Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners (48291 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 / Tuface Gets 5 Nominations At Afrotainment Museke Online African Music Awards / Tuface Gets 5 Nominations At Afrotainment Museke Online African Music Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
phantonce:
What do you expect from that crap that he sang recently

#She say she no wan designer
She no wan ferrari
She say na my love o o o
She belong to me cos I belong to you.#

Seriously,which lady doesn't want ferrari?
Bros,stop giving guys fake hope

His dirty and smelly cloth didn't even help the matter.

Via Nairaland for iphone
you sef don't understand what that song means, do you? You only saw through the lyrics.

1 Like

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
kgr28:

define nigerian music: Noise music!
'noise music' making hit internationally since time immemorial .. we dont copy US rappers here..ode

2 Likes

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
kgr28:

1 million SA rappers, no international award

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
Lol....u'd be seeing more of that from now onwards....so dnt be shocked....some.people cant just mind their own buisness
hehehehehehehehe, should i call prof dick.dastardly to lecture you? grin.
Person don hack chibwike's account oooooo. Help a nairalander sad cry
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by chibwike(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
missberrypop5:
hehehehehehehehe, should i call prof dick.dastardly to lecture you? grin.
Person don hack chibwike's account oooooo. Help a nairalander sad cry
Lol....nobody hacked my account oh....its still ur chibwike
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
Lol....nobody hacked my account oh....its still ur chibwike
Hehehehehehe, ok o. Lets wait and see how this goes. cool rolling stuff
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by chibwike(m): 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
missberrypop5:
Hehehehehehe, ok o. Lets wait and see how this goes. cool rolling stuff
its gon be fun jare
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
its gon be fun jare
YES! Less fighting for me grin
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by chibwike(m): 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
missberrypop5:
YES! Less fighting for me grin
Lol...abi....anyone that disturbs you...just let me know..
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
Lol...abi....anyone that disturbs you...just let me know..
no probs grin cool
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Chidoscky: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
kgr28:

Cassper nyovest -
K.O -
AKA -
Reason -
Kwesta - kings speech
Bucie - e
Goldfish -
Lockin Ville
Bucie

But relax I know you gonna say any negative about them, cause you dont know them!!

Guy you SA should stop being unnecessary jealous. Nigeria has many crossover hits not only to other African countries but also to the Caribbeans and other Africans in diaspora. Why are your SA songs not crossing over? Even Ghana better pass una for music. Even Diamonds no 1 got noticed cos he ft Davido.
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Tobilastik(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
thanks alot..dolt!

mtcheew....itz hard to correct a nitwit like u...
jxt try nd think b4 u comment another tym not d other way
#blockhead
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by chibwike(m): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Tobilastik:

mtcheew....itz hard to correct a nitwit like u...
jxt try nd think b4 u comment another tym not d other way
#blockhead
You called me a fool...is that correction?
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by iceberylin(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
Baddestguyp:
if I hear, I prefer sarkodie's illuminati to it
That jam tight grin

Imagine where i Carry waitn i no understand off hand grin

1 Like

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
kgr28:

stop potraying ignorance hommie! I've always made it crystal clear, sa can't match nigeria on any level, and music [entertainment generally] is no exception.....we all know you rapper are wack af! That casper dude is a loud speak, all he does is noise, not music....the controversies in the little sa music scene is devastating, hate from every artiste! Sa artistes are still finding it hard breaking for the southern africa region, talk more of africa as a whole! Go on twitter, and check how excitd they get when a nigerian radio station, tweets there song being aired outchea, smhh! I personally think ghana has a upper hand that y'all cockksuckers!
YES, davido and wizkid got poor lyrical contents, but did you see how your artistes were flocking around wizkid, when he was in sa last week! Don't be stupiid sir.....talking abt achievements, fans, networth, etc, y'all dnt come close ganian artistes talkmore of naija!! And just so u know, nigerian rappers, are distinctive, innovative, and v.good lyrically. . . Mi. Vector, yung6ix. MODENINE, JESSEJAGz, phenom, , just to mention a few. Stop talking crap homeboy. I pardon you this time

3 Likes

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by muiniz: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
It's about time Nigeria creates her own internationally recognized award platforms meant to honor our entertainers. After all, Grammys and Oscars are all American-owned.

