Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari (2280 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Blame Kachikwu For Your Party’s Woes, Okorie Tells Tinubu / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) / Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 6:32am On Dec 01, 2014
A presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, at the weekend in Enugu stated that the Nigerian military was not to blame for the Boko Haram insurgency that has caused the death of over 13,000 people.

Mr. Buhari stated this while addressing Enugu State delegates to the forthcoming presidential primaries of his party.
The former Head of State noted that “soldiers have been complaining that they are ill equipped, in spite of the trillions spent on defence budget in the last three years.”

Mr. Buhari, who was accompanied by former Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nasir El Rufai, and another party chieftain, Audu Ogbe, observed that 2015 would be another landmark year in the history of Nigeria.

“If you consider the foreign revenue Nigeria has generated since 1999, you will be shocked at how inefficient and corrupt PDP has been.
“If we don’t vote out PDP will vote out Nigerians and we will all be the losers. Cast your votes for us so that we can all fight this inefficiency and corruption,” Mr. Buhari stated.

He advised the party members to get their Permanent Voters Cards which he described as the only ammunition to vote out PDP and make sure their votes count in the 2015 general elections.
Buhari urged the party members to be vigilant, to vote and protect their votes to make sure they count.
In a vote of thanks on behalf of the delegates, Chris Eze said if Nigerians elect Mr. Buhari for President, they will be sure of having a Commander in Chief once again.

Mr. Eze, a retired general, recalled that under Mr. Buhari as Head of State, the Maitasine Sect, which was also an Islamist extremist group, was driven away from Nigeria into Chad.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/172125-dont-blame-nigerian-soldiers-boko-haram-buhari.html
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by chekasforchekas: 6:43am On Dec 01, 2014
Is Buhari trying to tell us that after been voted in that there will be no Boko again?
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 6:57am On Dec 01, 2014
chekasforchekas:
Is Buhari trying to tell us that after been vote in as Gej that they will not be Boko again

soldiers have been complaining that they are ill equipped, in spite of the trillions spent on defence budget in the last three years, Sincerely what have they done with the Money budgeted for defence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:13am On Dec 01, 2014
Our soldiers are not the problem, but the authority that has refused to arm them with sophisticated weapons. Buhari is a retired general that has fought in wars, he knows what he is saying.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by eunisam: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2014
Buuhari are you to be blame?
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 7:22am On Dec 01, 2014
eunisam:
Buuhari are you to be blame?

You need to learn from this young man cheesy grin

OrlandoOwoh:
Our soldiers are not the problem, but the authority that has refused to arm them with sophisticated weapons. Buhari is a retired general that has fought in wars, he knows what he is saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by BlackSEER(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2014
nobody is blaming the soldiers but most of the sabotuers soldiers are mainly from one religion and region
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 7:35am On Dec 01, 2014
BlackSEER:
nobody is blaming the soldiers but most of the sabotuers soldiers are mainly from one religion and region

So what's the way forward
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Caseless: 8:02am On Dec 01, 2014
chekasforchekas:
Is Buhari trying to tell us that after been vote in as Gej that they will not be Boko again
come again! I didn't get u.
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Caseless: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2014
BlackSEER:
if you come to the north, we believe gej is the biggest saboteur in this fight against the insurgency.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
chekasforchekas:

Caseless:
come again! I didn't get u.

Hahahahahahahah cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by BlackSEER(m): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:

So what's the way forward

Honestly speaking,i don't really know the way out.Besides,some people are paid to think about that not me.It is always hard to win a war when your companions and fellow soldiers are working on the interest of the enemy.
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2014
BlackSEER:

Honestly speaking,i don't really know the way out.Besides,some people are paid to think about that not me.It is always hard to win a war when your companions and fellow soldiers are working on the interest of the enemy.

