Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? (1698 Views)

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? / What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) / Is Using Body Spray (Perfume) A Sin Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:30am On Nov 30, 2014
True or False

Let me see those who arm twist the Bible or read the Bible and do not understand...

I mean, Scripturally, Did God warn us against Drinking Alcoholic Drink?

Ephesians 5:18
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,-- The word "Drunk" doesn't mean We should not drink but while drinking do not get drunk

It is like Saying Do not kill Yøurself with food.

Galatians 5:21
Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.--- Here, made mention of Being drunk NOT drink.
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by nairalife2013(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2014
Not a sin. But done in excess is. Be carefull not to let yur ways affect u or people around u. If it does, QUIT!
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by kestolove95(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2014
drink bt dont get drunk..bt hw can I gt drink without gettin high?..not posibl. so its a SIN in capital latr
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by blemon44(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2014
i dont believe it's a sin but only when you drink too much of it
thats why they say too much of everything is bad
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by ayoku777(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2014
DonaldGenes:
True or False

Let me see those who arm twist the Bible or read the Bible and do not understand...

I mean, Scripturally, Did God warn us against Drinking Alcoholic Drink?

Ephesians 5:18
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,-- The word "Drunk" doesn't mean We should not drink but while drinking do not get drunk

It is like Saying Do not kill Yøurself with food.

Galatians 5:21
Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.--- Here, made mention of Being drunk NOT drink.

True. Its not a sin according to the scriptures; even the wine the early church drank during communion was alcoholic, because some got drunk drinking it too much.

1Cor 11v21 -For in eating everyone taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and ANOTHER IS DRUNKEN.

You can only get drunk on an alcoholic drink. Too much of a non-alcoholic drink will only get you bloated, but not drunk.

An alcoholic wine won't be used by the early church for their communion if it was forbidden.

1Timothy 3v8 -Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, NOT GIVEN TO MUCH WINE, not greedy of filthy lucre.

If it was completely forbidden, Paul wouldn't say deacons should not be given to MUCH wine or even given to wine.

Even so, we shouldn't make it an addiction, or indulge our lust with it.
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2014
Not sure if it is a sin biblically but morally speaking it's best you don't drink. The benefits mentally, morally, healthwise and spiritually is worth it if you abstain.

1 Like

Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by holatin(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2014
na too much be sin.

1 Like

Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by DonaldGenes(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2014
ayoku777:

True. Its not a sin according to the scriptures; even the wine the early church drank during communion was alcoholic, because some got drunk drinking it too much.

1Cor 11v21 -For in eating everyone taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and ANOTHER IS DRUNKEN.

You can only get drunk on an alcoholic drink. Too much of a non-alcoholic drink will only get you bloated, but not drunk.

An alcoholic wine won't be used by the early church for their communion if it was forbidden.

1Timothy 3v8 -Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, NOT GIVEN TO MUCH WINE, not greedy of filthy lucre.

If it was completely forbidden, Paul wouldn't say deacons should not be given to MUCH wine or even given to wine.

Even so, we shouldn't make it an addiction, or indulge our lust with it.

Yøu absolutely on course. Like the way you
think

It does shows you read your bible and you also understand it contextual meaning
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by lilflipnerd: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2014
Smoking ko
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:10am On Nov 30, 2014
lilflipnerd:
Smoking ko

Not a sin,
What you take inside of Yøu doesn't count as sin BUT what comes out of you is what counts..
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by Jakeattah(m): 10:28am On Nov 30, 2014
Drink but don't get drunk. Cos when you are, you're likely to do something stupid
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by lanrexlan(m): 10:57am On Nov 30, 2014
Jakeattah:
Drink but don't get drunk. Cos when you are, you're likely to do something stupid
Nah,maybe you forget to read this.
Jeremiah 25:27-28 (NIV) -Then tell them,This is what the LORD Almighty,the God of Israel,says:Drink,get drunk and vomit,and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.
But if they refuse to take the cup from your hand and drink,tell them,This is what the LORD Almighty says:You must drink it!.

This is called forced drinking,drink and get drunk.Amazing abi?
Then,the bible says wine makes life,men and god rejoice. Ecclesiastes 10:19 (NIV) -A feast is made for laughter,and wine makes life merry,but money is the answer for everything
Judges 9:13 (NIV) -But the vine answered, Should I give up my wine,which cheers both gods and men,to hold sway over the trees?.

Then what's the outcome of drunkenness? Proverbs 23:31-34 (NIV) -Do not gaze at wine when it is red,when it sparkles in the cup,when it goes down smoothly!In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing things.You will be like one sleeping on the high seas,lying on top of the rigging.Marvellous indeed.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by lastmessenger: 11:35am On Nov 30, 2014
Op if I catch you drinking ogogoro I will report you to pastor

1 Like

Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by Jakeattah(m): 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
lanrexlan:
Nah,maybe you forget to read this.
Jeremiah 25:27-28 (NIV) -Then tell them,This is what the LORD Almighty,the God of Israel,says:Drink,get drunk and vomit,and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.
But if they refuse to take the cup from your hand and drink,tell them,This is what the LORD Almighty says:You must drink it!.

This is called forced drinking,drink and get drunk.Amazing abi?
Then,the bible says wine makes life,men and god rejoice. Ecclesiastes 10:19 (NIV) -A feast is made for laughter,and wine makes life merry,but money is the answer for everything
Judges 9:13 (NIV) -But the vine answered, Should I give up my wine,which cheers both gods and men,to hold sway over the trees?.

Then what's the outcome of drunkenness? Proverbs 23:31-34 (NIV) -Do not gaze at wine when it is red,when it sparkles in the cup,when it goes down smoothly!In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing things.You will be like one sleeping on the high seas,lying on top of the rigging.Marvellous indeed.

well....... Jesus turned water to wine don't forget
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by tola9ja: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Jakeattah:

well....... Jesus turned water to wine don't forget
that means he endorsed it
Re: Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin Or Not According To The Bible? by teemanbastos(m): 8:15am On Dec 06, 2014
1st and Foremost..what is sin? It means disobedience to God's instructions.
Theres ntn in this world that is sinful, dis alcohol was manufactured 4rm herbs created by God,..
Doing somethings arent sinful but the AFTER EFFECTS mite lead to sin..
If alcohol was allowed op, it wud lead to ppu getting Drunk.. U knw aw ppu can be nao.. Dy tend to try to test things.. Xo if alcohol was allowd.. Only 2 out of evry 100 might nt get drunk..wic is a minority, wat of d remaining 98,dy wud qet drunk and commit multifarous sins and cause disharmony in the church of God.

2.smoking is not a sin bt it bkums a sin when u destroy ur organs KNOWINGLY... If any1 commits suicide(taking his own life) God wunt judge him for suicide BT for stealing what does nt belong to him(cos itz God that has life nt man).. Sme as smoking, u wunt be judgd 4 smoking bt 4 d effekts u'v made it have on you.. Bt if u decide to be bornagain so as to stop it, Then Jesus can regive gud health..

Xo when some certain things are done, itz nt bkos of d immediate bt bkos of the future.. Datz juxt it.
If u drink alcohol,wat are d chances u wudnt get drunk? Absolutely low.. When even just a glass can make you damn high.

(1) (Reply)

STOP RE-BRANDING MASTURBATION It's A Sin & Displeases God / I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. / Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.