Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,004 members, 7,845,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. (23648 Views)

Waje’s Hair Shaved By ‘in-laws’ In "Ewuro" / Why Celebrity Homosexuals Are Immuned To Nigeria’s Anti-gay Law / Maheeda Looking Classy In Music Video Shoot (SURPRISING PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Pontaboki: 6:47am On Dec 03, 2014
You will die off Heart Attack on Feb 14 2014.
coolcharm:
well, it is one thing make laws, it is another thing entirely to enforce them! The National Film Video Censors Board (NFVCB) are pretending to be too blind to see all the mess and indecency all these wanna be artists churn out in the name of entertainment. Meanwhile, the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) will not ask for 'order from above' to go after and punish those who are clearly violating the laws of the land. Na to dey go disrupt our reps for NASS and to dey harass innocent citizens them sabi. Nigeria go better sha.

First time in my 4 years on NL to be FTC. heehee... Martin Luther did it!, Barak Obama did it!, Lee Kuan Yew did it!, I Just did it!... But baby, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Cant DO IT
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Mimipauls1(f): 6:51am On Dec 03, 2014
Hmm! YEYEcious People. Mtchew!
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:
LOL...abeg if you no like the video no watch am. See talk o.

Abeg how many times did you watch this video before you realised it was promoting homosexuality? E be like say una get time to dey watch video dey dissect them. Pesin even see homosexuality for shoki, me dey dance the thing una dey look video.

It's not by force to watch, if you're uncomfortable with what you see, I'm sure your remote is still functioning. The girls wey dey kiss each other no dey complain. If you watch finish and the thing sweet you, you sef go kiss babe. Abi na you be police or lawmaker wey suppose dey arrest people ni?

So disapointed. cant believe i used to follow you on nairaland. I thought you were reasonable. I Guess i was wrong.you just showed the extent of your morality. If as a female you are comfortable with the lyrics and video of 'story for the gods' then i wish you the very same thing the song promotes

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by okych16(m): 7:11am On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:
LOL...abeg if you no like the video no
watch am. See talk o.

Abeg how many times did you watch this video before you realised it
was promoting homosexuality? E be like say una get time to dey watch
video dey dissect them. Pesin even see homosexuality for shoki, me dey
dance the thing una dey look video.

It's not by force to watch, if you're uncomfortable with what you see,
I'm sure your remote is still functioning. The girls wey dey kiss each
other no dey complain. If you watch finish and the thing sweet you, you
sef go kiss babe. Abi na you be police or lawmaker wey suppose dey
arrest people ni?

So that native doctor in your vilage neva give u back your brain... Choi...that man weaked oh

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by watchindelta(m): 7:27am On Dec 03, 2014
the gods are not to blamed.
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Hatchetman1(m): 7:35am On Dec 03, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
Nigeria's anti-gay law signed by President Goodluck Jonathan early this year did not just stop at prescribing punishments for individuals caught in homosexual acts. There are also provisions and punishments prescribed for individuals or groups of people that campaign, support or promote homosexuality in our society.

Today, many talented and talent-less Nigerian artistes have adopted the ugly trend of constantly featuring 'girl on girl' action in their music videos, thereby subtly promoting Lesbianism. In these music videos, vixens are made to perform lewd and sexually suggestive acts on each other, either as a couple or as groupies.

Videos such as Olamide's 'Story for the gods', Ice Prince's 'N-word' and Naeto C's 'What U want', readily come to mind. The sad and annoying fact is that the ''Lesbian'ish" roles these female extras play on such music videos do not add any artistic value to either the concept or core message (if any) of the song / video.

If Nigerians have taken a stand against homosexuality, why do we permit our entertainers to get away with such indecent acts that are actually a violation of our laws?

Or are we a nation of hypocrites? angry
Nigerian law they luk face ooo... No go tink say iceprince do am olamide do am.. Make I do too dem go lock u

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Vince77(m): 7:35am On Dec 03, 2014
RiffRaff:
Nigerians love Lesbianism but Hate Gay men.

Hypocritical society

Exactly.
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:37am On Dec 03, 2014
The law is useless! It should be scrapped. At best you can banned public display of homosexuality lol. Actually we are making a mockery of ourselves as a nation with that useless law.

1 Like

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by holatin(m): 7:48am On Dec 03, 2014
Denrele nkob??

sorry you said artiste ??
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by joseph1832(m): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2014
If you ask me I'll say this issue of homosexuality and the law guiding it here in Nigeria is kind of a farce.

Apart from these "talented and talentless" artistes advocating for homosexuality gentle via what they show in your videos, one should apply deeper meaning to what these artistes plan on doing to the mind of the nigerian child, implanting these lewd images in the mind of children making them believe the things they see these artistes do is cool and thereby trying to copy them.
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by debrihachi(f): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2014
ALAYORMII:
We are hypocrites

Lagos law prohibiting public smoking also comes to mind
y should someone smoke in public?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Samzzy94(m): 8:05am On Dec 03, 2014
Yomieluv:
Nigeria laws are only active on papers,without any form of enforcing,or making it work..

Hypocrisy is another factor,where someone would openly condemn something,and stylishly go back to view it..

Example: a father that seized an adult film from his son,and flogged him for watching it, the next day,he woke the son with cane,asking for the part two of the film.

