Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. (23620 Views)

Waje’s Hair Shaved By ‘in-laws’ In "Ewuro" / Why Celebrity Homosexuals Are Immuned To Nigeria’s Anti-gay Law / Maheeda Looking Classy In Music Video Shoot (SURPRISING PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by TheRealMrStan(m): 1:18am On Dec 03, 2014
Nigeria's anti-gay law signed by President Goodluck Jonathan early this year did not just stop at prescribing punishments for individuals caught in homosexual acts. There are also provisions and punishments prescribed for individuals or groups of people that campaign, support or promote homosexuality in our society.

Today, many talented and talent-less Nigerian artistes have adopted the ugly trend of constantly featuring 'girl on girl' action in their music videos, thereby subtly promoting Lesbianism. In these music videos, vixens are made to perform lewd and sexually suggestive acts on each other, either as a couple or as groupies.

Videos such as Olamide's 'Story for the gods', Ice Prince's 'N-word' and Naeto C's 'What U want', readily come to mind. The sad and annoying fact is that the ''Lesbian'ish" roles these female extras play on such music videos do not add any artistic value to either the concept or core message (if any) of the song / video.

If Nigerians have taken a stand against homosexuality, why do we permit our entertainers to get away with such indecent acts that are actually a violation of our laws?

Or are we a nation of hypocrites? angry

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by coolcharm(m): 1:24am On Dec 03, 2014
well, it is one thing make laws, it is another thing entirely to enforce them! The National Film Video Censors Board (NFVCB) are pretending to be too blind to see all the mess and indecency all these wanna be artists churn out in the name of entertainment. Meanwhile, the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) will not ask for 'order from above' to go after and punish those who are clearly violating the laws of the land. Na to dey go disrupt our reps for NASS and to dey harass innocent citizens them sabi. Nigeria go better sha.

First time in my 4 years on NL to be FTC. heehee... Martin Luther did it!, Barak Obama did it!, Lee Kuan Yew did it!, I Just did it!... But baby, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Cant DO IT

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 03, 2014
Nigeria laws are only active on papers,without any form of enforcing,or making it work..

Hypocrisy is another factor,where someone would openly condemn something,and stylishly go back to view it..

Example: a father that seized an adult film from his son,and flogged him for watching it, the next day,he woke the son with cane,asking for the part two of the film.

42 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by akom0908(m): 1:25am On Dec 03, 2014
That is why the will never make a hit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by andersyn: 1:25am On Dec 03, 2014
Booking space before I sleep
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by sexybash(f): 1:27am On Dec 03, 2014
Shoki
Olamide no 1
Would ti mu dogoyaro video
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by akom0908(m): 1:27am On Dec 03, 2014
Those people that make the law are the people violating it...those people that made the law are either gays or lesbians so they will never prosecute them

2 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Readonee35L(m): 1:29am On Dec 03, 2014
Story for The Gods

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by colossus2: 1:32am On Dec 03, 2014
So na you dey midnight shift today OP

4 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by slimpoppa(m): 1:33am On Dec 03, 2014
Those videos are 'make-believe'.
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by MysticZeus: 1:33am On Dec 03, 2014
'

We, being the fans can't do nothing than caution them Via Twitter or FB.

It falls solely on the Authorities to do something about it, but I doubt if they ever will tho, because............

You know the rest na wink

2 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by pressplay55: 1:33am On Dec 03, 2014
laws are meant to be broken

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by safarigirl(f): 1:33am On Dec 03, 2014
LOL...abeg if you no like the video no watch am. See talk o.

Abeg how many times did you watch this video before you realised it was promoting homosexuality? E be like say una get time to dey watch video dey dissect them. Pesin even see homosexuality for shoki, me dey dance the thing una dey look video.

It's not by force to watch, if you're uncomfortable with what you see, I'm sure your remote is still functioning. The girls wey dey kiss each other no dey complain. If you watch finish and the thing sweet you, you sef go kiss babe. Abi na you be police or lawmaker wey suppose dey arrest people ni?

19 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Lastdon02(m): 1:34am On Dec 03, 2014
una no d sleep?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by RiffRaff: 1:34am On Dec 03, 2014
Nigerians love Lesbianism but Hate Gay men.

Hypocritical society

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by fighalo(m): 1:34am On Dec 03, 2014
Naija
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 03, 2014
Na wa ooo.. Lesbians are hot tho cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 03, 2014
emmm
I think people tend to tolerate shii like that when it's two females.
__but imagine a guy grabbing anoda guys' "thing"...mbanu. That's X-rated.

It's quite hypocritical...of us (Nigerians)

E done tey Olamide release this song___ why una just dey table the f*ck ups recently??

Anyway, I always knew that song has k-leg like ma legs. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
emmm
I think people tend to tolerate shii like that when it's two females

What are you doing below me?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by colossus2: 1:35am On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:
Abeg how many times did you watch this video before you realised it was promoting homosexuality? E be like say una get time to dey watch video dey dissect them. Pesin even see homosexuality for shoki, me dey dance the thing una dey look video.
It's not by force to watch, if you're uncomfortable with what you see, I'm sure your remote is still functioning. The girls wey dey kiss each other no dey complain. If you watch finish and the thing sweet you, you sef go kiss babe. Abi na you be police or lawmaker wey suppose dey arrest people ni?

Na midnight be this. Why you dey shout?
Lower your voice oh

6 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by chymystique(f): 1:36am On Dec 03, 2014
@Op, since u r so concerned maybe you shld go report them to the authorities.. Am wondering why you are telling us
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 03, 2014
Amefrica:

What are you doing below me?

I was supposed to be ontop, hah? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by ALAYORMII: 1:37am On Dec 03, 2014
We are hypocrites

Lagos law prohibiting public smoking also comes to mind

3 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by illicit(m): 1:37am On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:

you should be resting ur tired brain, cos u typed rubbish

20 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by safarigirl(f): 1:37am On Dec 03, 2014
paleo:

That's true. I second to this. I use to like him but after a nairaland gave the break down of story for the gods as justifying rape, by conception about him began to change.

you people can sha read too much into songs. Justifying rape kwanu? Hian!

The bros did what was supposed to be a funny song, just like stupid love, una say e dey justify rape. Maybe if you people analysed politicians' manifestos as una dey analyse people songs, we would be voting in the right leaders

7 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 03, 2014
Amefrica:
Na wa ooo.. Lesbians are hot tho cheesy cheesy kiss
thank u.. very hot!! cool
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by safarigirl(f): 1:39am On Dec 03, 2014
illicit:

you should be resting ur tired brain, cos u typed rubbish
God bless you too...*returns to watching shoki video* maybe I can spot the homosexuality in it kiss

2 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by unibenstudent1(m): 1:39am On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
emmm
I think people tend to tolerate shii like that when it's two females.
__but imagine a guy grabbing anoda guys' "thing"...mbanu. That's X-rated.

It's quite hypocritical...of us (Nigerians)

E done tey Olamide release this song___ why una just dey table the f*ck ups recently??
madam u no gree sleep?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by safarigirl(f): 1:40am On Dec 03, 2014
colossus2:

Na midnight be this. Why you dey shout?
Lower your voice oh
I'm a Nigerian, my oesophagus is designed to be loud grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adebola Williams: Buhari Didn't Give Me The Change I Helped Him Campaign For / A Kenyan Wants To Kill Paul Okoye. He Replies / Vic O Challenges Shatta Wale To A Rap Battle After He Insulted Nigerians (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.