Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

My Experience With Racists. - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Racists. (33283 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Racists. by RaeMystix: 6:21am On Dec 01, 2014
CityNG:

It's sold out at BestBuy online and Walmart has it for $599 I think.

Re: My Experience With Racists. by justmenoni: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2014
not in support of that though...But believe me when you are treated same way by our other naija peeps,you had be surprised..

Amefrica:

I'd move on. But why the laughter (mockery) and pointing of fingers?

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 01, 2014
Racism will continue except we come together and give the world a reason to respect us, like the Asian tigers are trying to achieve. Poverty everywhere, strife, extra judicial killings, corruption, selfishness and the list is endless.... That's what comes to your mind when you think of African communities worldwide.

Some will come with the excuse of white dominance. But I ask, if someone has said you will fail, would you just fold your hands? Africans need to earn the respect of the world... Simple.

The first thing we should do as rational scientists is to study what makes these "hated" white people relatively successful. In my opinion, it's education, with a special focus on science and technology. So we should make it a matter of priority to keep these kids in school.

I have digressed too much but the message is that if we as a people strive to achieve greatness, and have greater economic power, the world will respect us more.

Re: My Experience With Racists. by igbo2011(m): 8:53am On Dec 01, 2014
cap28:

The West once dominated and controlled parts of china but this was before their revolution, since then China has become too powerful for Europe and the US to dominate but trust me they are looking for a way to overpower China. At one point a US general even wanted the US to drop an atomic bomb on china because he forsaw China risng to become powerful. So they are embracing China now to some extent because they have no choice, also China is one of their main trading partner and the US also depends on China for credit facilities.

japan was once an imperial power but it was bombed into submission by the US and is now a puppet state of the US.

Saudi Arabia is a staunch ally of the US - In the 1970s it agreed to stabilise oil prices and side with the west against other arab nations and in exchange it received military protection from the US.

Malaysia and Singapore are not in the same boat as us as they have received huge financial aid and investment from the US and Europe in order to prevent a communist takeover by China.

Australians are descendants of the british and are treated as if they are british.

Kenya was and remains a puppet state of Britain, thousands of Kenyans were murdered by the british before the gained their token independence, the british own and run the Kenyan economy, indian immigrants also have more economic clout in Kenya than Kenyan people.

Namibia suffered one of the worst genocides in human history at the hands of the Germans (their former colonial masters) who exterminated over 100,000 indigenous people of this country, there are many documentaries on youtube about this and the germans still keep the skulls of some of the indigenous Namibian people in their museums on display to demonstrate their superiority over the African race. As a result of this extermination project Namibia has a very low population and 90% of the most fertile land is owned by the descendants of those German settlers while the majority black population lives in poverty.

Do you think Ann African nation week ever have worked power? If so which country and when?
Re: My Experience With Racists. by igbo2011(m): 9:03am On Dec 01, 2014
cap28:

You have a very simplistic mindset which doesn't surprise me as a lot of Nigerians reason like you. Of course I have to bring in politics because politics is entertwined with history.

Just in case you haven't noticed, the Europeans and americans dominate the entire world because militarily they are stronger - now just in case you are still not getting the point - a nation that is militarily stronger than your own nation can overthrow or kill your leaders at will and that is exactly what happened with Buhari so its not about why Babangida allowed himself to be used, its about the fact that militarily the west are more powerful than us and can impose leaders on us whether we want them or not. Also in every society you will always have saboteurs and this is not unique to Nigeria but to countries all over the world. the united states has overthrown and killed progressive leaders in south America, the carribean and the arab world so your question should be: "why does the US and Europe go around the whole world intimidating and destroying progressive govts who have the interests of their people at heart" and not "why did babangida allow himself to be used"

people like you are so brainwashed that you cant bring yourself to ever question the white man because it is ingrained in you that the white man is your lord and master.

Again I see that you would rather blame mandela than blame the white man who clamped him in prison for 27 long years, yes mandela may have sold out by agreeing to allow the whites retain their hold over the land and resources of south Africa but you must remember that by 1990 mandela was already a broken man, he had suffered various psychological and physical breakdowns whilst in prison and it was for this very reason the white power structure chose him as their preferred peace broker as they knew they could get a better deal with him as he was no longer as militant and as radical as he had been when he was imprisoned in 1963, this does not however change the fact that Mandela put the needs of his nation before his own personal needs, therefore your statement about African leaders is not completely true because there are true freedom fighthers in Africa who would give up their lives for the freedom of their people, sadly these kind of leaders are never allowed to get into the corridors of power by Europe and the US.