Casper Nyovest's Doc Shebeleza with 635k Youtube views beat Davido's Aye with 12Million Youtube views. Dem say Davido fans no vote? Vote ko, Veto ni. grin
. Truly said. Every nation including African nations hate Nigerians and truths be told it's because the sleeping Eagle just woke up and they all wanna stop us from flying by all means necessary.
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Not in church today ? ( hoping you're not typing from the front pew )

Let me be stalker tongue
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by azeeza(f): 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
But you nod or dance to the songs dundee!
kgr28:

1 Like

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by djwinnie(m): 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
davido loosing all five aint a new tyn KENDRICK LAMAR lost 7 grammy nominations dis yr sooo davido shd go nd chill

1 Like

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by shomutuski(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
Better luck to davido... Next time, that's the shit bout international awards.. They tend to make mistake 2014 was davido's year. It happened to kendrick lamar too. Had 8 grammy nominations and didn't win any.. Shit happens just deal wif it.. Bigger you brooo.
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 01, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
It's about time Nigeria creates her own internationally recognized award platforms meant to honor our entertainers. After all, Grammys and Oscars are all American-owned.

Casper Nyovest's Doc Shebeleza with 635k Youtube views beat Davido's Aye with 12Million Youtube views. Dem say Davido fans no vote? Vote ko, Veto ni. grin

Wizkid had to win something this year plus they had to promote South African music. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 01, 2014
kgr28:

Aye with that sub-standard video!! its like a village song!!

People voted, and the results are out! what is BET , just because he won BET automatically by force he should win channel O

Nigerian artists are poor lyricaly , live perfomance disaster!

you think people who think nollywood is best, can be good judges of music

nigerian artists are as bad as their movies!!!

Who rule in music?? dumb question!

Bia what are you doing on a Nigerian forum? And why are you watching Nollywood movies and Nigerian music videos?? Don't you people have movies and music videos in Tanzania? I don't think so, because if you were watching Tanzanian entertainment, you wouldn't even know what Nollywood or Nigerian music videos look like.

Stop exhibiting your ignorance and bitterness. Nigerians rock! Deal with it, ewu.
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 01, 2014
OAAC:
stop potraying ignorance hommie! I've always made it crystal clear, sa can't match nigeria on any level, and music [entertainment generally] is no exception.....we all know you rapper are wack af! That casper dude is a loud speak, all he does is noise, not music....the controversies in the little sa music scene is devastating, hate from every artiste! Sa artistes are still finding it hard breaking for the southern africa region, talk more of africa as a whole! Go on twitter, and check how excitd they get when a nigerian radio station, tweets there song being aired outchea, smhh! I personally think ghana has a upper hand that y'all cockksuckers!
YES, davido and wizkid got poor lyrical contents, but did you see how your artistes were flocking around wizkid, when he was in sa last week! Don't be stupiid sir.....talking abt achievements, fans, networth, etc, y'all dnt come close ganian artistes talkmore of naija!! And just so u know, nigerian rappers, are distinctive, innovative, and v.good lyrically. . . Mi. Vector, yung6ix. MODENINE, JESSEJAGz, phenom, , just to mention a few. Stop talking crap homeboy. I pardon you this time

That's why I love me some Ghanaians. Where do I send your kiss to? Nigerians and Ghanaians collaborating since time immemorial. We are West Africans and we rock baby!!! You South Africans can Go and ..... (Oshiomole 2014).

1 Like

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 01, 2014
Rilamaka:

That's why I love me some Ghanaians. Where do I send your kiss to? Nigerians and Ghanaians collaborating since time immemorial. We are West Africans and we rock baby!!! You South Africans can Go and ..... (Oshiomole 2014).
those safricans are just too funny! Well, i blame it on us, giving them the attention, while its so damnn conspicous they don't come close......i personally prefer ghanians, musically, and in every aspect, generally, to those blabbermouths, smhh. I feel you :p

1 Like

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by MduZA: 6:59am On Dec 01, 2014
[img][/img]
OAAC:

lol..laughing in Yoruba language...you guys try hard to portray yourselves as big in everything but in reality you have got nothing to show,south African music and movies are making waves at big stages while yours stuggle to make inroads...when your artists come down here they visit every studio , take pictures with our local low class musicians and upload those pictures on internet to impress you guys back home...your musicians go as far as shooting videos here ,proudly lie to you guys back home that those videos were shot in Europe...
show your muscles after winning an Oscar or Grammy,in the mean time you are not in the same league with SA..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by kwametut: 8:23am On Dec 01, 2014
WELL DONE TO SOUTH AFRICAN ARTISTS AND TANZANIANS.

Its writen down in HISTORY BOOKS that BANTU SPEAKERS BROUGHT THE SOUL OF AFRICA TO THE AMERICAS DURING ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE. In USA music like JAZZ has strong BANTU SOUL and Senegambian feel, while in Brazil the SAMBA is purely BANTU.
In the USA the GOSPEL MUSIC has strong BANTU SOUL and is mainly found in deep south where Bantu slaves dominated, the only people that come close to Bantus in US Afro American music are Senegambians.

