Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,377 members, 7,853,684 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria (17264 Views)

Switzerland To Transfer $300Million Abacha Loot To Nigeria – Minister / How Dasuki Shared N30b 'Loot' To PDP, Reps, Anenih, Senator Ayu - The Nation / How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by Ezedon(m): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
Recovering the money is not the issue, it is what next

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by Jabioro: 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
Like if those polylooters wud make/spend d fund in d right way if it is finally repatriated..Ole gbe ole gba .,taahh!

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by Bantino(m): 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
This Abacha loot no de finish??

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by Akiika: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nooooh! don't return it, donate to red cross or something....it will be RE-LOOTED, we've got a worse looter in Aso rock now.

2 Likes

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by uzolexis(f): 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
the money will be relooted....mks no difference to the common man like me undecided

2 Likes

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by ASL33: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
Yet Buhari still proclaim him innocent and not corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by eleko1: 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
sadD money wey saTANist go relooted
Prince202020:
Good, they should be fast about that. kiss

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by harmory1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
How much did this man actually stole?
Who was the minister of finance and CBN governor during his regime,
They should all be rounded up and shot in the head

you took the words out of my mouth, and that's exactly why majority of the populace in this country will continue to wallow in abject poverty in the mist of plenty
in china where i lives they know how to do the right thing for any culpable person found guilty of corruption

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by domido(m): 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Just hearing Channels Island for the 1st time. Guys where z dis place? Anyways, its recovery from a thief to another. Where does the money go? Does the money go to excess crude acct? Does it reflect on the budget? Abeg make una ansa oooo. I wan know.
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Good and bad news!

Good news is it has been found, bad news? It will get stolen again!

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by lorddannie: 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
2cato:
But some top APC cyber goons are claiming that abacha was saint and that he is by far the best president nigeria will ever have

Buhari and Abacha ran a parallel government, whereby Buhari was made an unquestionable, incontestable and unanswerable lord and chairman of PTF, a fund which he used to marginalized the south.

He used the generated by oil to develop the north west and other areas where his cronies and contractors dwell. The south, particularly south-south where the revenue is generated got less or nothing from PTF projects.

That was broad day robbery, marginalization and discrimination!

The incorruptible came years after to state that Abacha was not corrupt.

Hmmm, the devil wears prada!! grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by phayvoursky(m): 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
yemyem2:

You just took it out of my mouth. That was what came to my mind when I saw the post. God bless your home"

My brother God bless you more
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by emestephen595(m): 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
Obinoscopy:
http://www.punchng.com/news/channels-island-to-return-315m-abacha-loot/

This is a good development. We need all the money we can get at this critical time when the crude oil price is dwindling. Or what do you think?

I forsee the returned loot being looted by this administration that has never indicted any of its executive of corruption

2 Likes

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by KLand(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
Obinoscopy:

This is a good development. We need all the money we can get at this critical time when the crude oil price is dwindling. Or what do you think?

That's good! But what of the accrued interest over the years? They should refund that one too.
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by obekah(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
Sweetcollins:
Let Mr. President set up a committee to always forsee d viable utilization of any 're-looted loot' for youth emancipation and job creations. This money is more than enough to erect a good number of steel company here in Benin...Guess how many families this can alleviate!

My brother u r there ... Just on point !! Inaadition , I pray the Govt will utilize the monies effectively & appropriately .. U understand what I mean ??
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by phayvoursky(m): 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
tolustx:
I don't think I've ever hrd of dat much amt of money in my lyf, not to talk of dat much money being looted by one man. Imagine d worth of that amt of money in d year he stole it. That amt presently equals #78,750,000,000 O boy! O boy!! O boy!!! Diaris God o!!!

315,000,000 British pounds sterling = 91,079,585,730 Nigerian naira.

Current exchange rate. Google it

91 billion, 79 million, 585 thousand, 730 in hundreds.
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by honeric01(m): 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
lol, any money starched away abroad that is being discovered is always linked to Abacha just because the man is dead and can't defend himself. gullible go believe anything they want to hear.

in 5 yrs that Abacha ruled, how much was Nigeria making as revenue and how much was used as Budget?

it should be more than 3 trillion dollars since I have been hearing this return this return that..they keep "returning " invisible Abacha loot lol..

WHERE ARE ALL THE PREVIOUSLY RETURNED LOOT OR DO THEY ONLY EXIST ON THE NEWS MEDIA?

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by sphinx54: 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Obinoscopy:

It will surprise you that the money will...
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nna! "Abatcha loot" no de ever finish? shocked grin undecided

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by honeric01(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
ibibwala:
Nna! "Abatcha loot" no de ever finish? shocked grin undecided

You can ask again... They have returned "his loot" more than 12 times and these loot are always in their billions and in hard currencies.

How much in total did Nigeria make in 5 years under him and how much went into our budget?

I Believe what is happening now is that stolen money by old and new politicians are being recovered but they cover them up with the "Abacha loot" story to conceal the identities of the real looters!

