Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,813 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? (3968 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Marymos: 8:22am On Dec 02, 2008
i thought the emerge of president yar'adua will usher us into a new dawn with his so called rule of law sydrome.but base on his performance so far and the way things are going,i don't see him making any difference or impact.to worsen things,the senators and house of rep. are not helping matters.i will like to submit here that obj is the best president this country has ever had  base on his achievement and performance.although he had his weakness and imperfection but he made his mark.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by udezue(m): 8:36am On Dec 02, 2008
lol please
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Jarus(m): 8:39am On Dec 02, 2008
Obansejo? Ok, I thought you said Obasanjo.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by princekevo(m): 9:05am On Dec 02, 2008
Lol!!! Abegi Oba waitin u call am? No be only best. smiley
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by MaiSuya(m): 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2008
Marymos:

i thought the emerge of president yar'adua will usher us into a new dawn with his so called rule of law sydrome.but base on his performance so far and the way things are going,i don't see him making any difference or impact.to worsen things,the senators and house of rep. are not helping matters.i will like to submit here that obj is the best president this country has ever had  base on his achievement and performance.although he had his weakness and imperfection but he made his mark.

Quite impresive. & I think I agree wit u wink
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by ikeyman00(m): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2008
@ post

yes best for the yorubas! the most educated people of nigeria
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Muza(m): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2008
But seriously i think yar adua will be worse than Obj,cos i knew yar adua when he was in katsina.
Hes a dictator,and his wife controls the greater part of him(how?,don't ask me).
And wat can a woman know about ruling the most populous black nation.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by dnex(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2008
Uncle Sege really tried and he knew just what to apply to this unique Nigerian Democracy, but his time is up and we must now learn on our own.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Seun(m): 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2008
Hes a dictator,and his wife controls the greater part of him(how?,don't ask me).
And what can a woman know about ruling the most populous black nation.
This is the most ridiculous and contrived non-argument I've ever read on Nairaland in a very very long time.  
I don't even know where to start.  Let me try: if he is a dictator, how does his wife manage to control him?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by debosky(m): 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2008
Seun:

This is the most ridiculous and contrived non-argument I've ever read on Nairaland in a very very long time.  
I don't even know where to start.  Let me try: if he is a dictator, how does his wife manage to control him?

For the sake of argument, let me humour you. tongue

He can be a dictator - in the eyes of the public, i.e perceived as a dictator. This is as an interpretation of his actions - he doesn't listen to public opinion, he does what he wants to regardless of opposition to it. He will step on toes and will not apologise, his actions are based solely on his own considerations, etc.

His wife can control him, with him still remaining 'a dictator' thus: She influences his actions in private and feeds a lot into his actions such that he is unaware of her controlling influence and thinks the actions are all his own. In most cases, this controlling behaviour is not known till after the fact, so everyone still regards OBJ as the dictator, since he essentially was the person in power not his wife.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Muza(m): 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2008
debosky:

For the sake of argument, let me humour you. tongue

He can be a dictator - in the eyes of the public, i.e perceived as a dictator. This is as an interpretation of his actions - he doesn't listen to public opinion, he does what he wants to regardless of opposition to it. He will step on toes and will not apologise, his actions are based solely on his own considerations, etc.

His wife can control him, with him still remaining 'a dictator' thus: She influences his actions in private and feeds a lot into his actions such that he is unaware of her controlling influence and thinks the actions are all his own. In most cases, this controlling behaviour is not known till after the fact, so everyone still regards OBJ as the dictator, since he essentially was the person in power not his wife.

Debosky thanks for pointing that out.

Seun wat other name can you call the closure of tv stations arrest of jonalists,crucification of nuhu ribadu.
And one day you will remember that i said this:Turai yar adua will be the riches first lady Nigeria ever had.
She has just been grabbing everything that she can lay her hands on.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2008
Don't we have enough of these ridiculous threads already?? Why do we care about these things after all we have learnt ? Jeezzzz!!
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by chidichris(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2008
poster,performance can only be judged over a certain period of time and if that is done, no one has enjoyed the 2 tenures of 4 yrs each as an elected president in nigeria.
the only time we will compare yar adua and obj will be after second tenure and a failed third term agenda that will be followed with another stupid selection.
how do u even compare a producer with its product? if yar adua is a disgrace, nigerians still have obj to blame for forcing such a dummy on us.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Topsido(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2008
Obasanjo is the best president Nigeria ever had, True!
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2008
Can some of you list the accomplishiments that Baba Aremu made during his administration.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Muza(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2008
He made shocked $16bn for himself and his cronies,thats excluding aviation,transport,health,water,agric,Nigcom-sat,Chogom,Coja,phantom excess crude account, etc
he made Africa's richest man,
He wiped a whole town in Odi and Zaki-biam,
He presided over the most rigged election inthe history of mankind (Do or die affair grin),
He increase fuel price every year,generating more revenue for political office holders to squander,
He arrested pick-pockets and let armed robbers to go free,
I can go on and on till i fill naira land database.,

The guy really achieved alot,lets see if Yar adua go surpass him achievements grin
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by ikeyman00(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2008
musa

this is the best the most educated tribe yoruba can offer

yes he is the best
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Jarus(m): 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2008
Seun:

I don't even know where to start. Let me try: if he is a dictator, how does his wife manage to control him?
If Seun, who has read almost every single post on NL since inception, could describe a post as 'the most ridiculous' he has ever read on his NL, then na wa for the poster of that post oooo
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by OBVIOUS(m): 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2008
ikeyman00:

musa

this is the best the most educated tribe yoruba can offer

yes he is the best

L O L. I like the subtleness of that statement.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by OBVIOUS(m): 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2008
I don't even know where to start. Let me try: if he is a dictator, how does his wife manage to control him?

