Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:41 AM

Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . (1523 Views)

Anxiety Mounts As Buhari Keeps Tinubu, Atiku In The Dark Over New Cabinet / APGA, PDP Supporters Clash In Abia Over Results, APGA Rejects Results. / Efcc Storms Abia Over N3.3bn Scam - Goes After Gov’s Wife, Commissioner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2008
Tension mounts in Anambra, Abia over Jos killings
By EMMANUEL OBE
Published: Sunday, 30 Nov 2008

There was palpable tension in the commercial city of Onitsha , Anambra State on Saturday as news filtered in about the mayhem in Jos, Plateau State, where dozens of people were killed and property destroyed and looted on Friday.

Thousands of Hausa and people from northern ethnic nationalities were leaving the state in droves, while some others took refuge at the military barracks in the city to avoid reprisal attacks.

The Governor of Abia State, Chief Theodore Orji, who was in Awka on Saturday to attend the Ohaneze election, quickly left the venue to rush back home. “There is tension in Aba and Umuahia now. We are not happy about what happened in Jos. It was strictly an election matter and nobody should make it look like an ethnic crisis.

“We are concerned and we hope it will not escalate. Right now, members of the northern community are running to us for protection. We have to do something about it,” he said.

In Awka, the Anambra State capital, some indigenes who said their people in Jos lost property and relations were appealing to the government to intervene to save them from further losses. One of the worried people, Mr. Tochukwu Ugodi, told Sunday Punch that his mother had lost everything she had in Jos as the rioters completely burnt down her shop.

“I am not myself as I speak to you now,” he said, trying to see how he could reach out to his family members in Jos.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2008113054446
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by udezue(m): 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2008
Just wipe em out. Fucking bastards. I already know a Yoruba guy that lost two inlaws to the Hausa sons of bitches.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by H2O2: 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2008
elodie dam you could knock somebody out
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by RibaduFan(m): 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2008
Hope this wont result in civil war
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2008
Jos North is virtually all muslim, how does PDP win LG elections.
I am not a muslim, but i believe in justice. I believe they have been cheated this time.
Their reaction was uncalled for tho.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by udezue(m): 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2008
Please they have been cheating the rest of Nigeria for centuries and not once did anyone pick up arms to kill em so why are u ppl even making up excuses for their actions?

I hope my Awka ppl show them real pepper if one dead innocent person is returned to them. If it was about elections please tell me how did that concern the Yoruba, Igbos, and other innocent folks who are not from Plateau and how did u Beroms, Tivs and Plateau ppl get these so comfortable in ur land that they can actually attack u whenever they feel like. Oooopppsss I forgot all of u used to benefit from their evil until they TURNED ON YOU GUYS TOO. Lets not forget how our fellow Christians and ppl who are actually more related to us culturally, limguistically joined Hausa/Fulani muslims in the butcher of innocent Easterners. The chicken has surely come home to roast. Enjoy. That's what happens when u support and promote evil committed by Jihadists just to collect a few crumbs. Unfortunately Igbos, Efiks, even Yorubas are caught in btwn the madness u people help create in the 1st place.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2008
Innocent Easterners, so when you create your own nation in a nation that is fine? I dont think so we call that treason
Haha Igbos, Efiks, Yoruba get no money from Nigerian government
Their are top players chopping billions of billions of Naira who are not Northerners. Are u trying to insinuate southerners are not corrupt? Madness
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by DavidDylan(m): 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2008
Igbos dont need reprisal killings, we simply need to remove these animals from the country. Fat chance of that with goons like YA in power.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by udezue(m): 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2008
Jos,

Whatever!!!!!. Elections have been rigged by Hausas since Naija started. Census was rigged by them but no one is killing them. My own mother ran for election in Anambra lost and took it to court coz she felt it was rigged by PDP guess what that did not result in any bloodshed of both innocent or even guilty pp. Hausas are barbaric. The killing had nothing to do with the election coz no politician was killed. The ppl they attacked who attacked them back had nothing to do with the issue. STOP BEHAVING LIKE A SLAVE TO UR HAUSA MASTERS and that is why they can attack u FOOLS in your land and then ask questions later. Until u grow some balls and let em know where they belong your region will continue to be theater of Hausa madness.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by Muza(m): 1:53am On Dec 01, 2008
udezue:

Jos,

Whatever!!!!!. Elections have been rigged by Hausas since Naija started. Census was rigged by them but no one is killing them. My own mother ran for election in Anambra lost and took it to court because she felt it was rigged by PDP guess what that did not result in any bloodshed of both innocent or even guilty pp. Hausas are barbaric. The killing had nothing to do with the election because no politician was killed. The people they attacked who attacked them back had nothing to do with the issue. STOP BEHAVING LIKE A SLAVE TO UR HAUSA MASTERS and that is why they can attack u FOOLS in your land and then ask questions later. Until u grow some balls and let em know where they belong your region will continue to be theater of Hausa madness.