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by Energito: 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
Jez and our so called boko general told us that Abacha did not loot.GBM must not rule.. embarassed
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by RebelLeader15(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
voltron:

We need to set a law by Constitution that any Nigeria whose wealth exceeds $500 Million USD must pay exactly 40% of that to the FG treasury. how did you get that rich without causing the impoverishment and deaths of millions of Nigerians. e.g EMEKA OFFOR, FEMI OTEDOLA, ALIKO DANGOTE, BUBA MARWA, THEO DANJUMA, FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA, BOLA SHAGAYA, ASARI DOKUBO, IBRAHIM BABANGIDA, BOLA AHMED TINUBU, COSMOS MADUKA, IFEANYI UBA, ATIKU ABUBAKAR add yours
Jimoh Ibrahim, Chief Government Ekpemupkolo Tompolo, add yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by major466(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:
BUHARI ooooooooooo

embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry
According to APC Presidential aspirant Gen Buhari, Abacha was not corrupt.
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
honeric01:

You can ask again... They have returned "his loot" more than 12 times and these loot are always in their billions and in hard currencies.

How much in total did Nigeria make in 5 years under him and how much went into our budget?

I Believe what is happening now is that stolen money by old and new politicians are being recovered but they cover them up with the "Abacha loot" story to conceal the identities of the real looters!
what you're saying is very much possible...

but that abacha is never close being a saint.

I could remember back then in kano, his wife was bragging they can never be poor as dangote... can you imagine?

and to buttress that, their son Mohammed Abacha was and is still spending money any how like craze....

whay do you think..?

2 Likes

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by RebelLeader15(m): 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
phayvoursky:

315,000,000 British pounds sterling = 91,079,585,730 Nigerian naira.

Current exchange rate. Google it

91 billion, 79 million, 585 thousand, 730 in hundreds.
Broder mi, this money wey you dey pronounce go give you high blood pressure oooo.

Leave the looting midgets to sum it themselves

3 Likes

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by honeric01(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
henryobinna:

what you're saying is very much possible...

but that abacha is never close being a saint.

I could remember back then in kano, his wife was bragging they can never be poor as dangote... can you imagine?

and to buttress that, their son Mohammed Abacha was and is still spending money any how like craze....

whay do you think..?

I have never said he didn't steal, but saying he stole all these billions running into trillions is silly to me knowing fully well how much oil was selling for then and the economic sanctions Nigeria was slapped with by the West. it just doesn't Make sense.

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by tola9ja: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Obinoscopy:

i beg dont return it now wait till may 2015 when buhari will be president jonathan will also loot it through Alison maduake
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by ozo13(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=ZUBY77 post=28508017]How much did this man actually stole?
They should all be rounded up and shot in the head.

It's only in Nigeria that people still worshiped families that stole them blind.
Abacha's family should be expelled or jailed somewhere.

No Northerner should run for any other presidential election for 100 years.
IBB may have stolen more than Abacha but since he is still alive, it would be difficult to locate them.

Buhari stole too. Forget the 'I will stop corruption " crap..

They are all Thieves.. All of them.. Look at the state of Nigeria, all because of these visionless crooks who sees nothing else but power.

Switzerland to return 700 million dollars abacha loot.
Germany to return 450 million Euros Abacha loot.
Luxembourg to return 600 million dollars Abacha loot.
Cayman Island to return 473 million dollars abacha loot.

Blablabla

Why did it take so long for them to return all this money while watching nigeria borrow money from China every month.
+ d oda 80billion I calculated making it almost 600billion naira (1/10th of Nigeria yearly budget stolen by only one man ...I fink d govt shld setup a ministry for all d stolen money recovered from corrupt official.or else generations to come won't forgive us.

1 Like

Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
honeric01:

I have never said he didn't steal, but saying he stole all these billions running into trillions is silly to me knowing fully well how much oil was selling for then and the economic sanctions Nigeria was slapped with by the West. it just doesn't Make sense.
yea yea... what if he was printing notes then.. ?
I wonder sha... for our country
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by koikoi2(m): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
ZUBY77:
How much did this man actually stole?
They should all be rounded up and shot in the head.

It's only in Nigeria that people still worshiped families that stole them blind.
Abacha's family should be expelled or jailed somewhere.

No Northerner should run for any other presidential election for 100 years.
IBB may have stolen more than Abacha but since he is still alive, it would be difficult to locate them.

Buhari stole too. Forget the 'I will stop corruption " crap..

They are all Thieves.. All of them.. Look at the state of Nigeria, all because of these visionless crooks who sees nothing else but power.

Switzerland to return 700 million dollars abacha loot.
Germany to return 450 million Euros Abacha loot.
Luxembourg to return 600 million dollars Abacha loot.
Cayman Island to return 473 million dollars abacha loot.

Blablabla

Why did it take so long for them to return all this money while watching nigeria borrow money from China every month.

On point.
Re: Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria by eddieedoho: 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Let them tally all of the Abacha loot so that we can know the sum total. Lets also account for all such funds returned. After that we'll track Buhari, IBB and OBJ's loots. Let follow these sequence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari's Speech During #NotTooYoungToRun Bill Signing / Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos / Tinubu Is ‘Well’ - Tunji Alausa Explains President’s Absence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.