Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ (984371 Views)

Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Barber's Shop: The Gallery For Men Hairstyles / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 22, 2009
lol
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by madlady(f): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
@mohawkchic, this is a great thread, never really seen it before today.

Do you mind me asking are you a hair stylist?

Got a bit of a problem, Ebonyeyes talked to me about it., maybe you can advice also.

From time  to time I canerow the top of my head, just leaving the back loose, saves me from tonging and a very quick and easy style.
I highlighted my hair for the 1st time last week,  the two things combind seems to be having a negative effect, got really bad headaches.

Anyway to cut a long story short, can you colour and canerow in such a short space of  time?
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2010
~If there are any cons on doing the two shortly after the other,i'm not versed on it. . .I'll have to read it on it ML. . .will get back to you w/ an update. . .
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2010
~These days, the only thing more ubiquitous than the pompadour hairstyle is the Jersey Shore cast. This totally edgy, super-chic, poufed-in-the-front style is hotter than ever, and it’s easy to see why—from a sky-high updo to a more subtle, half-up/half-down style, this look is versatile and flattering on everyone.
Exhibit A: Janelle Monae’s edgy, pompadoured natural! To do, simply leave the bang section of your afro out, and then slick the back portion into a tight French twist.

~Chrisette Michelle adds some ooh-la-la to her ’do by creating a large roll on top.

~Ciara adds serious height to the top of her hair, and sweeps the back into an impossibly long, sexy ponytai. Perfection.

~Beyonce soars to new heights with this seriously teased, half-up/half-down ‘do. We love that she’s boldly flaunting an inch and a half of dark roots—so cool.

~Alicia Keys pairs killer hoops with an eye-catching pompadour for a funky-sexy, downtown-chic moment.

~At a recent red carpet event, Dania Ramirez showed up in a poufed-up, slicked back upsweep.

~“Vampire Diaries” star Katerina Graham piles her long hair on top of her head for a delightfully rumpled, super-high updo.

~Back in 2007, the Baby Phat Fall show showcased models rocking sky-high pompadours and long, wavy hair.

~Jada Pinkett-Smith’s version of the pompadour is decidedly subtle. She added a little bit of height to the front part, and then gathered the top half back in a clip.

~Tatyani Ali backcombed her bangs at the roots, and swept them to one side. We love the low-key glamour of the look.

~Designer Rachel Roy is the picture of chic in this sleek ponytail with backcombing at the front.
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by shilling(f): 2:08am On Feb 07, 2010
Gr8 job @ Mohawkchick et al.
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by ceasyc(f): 3:05am On Mar 14, 2010
@poster/post
u really try

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by soreola(f): 12:45am On Mar 16, 2010
Some of my favs

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by soreola(f): 12:49am On Mar 16, 2010
one more, smiley

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by ckz: 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2010
love the natural hair styles
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2010
~Natural~

~Add a dose of edge to your dreadlocks with this sculptural half-bun, half-ponytail look

~ Experiment with bangs by adding flirty cornrow sweeping across your forehead.

~Want the edginess of a mohawk without the whole, shaved-on-the-sides commitment? Try faking the look with a thick French braid down the center of your head. Pro tip: This is a great look to try if you’re growing out a relaxer.

French Twist

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:48pm On Jun 16, 2010

~Futuristic cornrowed pony

~Half-up, half-down, pompadoured hairstyle . . .you can pump up the volume by teasing your hair gently in the front and pinning it back.

~Curly coif and heavy bangs

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mamagee3(f): 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
mohawkchic:

~Half-up, half-down, pompadoured hairstyle

I prefer this hairstyle more. kiss kiss
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:02am On Jun 17, 2010
~In the early ’90s, there were few things chic-er than an Anita Baker/Halle Berry/Toni Braxton bowl cut (and the ’do looked exactly as it sounds, like someone sat a bowl on top of your head and cut around the perimeter!). These days, celebs have taken this retro look and updated it, experimenting with length, color, and volume. From Mary J. Blige to Rihanna, here are the cute cuts that have us “bowled” over.

~Dirty Money’s Dawn Richard is a purist when it comes to her bowl cut—it’s a perfect retread of Halle Berry’s “Boomerang”-era hairdo in jet black hue

~Nene Leakes’ long, honey-streaked, heavy bangs are a perfect compliment to her strong cheekbones

~Rihanna adds dimension to her retro bowl cut by adding a single black streak to her platinum blonde tresses.

~Elise Neal in lightly feathered bangs

~Keri Hilson put her own funky spin on the classic haircut by maintaining the rounded shape, but adding length.

~Fantasia Barrino wears her sleek, glossy bowl cut slightly swept to one side for a playful look

~Estelle’s flawlessly symmetrical hairdo curves around her brows, perfectly framing her face.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mamagee3(f): 1:26am On Jun 18, 2010
mohawkchic:

~Natural~

~ Experiment with bangs by adding flirty cornrow sweeping across your forehead.

~What a nice hair cut~
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Pweety4me(f): 3:20am On Jun 18, 2010
^Lolz her hair is not cut it's cornrowed tongue u meant hairstyle right? smiley
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2010
i advise my beautiful black sistaz to stay away from these weave etc as we can clearly see by Naomi's pics that it aint good for hair. this poor girl will have to fake it for the rest of her natural life!

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by ikamefa(f): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

old gal is as soooo bald?

must they always fix a weave and put all that horse hair on their heads?

chei! grin grin grin grin
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by wgs: 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2010
Human Hair Extensions are very popular amongst celebrities such as Cheryl Cole and Victoria Beckham.

