Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters (47742 Views)

Dino Melaye Graduated With 3rd Class, ABU Exam Officers Claim - SaharaReporters / Nigeria May Soon Be In Total Darkness — Egbin CEO / OBASANJO: Nigeria Problems Will Continue If Buhari ..... Hmmmmm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by BrosPeter: 6:10am On Dec 05, 2015
Obasanjo’s Bombshell That Nigeria May Soon Explode Is Not A Prediction To Be Taken Lightly By Dr. Wumi Akintide
When Matthew Aremu Okikiola Olusegun Obasanjo says that Nigeria is going to explode, you better believe him. If any of you reading this does not take that prediction seriously, I do, and here is why. I know Obasanjo arguably better than most of you reading this.
Obasanjo has remained an enigma for all of the years I have been knowing him. I came to know Obasanjo serving in the Corps of Engineers and I fully understood how he came to replace Benjamin Adekunle the black scorpion as the Commanding Officer of the Third Marine Commando who eventually ended the Biafran War for Nigeria. I was privileged to read classified materials in my capacity as Assistant Secretary and I took mental note of all important documents that passed thru my desk as a historian and a very inquisitive mind. I was 26 at the time and my mind was very sharp.

There is no greater wizard and tactician than Obasanjo even though his look and persona would make you think of him as a light weight. He was a brilliant man and he still is. If Obasanjo opens his mouth to say something, you better pay attention because that man is something else. His stomach is as deep as the well, and Nigeria cannot and must not ignore him as long as the man lives. He knows a lot more about Nigeria than the rest of us. That is just the plain truth and information is power and a big tool for decision-making. He is also a prolific writer who knows what he wants and how to get it. He has been everything he has wanted to be in Nigeria because he has seen it all. He speaks Hausa with the dexterity of a Dan Maraya. He has contacts everywhere in Nigeria and abroad, and he can use it if he needs to.

He was at one point in his career the only southerner the whole of the powerful North could trust. He became the longest serving President of Nigeria for that reason and he wanted Yar Adua’s regime to be his third term and Jonathan’s regime to be his 4th and could have achieved both on a platter of gold but for the sudden death of Yar Adua and circumstances totally beyond his control.

Obasanjo was on his way to become the successor to Butros Butros Ghali of Egypt as the Secretary General of the United Nations. He lost the chance to Kofi Annan by a whisker. I was a local staff at the Permanent Mission of Nigeria to the United Nations serving under a good friend of mine, late General Joseph Garba and I knew how the Maradona General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida managed to play him out of that job without appearing so to do.

Obasanjo lost to Kofi Annan of Ghana in large part because America trusted Kofi Annan more than they did Obasanjo who was a military dictator before seeking that office. Kofi Annan was a product of MIT in Boston. Today Obasanjo is Chairman of the Committee of former Heads of State of the whole world with many more contacts than any former or current President could ever muster.

No Nigerian executive Head of State has ever achieved such lofty height. It takes a lot of guts to be what Obasanjo has been to Nigeria in a country of 180 million people.

Obasanjo has done 3 things that no other Nigerian President has ever done. He introduced the Land Use Decree to the South thru subterfuge and he got away with it. He quietly diversified the concentration of military bases in the North and he took them to all other parts of Nigeria without pulling punches. By so doing, he has made it literally impossible for military coups to ever succeed again in Nigeria. That was a cardinal achievement in my opinion.

He built a Presidential Library, the first on the African continent, and second only to the American presidential Libraries. Love him or hate him, Obasanjo has gone down in history as the greatest political leader of his era in Nigeria, if you are judging him by his milestone achievement as a leader.

[size=13pt]Buhari and his Government would be insane to ignore Obasanjo. The prediction Obasanjo has just made is a fallout from the recent announcement by Buhari that his quest to stop Corruption in Nigeria is going to go beyond the Jonathan Administration and spill over to Yar Adua, to Abdulsalam Abubakar to Abacha, to Ibrahim Babangida and predictably to Obasanjo himself.[/size]

If Buhari does that, Obasanjo’s prediction is sure to come true. I would have to agree with Obasanjo on that knowing what I know. To probe all previous Administrations in Nigeria is a desirable goal to contemplate but one mission impossible to accomplish or actualize. If Buhari tries it, he can begin to sing his “Nunc Dimitis” because he would not survive the fallout from it for reasons which I will briefly elaborate upon with the remaining segment of this write-up.

I have long cautioned Buhari for playing “Ijapatiroko Oko Ayanrinbo” in Yoruba mythology. “Ijapa” the tortoise once upon a time went round the whole world looking for the key to wisdom. He gathered all the wisdom everywhere he could find them, and he locked them up in a calabash and he kept the key to himself because he wanted to be the wisest man in the world if not the only wise man.

I see Buhari as the “Ijapa” who thought he was the only wise man and the only man who could solve all the problems of Nigeria in one fell swoop. It is a crazy idea for a 73 year old man in a mid-life crisis to even contemplate. He could only do but so much, because Nigeria is so deep in corruption that Buhari would have to jail more than a million Nigerians to get anywhere close to what he wants to do.

If his goal is to go beyond the Jonathan Administration. The Nigerian Judiciary is going to mess him up and slow him down as it is already doing. He is going to make so many enemies along the way that he would end up becoming his own worst enemy. It is then that he would realize that he has been riding on the back of a tiger all along, and that he could predictably end up in the belly of the tiger when disembarks.

If he had learned any lesson at all from the 1985 Coup that sent him into the Turkey farm, he would not take the Obasanjo’s prediction lightly at all.

I know that many would say that Obasanjo is trying to save his own neck by making the prediction. That may well be so, but I strongly believe he has a bona fide intention in offering that advice ahead of time so Buhari can think again and not start a job he cannot finish.

