Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. (23653 Views)

Waje’s Hair Shaved By ‘in-laws’ In "Ewuro" / Why Celebrity Homosexuals Are Immuned To Nigeria’s Anti-gay Law / Maheeda Looking Classy In Music Video Shoot (SURPRISING PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by illicit(m): 2:27am On Dec 03, 2014
^ clears throat...
Lesser evil or not its still not right and i blame the video directors it seems the latest concept in naija hip hop videos

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 03, 2014
Dreyl:
i just tire for the dude.

Abi.
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by illicit(m): 2:30am On Dec 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Abi.
now its u who is derailing, see?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by rman: 2:33am On Dec 03, 2014
Won tun ti de ooo, awon holy people. Everything fun is wrong because their hypocritical self says so.

Leave these artists and their songs alone.

My observation :
Charly Boy with his eccentric behaviour has one wife and probably never cheated on her, Sammy Okposo the gospel singer is a womaniser.

Olamide is a bad boy but Tuface just happens to have three baby mamas.

Denrele and Tonto Dike may actually be great people to have as friends in real life.

Obesere, before his recent rape accusation has one wife while Wasiu Ayinde is a sex freak.

Bill Cosby have been exposed as the biggest sex offender walking free since the 70's. We all know the show that made him popular.

Sometimes, we need to learn to separate reality from entertainment.

Live and let's others live, I don't like gays and lesbians but I wouldn't also ask for them to to be prosecuted.

Songs don't turn people into lesbians, gays, rapists, armed robbers etc Bad people will be bad irrespective of the kind of music played around them.

Growing up, my Dad played King Sunny Ade's album a lot. When I started paying attention, some of his hits songs are full of sexual stuffs and our religious parents see him as a legend.

Music has different genre and a few artists have target audience, so there is room for everyone to pick what rocks their boat.

Nigerian government banning gay and Lesbianism is a sign of a government that has no serious focus.

By the way, if we are going to go down this holy route, 99% of movies coming out of Nollywood needs to be banned too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by illicit(m): 2:36am On Dec 03, 2014
^ dude we are talking about the recent lesbianism featuring in naija hiphop videos, and actually not about any particular musician this time!

2 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by rman: 2:38am On Dec 03, 2014
illicit:

dude we are talking about music videos and not the particular artist this time!

If u have figured this out, then the topic is irrelevant. Thanks
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by illicit(m): 2:51am On Dec 03, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
Nigeria's anti-gay law signed by President Goodluck Jonathan early this year did not just stop at prescribing punishments for individuals caught in homosexual acts. There are also provisions and punishments prescribed for individuals or groups of people that campaign, support or promote homosexuality in our society.

Today, many talented and talent-less Nigerian artistes have adopted the ugly trend of constantly featuring 'girl on girl' action in their music videos, thereby subtly promoting Lesbianism. In these music videos, vixens are made to perform lewd and sexually suggestive acts on each other, either as a couple or as groupies.

Videos such as Olamide's 'Story for the gods', Ice Prince's 'N-word' and Naeto C's 'What U want', readily come to mind. The sad and annoying fact is that the ''Lesbian'ish" roles these female extras play on such music videos do not add any artistic value to either the concept or core message (if any) of the song / video.

If Nigerians have taken a stand against homosexuality, why do we permit our entertainers to get away with such indecent acts that are actually a violation of our laws?

Or are we a nation of hypocrites? angry
@op change the topic, its misleading, its not the artists who directs or arranges what u see in videos unless its a live show or performance, u can blame them for stupid or lewd lyrics but when its a choregraphed video production, blame the director, artistes hardly direct or make their own videos, he or she is almost a guest on the video shoots, he doesnt chose the casts/characters, costume at least not always, and if he dont own his record label his boss might determine what his video will look like
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by TopsyKrete: 2:57am On Dec 03, 2014
gneisss:

lol na u wan be the side nigga abi?

More like a sidekick niqqa
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 03, 2014
Mizmycoli I miss you oo
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by SolomonAdeola: 3:21am On Dec 03, 2014
coolcharm:
well, it is one thing make laws, it is another thing entirely to enforce them! The National Film Video Censors Board (NFVCB) are pretending to be too blind to see all the mess and indecency all these wanna be artists churn out in the name of entertainment. Meanwhile, the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) will not ask for 'order from above' to go after and punish those who are clearly violating the laws of the land. Na to dey go disrupt our reps for NASS and to dey harass innocent citizens them sabi. Nigeria go better sha.

First time in my 4 years on NL to be FTC. heehee... Martin Luther did it!, Barak Obama did it!, Lee Kuan Yew did it!, I Just did it!... But baby, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Cant DO IT

Lol....crazy guy
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by MizMyColi(f): 3:30am On Dec 03, 2014
Awww.....
This is so sweet and thougtful....
My dear, its been study study study sad

Amefrica:
Mizmycoli I miss you oo

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by illicit(m): 3:36am On Dec 03, 2014
^ he is sleeping now

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Emeca: 3:57am On Dec 03, 2014
illicit:
^ clears throat...
Lesser evil or not its still not right and i blame the video directors it seems the latest concept in naija hip hop videos

not really a question of right and wrong. Its the trend these days and the authorities know they cant stop it without turning into fascists, imposing draconian laws to regulate even what u say and wear. Years back it would be scandalous to see half-nakéd girls on d screen bt today its d norm. Times are changing bruh.