Yes agreed the West Indies has strong west african influence and not a musical powerhouse. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by kwametut: 8:25am On Dec 01, 2014
THE only people that can sing in Nigeria are only Yoruba whose influence is found in new world. Igbos sorry ya'll cant sing. grin grin cool tongue
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by kwametut: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2014
DON'T WORRY DAVIDO FELA KUTI LOST TO SOUTH AFRICA'S "BLACK MAMBAZO OF SA" IN THIS YEARS "GRAMMY AWARDS". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

YORUBAS are only Nigerians that can try and put a challenge and come SECOND BEST on BANTUS of SA and central and east Africa.
The rest of Nigerians are BAD at MUSIC. FACT.
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by kwametut: 8:33am On Dec 01, 2014
@MduZA
THE GAP IS HUGE BETWEEN NIGERIA AND SA MUSICALLY.

GRAMMY AWARDS SOUTH AFRICA VS naaigeria
SOUTH AFRICAN GRAMMY AWARDS WINNERS
1. Mirriam Makeba
2. Black Mambazo won it 4 times. Left Femi Kuti crying this year. grin grin grin grin grin
3. Soweto Gospel choir won it 2 times
4. Lebo M with LION KING. HE RUNS WALT DISNEY IN USA MUSICALLY.
5. Ray Phiri with Paul Simon
6. Hugh Masekela
7. Vusi Mahlasela won as composer.

As I said only YORUBAS try shame grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerian grammy award winners all Yorubas
Sade-UK based
Seal-UK
Other old man I cant remember his name. grin grin grin grin
Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by kwametut: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2014
SA TOP AFRICA IN GRAMMY AWARDS IN MUSIC. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerians only get BET Awards behind stage that again is only given to west Africans by black Americans. Last winner of BET was from Ghana again selected on regional biase. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

When you put race and regional biase and allow the WORLD to vote for GOOD MUSIC. SA TAKES IT ALL.

Re: Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners by kwametut: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2014
THOSE WHO STUDY MUSIC ABROAD WILL TELL U GUYS NIGERIANS ARE "INFERIOR MUSICALLY" TO SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL AFRICA. ITS HISTORICAL BROER!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

AFRICAN CONTRIBUTIONS TO AMERICAN CULTURE

Joseph E. Holloway Ph.D

Scholars have long recognized African origins in the linguistic forms and the cultural traits of African Americans, and thus assumed that these Africanisms were derived principally from West Africa. There has been much debate over the origins of African culture in the U.S. The classic debate between Melville J. Herskovits and E. Franklin Frazier is still relevant. To revisit it briefly, Frazier believed that Black Americans lost their African heritage during slavery; thus, the African American culture evolved independently of any African influences. Herskovits argued the opposite that it was not possible to understand and appreciate African American culture without understanding its African linkages and carryover called Africanisms. Current scholars are more concerned with using a transnational framework to examine how African cultural survivals have changed over time and readapted to diasporic conditions while experiencing slavery, forced labor, and racial discrimination.

The new scholarship suggests that the West Africans contributed primarily to Euro-American culture whereas people who came from the vast Bantu speaking areas of Africa, to the east and south of West Africa, are those most likely to have left an African cultural heritage to African Americans. Plantation slavery tended to acculturate West Africans relatively quickly, yet unwittingly encouraged retention of African traditions among others.

Enslaved Africans, not free to openly transport kinship, courts, religion, and material cultures, were forced to disguise or abandon them during the Middle Passage. Instead, they dematerialized their cultural artifacts during the Middle Passage to rematerialize African culture on their arrival in the New World. Africans arrived in the New World capable of using Old World knowledge to create New World realities.

Africans, and their descendants, contributed to the richness and fullness of American culture from its beginnings. Their contributions in early America, for which they have received little or no credit, include the development of the American dairy industry, open grazing of cattle, artificial insemination of cows, the development of vaccines (including vaccination for smallpox), and cures for snake bites.

African stories and folklore, such as the Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Chicken Little tales originated in Africa, and were absorbed into America’s culture of childhood and laid a foundation for American nursery culture. Despite the limitations imposed by slavery, Africans and their descendants made substantial contributions to American culture in aesthetics, animal husbandry, agriculture, cuisine, folklore, folk medicine and language. This chapter examines African contribution to American culture.

AFRICAN RICE CULTIVATION

The major contribution of enslaved Africans was in agriculture. In the 1740s, rice from Madagascar was introduced to South Carolina’s farming economy. Africans, experts in rice cultivation, were transported from the island of Goree, off the coast of what is now the Senegambia, to train Europeans to cultivate this new crop.

