Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta (705 Views)

Delta Election Tribunal Throws Out Ogboru's Case Against Okowa / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / My Distasteful Experience With Nyesom Wike (PDP Rivers Guber Candidate)- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta by manuch(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
Chief Great Ogboru, a governorship aspirant of the Labour Party (LP) has emerged the party’s flag bearer for the 2015 general elections in Delta.
NAN reports that Ogboru was unanimously voted as the flag bearer at the party’s governorship primaries held on Saturday in Asaba.
Mr Carlistus Okafor, LP Deputy National Chairman, South and Presiding Chairman of the primaries, declared Ogboru the soul candidate during the contest.
According to Okafor, 23 governorship aspirants collected form to contest the position under the party.
“Out of the number, eight returned their forms; three were disqualified, leaving five aspirants to contest the primaries.
“However, four of the contestants later withdrew and had accepted to work with Ogboru as the soul candidate for the primaries of this great party.”
He said that the party had implicit faith that Ogboru would deliver in 2015 and urged the people of the state to support him.
Ogboru, who responded after collecting the LP flag for the governorship race, thanked all who supported him in the struggles in the past and pledged to deliver.
He said that the party was ready to fight again but for the last time to clinch the number one seat in the state in May 29, 2015.
He promised to deliver good governance, adding that the state had not, by any way, experienced what good governance was since its creation.
According to him, the battle line has been drawn and there will be a difference in the agitations and struggle to get the power.
“This is the peak of the battle and the last battle that we have to fight; we fought before and we won but they said we did not win.
“The Labour Party does not discriminate but we judge people by the content of their character and this time we are going to labour for victory.
On his part, Mr Fred Obey, Director-General, Ogboru Campaign Organisation, thanked the party and the stakeholders for giving Ogboru the mandate to contest the governorship position in the state.
He promised to work assiduously to win the election in 2015.
Meanwhile, the National Chairman of the party, Abdulkadir Salam, told NAN that the Delta’s primary election was a peculiar one since the party had postponed the exercise nationwide.
He said Ogboru’s victory in Delta would make “great impacts”, especially in the lives of the people at the grassroots level.
Re: 2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta by donphilopus: 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
This man would have since been the Governor of Delta State, if not for rigging. Anyways, 2015 is another opportunity for him to actualize his dream of governing Delta State!
Re: 2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
you qo OLD for there... Nor qo join PDP.............. Mods FP Tinzzz
Re: 2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta by kokoA(m): 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dis man don dey contest for Delta governorship since I dey junior secondary school. shocked
Re: 2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta by donphilopus: 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
kokoA:
Dis man don dey contest for Delta governorship since I dey junior secondary school. shocked

Bros, it does happen . They've been rigging him out, just like the same was Buhari was being rigged out then. We must say NO to rigging this 2015. Our votes must count. If I were Deltan, the only person I'd have supported against Ogboru is Pat Utomi. APC shouldn't fail to field him!
Re: 2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta by kokoA(m): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, it does happen . They've been rigging him out, just like the same was Buhari was being rigged out then. We must say NO to rigging this 2015. Our votes must count. If I were Deltan, the only person I'd have supported against Ogboru is Pat Utomi. APC shouldn't fail to field him!
Apart from that, the man has always been choosing the wrong party. If truly he's always being rigged out, under a strong opposition party he would have had the financial support to hire good lawyers and pursued his case up to supreme court level. He has missed it this time around again. APC would have been a better platform for him in my opinion. How much can LP possibly support him with if eventually he is "rigged out" again.. Haba! Since I dey secondary school o.. and I graduate from university four years ago o shocked sho! Na only him waka come?
Re: 2015: Ogboru Emerges Labour Guber Candidate In Delta by donphilopus: 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
kokoA:
Apart from that, the man has always been choosing the wrong party. If truly he's always being rigged out, under a strong opposition party he would have had the financial support to hire good lawyers and pursued his case up to supreme court level. He has missed it this time around again. APC would have been a better platform for him in my opinion. How much can LP possibly support him with if eventually he is "rigged out" again.. Haba! Since I dey secondary school o.. and I graduate from university four years ago o shocked sho! Na only him waka come?

Lol... Bros, he might have considered joining the APC, but he might have also thought that with the presence of Utomi in the party, it would be very difficult for him to fly the Governorship flag.

As for the financial support of the party, I heard the man is very rich. He may not even need any financial support before he heads to the court. Most people do vote him as a person, not his political party!

(1) (Reply)

Information Technology Sector can Save Nigeria / Christianity And God / The Crimes Of Buhari- By Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.