They even overthrown other western countries like Australia so of code they overthrown African nations.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/23/gough-whitlam-1975-coup-ended-australian-independence

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 01, 2014
Well answered.
cap28:

The West once dominated and controlled parts of china but this was before their revolution, since then China has become too powerful for Europe and the US to dominate but trust me they are looking for a way to overpower China. At one point a US general even wanted the US to drop an atomic bomb on china because he forsaw China risng to become powerful. So they are embracing China now to some extent because they have no choice, also China is one of their main trading partner and the US also depends on China for credit facilities.

japan was once an imperial power but it was bombed into submission by the US and is now a puppet state of the US.

Saudi Arabia is a staunch ally of the US - In the 1970s it agreed to stabilise oil prices and side with the west against other arab nations and in exchange it received military protection from the US.

Malaysia and Singapore are not in the same boat as us as they have received huge financial aid and investment from the US and Europe in order to prevent a communist takeover by China.

Australians are descendants of the british and are treated as if they are british.

Kenya was and remains a puppet state of Britain, thousands of Kenyans were murdered by the british before the gained their token independence, the british own and run the Kenyan economy, indian immigrants also have more economic clout in Kenya than Kenyan people.

Namibia suffered one of the worst genocides in human history at the hands of the Germans (their former colonial masters) who exterminated over 100,000 indigenous people of this country, there are many documentaries on youtube about this and the germans still keep the skulls of some of the indigenous Namibian people in their museums on display to demonstrate their superiority over the African race. As a result of this extermination project Namibia has a very low population and 90% of the most fertile land is owned by the descendants of those German settlers while the majority black population lives in poverty.

Re: My Experience With Racists. by idu1(m): 9:20am On Dec 01, 2014
brito:
Why you go greet the man?
am happy for this question.....

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Originalsly: 9:29am On Dec 01, 2014
Sorry...but OP are you not the racist one? What in the encounter is racist?...the man not returning your greeting?...the man crossing the street?...you didn't hear anything he said...is it because he pointed at you? ...and why would you stalk him by sitting next to him on the bus?...to rob him?...blow confusion powder in his face? I wouldn't be surprised if you and your friend thought about setting him on fire. You most likely have just arrived in Canada and have never lived in a metro city.....from village to Canada. Do the same in Lagos and the response would be the same or worse...then what would you say?....tribalism? When in Rome...do as the Romans do....mind your own business....keep it moving.

Re: My Experience With Racists. by nikai(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=Amefrica post=28457061][i]Hi guys, due to what's going on in our world at the moment, I think it's hightime we started loving each other. I had an encounter with racist people some weeks ago..

My flatmate (a Nigerian) and I went to the mall about some weeks ago to get our winter clothings and all, after we got all paid, we went to the bus-stand to wait for the bus - we got to the stand and met a Canadian man probably in his mid to late forties waiting for the bus too, I said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" The man just bone face, he didn't even answer, my flatmate looked at me and we just acted like it didn't happen.

What he did next was something that irritated me. Immediately he packed his bags and went to the stand opposite us to meet a Canadian woman sitting down too, we didn't give 2 hoots until they started saying some things we couldn't hear, laughing uncontrollably and pointing fingers right at us. My mate got infuriated and wanted to confront them I calmed him down, that they were just ignorant. Few minutes later, the bus came they got on the bus, me and my mate intentionally sat next to them, lo and behold they stood up and went way back to the end of the bus. I was just shaking my head!

For real, racism has got to stop. You have different wardrobes of many colours, can't God have humans with different colours too?

Tho, I've met so many respectful, kind, nice people here. When I told my female bestfriend who is a Canadian too, she asked me to describe them, that she wants to kick their a'ss, I just told her not to worry. I really wish racism could end for good. We have to learn to live and tolerate each other, irrespective of race, religion etc..

My broda no be d colour make dem dey avoid una,if u had asked I guess their fear would av been EBOLA.
It just shows hw we often colour ourselves BAD n BLACK because of money in d form of grants frm d so-called Western World.
Imagine d way n manner in which d news of d Ebola outbreak in West Africa is being widespread is more than Obama' Presidential Campaign.
One can also imagine d statement that over 1million people or five out of ten persons in Lagos are HIV infected.
I was chatting wit a Black Trinadad n Tobago guy who told me dat their Home office would nt welcome me now to T&T due to d Ebola outbreak in Naija.
Who go tell dem say Ebola don enter Naija?No be d Naija govt so as to get access to fund.when Ebola enter U.S we nor hear about am again o.Americans are stil touring all over the World without embarrassment of quarantine.Abeg make we Africans especially we Naija people use our heads n minds o.
So tell me if ur own people report u to d police as a criminal,abeg tel me wetin d police go do?