Hahahahaha....... So common with Nigerian parents
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Mishaelonye(m): 8:10am On Dec 03, 2014
If woman slap woman Butt it's Okay..but if man slap man butt,Now that is just wrong..*take me to court* #Nword
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by safarigirl(f): 8:18am On Dec 03, 2014
dicefrost:

So disapointed. cant believe i used to follow you on nairaland. I thought you were reasonable. I Guess i was wrong.you just showed the extent of your morality. If as a female you are comfortable with the lyrics and video of 'story for the gods' then i wish you the very same thing the song promotes
I don't even know what it promotes cuz I barely listen to it. You're all useless hypocrites. What bloody morality are you on about? You live in a country where everyone is either an active or a potential thief, where ladies abort their babies daily, where pre-marital s3x is the order of the day and anyone who doesn't practice it is branded a fool or weird, yet you want to come here and form 'morality'. Na thunder go fire anybody wey dey involved in any of the above wey wan come here form 'morality'. Whether theft, fornication or homosexuality, it's all same sin. You have zero moral grounds to judge anything. If you don't like the song, the video or the message DON'T WATCH/LISTEN TO IT. And thanks for unfollowing me, I don't deal with hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by darediamond(m): 8:18am On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:
I'm a Nigerian, my oesophagus is designed to be loud grin
grin grin andegarba!!
grin grin andesekumok!!
grin grin
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

my fellow witches and I are having ending of the year meeting.
Lol
*justkidding.

Something woke me up. Finding it difficult to sleep back embarassed
husband ish i guess cheesy
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Crocz(m): 8:49am On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

I was supposed to be ontop, hah? undecided

1:37am shocked shocked shocked

What ya doing up by that time?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:
I don't even know what it promotes cuz I barely listen to it. You're all useless hypocrites. What bloody morality are you on about? You live in a country where everyone is either an active or a potential thief, where ladies abort their babies daily, where pre-marital s3x is the order of the day and anyone who doesn't practice it is branded a fool or weird, yet you want to come here and form 'morality'. Na thunder go fire anybody wey dey involved in any of the above wey wan come here form 'morality'. Whether theft, fornication or homosexuality, it's all same sin. You have zero moral grounds to judge anything. If you don't like the song, the video or the message DON'T WATCH/LISTEN TO IT. And thanks for unfollowing me, I don't deal with hypocrites

So that is your justification for endorsing a song that promotes rape' and homosexuality?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by safarigirl(f): 8:56am On Dec 03, 2014
dicefrost:

So that is your justification for endorsing a song that promotes rape' and homosexuality?
you people have comprehension problems in this country. Where did I endorse the song?

I said watching it is voluntary. Did I say go and watch it? Or would you rather just read what you want to read? When I say I barely listen to the song, does that sound like an endorsement?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by ALAYORMII: 10:00am On Dec 03, 2014
debrihachi:

y should someone smoke in public?

Am not in support of smoking at all let alone in public.

There's a law prohibiting smoking in public in Lagos State bur what do you see?

They don't only smoke in public bur they go as far as marijuan.a, skunk and what have you.
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by ChurchillStorm: 10:23am On Dec 03, 2014
Funny how the post has "69" Likes... This is some lesbian shid
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:

The girls wey dey kiss each other no dey complain.
you are sounding like a les
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Efomeh2020(m): 11:18am On Dec 03, 2014
They can ban showing of miracles on TV
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by coolcharm(m): 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
SolomonAdeola:

Lol....crazy guy

lolzz... i see u
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by abbey621(m): 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
Since when does acting in movies or music videos equals reality?? I'm beginning to think some of you are suffering from some type of mental disorder. It's one thing to criticize a song or a movie, it's another thing to suggest that the entertainers face criminal charges. I've seen many people complain that artiste are not creative, that everybody sounds the same and no originality. Yet when a video like Olamide's story for the gods debut, the same people complain that it promotes rape, lesbianism and so on; are you guys sick or just mischievous?
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by efficiencie(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
safarigirl:
LOL...abeg if you no like the video no watch am. See talk o.

Abeg how many times did you watch this video before you realised it was promoting homosexuality? E be like say una get time to dey watch video dey dissect them. Pesin even see homosexuality for shoki, me dey dance the thing una dey look video.

It's not by force to watch, if you're uncomfortable with what you see, I'm sure your remote is still functioning. The girls wey dey kiss each other no dey complain. If you watch finish and the thing sweet you, you sef go kiss babe. Abi na you be police or lawmaker wey suppose dey arrest people ni?

Too bad...these videos DE-SENSITIZE those that watch and strips them of every 'ounce' of CONSCIENCE producing anti-social practices like RAPE, PEDOPHILIA, INCEST, BESTIALITY and other vile practices...

It's rather unfortunate that the law prohibiting homosexuality was simply a POLITICAL POINT SCORED by an administration that needs a lot of damage control to do!

It's a pity...our fathers have eaten sour grapes and the children's teeth are set at edge...such a pity!!!
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by coolcharm(m): 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
Pontaboki:
You will die off Heart Attack on Feb 14 2014.
Bro... easy. he comes back or not, i gat no problem. all i care about is an effective and transparent leadership from the number one citizen. if he dose come back, we'll have to endure another four years of slow motion but that is non of my business. aren't we used to it already? btw, i cant die of heart attack. i am still young, vibrant, free and forward thinking. grin cheesy grin
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Les: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
kenkwodoski:
you are sounding like a les
dammeat, she's not me!!
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Les:
dammeat, she's not me!!
and who are you
Re: Some Local Artistes Violating Nigeria's Anti-gay Laws In Music Videos. by darkjorse: 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
OP go join Boko Haram since na the only problem you see in Nigeria. You even dey watch TV and count the girl on girl action. It TV go make you sin then don't watch and there are plenty Christian channels you can watch. You are not the defender of the universe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DJ Neptune Reacts To Davido's Next Album Drop With Epic Reply - Check / Burna Boy Is Sick & The Hospital [PHOTO] / Peter Okoye Looks Dapper In Corporate Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.