There are many methods in which hair extensions can be applied to your natural hair. One of those methods is hair weaving. Hair weaving is one of the far safer methods of applying hair extensions. When applying a hair weave many types of hair can be used for example, Non-Remy hair, Synthetic hair, and Remy Hair. The best type of hair to use is Remy Hair. This type of hair is cuticle correct so it ensures that there is no tangling. Synthetic hair can be difficult to manage and as not all synthetic types of hair are good with heat, synthetic hair can easily burn when using straighteners.

Hair Weave can be used to add length, colour or volume to one’s natural hair. For some people it can make a huge difference and unlike glued in extensions if you have weaker thinner hair you will not end up with less hair then you started off with. Hair weave is also great when you’re in that in-between transition from growing out of a bob. They’re perfect as you can avoid having to wait and your hair will grow with the hair weave. The time taken to apply a Hair Weave is far less than other methods of attaching human hair extensions. With some companies like Weave Got Style you can have a full head in under an hour. Removal is easy, there are no chemicals involved, therefore no damage and again you don’t have to sit there for hours. To achieve a great weave it is important that the hair is positioned and blended in so it looks as natural as possible. The quality of the hair is very important for example, poor quality hair is very difficult to wash which means your hair weave would not last very long. With the correct quality hair and great positioning the Hair Weave can be life changing. The human hair extensions are securely attached so unlike the clip-ins there is very little chance of them falling out. With hair weave maintenance is very easy; the hair extensions simply grow with your hair, as the Hair Weave grows out you can come back and have it re-tied. The best way of having your hair weave re-tied is to have it completely removed and refitted. Some companies try and rethread the same hair this does not help it to last much longer and will only be a temporary fix. Also it is very important the stylist repositions the hair in another area slightly above or below the place where your original human hair extension were attached.  Not only can you wash this hair but you can also give this hair a break.

Many people completely forget that Human Hair Extensions are dead hair. Unlike your own hair which is nourished through the food you eat and also oils are produced for it. The dead hair is not given any nourishment in this way. It’s very important to apply oil such as olive oil from mid length to ends and leave it in overnight, this helps to replenish and revitalise the hair. It keeps the hair in good condition so that your hair weave will last longer. This will stop the hair from becoming dry and brittle. It is very important not to apply the olive oil into the roots of your own hair, not only will it make your roots very greasy but it may be impossible to remove, and it may take several washes before the olive oil is completely gone. A great way of removing the natural oils from the roots of your hair is to use dry hair shampoo or a small amount of talcum powder, as over washing your hair weave can lead it to loosen quicker. If you prefer washing it you can just section of the roots and wash the top bit of your hair daily and wash the rest of the weave once a week. When washing the hair weave it is very important to remember not to vigorously rub your hair. It is important to stroke the shampoo into your hair gently. Once the Human Hair Extensions are rinsed off it is vital to apply a very good quality conditioner from mid length to ends and to leave it in for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. This ensures that the hair weave will stay soft and manageable.

A typical hair weave lasts 4-8 weeks depending on how you look after it. If you spend time on maintaining it well the hair weave will last longer, also the hair attached will stay in good condition. If you keep your hair in longer then this you will find that the hair grown out will start to tangle, so it is important to have your hair removed and re-tied regularly.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by ugsh: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2010
whip ur hair

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by whiteroses(f): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2010
^they need to shave that sh1t off her head
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by champion11: 3:51am On Dec 29, 2010
hair suppliers Our Remy Lace Wigs are built on the amazing quality of 100% Remy human hair. Remy human hair. Specially selected from young hair,
hair extensions suppliers our remy lace wigs have been formulated to ensure that all cuticle alignment is maintained. This ensures long lasting wigs that maintain their shine and help you look your best.
hair manufacturers
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by sherrylan: 2:24am On May 13, 2011
Hi , I am sherry from Qingdao doubleleafwig hair products company .
This is a factory .
We can supply kinds of human hair wigs and hair wefts .
My email is doubleleafwig2010@yahoo.com
Our website is www.doubleleafwig.com

If you want to buy the wigs , please feel free to contact me.
Welcome ! o(∩_∩)o…

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by sherrylan: 2:37am On May 13, 2011
The Glueless human hair wig .

Hi , I  am sherry from  Qingdao doubleleafwig hair products company .
This is a  factory .
We can supply  kinds of human hair wigs and hair wefts .
My email is doubleleafwig2010@yahoo.com
Our website is www.doubleleafwig.com

If you want to buy the wigs , please feel free to contact me.
Welcome ! o(∩_∩)o…

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Beatrice91: 2:52am On Jun 23, 2011
wow wink
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by MrsSiena1(f): 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
This is mine

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by lepasharon(f): 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2011
hello guys do u knw wat attachment type i need for bob braids??
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by WAVixen: 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2011
The normal ones you use I guess, all the stylist will have to do is cut it short. Except you are looking for a special hair extension texture. ie curly
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by InkedNerd(f): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2011
Mrs. Siena:

This is mine

Did you recently cut your hair?
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by lepasharon(f): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
WAVixen:

The normal ones you use I guess, all the stylist will have to do is cut it short. Except you are looking for a special hair extension texture. ie curly

Which is the normal one tho,cos that hair is supposed to curl by the jaw
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by MrsSiena1(f): 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Did you recently cut your hair?

Yap I did
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by pattboone: 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2012
No issue where you are on the planet you can already see the effect on the development of the Oriental design market in your regional shops. The Oriental effect can be seen in outfits collections from high end could use to daily younger informal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.