Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) (23962 Views)

Human-like Species Discovered In South Africa (Photos) / Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) / New Species Of Snake Discovered In Brazil Looks Like Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by TheRealMrStan(m): 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
Scientists have discovered a new frog species in southern New Jersey, United States that can make some “un-froglike sounds.” AP reports:
The Atlantic Coast leopard frog groans and makes coughing noises rather than croaking sounds. The unfamiliar call attracted the notice of wildlife experts several years ago in Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge in Morris County.

They photographed the frog and concluded it wasn’t the northern leopard frog or southern leopard frog.

The Courier-Post of Cherry Hill reports a Rutgers University-led team recently identified the species in an online scientific journal. Experts say it shows that the state’s marshes and swamps are valuable to wildlife, even in urban or suburban areas.

The frog has been found along the Delaware River and bay, the Atlantic Ocean coastline, in the Meadowlands and New York’s Staten Island.
http://www.informationng.com/2014/12/new-frog-species-groans-coughs.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by TheRealMrStan(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
I bet some guys were hoping to see the picture of a frog actually coughing. LOL cheesy

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Prince202020(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
OK, nice discovery undecided undecided
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by sirjohnson(m): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
I smell lies...Meanwhile I will set up a committee to look into it

12 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Innodon(m): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
How it take consign us ? Tell that to the Chinese

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by asodeboyede(m): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
His manifold wisdom is endless!
This has been from the beginning, but it pleases the Most High to unveil it now!
That's why they call it discovery....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by factorial1(m): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
I'm coming...
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by FRANCISEKE1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Lots of that in my village....maybe they should come over and discover more

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by georgio(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Wonders shall never end....
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Babaneh(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Ur business I guess!! Mtchewwwww
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
wow.. weird
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by buccal(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
The legend of the coughing frog.new nollywood movie title

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by iamodenigbo1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
ok
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by kingerjay: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
hmmm... wonders...

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by IAMGEJ(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
So dis frog is new? somethin weh I dey see anyhw for my backyard?
Well, time to be scientist too oh.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by joshbouy(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
hmmm, this one is strong!
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by radiorebel(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
ehn
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by reaky(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by boss096(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nothing scientists nr go discover , na wah o

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by SuperModerator: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
I bet some guys were hoping to see the picture of a frog actually coughing. LOL cheesy
audio or I don't believe

5 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Story for the ancient greek gods

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by salvatore007(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Pictures of d frog groanin, coughin and mating or........

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by YungwizzzyPt7: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
[size=25pt] Seun this is not fair oo how can some 2 people have monopoly over fp, even if the content is meaningless they will push their threads to fp in seconds

This is a forum not a blog, you're indirectly discouraging people in creating threads

tenk
[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by iceberylin(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
What will they discover next.....

S frog that csn book space grin

6 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by AKMoney1(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Is it consumable? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Igholize(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Na wa o... Frog don dey cough now ! Tins re hapenin ooooooo
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Truckpusher(m): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
grin grin...You're funny

This particular specie of frogs has been in existence for ages in our tropical rain forest here in Nigeria especially in the swamp delta and all the marshy wetlands of the Niger Delta and southern Nigeria.

Now they are telling us that they cough and groan,the primitive Africans back in the 14th century already knew this ,so why make it news by saying that she groan and cough?

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
I'll be back when am done with this tap of weed.
Re: Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) by okpismart: 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
We are always learning new things about the world every day

Boko Haram Invade Another Borno Town, Kill Dozens
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1780-boko-haram-invade-another-borno-town-kill-dozens

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Homebuilt Radio Control Airplane / Bitcoiner Implants Lightning Chip To Make BTC Payments By Hand (Pix) / Magician Dynamo Levitates From The Roof Of A London Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.