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
cap28:

This is the stupidest logic explaination I have ever heard . So countries that were colonised are automatically puppets of the Master? '"indian immigrants also have more economic clout in Kenya than Kenyan people"-realy, I mean are you serious!!!! . I don't even wanna go into details but just for your info, the indians in Kenya are not immigrants, they came here in 1901 or something like that, long before some indiginous tribes in kenya migrated to kenya from other parts of africa like cental africa so basicaly the indians are as Kenyan ase the rest of black folks like us. I lived in a town were there were lots of indians, some of them live in utter poverty, the guy that owns Nakummatt,(the biggest supermarket chain in Eatern and central africa) started out selling matteresses from a small town called Nakuru (hence the name Naku-matt) , He was a hustler just like everybody and he worked hard and made it... Having an entreprenual mind doesnt make a person guilty... We go to the same school, same collages, watch the same tv station, sing the same national anthem, Indians population however is less that 1% of Kenya, there combined economic clout is hardly felt in a country with more than 13,000 dollar millionaires

Anyway,,,My point is, Stop blamming other peoples success for you own failures, Africans are there own worst enemies, instead of comming together to fix a burst sewerage pipe, we just let it flow and the whole town smells then we start blaming other people. We are not succesfull, not because anyone has taken our jobs but because we just never think out of the box, we take wats given to us and never think to create our own..... We never invest in scientific (engineerring,physics,medicine) research, anything that doesnt bring immediate profit, we throwit out of the window, thats why we will always depend on a whitemans innovation, from planes, to car tires, to even a simple razor blade........Speaking of jobs and research, I gotta go back to work now....Am out!

Re: My Experience With Racists. by ShakurM(m): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
brito:
Why you go greet the man?
Courtesy undecided, don't be racist too.

Re: My Experience With Racists. by ShakurM(m): 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
kelechiMarie:
@op sorry ya it ain'tyour fault if some people decide not to utilize their brains.White skin doesn't represent wisdom after all.
Ignore them and continue being nice!cheesy

kiss*kiss kiss
what do you mean 'white skin doesn't rep wisdom? Bunch of racist pple on this thread!!!!! undecided

Re: My Experience With Racists. by kelechiMarie(f): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
ShakurM:
what do you mean 'white skin doesn't rep wisdom? Bunch of racist pple on this thread!!!!! undecided
being white doesnt automatically mean you're wise as some erroneously believe.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by ShakurM(m): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
kelechiMarie:
being white doesnt automatically mean you're wise as some erroneously believe.
which white person don ever claim say e wise pass black before undecided...abegii
Re: My Experience With Racists. by kelechiMarie(f): 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
ShakurM:
which white person don ever claim say e wise pass black before undecided...abegii
you haven't experienced the things i've and you ain't living my life ok

seems you're looking for someone to pick a fight with

you will not be indulged

Re: My Experience With Racists. by ShakurM(m): 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
kelechiMarie:
you haven't experienced the things i've and you ain't living my life ok

seems you're looking for someone to pick a fight with

you will not be indulged
naa..i have pressing needs biko angry. Common question u no fit answer shocked
Re: My Experience With Racists. by kelechiMarie(f): 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
ShakurM:
naa..i have pressing needs biko angry. Common question u no fit answer shocked
pressing needs indeed
anyway run along buzz buzz
i'm in no mood for silly games

signed_____________
lastly i'm not a racistkiss kiss
Re: My Experience With Racists. by ShakurM(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
kelechiMarie:
pressing needs indeed
anyway run along buzz buzz
i'm in no mood for silly games

signed_____________
lastly i'm not a racistkiss kiss
u upset nii??
Re: My Experience With Racists. by oraclefemi(m): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
Amefrica:

I'm sorry for being me, I tend to greet people I know and don't know a lot. ...little words/greeting can have a positive effect on your mood.

BRO DONT GREET THEM, I AM IN CANADA TOO, TORONTO TO BE SPECIFIC. I ONLY GREET BASED ON HOW I SENSE YOU. THAT WAS HOW I WAS GREETING ONE INDIAN GUY EVERY TIME I MET HIM IN THE KITCHEN, I ALWAYS GREET HIM FIRST AND HE ONLY MUMBLES HIS REPLY. I TOOK NOTE OF IT AND ONE MORNING I WALKED IN AND DIDNT GREET THE AHOLE...I THINK HE WAS EXPECTING IT, BUT I JUST IGNORED THE AHOLE. I AM TYPING IN CAPS CAUSE IT IS VERY ANNOYING.

Re: My Experience With Racists. by bichikay(m): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
sorry man for that...my grand ma lived long because she learnt to mind her buisness...U will live long if u learn to mind ur buisness...

