Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Oya Come Make We Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oya Come Make We Vote (515 Views)

Igbos Let's Remember This Before We Vote!!! / Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? / Kaduna State. Who Do We Vote For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oya Come Make We Vote by MrEvolution7: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
I have written more in four days than I have in four weeks. It’s not like I have a consistent week long flash of genius (well, maybe). But I am unusually motivated. And the source of my push is not far-fetched. I am now a man on a mission. I have come to realise that there is a cause that the youth need to be particular about. There is a stake we hold in the natural course of history our beloved country is making.

The 2015 General Election is here, and its promises stares us right in the face. But can we see it? The election holds beautiful possibilities for us. It holds endless opportunity. And we have to take it. For what we do with the opportunity will not only be with us for another four years, its effects will generate ripples (good or bad) that will reverberate throughout history.

I am filled with chagrin and righteous anger with myself for taking too long to make the shift. I used to belong to a class of young Nigerians who believe my sole duty to my father land is to work hard and contribute to economic growth. I despise politics, failing to realise that political pillars are what holds the economy. But now that I am informed, I will not leave politics to the politicians, we should not leave it in the hands of the tyranny of the minority.

That is why I cannot but remain ineluctably stunned by the general apathy that somewhat describes our disposition towards the political process. But as the elections draw nearer, we have got to change our approach. We need to adopt a new way of thinking, a patriotic way of thinking. Here is a demography comprising 53 million enterprising youths – enough to decide the faith of even Africa’s most populous nation.

I must say. We are the proverbial white cockerel that knows not how princely he is. We have so much power yet we are reluctant to use it. The time has come for us to get it right. We must #turnupnaija2015. We must make a stand and chose that which is right.

Oya come make we vote!

[size=15]Youth Ballot Evolution[/size]

(1) (Reply)

“four Army Hilux Trucks Loaded With Armed Masked Men Seen Driving In Kaduna” / BRT Bus Being Pushed By It's Passengers In Lagos / Edo Rejects Patrick Obahiagbon's Vocabs...prefers Osagie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.