That's true but I believe Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. If and only if we can come together with one voice without been partisian in our dealings, then Nigeria will be a great country without violence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by BlackSEER(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2014
[quote
author=Caseless post=28491378]if you come to the north, we believe gej
is the biggest saboteur in this fight against the insurgency.[/quote]

Is that not hilarious? how can a someone be a sabotuer to himself?Take it or leave it,it is Jonathan that stand to lose more if the bokoharam insurgency keep escalating.People should think before they spew out words.the insurgency is doing no one any good.
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by BlackSEER(m): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2014
[quote
author=Caseless post=28491378]if you come to the north, we believe gej
is the biggest saboteur in this fight against the insurgency.[/quote]

Is that not hilarious? how can a someone be a sabotuer to himself?Take it or leave it,it is Jonathan that stand to lose more if the bokoharam insurgency keep escalating.People should think before they spew out words.the insurgency is doing no one any good.
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 8:22am On Dec 01, 2014
BlackSEER:

It seems you are confused cheesy grin
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by BlackSEER(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:

It seems you are confused cheesy grin

how?
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2014
BlackSEER:

how?

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has once said he will “appreciate
to have Boko Haram as my good friends.” President
Jonathan said this when he delivered his address at the foundation-laying ceremony of Para-military Villages Housing Scheme Development project at Kyami District, along Airport Road, Abuja And he has also once said they're in his cabinet... cheesy grin its left to you to judge him by his altercations
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Ngwakwe: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2014
I thought US and AI said our soldiers human right records were the reason for the arms embargo

If unprofessional Abubakar Shekau is proud of his AK47 Why not our Soldiers or Is it because they can't service their guns?

How many helicopters have they crashed without being attacked?

You mean surrendering their tanks to Bokoharam is not a problem?

Let the truth be told, after Babangida disarmed our Military in 1987 leading to retirement of professional and battle ready forces, all we then got afterwards are white collar soldiers who are best for peace keeping and not trained for nor committed to fight guerrilla warfare.

Let assume the President is having difficulty in manoeuvring Diplomatic sanctions (arms embargo) imposed on it for flimsy human right records of our military. Is it Buhari who failed woefully in diplomacy by trying to kidnap a Nigerian from Europe that knows what to do?

Buhari has zero experience in democratic governance and is not fit to participate having jailed indefinitely whoever discusses such during his despotic regime
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 8:55am On Dec 01, 2014
Ngwakwe:
I thought US and AI said our soldiers human right records were the reason for the arms embargo

If unprofessional Abubakar Shekau is proud of his AK47 Why not our Soldiers or Is it because they can't service their guns?

How many helicopters have they crashed without being attacked?

You mean surrendering their tanks to Bokoharam is not a problem?

Let the truth be told, after Babangida disarmed our Military in 1987 leading to retirement of professional and battle ready forces, all we then got afterwards are white collar soldiers who are best for peace keeping and not trained for nor committed to fight guerrilla warfare.

Let assume the President is having difficulty in manoeuvring Diplomatic sanctions (arms embargo) imposed on it for flimsy human right records of our military. Is it Buhari who failed woefully in diplomacy by trying to kidnap a Nigerian from Europe that knows what to do?

Buhari has zero experience in democratic governance and is not fit to participate having jailed indefinitely whoever discusses such during his despotic regime

Soldiers have been complaining that they are ill equipped, in spite of the trillions spent on defence budget in the last three years... This Boko Haram sect have more sophisticated weapons compared to our Soldiers, if it is easy like you've proclaimed ,why can't US army face ISILs directly

We should be talking about way forward and not condemning one another cheesy grin I believe Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. If and only if we can come together with one voice without been partisian in our dealings, then Nigeria will be a great country without violence.
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by major466(m): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2014
Kworoption is the only Language he understands
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 9:03am On Dec 01, 2014
major466:
Kworoption is the only Language he understands

And condemnation is the only Language you understand cheesy grin
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Caseless: 9:05am On Dec 01, 2014
BlackSEER:

u must understand something; war is not fought to kill alone, it is fought for gains- political gains. So many people have become billionaire through this war. Gej has given 25% of our budget to the fight against insurgency in the last 5 year without anything to show or accounting for what was bought and what was not bought for the military to fight insurgency. If you think gej is not benefiting from this war , then tell me why he ochestrated the october 1st bombing in which he defended MEND that had claimed responsibility earlier? That singular attack ushered in 1000s of bomblast since then.
If gej is not gaining politically and financially from this war, why does he keep boko haram members in his govt and those tagged sponsores have not been tried? Why was a mastermind of nyanya bombing acquitted last of the crime? Why did gej played the tune of chadian president last time by accepting a watery ceasefire agreement with the sect last time, which later gave the insurgent space to regroup and capture more towns last time? If gej is not a saboteur and a beneficiary of this war, why has he not eqiup our military to enable them fight the insurgency proper? Im sure you knw the last time our military bought any military 'hardware' or equipment was in 1979. Gej budgeted over 9 billion dollars to the military and, we stil dont know what they've done with that money, gej is not questioning anyone and u are saying he's not benefitting. We're watching...
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by major466(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:

