Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State (1374 Views)

Nassarawa Lawmakers In Free For All Fight / Court Of Appeals Sacks Seven APC Lawmakers In Ogun / List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by Abiaredemption(m): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2014
It is a pity that most of our elders and parents have sold away their conscience, pride and dignity and have chosen to betray and trade the future of their children for mere money, positions that they are being offered now.
Judging from the results released, the Ad-hoc delegate congress produced 95 percent ward delegates, who are loyalist to the incumbent. Yet, we waited and waited that day but no ward congress was held. In fact, before the day, ward members were told that the congress has been cancelled and they should not bother going to the congress ground for the election. Little did they know that they had already compiled their list. Abia State Lawmakers saw this happen but never reacted.

Just last weekend, we waited and waited for the House of Assembly primaries to commence but no official showed up and later we heard that results have been announced with 99 percent votes, being given to the incumbent’s candidates. These lawmakers still stayed tongue tied.
The past 7 and half years of Abia State under the PDP leadership of T.A Orji, has been disastrous and now we are going to experience another 8 years with elements of T.A Orji all over, except if PDP dosen’t win.

Ochendo who is in his 70’s is expected to make amends in his life and his society, become a chieftain who ensures the security and future of his people, but he has chosen to rubbish his legacy by dragging positions with new era politicians, a position which he might not live to see it’s end.

Okezie Ikpeazu whom is the incumbent’s choice has on the other hand surrendered his destiny, freedom and self-will into the hands of heartless and conscienceless lawmakers. Just for the sake of Power, which will pass away, he has pledged everything including his freedom to the allegiance of T.A Orji in order to give him assurance that he will never do to him, what he (ochendo) did to Orji Uzor Kalu. He has also pledge his family’s freedom and a three quarter fraction of the Abia State’s allocation/tax payers money to be remitted consistently to these lawmakers, for the support he gets from them now. What then will happen to the aim of democracy?
What about men like Martin Luther Jnr. and Nelson Mandela who were outspoken enough to speak for the freedom of their people? Today we celebrate them as legends and their legacy remains forever. Does it mean that we don’t have any person with a quarter of the courage as them in Abia State?

The truth is that Abia State Lawmakers have turned selfish and care about themselves for now. As hungry as they are, they seek for that candidate who they can control because of the role they think they have played in giving him a political position and Okezie Ikpeazu is falling for their manipulations.

The only strong contender left now is Uche Ogah, who has been a sole sponsor of his campaign and political ambition. His political Agenda has a lot of the progress of Abia State in view and judging from the impressions that he has made in the grassroots in the past 4 years, we can say that he seriously want to serve Abians. These Law makers have evaluated their Stake in this man and concluded that if they allow free and fair primaries, Uche Ogah is in a better position to win and if he wins, they will not have any control over the government of Abia State. If that is the case, they will go hungry.

With this simple analysis, we have concluded that Abia State Lawmakers are cowards, hungry, lazy, selfish and they don’t care whatever happens to the rest of the people. Let us take a look at Enugu and Imo State politics, stand and fight for the future of our children.
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by asha80(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
if you do not like what is going on in abia pdp vote other candidates in other parties...it is that simple...if uche ogah does not get the nod of pdp and he does not go to contest in another party then vote for the second best candidate in alex otti it is that simple....must you vote for pdp?cant you voters in abia make deductive reasoning instead of coming to nairaland to lament?e tiri unu egbe n'isi na owu nani pdp ka unu ga na eti vote?huh?haba!
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by Blackfire(m): 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
so options don finish..
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by drnoel: 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Abiaredemption:
It is a pity that most of our elders and parents have sold away their conscience, pride and dignity and have chosen to betray and trade the future of their children for mere money, positions that they are being offered now.
Judging from the results released, the Ad-hoc delegate congress produced 95 percent ward delegates, who are loyalist to the incumbent. Yet, we waited and waited that day but no ward congress was held. In fact, before the day, ward members were told that the congress has been cancelled and they should not bother going to the congress ground for the election. Little did they know that they had already compiled their list. Abia State Lawmakers saw this happen but never reacted.

Just last weekend, we waited and waited for the House of Assembly primaries to commence but no official showed up and later we heard that results have been announced with 99 percent votes, being given to the incumbent’s candidates. These lawmakers still stayed tongue tied.
The past 7 and half years of Abia State under the PDP leadership of T.A Orji, has been disastrous and now we are going to experience another 8 years with elements of T.A Orji all over, except if PDP dosen’t win.
Ochendo who is in his 70’s is expected to make amends in his life and his society, become a chieftain who ensures the security and future of his people, but he has chosen to rubbish his legacy by dragging positions with new era politicians, a position which he might not live to see it’s end.