The man must always remember he has only 4 years to prove his mettle and that he has so many enemies who will be kicking and screaming just to distract him and to make him fail. I am able to give him this word of advice because I want him to succeed.

If Buhari thinks that everybody who smiles at him is his friend, he still has a long way to go and would never reach his destination even if he works 24 hours a day. There is a chance he would suffer a burnout in a short time and leave the country in a far worse shape than he met it. That is what Obasanjo is talking about and that is what I am talking about.

I rest my case.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/04/obasanjo%E2%80%99s-bombshell-nigeria-may-soon-explode-not-prediction-be-taken-lightly-dr-wumi-0

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Demmocrats(m): 6:11am On Dec 05, 2015
He was a brilliant man and he still is

Brilliant in what sense, he made policies that impoverished millions and ruined so many youths destiny.

Nigeria is cursed to have people like him.

What ever that is wrong with this nation has 50 percent root back to OBJ.

I pray Hades comes and claim this curse called OBJ.

163 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by BrosPeter: 6:18am On Dec 05, 2015
The prediction Obasanjo has just made is a fallout from the recent announcement by Buhari that his quest to stop Corruption in Nigeria is going to go beyond the Jonathan Administration and spill over to Yar Adua, to Abdulsalam Abubakar to Abacha, to Ibrahim Babangida and predictably to Obasanjo himself.

cc:lalasticlala, obinoscopy, mynd44

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by UmuEri(m): 6:30am On Dec 05, 2015
Obasanjo is a bunch of stupidity - Tinubu

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by kafibiz(m): 6:32am On Dec 05, 2015
True talk Op

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Bevista: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2015
The writer may have raised valid points, but this appears to me as protection-seeking and blackmail.

PMB must not be dissuaded by these WITCHES. He must stay focused on the agenda no matter whose ox is gored. They must all be HUNTED down!

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Teryfik(m): 6:45am On Dec 05, 2015
I v read i nid 2 digest it xo let me wake up 1st

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by shepherd77: 6:55am On Dec 05, 2015
Nothing will happen, Nigeria will heat up and some people will cry that's all.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by biafranqueen: 6:56am On Dec 05, 2015
Buhari has really turned this placed to a zoo and the 95% voted this monkey in.

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Swizdoe(m): 7:04am On Dec 05, 2015
To be honest, the current is nowhere near impressive..... Meanwhile interested applicants should check my signature
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by phlemzy: 7:08am On Dec 05, 2015
So because some set of leaders that milked Nigeria so badly and never let her grow are likely to be exposed, PMB should stop the anti corruption war? Wunmi Akintide must be kidding...But does it expect Nigeria to continue in the old way where heavy looting persists with insignificant progress recorded? We've had enough of that for too long.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by greatiyk4u(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2015
Who is afraid of Nigeria exploding?

That will give room 4 the time of reckoning, wen sheep will be separated from goats......... One Nigeria is overdue

Besides, it is only a parasite that is afraid of freedom

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Iroh88(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2015
Since yesterday, these guys have been trying so hard to make it appear as though Obj's statement was in reference to the protests by some miscreants in the South East whereas he was referring to the level of unemployment in the country.

What a shame.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by aare07(m): 7:10am On Dec 05, 2015
I will not happen.
I believe in One Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2015
If his goal is to go beyond the Jonathan Administration. The Nigerian Judiciary is going to mess him up and slow him down as it is already doing

The summary of this article is that Mr Buhari should limit his ongoing probe to just the Jonathan administration. Yeye dey stink.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by oshe11: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2015
story 4 d gods......

Like say U r nt one of d cause

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Olivers2J(f): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2015
funny country with unprepared president

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Lordwize(m): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2015
OBJ had the chance to make this country better, his greed and selfishness did not allowed him. He is scared of being probed and he wants PMB to probe GEJ administration. There should go ahead and probe every administration since 1999 for justice.
Whatever we do today, posterity will judge us all.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by captainflash(m): 7:16am On Dec 05, 2015
MUMU OBJ

Nah ur head go BLOW

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by lasisi69(f): 7:17am On Dec 05, 2015
End time man... And your farm may explode join

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by ednut1(m): 7:17am On Dec 05, 2015
It is only in Nigeria where u wud see ex leaders, governors, senators and others who basically ruined the country coming out to give advice on good governance and how to move forward . may ogun, ifa and Esu fire thier left yansh

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by tinobrace(m): 7:18am On Dec 05, 2015
OBASANJO may soon explode.

12 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 05, 2015
Rubbish.....
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Lincoln275(m): 7:18am On Dec 05, 2015
soro niyen
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Meriekriss: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2015
Buhari that has been investigating only this immediate past govt is still finding it difficult to indict anyone and you want to saddle them with more responsibilities.. Pls they shouldn't bother wasting our time and concentrate on GEJ govt.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2015
OLOHUN MAJE.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Psalm18: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2015
Demmocrats:

Brilliant in what sense, he made policies that impoverished millions and ruined so many youths destiny.

Nigeria is cursed to have people like him.

What ever that is wrong with this nation has 50 percent root back to OBJ.

I pray Hades comes and claim this curse called OBJ.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by polina5: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2015
Bomb soot
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by Goahead(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2015
Guilty conscious OBJ, he's actually trying to cover up his treacherous administration that impoverished Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters by hertheytheydgee(m): 7:21am On Dec 05, 2015
Don't you think some of these news of corrupt leaders entertains us in this hard time?

#comic_relief.
Back to the street

END TIME EXPLOSION!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

''Pack Your Loads & Leave Lagos" - Godwin Ikuru Threatens Igbos Living In Lagos / Aisha Buhari Celebrates Her 48th Birthday / Ize-Iyamu’s Family Backs Obaseki’s Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.