Seun, many posts on NL are not research-based but opinon-based therefor I can only conclude that ridiculous or not, everyone is and should be entitled to thier opinions.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Jarus(m): 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2008
ikeyman00:

@ post

yes best for the yorubas! the most educated people of nigeria

Na wa for u guys oo.
Tribal bashing seems to have come to stay as the end-result of any topic on NL now, even if the topic is Arsenal v Man-U.

I wonder what tribe has got to do with this thread, no wonder you were nominated
Polls have closed and Tpia maintained her landslide victory at 16(77%0 votes(TPIA)/4(23%) votes(Deepzone). We are expecting Deepzone to give her concession speech any moment from now.

The TRIBALIST ELECT, Tpia will commence the selection of her staff that is expected to include high powered racists and tribalists in Nairaland. She may have promised "change" during her campaign but something is telling me that she will still use Nairaland's seasoned tribalists in her administration. This is the first time a woman is leading the yoruba ethnic group in tribal issues. She led a succesful and most "attack dog" campaign in history.

Her secretary of state: Quotasystem

Attorney General: Laudate

C.O.S: Ikeymann

Chief of Defense: McUsman and many more.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Don't we have enough of these ridiculous threads already?? Why do we care about these things after all we have learnt ? Jeezzzz!!

Really? I thought you thrived on these kind of threads tongue
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by OBVIOUS(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2008
L O L
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by oderemo(m): 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2008
all i need is a gentle massage on their neck.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by dayokanu(m): 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2008
Yes Muza. OBJ is the worst the country has produced. You have forgotten the numeous political killings.

@ Ikeyman,
But was it not the Igbo's and Hausa's that brought him to power.

Yoruba's gave Nigeria Ivy league trained Olu Falae but you non Yoruba's prefer OBJ and got what y'all deserved.

In 1999 OBj didnt get 40% vote in any Yoruba state. Even in his Local govt!!!

But won overwhelmingly in Non Yoruba states so Non yoruba's are to blame for bringing Monster OBJ to power.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by geolabious(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2008
[size=13pt]Who IS Obasanjo
Anybody wit ideal[/size]
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Muza(m): 11:37pm On Dec 04, 2008
Jarus:

If Seun, who has read almost every single post on NL since inception, could describe a post as 'the most ridiculous' he has ever read on his NL, then na wa for the poster of that post oooo

Jarus u are so naive,who told you seun has read all the post in naira land.Even if he has read all,i'm entitled to my opinion.
I know beyond reasonable doubt that turai control yar adua,in time u will see wat i'm sayin
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by ikeyman00(m): 11:46pm On Dec 04, 2008
dayokano
@ Ikeyman,
But was it not the Igbo's and Hausa's that brought him to power
. for where? na hausa political gangster; and mind u, its only the igbo that can take bold step to fix things up?

jarus

u funny i lie? yes i guess it still the best the most educated tribe can offer? lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by dayokanu(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2008
@ Ikeyman,

The most educated ethnic group group gave you a well educated man in Olu Falae but the rest of Nigeria

wanted a crude farmer and soldier that was a never do well and they got their desire.

OBJ won 100% in all Igbo and Niger Delta states a feat he did not make in Hausa states and Yoruba states.

So we can remove the blame from Yoruba's. OBJ did not win in any Local govt in the South west!!!!!

But won all LGA's in the South east!!! Igbo's like and voted all the time for OBJ

Like someone coming to your house to pick the worst child who is a rascal to be King as against your advice for him to

pick the intelligent and educated son and he now comes back to blame you after the rascal son has misruled the land!!!!
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Eziachi: 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2008
dayokanu:

@ Ikeyman,

The most educated ethnic group group gave you a well educated man in Olu Falae but the rest of Nigeria

wanted a crude farmer and soldier that was a never do well and they got their desire.

OBJ won 100% in all Igbo and Niger Delta states a feat he did not make in Hausa states and Yoruba states.

So we can remove the blame from Yoruba's. OBJ did not win in any Local govt in the South west!!!!!

But won all LGA's in the South east!!! Igbo's like and voted all the time for OBJ

Like someone coming to your house to pick the worst child who is a rascal to be King as against your advice for him to

pick the intelligent and educated son and he now comes back to blame you after the rascal son has misruled the land!!!!

You got very good and valid point, no doubt about it but Yorubas then soiled their clean hand of 1999 but making a U-turn in 2003, when SE, SS and others are about to wise up, when the Yoruba party (AD) even decided not to run a candidate against OBJ, including the foolish AD governors that saw themselves rigged out bacause this sudden change of stand. Then OBJ won by more than 100% from little % in 1999.

Yar Adua is making OBJ look not only handsome but intelligent.
Poor Nigeria!
You deserve your leaders, afterall you fought a three years old war to get one Nigeria entrerprises going.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by chidichris(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2008
now that he has failed, yorubas are looking to wash their hands off him.
if you did not vote for him, why did u born and rfaise such a mosnter?
things like obj are not surposed to be allowed to grow among men.
una olu felae wouldn't have done better
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by ikeyman00(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2008
the most educated tribe proofing quite genetically cunning ?

obj? best they can offer, all of a sudden obj become by-product of south-east

na wo lagos na wo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria / APC Governors Now 23, Set To Take Over Aso Rock In 2015 — Okorocha / Attension! Femi Fani Kayode Damages APC And Buhari On Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.