But, if you or I find the ideals themselves reprehensible then we need not join. That is freedom of association.
--
We are in the midst of an incredible hysteria. Statutes and other public works are being ripped from where they have stood for a century and memorabilia vandalized. In Wisconsin, the operator of a cemetery ordered the removal of all Confederate symbols from resting places. So . . . now the PC sort is into desecrating graves.
--
An "art expert" brayed in today's NYT that Confederate-themed statues aren't art -- they are "propaganda." Well, ALL art is propaganda. Is one to believe that the great equestrian Renaissance statutes were neutral political statements? Are Nelson's Column or the column at the Place Vendome anything OTHER than propaganda? It 'twas ever thus -- the "intellectuals" are always the first abandon principles in the face of hysteria.
--
Some of us can recall the destruction of statues of Lenin and Saddam. We felt, perhaps, that this was a very good thing. If part of the local population finds a statue of General Lee offensive then the overall population has every right to sanction its removal. But, keep in mind that, regardless of the nobility of the cause, this is historical cleansing. Take them all down, if you wish -- but preserve them in some other way ("Confederate Park?"wink
---
During every bout of hysteria the more hysterical among us must become ever more so. One must always become more extreme in order to avoid criticism from those further to the Left or Right. The president of the USA can denounce ALL violence and that is not good enough for many of us. He must, instead, denounce the violence of which "we" disapprove and praise the violence we admire. (The NYT has adopted this approach -- there is "Your" violence and "Our" violence."wink
It has all become so silly -- this goofy parsing of which organization is/is not a "hate group." We tar everyone based on those with whom they associate or whose political opinions they may share without reference to whether these individuals have actually done anything untoward. We justify the violence with which we agree and are indignant about violence from those with whom we disagree.
---
And, now, we are desecrating graves!
---
It is all silly, inconsequential "virtue signaling." It is self-righteous and intolerant. It is, in fact, un-American.

http://www.economist.com/node/21726752/comments?page=1&sort=2#sort-comments

Raumdeuter, Stanech, Obixcel: I found this interesting comment.
Garbage from right wing economist columnist. LordReed is still waiting for your answer about your love for the Nazi police officer in Cobb's County telling a White woman that your Nazis loving police officers only kill black people. Generic negro from the pit of hell. Answer the question thrown to you by LordReed.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Abbeybailey(m): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
stanech:

Wait how much did Osama Obama pledge again?
Obama doesn't have to announce his pledge like a loud mouth bigot looking for attention. Hundreds of thousands are pledging everyday without any announcement but a ego tripping maniac will let the world know. Less wealthier Americans are giving much more than that without broadcasting it. By the way, with your love and worshiping of a bigoted trump, how much did you donate ?. I doubt if you can afford to donate $10.

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.