Why do we need to rig when we are the majority.God has given power to us nobody can do anything about that.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by udezue(m): 2:04am On Dec 01, 2008
U are a majority? LOL

U must be high dumbass. Yeah I forgot in the desert goats and cows count as humans (they are better humans sef compared to u gworo eating dimwits who know nothing but fucking Koran and Islam) so of course u are a majority.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by ayinba1(f): 3:12am On Dec 01, 2008
Shame! blood! blood everywhere! Even the "educated" nlders are bloodthirsty!

Blame it on any and everything! Everyone wants blood

are there no sane people on this forums anymore?
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by sealworld(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2008
Muza:

Why do we need to rig when we are the majority.God has given power to us nobody can do anything about that.

Muza,

You feel too arrogant. See what your Northern Power have done to this country - we have lost confident in your "Majority" it is time for the Niger Delta
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by RedHotChic(f): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2008
Why do we need to rig when we are the majority.God has given power to us nobody can do anything about that
God gave you power and opened the doors of poverty to your people?. Even the educated ones among them are ignorant. Of what use is that power to you when your kinsmen are hungry and cannot afford to go to school? . Tell me one big advantage of the political power you've got in the North to your people?
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by BADLEE: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2008
Muza:

musa you are a fool, God gave you power, congratulations, he gave you power to kill innocent people, power to rule in corruption, power to maginalise the niger deltans, power to loot, power to shed blood of innocent christians in the north, power to make nigeria a hopeless place, power to rig, power to take power through coup detat, power to make nigeria one of the most corrypt nation on earth, i can see all your powers, above all he even gave you power to be helplessly timid, you are truely powerful, keep powering ,
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by Abagworo(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2008
we need love in this country.with love our differences will diminish.as for leadership,the middle belt minorities have ruled nigeria the most.Gowon who massacred igbos,IBB,abdulsalami.Hausas have a fair share too.yorubas 12 years was almost 1 man obj.so we share the blame of not loving one another.True federalism devoid of ethnicity might be the best solution.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by Ibime(m): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2008
PDP are reaping what they sowed. It's just a shame that innocent civilians are caught up in all this.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by mazaje(m): 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2008
Hausa people are animals. . . just like every other nigerian tribe. . . . .
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by Muza(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2008
grin envy envy
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by ikeyman00(m): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2008
hmmm hausa madnesss shocked

envy hmm
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by QuotaSyste(m): 11:37pm On Dec 01, 2008
Nobody should sound surprized at the gworo chewing malam muza declarance that God gave them the illiterate northerners the right to rule nigeria. What he said is the popular belief amongst most, and i mean more than 99% of northern nigerians. Even Yorubas and other minorities at a point also had same belief and allowed themselves to be usd by them and become their servants due to the fear of Igbos.
Now the scale is falling off the eyes of those servants one after the other. If not that the killings this time also involved some Yorubas, you wouldn't have heard any pim from any Yoruba person anywhere in nigeria. Rather, most of them would have been here asking why and what are the Igbos doing in hausa area of the country. They have asked same stupid question on many occassions. It has been the norm within the Yoruba society since the past killings was always against the Igbos. Now, a little number of them have falling victim and you see them shouting and crying more than the bereaved. Who is fooling who.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by DavidDylan(m): 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2008
ayinba1:

Shame! blood! blood everywhere! Even the "educated" nlders are bloodthirsty!

Blame it on any and everything! Everyone wants blood

are there no sane people on this forums anymore?

aunty you are a big disgrace.

Blood don flow reach my domot . . . now i must talk . . . education does not replace a lost soul.

If you've never worn the shoes of pain and anguish pls keep quiet.
Re: Tension Mounts In Anambra,abia Over Jos Killing . by QuotaSyste(m): 11:48pm On Dec 01, 2008
DavidDylan:

aunty you are a big disgrace.

Blood don flow reach my domot . . . now i must talk . . . education does not replace a lost soul.

If you've never worn the shoes of pain and anguish please keep quiet.
Exactly what i emphasized on above. You Yorubas have been supporting these awusas and became their cheif servants and partners in crime against the Igbos. At some poit, asking what the Igbos are doing in northern nigeria (their supposed country) and why shouldn't they go back home to their own area. Now the chicken has come home to roast. Lets see how much you guys are going to whine about.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not A Yoruba Man – Former Sokoto Gov / 16 Plead Quilty To 'public Nuisance' Charges At N/a Complex / If I Die, I Die - Dora Akunyili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.