Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,364 members, 7,850,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:41 PM

Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads (887 Views)

Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by zomby(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2008
What is the big deal?

A total of 137 officers including Ribadu were demoted by the Police Service Commission early this year and as you are aware, all the other officers including former CP’s, have reverted to their demoted rank without any fuse, so, what exactly is the big deal? Even if ribadu's intention is to seriously continue with the fight against corruption in Nigeria, is this approach a smart one he should be taking? I'm starting to think that something is not right with this man. You can not be breaking the law and also claiming to be looking out for your country, the 2 just don't blend together. Ribadu must wake up and get it together before he sets himself on fire.
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Jarus(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2008
There is big deal. It's too glaring that Ribadu is being witchhunted.
Was Ribadu also the only person that graduated @ NIPSSS last week? Why was his certificate not given to him there and others given?
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by zomby(m): 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2008
There is big deal. It's too glaring that Ribadu is being witchhunted.
Was Ribadu also the only person that graduated @ NIPSSS last week? Why was his certificate not  given to him there and others given?

Out of many that graduated at the NIPSS last week, how many of them are suing Nigeria police or Nigeria Federal Government?
At your work place, how many of your current co-workers are suing your employer?
As a current employee, how could you sue your employer and still expect them to treat you with respect?
Ribadu has gone against the Act that established the Nigeria Police Force by suing the the FG. I'm not sure if he was informed that he lacks the locus standi to sue the force. It is impossible to sue the force if you're still active in the service of the Nigeria Police Force. it is a shame that Mr Ribadu did not know this rule and did not bother to do any research before making this stupid move. This also say a lot about his large numbers of failed actions as EFCC chairman.

This is not a movie, it is reality and all common sense. I think Ribadu loves the negative attention he is recently getting. Let us face the fact, without this self created attention, Mr. Ribadu would have been history by now just like many before him.
It is all a game to get back to the front page, and this is fine. But do not come here to tell Nigerians that Mr. Ribadu is looking out for them, because he is not.
Ribadu was power drunk for many years and that is what he misses the most.
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Muza(m): 1:47am On Dec 01, 2008
Weep not for Ribadu,this is just the beginning! grin
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 01, 2008
Muza:

Weep not for Ribadu,this is just the beginning! grin

YES!!! weep not for Ribadu but for Nigeria
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by komekn(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2008
As always the righteous will face persecution.

The guilty are always afraid, it is the fear of prosecution for corruption that is driving the current establishment’s shameless and blatant quest to nullify Ribadu by any means necessary or indeed unnecessary, legal or illegal, have no doubt.

Nobody is above the law institution, entity or person and that includes the police and the PSC, and it is not illegal to seek redress under the law in a situation of illegality, which has been perpetrated against Ribadu.

Now if you are a coward and afraid to contend with the status quo, remain hiding and cowering while Nigeria rots as zomby's assertions suggest. This fight is not to cowards but to the brave and courageous such as Ribadu.

Should he take the PSC to court absolutely, if the other officers had liver they would have done the same.

Zomby’ propositions are nonsensical in the extreme and are indicative of the typical coward mentality, I NO WAN DIE OH, you are already dieing why not die standing and fighting. A coward dies many times before his death.

Consider the defiance of Tarique Ghaffur who has not experienced 1/100 of what Ribadu has suffered and took on the whole metropolitan police resulting in the resignation of the commissioner and a big payout. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5230215.ece

Edmund Burke the philosopher once said “For evil to rise it takes good men to be silent “ Thank God not all good men and women are silent in Nigeria today. angry shocked angry shocked angry shocked angry shocked angry shocked sad shocked
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by zomby(m): 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2008
No doubt, a coward dies a thousand Deaths, while a stupid ass intentionally soaks himself with gasoline before running into a burning building to rescue people.
I personally see nothing wrong with Mr.Ribadu fighting for his rights and looking out for his country at the same time, but there is a better way for him to get this done. Don't you think?
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by cre8tivity(f): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2008
a man that intentionally disobeys the rules of his country is an enemy of that nation. we must pay more attention no just to what ribadu has done as a chairman of efcc, but also to what he's doing as an average citizen of nigeria. regardless of what the story may be, we must not condone stupidity. ribadu must be forced to obey the rules just like any other citizen.
to lead or to be a great leader, one must first be a great follower: idamory 1975.
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Muza(m): 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2008
zomby:

No doubt, a coward dies a thousand Deaths, while a stupid ass intentionally soaks himself with gasoline before running into a burning building to rescue people.
I personally see nothing wrong with Mr.Ribadu fighting for his rights and looking out for his country at the same time, but there is a better way for him to get this done. Don't you think?

I cant just go to a Gov's house and take my share of the govt money cos he stole our money.
Ribadu cant just continue to disobey rules and superiors.

Wait, who the hell does this DCP Ribadu think he is?
If everybody want to use ribadu's method to fight for his rights,does he think we will have law and order in Nigeria.
The guy out of his arrogance and ignorance doesn't even know he cant sue the NPF.

How can he ever say that Andy Uba,Bode George,OBJ!, etc never stole from us,gosh!
this hypocrite of DCP makes me sick.

How can the guy be arresting pickpockets,leaving the armed robbers and think that nemesis will not catchup with him.