Okezie Ikpeazu whom is the incumbent’s choice has on the other hand surrendered his destiny, freedom and self-will into the hands of heartless and conscienceless lawmakers. Just for the sake of Power, which will pass away, he has pledged everything including his freedom to the allegiance of T.A Orji in order to give him assurance that he will never do to him, what he (ochendo) did to Orji Uzor Kalu. He has also pledge his family’s freedom and a three quarter fraction of the Abia State’s allocation/tax payers money to be remitted consistently to these lawmakers, for the support he gets from them now. What then will happen to the aim of democracy?
What about men like Martin Luther Jnr. and Nelson Mandela who were outspoken enough to speak for the freedom of their people? Today we celebrate them as legends and their legacy remains forever. Does it mean that we don’t have any person with a quarter of the courage as them in Abia State?

The truth is that Abia State Lawmakers have turned selfish and care about themselves for now. As hungry as they are, they seek for that candidate who they can control because of the role they think they have played in giving him a political position and Okezie Ikpeazu is falling for their manipulations.

The only strong contender left now is Uche Ogah, who has been a sole sponsor of his campaign and political ambition. His political Agenda has a lot of the progress of Abia State in view and judging from the impressions that he has made in the grassroots in the past 4 years, we can say that he seriously want to serve Abians. These Law makers have evaluated their Stake in this man and concluded that if they allow free and fair primaries, Uche Ogah is in a better position to win and if he wins, they will not have any control over the government of Abia State. If that is the case, they will go hungry.

With this simple analysis, we have concluded that Abia State Lawmakers are cowards, hungry, lazy, selfish and they don’t care whatever happens to the rest of the people. Let us take a look at Enugu and Imo State politics, stand and fight for the future of our children.

I almost slept thru out the whole narration. The faith of Abians is in their hands. If they want to suffer anoda 7 years of neglect na dem sabi.
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by doctokwus: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
drnoel:

I almost slept thru out the whole narration. The faith of Abians is in their hands. If they want to suffer anoda 7 years of neglect na dem sabi.
I just wonda. U don't like d candidate "imposed" on u,u have options: it's either u organize a protest and get ur candidate elected if u av d numbers or u vote in anoda candidate. Its annoying to read an adult complain of imposition wen u av options bfore u.
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
So what should we do? Abians destiny is in their hands. If you wish to live and die with PDP then Goodluck and Patience to you'all
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by abbakacici: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
no body is forcing you to vote PDP, the last time i check we have more than 70 parties
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by Abiaredemption(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2014
doctokwus:

I just wonda. U don't like d candidate "imposed" on u,u have options: it's either u organize a protest and get ur candidate elected if u av d numbers or u vote in anoda candidate. Its annoying to read an adult complain of imposition wen u av options bfore u.

I am only giving a report on what I have seen, happen in Abia State so far. Judging from the real scenario, the incumbent will stop at nothing to ensure his man wins. These thing has happened in the past and Abia Lawmakewrs did nothing. Just last Friday, they all matched to endorse T. A Orji's option. I grew up in Abia State but I'm only eligible to vote in my state, Imo State.

I am using this medium to call on Abians to ensure their vote counts
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by Abiaredemption(m): 11:42am On Dec 03, 2014
drnoel:

I am only giving a report on what I have seen, happen in Abia State so far. Judging from the real scenario, the incumbent will stop at nothing to ensure his man wins. These thing has happened in the past and Abia Lawmakewrs did nothing. Just last Friday, they all matched to endorse T. A Orji's option. I grew up in Abia State but I'm only eligible to vote in my state, Imo State.

I am using this medium to call on Abians to ensure their vote counts
Re: See The Hungry Lawmakers In Abia State by size40: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
what's my concern in Abia state and their PDP thing? we the Nigerian youths of today have imbibed a culture of backwardness from our leaders. If for instance party B has the best candidate and program against ur preferred party candidate for an election, vote that candidate that is the best irrespective of his party. After all, an Hausa, Yoruba, Isoko, Ikwerre man etc will not be the governor of Abia state. It is an Abia state man or woman that will still be governor of that state.

(1) (Reply)

Tompolo,ex-mend Commanders Hold Secret Meeting In Asaba / GEJ Admits All Criticism By Governor Rotimi Amaechi / Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.