And condemnation is the only Language you understand cheesy grin
You and I know that APC are good in Condemnation.
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Ngwakwe: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Soldiers have been complaining that they are ill equipped, in spite of the trillions spent on defence budget in the last three years... This Boko Haram sect have more sophisticated weapons compared to our Soldiers, if it is easy like you've proclaimed ,why can't US army face ISILs directly

We should be talking about way forward and not condemning one another cheesy grin I believe Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. If and only if we can come together with one voice without been partisian in our dealings, then Nigeria will be a great country without violence.

Learn how to discuss the topic and analyse political trends and speeches.

This is not a townhall meeting, stop insulting your opponents

We are discussing Buhari's Speech as contained in the article posted.
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2014
major466:

You and I know that APC are good in Condemnation.

Hahahahahahhahahahha That's true cheesy grin
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 9:11am On Dec 01, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Pls can you point out the insult here ''Soldiers have been complaining that they are ill equipped,
in spite of the trillions spent on defence budget in the last
three years... This Boko Haram sect have more
sophisticated weapons compared to our Soldiers, if it is
easy like you've proclaimed ,why can't US army face ISILs
directly
We should be talking about way forward and not
condemning one another I believe Nigerians are the
problem of Nigeria. If and only if we can come
together with one voice without been partisian in our
dealings, then Nigeria will be a great country without
violence.'' In case of next time
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 9:17am On Dec 01, 2014
Ngwakwe:

We are discussing Buhari's Speech as contained in the article posted.

Telling me ''this is not a townhall is an insult'' you're a Moderator doesn't mean I'm your prey. I'm just trying to preach for a better Nigeria with one voice, if someone reported me to you, you should have gone through the thread before making an uncalled for statement, you can ban me for 10years but I can always open another 999 accounts, that's the power of democracy #laughing cheesy
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Ngwakwe: 9:19am On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Pls can you point out the insult here ''Soldiers have been complaining that they are ill equipped,
in spite of the trillions spent on defence budget in the last
three years... This Boko Haram sect have more
sophisticated weapons compared to our Soldiers, if it is
easy like you've proclaimed ,why can't US army face ISILs
directly
We should be talking about way forward and not
condemning one another I believe Nigerians are the
problem of Nigeria. If and only if we can come
together with one voice without been partisian in our
dealings, then Nigeria will be a great country without
violence.'' In case of next time

I deleted the insult from your post and again you refused to read and comprehend my comment before quoting it.

Please, don't derail the thread with your so-called way forward.

What we are discussing is the political and factual correctness of Buhari's statements which I analysed in my first comment.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Abiolainfo: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I deleted the insult from your post and again you refused to read and comprehend my comment before quoting it.

Please, don't derail the thread with your so-called way forward.

What we are discussing is the political and factual correctness of Buhari's statements which I analysed in my first comment.

Noted. Even though ''way forward'' comments is better than Nairaland comments.... Because a forum is a platform of learning and reacting to issues on board.
Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by Dabss(m): 10:09am On Dec 01, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Apart from provision of weapons, what's have we done for the soldiers that lost their lives in the struggle? Nigerian soldiers can never fully face boko harem unless they know that their families will be properly taken care of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame Nigerian Soldiers For Boko Haram – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2014
Dabss:
Apart from provision of weapons, what's have we done for the soldiers that lost their lives in the struggle? Nigerian soldiers can never fully face boko harem unless they know that their families will be properly taken care of.
You're right, there is no welfare package for them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jim Nwobodo's Son Dr. Ifeanyi Nwobodo Buried At Uncle's Compound / Certificate Wahala: Come In If You Love General Buhari.. / Real Face And Attitude Of Nigerian Politicians Before And After Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.