Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun (863 Views)

Kogi Guber: Anxiety As APC Chieftains Pressure Aspirants To Step Down / APC Presidential Aspirants Sign undertaking not to decamp after primaries / APC Presidential Aspirants To Pay N27 Million For Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2014
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress,
Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has said all aspirants
seeking the party’s Presidential ticket will have to sign
an undertaking during screening.
He said this while receiving the completed presidential
expression of interest and nomination forms from Kano
State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, at the party
headquarters in Abuja, on Friday.
Odigie-Oyegun explained that all the aspirants are
required to sign to faithfully implement the party’s
manifesto from the day they assume office.
He enjoined Kwankwwaso like all other aspirants on the
party’s platform, not to lose sight of the enormous
challenges ahead.
Odigie-Oyegun said, “Now we are faced with real
economic crisis to add to it all. The APC is going to
provide this nation with a steady hand, an experienced
hand, a competent hand.
“Those of you who have indicated interest in this very
onerous responsibility, what you are going to take over
from the PDP, is a nation that is virtually pulled to
pieces in every aspect of human life.
“I want to assure you that in my interaction with people
is that we have people who will take this challenge head
on, we have a manifesto which we are going to commit
them to fatefully implementing.
“As a matter of fact, at the screening which we also
mentioned there will be an undertaking to be signed,
that the manifesto of the party will be faithfully
implemented.”
He expressed confidence that the party’s manifesto
which is people oriented will improve the lot of
Nigerians if carefully and faithfully implemented.
The APC, he said, has what it takes to make Nigeria a
better place for all.
Earlier, Kwankwaso, while presenting his forms,
promised to return smiles to the face of Nigerians if
given the chance.
He expressed sadness that Nigerians, especially in the
North-East were forced to become internally displaced
persons in their own country.
Kwankwaso dismissed fears that his aspiration would be
a minus for the North-West because Maj. Gen. Buhari is
also contesting.
He said, “I believe that Nigerians especially in my zone
are happy. And I believe that at the end of the day, they
will choose the right candidate.”

www.punchng.com/news/presidential-aspirants-to-sign-undertaking-odigie-oyegun/

www.nigeriatell.com/news/apc-aspirants-to-sign-undertaking-to-implement-manifestooyegun

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2014
The days of uncoordinated governance is over.

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by idumuose(m): 11:43am On Nov 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
The days of uncoordinated governance is over.
Says who? Didn't the present crop of corrupt politicians take oath of office when they were sworn-in? If they don't abide by the oaths of office,is it the party manifesto that they will implement?

3 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by etebefia: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2014
This one is very cheap, public officers normally swear with holy books in the name of God yet they still fail to implement their manifestoes talk less signing with an ordinary human being. The truth is that most politicians have sold their soul to the dev*l and do not care what comes out of it.

2 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2014
idumuose:

Says who? Didn't the present crop of corrupt politicians take oath of office when being sworn-in? If they don't fear oath of office,is it the party manifesto that they will fear?
At least you can point out that they took oat of office and you could get court judgement on that. Same thing can now be done with manifesto.
If you get the picture, it's about evolving.

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 29, 2014
www.allprogressivescongress.org/manifesto/
Thats the link to the apc manifesto, somebody should please upload the pdp manifesto cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by idumuose(m): 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
etebefia:
This one is very cheap, public officers normally swear with holy books in the name of God yet they still fail to implement their manifestoes talk less signing with an ordinary human being. The truth is that most politicians have sold their soul to the dev*l and do not care what comes out of it.
Exactly what i am saying.They do not fear their creator when they take oaths of office in the name of God,is it manifesto that they will abide by?

Here is the oaths of office of a governor;

[b][size=14pt]Oath of Office of Governor of a State

I, ......... do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that as the Governor of ......... State, I will discharge my duties to the best of my ability, faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will strive to preserve the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will exercise the authority vested in me as Governor so as not to impede or prejudice the authority lawfully vested in the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and so as not to endanger the continuance of Federal Government in Nigeria; that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions; that I will to the to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifty Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will; that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as Governor of ......... State, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as Governor; and that I will devote myself to the service and well-being of the people of Nigeria.

So help me God.
  [/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by jamace(m): 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
Na today? They have been swearing with Bible and Quoran yet the devil in them has not changed. Keep on deceiving those who lack grey matter in their heads that APC is better than PDP.

2 Likes

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by jamace(m): 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
grin grin Talking theory.

1 Like

Re: APC Aspirants To Sign Undertaking To Implementmanifesto—oyegun by Descartes: 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
“I believe that Nigerians especially in my zone
are happy. And I believe that at the end of the day, they
will choose the right candidate.”-Kwankwoso

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naira Plumets To New Low Of N187 = $1; Oil Price : $63.93 /barrel / Why Are Most Apc Court Case Successful While Most Against It Dismissed /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.