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
oraclefemi:

BRO DONT GREET THEM, I AM IN CANADA TOO, TORONTO TO BE SPECIFIC. I ONLY GREET BASED ON HOW I SENSE YOU. THAT WAS HOW I WAS GREETING ONE INDIAN GUY EVERY TIME I MET HIM IN THE KITCHEN, I ALWAYS GREET HIM FIRST AND HE ONLY MUMBLES HIS REPLY. I TOOK NOTE OF IT AND ONE MORNING I WALKED IN AND DIDNT GREET THE AHOLE...I THINK HE WAS EXPECTING IT, BUT I JUST IGNORED THE AHOLE. I AM TYPING IN CAPS CAUSE IT IS VERY ANNOYING.

Hahaha gotchu bro. Thanks so much! I should be coming to Toronto for Christmas, we could hook if you wouldn't mind..
Re: My Experience With Racists. by oraclefemi(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
Amefrica:

Hahaha gotchu bro. Thanks so much! I should be coming to Toronto for Christmas, we could hook if you wouldn't mind..

Sure i dont mind, drop me a message anytime you head my way. I am heading to the states from Dec 22 though.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by tdayof(m): 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
Amefrica:

bros don't mind all this oyinbo ppl that's how they do here in Ibadan too grin
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
ShakurM:
Courtesy undecided, don't be racist too.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
oraclefemi:

Sure i dont mind, drop me a message anytime you head my way. I am heading to the states from Dec 22 though.

No probs bro! Enjoy. .
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
tdayof:
bros don't mind all this oyinbo ppl that's how they do here in Ibadan too grin

Lol haha grin grin
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 03, 2014
RaeMystix:

Eye contact plus an half smile; Where you just raise your cheeks and tighten your lips together.. End off

Grin:-)
Re: My Experience With Racists. by RaeMystix: 12:59am On Dec 03, 2014
Knowledge9000:

Grin:-)

Yeah
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Obidikejr(m): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
Amefrica:
Hi guys, due to what's going on in our world at the moment, I think it's hightime we started loving each other. I had an encounter with racist people some weeks ago..

My flatmate (a Nigerian) and I went to the mall about some weeks ago to get our winter clothings and all, after we got all paid, we went to the bus-stand to wait for the bus - we got to the stand and met a Canadian man probably in his mid to late forties waiting for the bus too, I said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" The man just bone face, he didn't even answer, my flatmate looked at me and we just acted like it didn't happen.

What he did next was something that irritated me. Immediately he packed his bags and went to the stand opposite us to meet a Canadian woman sitting down too, we didn't give 2 hoots until they started saying some things we couldn't hear, laughing uncontrollably and pointing fingers right at us. My mate got infuriated and wanted to confront them I calmed him down, that they were just ignorant. Few minutes later, the bus came they got on the bus, me and my mate intentionally sat next to them, lo and behold they stood up and went way back to the end of the bus. I was just shaking my head!

For real, racism has got to stop. You have different wardrobes of many colours, can't God have humans with different colours too?

Tho, I've met so many respectful, kind, nice people here. When I told my female bestfriend who is a Canadian too, she asked me to describe them, that she wants to kick their a'ss, I just told her not to worry. I really wish racism could end for good. We have to learn to live and tolerate each other, irrespective of race, religion etc..

Amefrica so u finally made it... I thought it was US you intended to school? Canada is cool too anyways, quite place.

Am still here, postponed my travelling to the states until am done with B.tech here.

Concerning the racist issue, Berra tell ur roomie ti spend the night outside ur apartment in the winter cold so his head will cool down. Its a white world bud, a quarter of them a psychos another quarter re racist since foetus.. They gang up to beat u two or worse and nothing will happen. so tell ur guy to shun the white shallow brains.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Obidikejr:

Amefrica so u finally made it... I thought it was US you intended to school? Canada is cool too anyways, quite place.

Am still here, postponed my travelling to the states until am done with B.tech here.

Concerning the racist issue, Berra tell ur roomie ti spend the night outside ur apartment in the winter cold so his head will cool down. Its a white world bud, a quarter of them a psychos another quarter re racist since foetus.. They gang up to beat u two or worse and nothing will happen. so tell ur guy to shun the white shallow brains.

Boss, long time. Na so oo, na Canada I dey oo, just dey on my lane. Going to US next summer tho. How's it going on your end na?
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Obidikejr(m): 11:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
Amefrica:

Boss, long time. Na so oo, na Canada I dey oo, just dey on my lane. Going to US next summer tho. How's it going on your end na?

Baba we give God thanks, all has been well down here... Though still anticipating for better days.

Holla me sometime +2347066884663 or better still text me if call tariff is over the roof top lol
-_^
Stay safe buddy.

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 05, 2014
Obidikejr:

Baba we give God thanks, all has been well down here... Though still anticipating for better days.

Holla me sometime or better still text me if call tariff is over the roof top lol
-_^
Stay safe buddy.

No problem, I got it. You may wanna modify and edit your phone number.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What's A Question You Hate When People Ask You? / See Black Snake My Brother Killed Today / Blast From The Past...

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122