The first successful cultivation of rice in the New World was accomplished in the South Carolina Sea Islands by an African woman who later showed her owner how to cultivate rice. The first rice seeds were imported directly from the island of Madagascar in 1685; Africans supplied the labor and the technical expertise for this new crop industry. Africans off the coast of Senegal helped train Europeans in the methods of cultivation and those who specialized in rice cultivation were imported directly from the island of Goree. Africans were able to successfully transfer their rice culture to the New World. The method of rice cultivation used in West Africa and South Carolina was identical. Enslaved Africans used three basic systems: ground water, springs, and soil moisture retention, or high water table. These three systems are found on both sides of the Atlantic, and formed the basis for South Carolina’s antebellum economy.

Early Africans brought with them highly developed skills in metal working, leather work, pottery, and weaving. Senegambians were employed as medicine men (root doctors), Blacksmiths, harness makers, carpenters, and lumberjacks. These trades were passed down to other enslaved Africans by the skilled African craftsmen in an apprentice-type fashion.

Traditional African food culture has been preserved even today in many areas of American cuisine, as in the technique of deep fat frying, southern stews (gumbos), and nut stews. Okra, tania, Blackeyed peas, kidney and lima bean were all brought on slave ships as food gathered in Africa for the Africans during the transatlantic voyage. Fufu, a traditional African meal throughout the continent, was eaten from the Senegambia to Angola and was assimilated into American culture as “turn meal and flour” in South Carolina. Corn bread prepared by African slaves was similar to the African millet bread. In some of the slave narrative reports, “cornbread” was referred to as one of the foods that accompanied them to the New World.

AFRICAN CONTRIBUTIONS TO AMERICAN “COWBOY” CULTURE

The first major contribution by Africans to North American society was in the arena of cattle raising. When the Fulani (or Fula) people from Senegambia, along with longhorn cattle, were imported to South Carolina in 1731, colonial herds increased from 500 to 6,784 some 30 years later. These Fulas were expert cattlemen and were responsible for introducing African husbandry patterns of open grazing now practiced throughout the American cattle industry. Cattle drives to the centers of distribution were innovations Africans brought with them as contributions to a developing industry. Originally a cowboy was an African who worked with cattle, just as a houseboy worked in “de big House.” Open grazing made practical use of an abundance of land and a limited labor force.

Africans and their descendants were America’s first cowboys. Most people are not aware that many cowboys of the American West were Black, contrary to how the film industry and the media have portrayed them. Only recently have we begun to recognize the extent to which cowboy culture has African roots. Many details of cowboy life, work, and even material culture can be traced to the Fulani, America’s first cowboys, but there has been little investigation of this by historians of the American West.

Contemporary descriptions of local West African animal husbandry bear a striking resemblance to what appeared in Carolina and later in the American dairy and cattle industries. Africans introduced the first artificial insemination and the use of cows’ milk for human consumption. Peter Wood believes that from this early relationship between cattle and Africans the word, “cowboy” originated.

As late as 1865, following the Civil War, Africans whose responsibilities were with cattle were referred to as “cowboys’ in plantation records. After 1865, whites associated with the cattle industry referred to themselves as “cattlemen,” to distinguish themselves from the Black cowboys. The annual North-South migratory patterns the cowboys followed are directly related to the migratory patterns of the Fulani cattle herders who lived scattered throughout Nigeria and Niger. Not only were Africans imported with the expertise to handle cattle, but the African longhorn was imported as well, a breed that later became known as the Texas longhorn.

Much of the early language associated with cowboy culture had a strong African flavor. The word buckra (buckaroo) is derived from Mbakara, the Efik/lbibio work for “poor white man.” It was used to describe a class of whites who worked as broncobusters, bucking and breaking horses. Planters used buckras as broncobusters because slaves were too valuable to risk injury. Another African word that found its way into popular cowboy songs is “get along little dogies.” The word “doggies” originated from Kimbundu, along with kidogo, a little something, and dodo, small. After the Civil War when great cattle roundups began, Black cowboys introduced such Africanisms to cowboy language and songs.

OAAC:
those safricans are just too funny! Well, i blame it on us, giving them the attention, while its so damnn conspicous they don't come close......i personally prefer ghanians, musically, and in every aspect, generally, to those blabbermouths, smhh. I feel you :p

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ghanaians Mocking P-square's Alingo / DOWNLOAD Mp3: G-eazy – No Limit Remix Ft. A$AP Rocky, French Montana, Juicy J / Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.