Like i pointed out, the only reason it hasnt generated headlines (aside d OP's rant here) is because its just two girls kissing. I can bet my last dime if video showed two guys doing 'it', u would have d NFVCB, lawmakers and politicians alike all flexing their muscles. So in a way its d lesser evil and u just have to live with it.

Disclaimer: this writer makes this analysis within his rights as enshrined in the constituton. It doesnt amount to an endorsement of homosexuality. NPF take note.
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by yerimastyle(m): 4:02am On Dec 03, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
Nigeria's anti-gay law signed by President Goodluck Jonathan early this year did not just stop at prescribing punishments for individuals caught in homosexual acts. There are also provisions and punishments prescribed for individuals or groups of people that campaign, support or promote homosexuality in our society.

Today, many talented and talent-less Nigerian artistes have adopted the ugly trend of constantly featuring 'girl on girl' action in their music no videos, thereby subtly promoting Lesbianism. In these music videos, vixens are made to perform lewd and sexually suggestive acts on each other, either as a couple or as groupies.

Videos such as Olamide's 'Story for the gods', Ice Prince's 'N-word' and Naeto C's 'What U want', readily come to mind. The sad and annoying fact is that the ''Lesbian'ish" roles these female extras play on such music videos do not add any artistic value to either the concept or core message (if any) of the song / video.

If Nigerians have taken a stand against homosexuality, why do we permit our entertainers to get away with such indecent acts that are actually a violation of our laws?

Or are we a nation of hypocrites? angry
@Op how does this songs affect the price of garri in the market what's wrong with Nigerians its not by force what about foreign video we watch.its nnot by force you must watch A TV better throw your screen into the lagoon .
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by philo3(m): 4:18am On Dec 03, 2014
sexybash:
Shoki
Olamide no 1
Would ti mu dogoyaro video

OP didn't ask for suggestion o...
y d hating na.
badOO owe you? undecided
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by easystudy101: 4:36am On Dec 03, 2014
true talk

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by pipz(m): 4:54am On Dec 03, 2014
Its so sad now

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by magabounce(m): 4:57am On Dec 03, 2014
Homosexuality ni... Abegyyyy.....
P/s... Itz kinda soft seein gurlz makeawt sha... Artists undrstnd d concept.. N itz selling
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by JoeCutie(m): 5:01am On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

my fellow witches and I are having ending of the year meeting.
Lol
*justkidding.

Something woke me up. Finding it difficult to sleep back embarassed
Lemme guess; maybe your hubby isn't in bed with you. cheesy
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by TDstarr: 5:09am On Dec 03, 2014
nigerian laws works only on poor people

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by gbodimowo(m): 5:13am On Dec 03, 2014
paleo:

That's true. I second to this. I use to like him but after a nairalander gave the break down of story for the gods as a video justifying rape, by conception about him began to change.

Then u have no mind of your own
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 03, 2014
you are over hyping them with the tag local artists I think clueless is accepted.
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 03, 2014
MizMyColi:

Awww.....
This is so sweet and thougtful....
My dear, its been study study study sad

Yea, same here haha. God dey for us.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by DaBullIT(m): 5:22am On Dec 03, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/2025903/re-us-denies-failing-nigeria

Read why US chose not TO sell weapons to Nigeria
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 03, 2014
RiffRaff:
Nigerians love Lesbianism but Hate Gay men.

Hypocritical society
No be lie,I some like support lesbianism but I can kill a ham if I see one
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by helphelp: 5:35am On Dec 03, 2014
My brother leave the women...

Na the man to man GEJ sign into law
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by tintingz(m): 5:35am On Dec 03, 2014
[size=15pt]Nigeria laws sef na story for the gods[/size] grin
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by irynterri(f): 5:41am On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:
LOL...abeg if you no like the video no watch am. See talk o.

Abeg how many times did you watch this video before you realised it was promoting homosexuality? E be like say una get time to dey watch video dey dissect them. Pesin even see homosexuality for shoki, me dey dance the thing una dey look video.

It's not by force to watch, if you're uncomfortable with what you see, I'm sure your remote is still functioning. The girls wey dey kiss each other no dey complain. If you watch finish and the thing sweet you, you sef go kiss babe. Abi na you be police or lawmaker wey suppose dey arrest people ni?
sis,yes to us it may seem to be nothing,bt wat about the kids who watch dis videos.evryone knows that children have a tendency to imitate anything they see.

2 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:10am On Dec 03, 2014
Pls be specific, say lesbians cos I'm sure men ain't included. You know women can do anything for money since they are devoid of shame. cry

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 03, 2014
pressplay55:
laws are meant to be broken

Keep breaking them, soon you will be used as an escape goat to teach others breaking the laws

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by ireneony(f): 6:39am On Dec 03, 2014
why una de carry head ache for another man problem.....
gay people are just like us, i dont discriminate.

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by juman(m): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2014
You see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mohbad's Son, Liam Celebrates 1st Birthday / Chioma Akpotha, Mercy Aigbe & Mbong Amata Stun At ROK TV Launch In London / Tonto Dikeh Enjoys Christmas With Kids.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.