Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,330 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari (1815 Views)

Dickson: I Can No Longer Borrow To Pay Salaries / Why Buhari Should Not Borrow Next Year / 2014 Confab’s Resolution Is Change Nigeria Needs, Not Buhari – Yoruba Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2014

An All Progressive Congress, APC, presidential aspirant, Muhammadu Buhari, has faulted President Goodluck Jonathan’s moves to borrow money to fight the ongoing Insurgency that is bedevilling some northern states.
Mr. Buhari, who was in Kano to sympathise with victims of Friday bomb blast, said Nigeria did not borrow to win the civil war that kept the country as a single entity.
He said besides corruption and mismanagement of public funds, there is no cogent reason for Nigeria to borrow money to fight insurgency.
Mr. Buhari said Nigeria could generate enough funds to purchase necessary military equipment. He said the real problems that militate against fighting the insurgency is lack of political will and diversion of national treasury.
He lamented that despite complaints of lack of weapons by troops on the battle field, not much has been done to address it.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
True talk from the next president.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by iluvnaija: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
True Talk our next president.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by vanunu: 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mad man, even ukraine borrowed $2b to fight the russian backed rebels

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by tit(f): 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
buhari the economist!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
shocked
Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by medamillion(m): 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
Effective administration is not run by "luck" but competence. Let's vote change! Vote Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by lilflipnerd: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Buhari hates that borrowing idea

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by mencade6: 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
yes let us no borrow, so that you will continue to sponsor ur boys and give them more powerful weapon.

Bastard!

Gej till 2019

bastards! Please quote me

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by tobyte233: 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
all is wwll

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by lmm4real: 12:58am On Dec 01, 2014
vote the man when sabi . so many people will run out of this country if this guy is elected as president.
Just 4 years of Buhari is all we need.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 01, 2014
vanunu:
Mad man, even ukraine borrowed $2m to fight the russian backed rebels

When would some people stop justifying our govt failures with those of other countries? Dem tell you say na every oyinbo country rich like naija? Perhaps u dont know, Ukraine is bankrupt as we speak.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Horus(m): 1:38am On Dec 01, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mszgLaX4bM

[size=15pt]U.S Government Should Arrest President Jonathan As A Boko Haram Collaborator[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by udokas: 1:44am On Dec 01, 2014
Buhari, but you borrowed to buy your party's ticket.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by lorddannie: 4:31am On Dec 01, 2014
udokas:
and he is also begging on facebook to fund his campaign.

I guess the stolen funds from PTF is not enough for him.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by egift(m): 4:37am On Dec 01, 2014
udokas:

It is called an Over-Draft. Enlighten yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Ikengawo: 4:38am On Dec 01, 2014
[size=15pt]SOMEBODY WHO BORROWED TO RUN HIS OWN CAMPAIGN. [/size]

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by tit(f): 4:42am On Dec 01, 2014
udokas:

Allahu Akbar!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 01, 2014
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Ikengawo: 4:53am On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

LOL
Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by udokas: 6:47am On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

. He borrowed to fight Atiku that does not have a single gun, how much then will he borrow to fight BH that has thousands of guns.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by biafranqueen: 7:13am On Dec 01, 2014
udokas:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by biafranqueen: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2014
Ikengawo:

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by southsouthman: 7:24am On Dec 01, 2014
A presidential aspirant need not to borrow to buy form. I have never heard of this in the history of politics.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by nationwide1(m): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2014
Borrowing to buy expression of interest form and borrowing to stop insurgency, which one is better? It's like Buhari will be more clueless than Jonathan if elected.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Crocz(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2014
People don't understand...it doesn't make a difference if Nigeria borrow or not under GEJ

Let them buy North Korea's long range missiles, US's dragon copters, Iran Nucs...it will all end up with BH like other weapons cartered away when BH overrun Mubi and the commanding officer ran away with only his pant on

Looks like some people think me a fanatic, for the record...I don't give a shiyt about what somebody choose to belief in and certainly don't care what tribe someone is.

I detest incompetence, gross negligence and mumu-ish attitude....I always call it as I see it and right now, Jona is Failing whatever the excuse one make for him

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 01, 2014
I can see PDP-roaches displaying their folly. With the revenue of Nigeria and the defence appropriation Nigeria don't have to borrow even a kobo to fight Bh. The reason for the borrowing is because some group of people have embezzled what was meant for terrorism fight, and also we have an administration headed by Jonathan that is insincere and seriously lack political will to expend the monies on what they are/were appropriated for.

@thosee clowns shouting "you borrowed to buy form": Nigeria's money is not Jonathan's money. The form Buhari bought is for Buhari and will be repaid/serviced by Buhari and not our treasury. Jonathan can borrow up to a trillion dollars for himself and in his name as long as it will be him that will service the loan, I don't care.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2014
Ikengawo:

you can imagine that,,

angry angry
Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by phlemzy: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2014
medamillion:
Effective administration is not run by "luck" but competence.
This is a FACT! I really hope that Nigeria survives this trying times.
Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by iluvnaija: 8:44am On Dec 01, 2014
barcanista:
I can see PDP-roaches displaying their folly. With the revenue of Nigeria and the defence appropriation Nigeria don't have to borrow even a kobo to fight Bh. The reason for the borrowing is because some group of people have embezzled what was meant for terrorism fight, and also we have an administration headed by Jonathan that is insincere and seriously lack political will to expend the monies on what they are/were appropriated for.

@thosee clowns shouting "you borrowed to buy form": Nigeria's money is not Jonathan's money. The form Buhari bought is for Buhari and will be repaid/serviced by Buhari and not our treasury. Jonathan can borrow up to a trillion dollars for himself and in his name as long as it will be him that will service the loan, I don't care.

You are very intelligent.
We should not be the ones to pay for borrowed and stolen funds. Those in favour of GEJ borrowing, una see una life? No brain to think but just comment.

Thanks again bros for schooling them on this topic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by EldaTimba(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2014
udokas:
. He borrowed to fight Atiku that does not have a single gun, how much then will he borrow to fight BH that has thousands of guns.
I hope Atiku help in refunding buhari's bank loan. I pity the man sha. He will cry next week.
Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Collynzo9: 9:44am On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

He specifically called it a loan, unless you are his accountant.
Stop deceiving people you paid goon.
Re: Nigeria Needs Not Borrow To Fight Boko Haram – Buhari by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 01, 2014
Well said buhari.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Of Buhari Asking Supporters To Kill In 2011 Trending On Youtube / 'A Silent Revolution Is Taking Place In Lagos' - Goodluck Jonathan / FFK And Gani Adams Lost Their Respective Wards (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.