If he disobeys anymore orders,he should be demoted further or even arrested or better demoted,arrested,sacked.
We got better things to worry about than 1 prodigal DCP. angry
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Jarus(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2008
zomby:

Out of many that graduated at the NIPSS last week, how many of them are suing Nigeria police or Nigeria Federal Government?
At your work place, how many of your current co-workers are suing your employer?
As a current employee, how could you sue your employer and still expect them to treat you with respect?
Ribadu has gone against the Act that established the Nigeria Police Force by suing the the FG. I'm not sure if he was informed that he lacks the locus standi to sue the force. It is impossible to sue the force if you're still active in the service of the Nigeria Police Force. it is a shame that Mr Ribadu did not know this rule and did not bother to do any research before making this stupid move. This also say a lot about his large numbers of failed actions as EFCC chairman.

This is not a movie, it is reality and all common sense. I think Ribadu loves the negative attention he is recently getting. Let us face the fact, without this self created attention,
Barrister Zomby, let me remind you that the Police Act is not superior to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The constitution allows anybody to seek redress in court for breach of one's right. This overrides the Police Act. Prominent Lawyers like Femi Falana, Gani, Olanipekun and others have all explained this.
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Muza(m): 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2008
Jarus:

Barrister Zomby, let me remind you that the Police Act is not superior to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The constitution allows anybody to seek redress in court for breach of one's right. This overrides the Police Act. Prominent Lawyers like Femi Falana, Gani, Olanipekun and others have all explained this.

Constitutional lawyer Jarus,
Why are you so ignorant?
Have you read section 214,sub section 2a of the constitution?
As long as DCP Ribadu is a police officer he is under that act.
The only way he can sue the police is to resign.
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by IykeD1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2008
To pose a question that I had posted earlier, what was the big deal about having Ribadu retain his
position as AIG? What the hell do AIGs do any way that the powers that be are so threatened by
just one more AIG?

Was he the one that promoted himself? Are we now saying that the president of the country had
powers to appoint the IG of police but can not promote an officer to the position of AIG? The answer
to this and to many other problems with Nigeria is CRUDENESS. Those in position of power in Nigeria
lack basic decency and tact in their approach to virtually everything they do. They often pursue pure
vendetta regardless of the cost to the country. Is this how you reward a man that put an IG of police
in bars for embezzling funds meant for the entire police force? Is this how you repay a man whom
most reports acknowledged have recovered several billion dollars for the country, and thus boosting
the confidence of foreign investors?

Having said the above, what less can one expect from a nation that has fraud in its DNA? People's way
of life are threatened and they are simply fighting back. Some of their children and beneficiaries are here
shouting in support of the crusade against Ribadu - not surprising at all!
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by cre8tivity(f): 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2008
Having said the above, what less can one expect from a nation that has fraud in its DNA?

i think things will be more clearer as soon as we all agree that ribadu is in fact part of this dna. we should also ask ourselves that what exactly is ribadu running from and what is up with this desperation for power? the power would be useless anyway, as long as obasojo stays in his farm.
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Jarus(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2008
Muza:

Constitutional lawyer Jarus,
Why are you so ignorant?
Have you read section 214,sub section 2a of the constitution?
As long as DCP Ribadu is a police officer he is under that act.
The only way he can sue the police is to resign.
Maybe you know law more than Femi Falana and Wole Olanipekun!!!
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Muza(m): 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2008
Jarus:

Maybe you know law more than Femi Falana and Wole Olanipekun!!!

i'm sure u cudnt understand wat they said grin,
Continue to dwell in your ignorance grin
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by cre8tivity(f): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2008
what would you have done if you were wearing ribadu's shoes?

i would have publicly made it clear that i do not like what i'm being put through, but i must obey the rules and my seniors, therefore, i'm ready to face whatever they present to me. i would have allowed the same unreliable system to indirectly fight back for me. that is how a true leader should operate. but ribadu is too stupid and desperate for power to see through this cloudy weather. sometimes, one must pay attention and use his or her head correctly.
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Muza(m): 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2008
cre8tivity:

what would you have done if you were wearing ribadu's shoes?

i would have publicly made it clear that i do not like what i'm being put through, but i must obey the rules and my seniors, therefore, i'm ready to face whatever they present to me. i would have allowed the same unreliable system to indirectly fight back for me. that is how a true leader should operate. but ribadu is too stupid and desperate for power to see through this cloudy weather. sometimes, one must pay attention and use his or her head correctly.

I feel you!
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by IykeD1(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2008

Hmmm,

With your conviction, one would have thought you would have been among the first to join EFCC, I am sure
the rest of the country would have notice your bravery and straight talk. Anyway, talk they say is cheap.
Ribadu lived and walked the talk!

If indeed Ribadu had the homes in Dubai and UK as they are saying, why on earth would he worry about some
measly position as AIG? How much does the job pay? He is simply fighting for what he had earned that is being
denied him - he his fighting for his police benefits, etc.
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by Muza(m): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2008
He is power hungry grin
Re: Ribadu Doesn't Have 3 Legs And 2 Heads by BigB11(m): 3:28am On Dec 03, 2008
cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Failed State / The State Of Man / Lastma On Rampage, Be Warned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.